Sup Jow Forums

Sup Jow Forums
So im trying to trick out my SCAR 17 and need some recommendations on some attachments for it. I know I want some sort of optic but im not completely sure if I want a scope, a red dot sight or an ACOG. Also looking for a grip, sling and maybe a bipod. So Jow Forums, what chu guys recommend?

Attached: 53819530_282987909287247_5958401171893780480_n.jpg (480x640, 91K)

Why don’t you state what your intended purpose for it is, ya dingus. Need to know that first unless you just want to throw accessories on it like a woman.

Mid-range use I guess which is why im leaning more toward and ACOG. However, i wouldnt mind getting a scope in the future to start shooting at larger distances.

Then get a scope thats got 1-6x or 1-8x for short and mid range shooting. Vortex makes the Strike Eagle which is nice.

Attached: SE-1824-1-2.jpg (800x467, 112K)

i would recommend getting rid of that gun and getting a better gun like the ar15 like the navy seals said

Skip the ACOG, put a Vortex Razor Gen IIE in a nice mount. Larue, ADM, KDG, and Scalarworks are a few off the top of my head that won't destroy your knuckles using the charing handle. Then step up to a NF ATACR 1-8 when you're ready to spend some real money. Elcan 1.5-6x are a decent option too if you just want maximum A E S T H E T I C.

Attached: TA11E+RM07 GISELLE XPRODUCTS.jpg (3853x1251, 773K)

Holy shit 2k for these optics..
they look really nice though

I actually really like these. good entry level scope.

Dude the whole board has seen your damn gun 30 times over give it a rest

Are you really getting mad about someone posting a picture of a gun on Jow Forums? what a literal cry baby faggot. Get over it.

acog will be fine if you ONLY shoot between 100 and 400 yards and never closer or farther, i.e. bench rest commando

otherwise get some kind of 1-x variable

>t. fell for the acog meme

S E E T H I N G poorfag

will it survive the recoil impulse of the scar 17?

>low quality bait

Yeah, glass isnt cheap

Desu, we have had a abundance of SCAR threads for the last week. STOP posting threads and take your faggot ass to /brg/ or
/qtddtot/ with you fucking scar

t. 805 Bren owner

It's the only source of pride in his life, give him a break

>Scarfags
>ever not needing to remind everyone they exist
Pick only one

You kinda have a dilema OP. You bought a true battle rifle. And a good one. However now you cant skimp on cheap optics, because youre shooting .308
And .308 is solid out to 1000 yards, for a semi auto. Non bolt action. Plus its a Scar. The rifle breaks cheap scopes.
So you need to research before buying. I honestly suggest buying a ar pistol to substitute your CQB. Leave the Scar for long distance.

Bells and whistles, maybe a kazoo.

easily, Pretty much ever single scope made by any even sub reputable brand can handle any weapons recoil. Also as far as damaging recoil goes 9mm is worse than a 50BMG. So unless you actually do research into what rounds cause the most recoil, and then buy the shittiest Chinese airsoft tier parts.

>buys a $3000 rifle
>balks at the price of good glass
Scarfags are the epitome of nouveau riche poseurs, no wonder they are also all over instagram

I went with the TA33 ACOG because I'm done with unmagnified optics and wanted something less bulky and lighter than a full size scope.

That being said, I still use my cheap Leupold scope when I want to punch holes in paper.

I reversed the mount the ACOG came with to move the screws to the other side from the charging handle, but eventually I sprung for the ADM mount.

Whenever I go to the range it never fails that I am asked if they can shoot it. I move the charging handle over to the other side for them so the amateurs who don't know any better won't get Garand thumb'd. Since switching to the ADM mount none of them have hurt themselves despite their best efforts to offer their thumbs to the SCAR gods.

I have a VCAS sling, but I don't like to use it too much. I find it gets in the way of shouldering sometimes if I use the sling loop in the heel of the boot.

If I used it more I would probably get hardware to use the sling attachment points in the middle or just tie it on with some paracord.

Ive got a scar17, i put a 1-8 platinum primary arms on it. People might shit on pa but its worked great. If i were you i wouldnt put a big ass scope on it. Its a battle rifle not a sniper rifle. I also have a harris bipod on it. Past that you might want the ar10 magazine lower but its like 400 bucks.
I put a 400 dollar pa 1-8 on mine before i got the platinum, worked fine

>own one gun
>spend every last dime to own it and have and ACOG
>neglect personal necessities or even the investment of a CCW
>post endlessly the same photo of the same boring SCAR-17 everywhere to call everyone a poorfag
the greatest larp of all

Most Japanese scopes come out of the same factory, only the branding and customer specifications vary.
There are also quite a few niche European low power variables on the market, but US prices seem to be a bit steep compared to Japanese made scopes.

Attached: MINOX_ZP8_1_8x24_web.jpg (800x281, 14K)

actually wanted to write nice not niche ... but it's still kinda fitting.

Attached: MR10_plus.jpg (2000x2410, 153K)