Why isn't Fury Jow Forums?

Why isn't Fury Jow Forums?

Attached: fury-jon-bernthal.jpg (3000x2000, 3.63M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xxdxb0JqlSY
youtube.com/watch?v=lPDWX71pnWI
youtu.be/DRAlWtadQRc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It is though.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (660x1009, 106K)

but it's not on the list of Jow Forums approved movies

Story over accuracy and perpetuation of misinformation about the war and the role of tanks. As a film, it's excellent and well executed and aesthetic as all hell. As a film, it's biggest focus is on the effect of war on people and the desperation of them. It mostly abandons this for cool action set pieces, but it's clearly the focus over the historical accuracy of it. Lack of accuracy is what takes it away from Jow Forums and what will get you the most shit flinging.

I assume because it was a bunch of garbage with a handful of good scenes.

>Pro white propaganda masquerading as historical fiction
It was made about trash, by trash, for trash

Crimes include but are not limited to:
Glorifying rape
Glorifying killing of prisoners
Muh indestructible Brad pit super white male getting shot 3 times with an 8mm and somehow still being able to jump on a grenade
Sherman tanks being able to take any amount of punishment

Seriously, I know this place is full of kids but come on.

Unrealistic tank battle, meh characters, forced drama, and lots of action sequences where you have to suspend all disbelief and basic intelligence.

Pretty poor b8, too obvious

Jon Bernthal's character in Fury is still the most accurate portrayal of enlisted personnel in a film.

Not enough Yukari

confuckingfirmed

I didn't think it was that bad until it turned into a Tarantino film right at the end. And for me that kind of ruined any of the merits it did have.

how do you figure

its good until the one tank battle where shermans are being blown the fuck apart by panzers at point blank range and Pitts character got shot like three times, still kept fighting, had a grenade land in his goddamn lap and he was still in one pretty piece when norman finds him. He would have been soup on the goddamn walls. That, plus waves of germans running into machine gun fire at the end. Its a shame because it was almost a great depiction of war, and not just over glorified americans fighting ebil nazis, but it fell apart in the final act

krauts deserved every execution that came their way tho

rest of this is just more butthurt wehrboo BS

Is this the best WWI movie

Attached: poster.jpg (744x1146, 85K)

The tracers were too bright for the time of day and an unrealistic volume of them on screen, looked like something straight out of ILM

Attached: 982740292.jpg (1280x720, 380K)

i will point out that they were overzealous SS troops at the end, and were probably more patriotic than well trained

and the german at the end who finds the last guy under the tank and just ignores him probably shows that many germans are just scared kids who dont necessarily want to kill just like he was at the start of the film

This. I liked the fact that the characters weren't the cliché good guy heroes that you usually see in movies, but rather flawed and sometimes depraved (like soldiers usually are).

Of course you have retarded and tone deaf wehraboos that think that the depravity depicted in the movie is somehow glorifying it, but you can discard their opinions anyways.

i saw this movie about 2 days ago... why didn't the ss troops use the panzerfaust in the final scene?

I kind of want to join the army or marines as part of a tank crew. Should I? whats its really like?

Attached: 1546651335859.jpg (512x512, 30K)

The lone tiger going point blank against the Shermans instead of sniping them from like a mile away was pretty dumb.

The German girl dying was forced as fuck.

The ending was fucking stupid
>inb4 Audi Murphy

Still liked the movie though...

>He would have been soup on the goddamn walls
Confirmed for not knowing what the fuck a grenade is/does. Pls stfu.

some Marxist Jews removed the firing pins.

They did, but it only served the purpose of killing the gunner and nothing else. If anything or should have lit the tank like it did at the beginning.

T. Circumcised Penis

Explain

killing nazis isn't k

German grenades at the end of the war were shrapnel. May not have splattered him , but he should've been cut to shit.

It sucks most of the time. Constant maintenance, bullshit drills, etc. That said, being a tanker in Iraq was 50/50 awesome invincibility and stuffed into a pressure cooker to roast alive in the heat

Confirmed for actual fucking smoothbrained retard who doesnt grasp hyperbole, one of the most basic and common figures of speech in the English language. Literally kill yourself.

cuz it sucked so hard. cheesy and boring for anyone over 14

youtube.com/watch?v=Xxdxb0JqlSY

Damn good acting.

I thought it was a very welcome departure from the previous generation of American ww2 films.
I’m an oldfag now, but back when the internet was young and fun was when saving private Ryan and then Band of Brothers came out. An entire generation went around with online names like MAJ.WINTERS101ST in games like day of defeat (original HL edition) and joined the army to be like the righteous heroes on the silver screen. (Spr and BoB are MUH GOOD WAR cheerleading bullshit based on Stephen Ambrose garbage history books)

Fury captures the nihilistic futility of the modern zeitgeist and it feels believable transposed to ww2.

Also I can’t cite a source but I recall reading the final battle in Fury was inspired by a vaguely similar real event. Obviously not exactly what happened in the movie but somewhere in France a lone tank held up a group of Germans at one point.

He's still getting his head rubbed

It was like watching a video game, sure most of it is highly exaggerated, historically inaccurate gibberish, but its just cool to watch shit blow up and dudes get blasted

Too many inaccuracies too little racism

>>Pro white propaganda
t. buttmad jew is mad it's not about Holohoax.

Kids your hearing goodbye.

The manga was better

This scene should of been in the final cut, What the fuck.

I liked it. Sure it has some dumb moments to drag out the action (plus crazy amounts of tracer fire) but it's more a collection of experiences that happened in some form or another. Just not entirely to one tank crew.
The only times I really went "Oh bullshit!" was the SS with the Panzerfaust missing from 10 feet away and the Tiger bouncing a shot against Fury's side. The entire scene with the Tiger was kind of idiotic in how it developed but I understand why it was done that way to minimize having to move Tiger 131. Part of me still wishes the movie focused on a Tiger crew but seeing how much Fury got beat up during filming, I totally understand why they didn't have the Tiger in every shot.

The soundtrack was good too.
youtube.com/watch?v=lPDWX71pnWI

Attached: M4A3E8_Sherman_HVSS_with_76mm_gun_10th_Armored_Division_Rosswalden_Germany_1945.jpg (1600x1307, 264K)

Except even overzealous inexperienced troops aren't going to fall en masse to a disabled tank

The movie really lost me when the bundle of logs stopped the Tigers 88mm from penetrating the Sherman, after the Tiger decided to charge into an open field at a more maneuverable tank against all logic vs fall back.

Attached: sad grenade react.jpg (480x390, 26K)

Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers don't really glorify Americans like some say it does. Both show some pretty terrible behavior coming from the men they follow, things which should not be cheered on. Anyone who was feeling proud of those moments missed the point entirely. The only thing Saving Private Ryan is guilty of is creating/reviving so many cliches that it effectively infected war movies and WW2 video games for the next decade after its release.
Stephen Ambrose books are kind of bad at telling real history. I liked Citizen Soldiers because it was just a bunch of stories he was told be veterans and he left in inaccuracies because that's what the men at the time believed.

The final fight with War Daddy is based on Audie Murphy fighting on the back of a burning M10. There are a few recorded instances of one tank holding off many.
A French Char B1 bis knocking out a dozen German tanks and AT guns
A Soviet KV-1 or 2 stopping a panzer division's advance for a day at Raseiniai
Michael Wittmann holding a town during the battle of Villers-Bocage
Probably a few others, I'd be interested to hear about them.

>Glorifying killing of prisoners
The prisoner they shot committed a warcrime severe enough to warrant immediate execution in the Allies eyes. Being captured while wearing enemy uniforms for any reason would have gotten pretty much anyone shot in WW2.

Clearly we both lived through the era and came to similar conclusions.
Fury wasn’t like anything made back then. It took 15 years to move on.

>>Pro white propaganda masquerading as historical fiction
>It was made about trash, by trash, for trash

Fuck off, you sniveling nigger.

But it had unrealistic battles and was just pandering to the anti war crowd. There wouldn't have been too much nihilistic strife in an army with invasion momentum. One of the most annoying Hollywood tropes is the nhilistic soldier whom questions authority constantly. It breed a whole generation of progressive faggots who dont understand the utility of national defense.

Ok but like 90% of the famous best war movies are ultimately anti war.
Because war sucks.

Attached: Fury.png (611x485, 170K)

Because brother wars that only benefit Jews and communists aren’t very Jow Forums honestly.

No

Attached: Lawrence of Arabia.jpg (1267x971, 135K)

Both SPR and BoB have many scenes of brutality, mental breakdown and general shittyness

If anything I think Fury went TOO FAR with its grimdark (Germans wasting what was probably their last 5 artillery shells on a captured town and just happening to hit the heroes girl? Really?).

War is hell but Fury was Stalingrad having a baby with Verdun and having it raised by the Iran-Iraq war.

joining them would be Jow Forums

Audie Murphy did the last scene of the movie by himself, recovering from malaria and on a burning tank destroyer. I get what you mean about the overall feel though, we could use a Pacific War movie like that, the Pacific was too rushed and they left out way too many things from Sledges book. They should’ve just made that series about K-3-5 following Sledge, Burgins, SNAFUs, Redifer, Marmot and Santos story

It's not a movie about the second world war it's a movie about how evil Nazis were.

jews fucking with the final script. Everything must be filth, violence or propaganda. Men bonding? A realistic depiction of the fears of war? Character development? Fuck that, we need this movie to be less than 90 minutes and we're already two hours deep.

One of the best credit scenes I've seen in a while, that's for sure

youtu.be/DRAlWtadQRc

shia lebeouf gets shot in the fucking face so that's cool i guess

Because there is alot of furry people here on this board.

There is no need to be upset

Politics aside, it’s one of the few Burger movies I can think of where there is a CLEAR distinction made between Wehrmacht and Waffen SS combatants. instead of the typical “everyone is le evil natzeee”

Hell, even the SS are humanized at the end

Agreed.
Most of the Panzerfausts got rekt during the initial attack. One did hit its mark tho
>Overzealous retards attacking a mobility kill
Happens more often than you think, at least notionally. It’s an OpFor specialty

imagine thinking that questioning authority is a bad thing

>high angle bounce

Watch out folks Mr. Contrarian is here to share his opinion!

If Saving Private Ryan came out today, Jow Forums would pick it to pieces and call it a wildly inaccurate propaganda film

t. bootlicker

>If Saving Private Ryan came out today, Jow Forums would pick it to pieces and call it a wildly inaccurate propaganda film
it definitely was, though that doesn't mean it was bad

Paths of glory

>no nine month pregnant Anne Frank taking Norman's virginity

Attached: immense disappointment.png (575x175, 135K)

Sometimes in the military it really is
When your NCO or officer needs something done in the heat of actual, no shit combat, asking 'but why?' Is a waste of time
Now in peactime bullshit that happens and it happens pretty often, but even then very rarely to the face of your superior
But in war usually thats a quick way to get straightened out very quickly

But it is a wildly unrealistic propaganda film
That doesn’t mean it isn’t enjoyable to watch

>bernthal

a widly inaccurate propaganda film can be a good movie from an acting/special effects/camera work standpoint though, it still has an agenda to push and most people reflect any criticism of their favorite ww2 movie

Attached: 1548256983647.png (871x684, 553K)

Attached: 15f9309cfd520e6740314129cedd88d5--bait-discussion.jpg (500x275, 11K)

Mr. Pitt is /k and posts here he's 2a and a gunlover also

>Mr. Pitt is /k
>/k
>/
>k
no

Attached: 1548364664345.png (436x473, 156K)

this

yeah and he post here occasionally kys newfag, he's based

you have no proof of this

It's an alright movie, but not the best; glad I didn't pay to see it. As tank movies go, it's not bad. I prefer Kelly's Heroes, since it's just overall more fun. On the other hand, it had the benefit of being produced in an era where we can get some pretty passable and gruesome special effects. Combined with the tone of the movie, and we get back to that Saving Private Ryan sort of brutality. Still, I would have to say it looses out in this respect to Hacksaw Ridge, which really walks the line of straight up body horror at times.

>tl;dr it's a good movie but it doesn't do anything better than any other movie

Attached: 268x0w.png (268x402, 160K)

>Hacksaw Ridge

one of the worst war movies i have ever seen

>Kelly's Heroes

top film

t. Jew

t jew poster in 2019

DO IT AGAIN BOMBER HARRIS

>not t. jew posting in 2019
WEW LAD

Attached: 7187.png (497x362, 416K)

>proving his point

Attached: Dresden2.jpg (650x489, 305K)

>Here's a group of people I don't like saying something you said. Thus you are all these same people.
By that logic all Nazis are furries.

>By that logic all Nazis are furries.
Goering probably was

Goering was the Reich's masterforester, he's one of the reasons there's no more bears in Germany. Pretty sure he wasn't a Furry.

>Goering was the Reich's masterforester, he's one of the reasons there's no more bears in Germany
based göring removing communist symbols from european forrests

It felt like it lacked soul. Like they tried their damndest to make it emotional and dramatic with relatively little real substance. The Beast is a better tank film imo

Jow Forums takes themselves far too seriously, even easier then Jow Forums too bait

Is that why the Germans were so shit? Because they removed all the hammers from their factories and the sickles from their farms? Seems like that makes it hard to build stuff and feed your populace.

its a shitpost, you might be new here

I loved Fury for it's atmosphere. All that dirt and despair and shit. It's just a movie, but they got that pretty right.

>The final fight with War Daddy is based on Audie Murphy fighting on the back of a burning M10
Nope based off "Death Traps : The survival of an American armored division in World War II". Where essentially the same scenario happened, just doesn't specify what kind of German troops and they pretty much walked up on the tank due to darkness when the guy inside opened up on them.

>CLEAR distinction made between Wehrmacht and Waffen SS combatants
Very nice to see this as it is very rarely shown. I for one can't wait for a Castle Itter Movie and also wish they made a movie about the Battle of the Halbe.

>its a shitpost
>doesn't recognize a shitpost

Attached: 1496273485624.png (864x722, 264K)

hitler was a vegetarian. Big fucking warning right there

>he doesnt recognise a shitpost that is pretends not to be aware of other shitposts
embarrasing desu

Attached: 1552172654949.jpg (700x933, 121K)