Now that S&W revolvers are shit and Ruger has always had bad triggers what’s the next best thing?

Now that S&W revolvers are shit and Ruger has always had bad triggers what’s the next best thing?

Attached: A21A2574-8FF2-4464-B983-C3A5ACA994EE.jpg (300x168, 8K)

taurus

Old colt revolvers

Attached: 20190120_144803.jpg (1960x2117, 2.77M)

This tactic has never worked FYI.

Attached: idiots3.png (618x412, 365K)

I still prefer nu-smith to Ruger. At least their revolvers don't look like dogshit.

I do wonder why they keep the lock. It isn't liked by anyone and likely costs them more to integrate it into every revolver. With that said, I never have had an issue with any of mine and I shoot some stupid handloads from mine and have shot my original 5" 460 thousands of times.

Attached: Muh X-Frames.jpg (3722x1180, 3.12M)

Pre 90's Smith or Colt. Any of the Manurhin MR 73 and above family. If you can afford it, Korth revolvers. Magnum Research makes some sick big iron too.

Will you guys seriously let it fucking go already? This shit pops up every damn week. There are much more pressing issues to bitch about than safety features included on a gun.

Attached: S&W Lock...again.jpg (115x125, 3K)

Attached: you_are_wrong.jpg (600x480, 38K)

Unironically this

My main issue with the lock is that it made the things ugly as hell. They look humpbacked compared to the way they used to be.

My Ruger has an excellent trigger...at least after I sent it in to customer service because the trigger locked up in the first month under 300 rounds.
So if you don't mind all that...just go with Ruger. I'm sure it will be fine. Eventually.

Same reason Ruger keeps their lawyer marks and Marlin/Winchester keep safeties on their leverguns? They put them there and they're afraid if they remove them they'll get sued for "making their guns more dangerous".

Cant deny that, theres only a handful of grips that make gp100s tolerable to look at while nearly everything smith makes is pleasing to the eye out of the box.
do pre-lock guns go for more than post-lock? If yes, do you think they realize it?

Love my ruger sp101 carried it daily for years.

RIA

>Now that S&W revolvers are shit
they're still good even if the age of hand-fitting is over, you're just autistic about a feature you don't have to use

>muh aesthetics
guns are tools, not pieces of art

I'm fond of older Smith's, usually pre '82 with the pinned barrels. They're about the best/most aesthetic you can get for the price, tho they are starting to appreciate in value pretty quickly

They've got a few offerings without the lock now

>Not pieces of art
I disagree there. Modern combat guns like Glock are tools. Older Colts and Smith's are like mechanical art. It's like wanting a Honda Civic vs an Old GTO or Corvette

>prefer nu-smith
disgusting.
>lock
>barrel sleeve

Reminder that rugers have locks as well, they’re just hidden under the grips.

Your mom since she loves to cock so easily.

Agreed, but this one looks nice

Attached: B20ACCC7-EB13-4642-8DE7-4350533757D8.jpg (640x480, 24K)

It's a tool you're almost certainly never going to use for it's intended purpose, so you might as well get one that looks good, as long as it still works well enough

chiappa

I think the security six looked better but still think the GP100 looks like with the half wood half rubber grip

The rented Sp101 I shoot had a pretty smooth trigger

> It's a tool you're almost certainly never going to use for it's intended purpose
Putting holes in things at a distance?

Uberti

>I cant afford either the s&w or ruger revolvers
>g-good thing th-they're sh-shit right?

>Marlin/Winchester keep safeties on their leverguns
?

What about the Super Blackhawk?

Attached: Super Blackhawk.jpg (1100x732, 447K)

>guns are tools, not pieces of art
I wouldn't buy an ugly hammer either

>I can't hammer in this nail unless I look fabulous whilst doing so

>he unironically is thinking that taurus is going to do anything note worthy.

have fun with your freezing cylinders after 500 shots.

Attached: 1550382299991.png (954x1098, 1.31M)

>Pre 90's Smith or Colt

this old 29s and pythons

>Ruger has always had bad triggers

ruger old army says nah

Shimming and polishing a Ruger trigger.

LOL

Smith & Wesson don't even make single-action revolvers.

>guns are tools, not pieces of art
Wrong.

>Marlin/Winchester keep safeties on their leverguns?
S&W doesn't keep the locks because it's a good idea, though.

Their single actions are outstanding, probably Rugers nicest lineup outside of the over/ unders and #1 rifles they used to make

True, but that they stay hidden is preferable, also I never hear or see those locks malfunction or seize the gun up.

The stock GP100 looks boring as fuck, the Match Champion version looks more interesting and comes with a nicer trigger.

I like Big Irons

The bluing just doesn't pop like older SWs

I know the LCR had them early on, but do you know what other models do? I bought a GP100 Match Champion recently and didn't see a lock when I changed the grip.

A bad guy isn't going to care how nice your gun looks when you shoot them

>Ah, that polished stainless steel finish, those checkered rosewood grips, the tasteful engraving on the barrel, those chamfering on the chambers...tis truly an honor to be shot by such a fine weapon

Honestly?

I'll just keep buying pre-lock smiths, old colts and old taurus, it's not like they'll stop existing.

The locks are removable.

Attached: 330a099bcd44827d2b7720d1784e6716.jpg (313x422, 20K)

super blackhawks are super aesthetic

Attached: 1552316046960302.jpg (2016x1512, 343K)

>Now that S&W revolvers are shit
>Now
Right

Can you put the old cylinder release on a Nu-Smith? I prefer the original to the weird slanted shit.

>Paying to fix your gun from the factory
Right. I bet you have a glock with $800 in aftermarket in it to make it good as well.

My sp101 match champion has no such thing.

>giant hole in the side of your gun

>giant hole

>You’re just upset about a feature you don’t have to use
>Suddenly locks up your action while it’s cocked

I'll never understand why they went to a full underlug on the GP100, it looks like shit and makes me want to puke.

I wish S&W made X-frames in normal calibers like .44 Mag and .22 LR.

Safeties on leverguns is as ridiculous as safeties on single action revolvers.

S&W revolvers are fine* and Ruger revolvers have good triggers**; you're just being a petulant Internet crybaby.

---
*after you send them back to the factory to have them unfuck a bunch of problems that a functional QC dept. would have never let them out the door with
**once you polish and deburr all the internals and add a bunch of shims to the action

Yea, no. I want to carry the damn thing loaded.

Then leave the hammer down. Every levergun made in the past 50 years, excepting maybe spaghetti replicas, which I'm not sure about, have a transfer bar.

This. I have a 38 special and its 10/10

Pandering to Pythonfags.

>locks up the gun
>only evidence are decades old forum posts and a video that doesn't even shoe the actual lock malfunction

It's literally fuddlore at this point

I don't mind a manual safety on one.

Can we stop having multiple threads a month about this? Christ it's like 99% of Jow Forums was born yesterday...

And a lot of people don't mind Hillary holes, but we still have these threads don't we?

big gay 2bh

What is the vaquero?

Fuck me I got confused. Please bully

The Hilary hole is not the same thing as a manual safety on a lever action. Manually decocking the gun is NOT a good option since most people don't know how to do it properly.

Does the stupid hurt? It looks like it hurts. Taurus is fine.

>Being poor

Attached: 1475922041911.gif (480x238, 415K)

I've never had a problem with a taurus.

Why can't they be both?

The Marlin one isn't a trigger safety, it just blocks the firing pin from making contact with the hammer

Just grasp the hammer and ease it down, don't eat spare ribs while shooting guns.
People have thumbed down hammers for centuries.

I agree this is worst than the people who kvetch about Glock nonstop. It's like they have 0 practical experience and shit post Jow Forums memes in place of that experience, taking them at face value

>Just grasp the hammer and ease it down, don't eat spare ribs while shooting guns.
t. doesn't go outside. Many people I've seen manually decock a gun hold back the trigger the entire time. That disables any safety like a firing pin block or a transfer bar. The manual safety is a better option.
>People have thumbed down hammers for centuries.
Yea, so what? People ate off of lead plates for centuries. That wasn't safe, either.

>FortuneCookieLC comin' to you from the hot lead zone

>feature you don't even have to use
Or even keep.

Attached: 1551539917007.jpg (735x881, 323K)

How much does that thing squirm around in your hands with .357 and those tiny-ass stocks?

I haven't fired .357 out of it. I bought it because I want to use the classic style grips because I think they look rad and my previous 442 wasn't very much fun to shoot a lot while practicing for me which I chocked up to it being too light. I don't know if selling it and buying this was the right thing to do but I'm having a lot of fun practicing with this and I also like the option of thumbing the hammer. I'll probably shoot some .357 out of it sometime but will be sticking to my Underwood 125 grain JPH .38+P for carry. I hear around here a lot that .357 is bullshit out of a little gun like this because of the recoil and extreme sound and I think .38 is fine.

There are lots of good "short barrel" .357 loads these days optimized for snubnose pocket guns that shouldn't be too bad (relatively speaking) out of a steel J-frame

I just assume I'm too much of a pussy because .38 was hurting my hand out of my 15 ounce airweight before.

No, centerfire airweights just suck to shoot.
Nobody actually likes them.

Airweights are generally speaking not very pleasant to shoot, hence why they're not that popular. They also don't have a particularly long service life. Regular snubbies are much better IMO.
I figure maybe with .38 Special wadcutters, or even .32 S&W Long wadcutters, airweights would be less bothersome to shoot, but you would be stepping down a lot in firepower.

To give you some ideas, there exist airweights in .357 Magnum, which are outright fucking nasty. A typical revolver in .44 Magnum is a lot more pleasurable to shoot than any typical airweight snub, because of the heavier weight and the more substantial grips. Shooting one of those little ultralight pocketguns, and then finding "Gee, that's not very fun!", is a pretty common reaction.

Attached: S&W 629.png (1024x479, 919K)

Why would you shoot .357 out of a barrel that short anyway?

More muzzle velocity. more psychological impact from the blast/noise, simpler logistics if you reload/stockpile .357 already

Creaturas de la oscuridad

>I hear around here a lot that .357 is bullshit out of a little gun like this because of the recoil and extreme sound
There is. There's low flash loads, which perform a little better with shorter barrels, but they're still not that nice to shoot.

>and I think .38 is fine.
It certainly works fine.

comedy gold.

>but you would be stepping down a lot in firepower.
I figure the point of an airweight pocket gun is to have something better than harsh language when you can't/won't carry a "real gun", so I don't see any problem with, say, a 7-shot .22 WMR J-frame like the 351PD.
A .32 S&W Long loaded with wadcutters would be a nice compromise between something that's tolerable to practice with and something that's reliable and terminally effective enough to bet your life on.

Attached: LXTZyja.jpg (768x1024, 111K)

Based.

Attached: 20190311_181851.jpg (2576x1932, 2.12M)

Because the holding that invented and supplied the lock bought S&W when they went bankrupt. They aren't going to remove their own product from their subsidiary's offering. I don't know why this needs to be said every other day.

Because it's so stupid that people's minds block it out as a defense mechanism.

wew