Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uRf8WfuKkEc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guinea_Pig_Club
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

kraut planes were so fucking stupid

>fighter sweeps your airspace
>annihilates your fighter force
>allows bombers to flatten industry

Attached: North American P-51 Mustang.jpg (1095x730, 91K)

>wastes resources on hairbrained innovation and valuable pilots by killing them on the landing.

>Literally a pair of 30mm's strapped to a fucking rocket
>fuel so corrosive it sometimes dissolved the pilots
>already at 500 mph at runways end, could go so fast it could exit its own shock cone and then fucking explode as it hit the trans-sonic barrier
>could climb 32,000 feet in 2 minutes going vertical
>b-17s violently shit themselves in its presense
>grew into the bell x-1
was there a chadder intercepter?

>there are actual mainstream white people who still want the Jews to win

>160 m/s climb speed

That's better then a fuckin f15

Shiggy

youtu.be/uRf8WfuKkEc

>fielding jet fighters, jet bombers, rocket intercepters, BWB and flying wing aircraft while all the allies were still shitting around with props
>stupid

Attached: 1546787472333m.jpg (947x1024, 83K)

the benefit of being the worlds only rocket powered intercepter

>tfw this isn’t even parody at this point

>had no landing gear, litereally had to land on a fucking ski

>Fielding short runs of impractical, overly expensive and fatally faulty designs while just use their superior engineering skills and work ethic to build perfected prop designs that curb stomp your blunderwaffen into powder without breaking a sweat.

Wehraboos...

Attached: McDonnell_XP-67_061024-F-1234P-031.jpg (1800x1200, 182K)

>*teleportierts behïnd you*
>Bitte lösen Sie den Abschlepphaken

ftfy

>doesn't realize that the allies reached technological parity and usually were technologically ahead of the nazis in almost all fields
>doesn't realize the exceptions are because we also had the same technology, but unlike nazis wouldn't put shit on the front line before it could simple tasks like driving uphill without catching fire

the Haviland Vampire was better than any of the garbage jet aircraft germany experimented with and it's first flight was in 42

What did the USAF mean by this?

Attached: 151007-F-DW547-003.jpg (2100x1500, 390K)

What I can't hear you, my ears are bleeding.

/wtg/ is that way >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>/vg>>>>>>>>>>>>

Attached: hh4.jpg (190x240, 10K)

>reeeee non white people having rights?
>reeeee women working?!
>reeeee saving muh six trillion death camps
They didn't even know they existed until later in the war.
>reeeee nazis were da good guys cuz I don't like modern politics
I'm so glad that incels have no power outside of their little anonymous hugboxes online.

>rights
Why do brown people keep trying to usurpe our concept?

Sounds like appropriation

"You aren't big enough and there aren't enough of you to get me in that thing again"

>Didn't stop allies.

*teleports behind sound barrier (again)*

nothin personel, scott

Attached: yeager-b2-not_2009_air_show_400x400.jpg (400x400, 33K)

fucking based

*scores most jet aerial victories in history*

Attached: 1392705584287.jpg (1600x1234, 246K)

why are all jew posters complete retards?

looses war

*ahem*

Attached: 18235482.png (972x1996, 459K)

Is being a fighter pilot in ww2 the most fun a serviceman could ever have in combat?

>turns your grandchildren into coalburning trannies

BASED!

>spend several hours fiddling with buttons and levers for maybe 10 minutes of action if you are lucky
>nowhere to pee
>get a cramp and die

its not the worst job, but it was definitely not a walk in the park
and it involves a lot of math and on-the-spot calculations

Plastic surgery has an interesting history that really originate in dealing with the melted features of RAF pilots that survived the battle of britian with faces like melted lumps of plastic

this

>Is being a fighter pilot in ww2 the most fun a serviceman could ever have in combat?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guinea_Pig_Club

"The Guinea Pig Club, established in 1941, was a social club and mutual support network for British and allied aircrew injured during World War II. Its membership was made up of patients of Archibald McIndoe at Queen Victoria Hospital, East Grinstead, Sussex, who had undergone experimental reconstructive plastic surgery, including facial reconstruction, generally after receiving burns injuries in aircraft. The club remained active after the end of the war, and its annual reunion meetings continued until 2007. "

It has been described as the most exclusive Club in the world, but the entrance fee is something most men would not care to pay and the conditions of membership are arduous in the extreme.

Archibald McIndoe, 1947

as opposed to modern day pilots that never ever see combat at all? I'd like to fly a prop fighter in ww2 over pretty much anythibg

Is it true the fuel tank had to be lined with glass to keep it from being corroded away mid-flight? Seems like a terrible idea considering the landing is guaranteed to be rough due to the skids.

this tired argument makes about as much sense as
>if only napolean had won we wouldn't have muslim refugees.

no no, i'm sure an unpredictable vaguely connected social upheaval 70 years later is enough cause to let the Germans go full gibs me dat lebenstraum, hitler wuz a good boy, he dindu nuffin, he just needed dat oil for dem programs.

Dont' try to stop muslims from taking over europe though because if you do, 100 years from something 'worse' might happen for unconnected reasons maybe

why do you people even invade other boards if all you do is get triggered? this shits like the male version of tumblr

Attached: 1552189471479.jpg (552x561, 58K)

every notable quote from mein kampf or adage from goebels on the jews could more accurately be applied to the posters on Jow Forums

No idea what they were lined with,I doubt it was glass. But fuel leaks were a major problem as the komet tended to explode.

Attached: 1373162951133.jpg (2258x1453, 788K)

Shame about your lack of fuel. Hope you brought a parachute.

Gonna be real frank with you dog, of all the people to hypothetically secure world domination, Germany is up there as the worst candidate.

You mean jet planes that were completely fucking useless?
Those resources should have been spent on existing aviation, not pursuing completely nonsensical pipedreams.

Wunderwaffen were ALL autistic nonsense, only the most braindead Wehraboo would insist otherwise.

>in his 1955 investigation into Adamski's claims, James W. Moseley interviewed Marley, who denied that he had enlarged the photos for analysis, found a "spaceman" in them, or knew of anyone who had. Moseley also interviewed German rocket scientist Walther Johannes Riedel, who told him that he had analyzed Adamski's UFO photos and found them to be fakes.[49] Riedel told Moseley that the UFO's "landing struts" were actually 100-watt General Electric light bulbs, and that he had seen the "GE" logo printed on them.[49] In 2012, UFO researcher Joel Carpenter identified the reflector-shade of a widely available 1930s pressurised-gas lantern as an identical visual match to the main portion of Adamski's saucer.[50]
That nigger was a conman.

Attached: gERRM4R.jpg (640x480, 41K)

>60 rounds per gun.
That's 5 seconds of guns and then you're dry. What a ridiculous waste of resources, god damn.

Attached: MK_108_at_RAF_Museum_Cosford.jpg (2736x3648, 3.48M)

your only in the air for 6 minutes anyways

Attached: wehraboos.jpg (383x121, 6K)

Poor excuse.

IIRC the low muzzle velocity of the 108's was a major complaint made even worse by the komet's
insane speed. As cool as they are to look at, Many of these designs should have stayed on paper.

Attached: zellenhp6.jpg (450x331, 24K)

>grew into the bell x-1
Source?

Work on the X-1 began years before the allies captured an intact Me163, so I'm thinking that the source was his ass.

>A 5 cm shell was mounted in a launch tube held in place by a pair of thin pins. Four such tubes were mounted vertically (to fire upward) in each wing. To ensure it would be fired at the correct time, the weapon featured a simple form of automated trigger in which an optical photocell detected the dark silhouette of an Allied bomber replacing bright blue sky and triggered the firing of the armed Jagdfaust guns. When the weapon fired, the force of the launch would break the pins holding the tube in place and the heavy tube would be ejected downward to offset the momentum of the explosive force of the shell. As a result, the plane's flight was not affected

neato

Attached: jagerfaust.jpg (800x474, 57K)

Never seen that before, thanks user.

Attached: 1484791698124.jpg (800x576, 64K)

*unzips wing*

n-nani?!

Attached: mother and country.jpg (690x407, 108K)

Can anyone give me a reason why these were never mounted on anything land based? Seems pretty Mk 19ish as far as I can tell.

Attached: math-lady-meme.png (680x445, 521K)

Fuck those things look so quintessentially German they give me a strange urge to surrender.

t. French

Nah, Not complex enough.

Attached: 1437588429839.jpg (500x323, 42K)

>unglaublicher Hans! deine Mutter erlaubt dir zwei Flugzeuge zu haben?

Attached: download.jpeg-3.jpg (209x242, 5K)

Horrifically slow shells. 30mm excelled at ripping bombers apart but travels slower than .50 and 20mm, making it useless for ground AA.

If you could have one functional ww2 plane, which one would it be
You are fully qualified to operate any equipment on the plane and all weaponry is legal

Attached: CD87F0AA-8264-4D3F-9351-AD24AE551C31.jpg (220x158, 11K)

>Well boys, I reckon this is it.

Attached: tibbets.enola.jpg (754x593, 83K)

I probably should have mentioned no nuclear weapons but too late now. What’s the target then?

The way you were supposed to use this was that you'd fire the engines, it would launch you high into the sky at a brazilian miles per hour, and then you'd be higher than the Allied bombers. You would glide down, since you'd be out of fuel, knock one or two out with your machine guns, and then glide to a really, really slow crash at the nearest vaguely flat surface. Was it worth the risk of being shot down or exploding or messing up the landing to fly something that could outrun it's own shock cone? Possibly.

Kind of like the Luftwaffe itself, in a way.

Maintenance and fuel included?
If so, either a Short Sunderland or one of those Catalinas with actual landing gear.
Imagine
>see the world and bring your home for the ride
>can bring all the people you want on board
>any body of water is your runway
>reasonably fast, yet top comfy
>sturdy yet as luxurious as you want
>can actually move cargo

Attached: Short_Sunderland_Mk_V_ExCC.jpg (1024x768, 137K)

>Only one bomb.
>So many targets to choose from.
I don't think I've ever faced such a hard decision in my life.

Attached: messerschmitt.jpg (1024x682, 181K)

Attached: me109_w.jpg (1024x649, 58K)

Attached: Uz66lPZ.jpg (650x488, 42K)

No, the Me 262 was one of the most difficult aircraft to fly in the entire war.

Attached: soit.jpg (2048x1365, 218K)

>hard
For me its probably the easiest.

Attached: redsquare.jpg (1200x800, 127K)

Lets say that daily maintenance is not an issue. It will be completely refuel and re armed at the end of each month, with any major damage repaired

That’s not L.A.

But what about Beijing or San Francisco or New Deli or Brussels? The list goes on and on.

I require the doom boomerang.

Attached: doomboomerang.jpg (920x824, 89K)

>doom boomerang
>not doomerang

ADVENTURE HERE I COME
Though I suppose the Boeing Clipper is more appropriate in that case.

This aircraft is one of the most aesthetically pleasing vehicles I have ever laid eyes upon.

based screech

Attached: 1540412432503.jpg (960x655, 174K)

ME262
>Negligible torque roll from engines
>Wonderful low speed handling
>360 visibility
>Stable tricycle landing gear

and on the other hand...
BF109
>Big V-12 swinging huge prop, lots of torque roll, need to apply opposite trim to stabilize
>God awful low speed handling
>Terrible visibility, small ass cockpit
>Narrow undercarriage, large amount of aircraft lost to landing accidents

The 262 was far from the hardest plane to fly during the war

he probably meant in an anti-personnel role

The 109 was notoriously tricky during takeoff and landing, and its cockpit was admittedly meant for manlets. It was however a decent energy fighter, and the airframe could easily be adapted to many roles.
The 262's biggest enemy were its lack of manoeuvrability and the primitive Jumo engines, which had to be handled with great care and was a hangar queen. Thrust had to be applied very carefully, since the engine could shut down or catch fire if the pilot respectively removed or added throttle too quickly. Coupled with its 30mm guns, which were unsuitable for dogfighting if decent against bombers, these problems meant that the 262 was never as effective as it was hoped and that the Allies could easily adapt to its presence. It performed admirably enough, but its shortfalls made it very vulnerable.

>The 262 was far from the hardest plane to fly during the war

Except for the fact that the engines were liable to suffer from any number of problems and likely to stop if you didn't handle them perfectly.

this one
most iconic aircraft of the war

Attached: 8955af1d5c6ce249d3046483950b3413.jpg (1600x1200, 136K)

Attached: 698af1af0b5df2a2e11ec937b3384266.jpg (1920x1200, 311K)

Have fun crashing loser

Attached: FW190-A8-JG4-(W11+-)-WrkN681497-.jpg (1184x750, 94K)

just give me one of these
really like this anons idea but i'm no good with people so this would have everything i need
>easy to fly and land
>extremely rugged design
>can lift a shitload of cargo for a single engine prop
>every potato field is your runway
>can store smaller stuff in the gunner seat
>good visibility (so you can enjoy the landscape while traveling)

Attached: ju-87 d7.jpg (1220x563, 258K)

Oh, I see.
Then it's just a logistics thing. The MK 103 was pretty expensive and existing weaponry already did the job well enough.

That’s not a P38 tho

>kamikazeing a flying fortress
Fellow sibling of negroid descent

Attached: 6.jpg (314x447, 32K)

>fuel so corrosive it sometimes dissolved the pilots

Attached: Evil Laugh.gif (299x240, 174K)

I'm pretty sure the "existing weapon"in this case was an actual anti-aircraft gun

Jew

>not bombing that gay as fuck Muslim prayer cube or whatever it is

religion of peace

You're a jew.

That'll make them go apeshit and come seeking vengeance, I'd rather just make sure they stay out of the west.

>an almost supersonic turbo prop plane so loud that the sound waves cause disorientation, vomiting, and permanent hearing loss just by being on the same airbase as you pu.

This unironically should have been adopted. Imagine being a jungle gook and hearing this thing buzz treetops at night. You would probably just assume the americans were summoning dragons.

so i don't want to invoke Jow Forums but...
>not wanting an excuse to start a modern crusade

Attached: 19si9q.jpg (454x331, 94K)

That sounds bothersome as fuck, and seems like it would bring lots of trouble and inconvenience my way.

Imagine a squadron of those buzzing a local preschool

Attached: 1d5.gif (367x265, 558K)

Hitler put an end to the madness of Weimar. If you take any issue with modern politics and globohomo clown world know that ALL OF THIS is a repeat of Weimar. Hitler was at war with international jewery, and the anglosphere was used as its golems. Had he won, none of this shit would be tolerated in the west as it is now. The US didnt win WW2, the USSR and its ideology did.

The 3rd reich was *awake* and we are not. Now we are paying the price for the destructive wake of two world wars of whites slaughtering whites