What could the US Military have done in the Vietnam War to avoid the My Lai massacre and similar incidents

What could the US Military have done in the Vietnam War to avoid the My Lai massacre and similar incidents

Attached: 028655-vietnam-031618.jpg (860x390, 105K)

By murdering the whole population and making Vietnam into the 51st state of the Union.
Either that or herd the natives into reservations/prison camps like what the Britbongs did in the Malayan emergency

Stop using draftees.

There's a reason why the Marines and all the other volunteer-only elements hardly ever did shit like that.

Attached: 1479767524216s.jpg (208x206, 4K)

Not be there in the first place since communism was doomed to fail to begin with.
Also this

why the fuck has there been a my lai thread every day?

Attached: vietreally.jpg (1255x933, 301K)

this.
conscripts are always going to act retarded, bar none.

theres been a thread up on /his/ and a bunch of euros are booty blasted in it.

marines still massacred civilians, though. it almost surely has nothing to do with draftee status and everything to do with proportionality. There were probably wayyyy more soldiers in theater compared to the much smaller marine corps and as such it would only make sense that they hold the high score.

/his/ is literally “Yuro booty blast” the board.

>marines still massacred civilians
not fucking my lai tier. the Army has always beat the Marines in their capability to massacre civilians

Not listen to Rockefeller and Kissinger

Attached: 1303787366779.jpg (500x472, 57K)

Look at the /sp/ thread on MLB players trying cricket that's up right now if you want some real Europoor butthurt.

Probably one of the funniest things I've seen here in years.

Why do they post in ALL CAPS so OFTEN? Is it a MEME?

Not conscript literal retards. Not fight an unwinnable, pointless and immoral war. Make more of an effort to understand the conflict. Understand the enemy's motivations and goals, instead of believing the US's own propaganda and spin about the enemy.

Attached: mezzanine_721.jpg (1920x1080, 320K)

My Lai was the exception, not the rule. During peak 'Nam, the Army had at least 7 divisions in country while the Marines concentrated almost all of the 1st and 3rd Marine Divisions up north in the highlands.

I think it's an extension of the "Ben Shapiro DESTROYS libtard feminizi with FACTS and LOGIC" meme

Attached: 1436259940753.gif (230x175, 1.94M)

Attached: strongly advocating nuclear holocaust.jpg (600x739, 193K)

>My Lai was the exception, not the rule.
You can go too far in that direction. It wasn't some crazy one-off anomaly either. Mỹ Lai is known because it was well documented by reporters, had hundreds of victims who were largely women, children and elderly, and also had an Army whistle-blower go public.That combination didn't happen a lot. But, abuses, massacres, murders and war crimes did. They just didn't do it in front of a reporter's camera very often. Or literally murder babies. Or snitch on each other afterwards.

Attached: historyinorbit-com.jpg (720x482, 103K)

Could you imagine Randy "Goose Slayer" Johnson in his prime being unleashed on those poor Europoors? South Korea would be giggling like mad.

Patton like enforcement of discipline and standards and not letting lower class rubbish become officers along with no conscription and professionalism

Tell the French to get fucked, and give congratulations to Ho Chi Minh on his new democracy.

I'd say we just didn't go far enough, but that's besides the point.

Attached: 6ec88be95cb997edb39f853149d828c5.png (500x382, 291K)

no one gives a fuck about cricked except bongs pakis and poos it got zero following in europe

Exactly. 58,000 Americans were killed in Vietnam, imagine how many more they could've lost if they'd tried even harder.

Attached: gathering-around-a-guitar.jpg (900x717, 89K)

I want to live in the timeline where Linebacker III, IV, and V absolutely JUST Laos, Cambodia, and North Vietnam into submission but this time without presidentially selected targets that were hit last week and the week before last

>rugby star tries his hand in the NFL
>euros and aussies non stop shitposting about how he'll dominte
>immediately gets BTFO and cut from the team
>mfw a euro tried to compete near me

Attached: 1523454316200.jpg (960x540, 126K)

>40835061
Didn't a helicopter crew physically intervene and turn their doorguns on the advancing soliders? I'm sure that's an exaggeration but I'd call that more than snitching.

This except nuke Paris too

Literally this

>arm Ho Chi Minh
>support earlier invasion of Cambodia and defense from China

Turn the massacre into a genocide

Not drafting convicts, for one.
Optionally, leave Vietnam to its fate and never enter the war, because the situation wasn't ever salvagable.

Non-stop high altitude B-25 Napalm/Incendiary strike in a massive creeping line across the North skirting "known" villages and cities. Raze everything of use.

Then sit back in the South and hold the line.

The massacre barely had anything to do with that. That's just American nature instinct, they can't help themselves.

Attached: 1530533299_AmericaCivilWar.jpg (1000x708, 139K)

>creeping line across the North
You'd have to start further south than that, the majority of South Vietnamese preferred Ho Chi Minh.

If you must be involved at all (I wouldn't)
Mine harbors, bomb airfields, quiet invasion of Cambo and Laos on day one. Linebacker ops in the north every night with proper targets like other user suggested.
>hurr China
Went to war with the gooks after the war. Went to war with us in Korea and nobody got nuked.

>pic
Gosh I wish that were me

>Went to war with us in Korea and nobody got nuked.
unfortunately

Attached: douglas-macarthur.jpg (750x639, 120K)

Smaller, more professional deployment, educating troops about what their role is and what their goals are, attaching more locals to help deal with locals, stuff like that.

On greater level, not supporting absolute retards who were in power in South Vietnam. Americans weren't the ''bad guys'', but they supported worse people than communists were. And that made that war awfully hard to fight, since unwillingly US troops acted as enforcers for a shitty regime.

You can't fight communism by supporting corrupt oligarchies, criminals and thieves, especially when you're a fucking foreigner. Communism appeared and prevailed in various third-world countries precisely because such regimes were in power.

Also, you have to understand that every crime, brutal approach or mistake will be heavily exploited by communist propaganda.
You won't scare these people or break them. Especially in Vietnam, since their cause was more ''just'', at least from the perspective of that period.

South Korea became a success story in the end, but for decades it was a terribly oppressive and corrupt shithole. When a regime support by Americans makes your life hard, it's quite natural to turn to the other side.

>herd the natives into reservations/prison camps
>what is the strategic hamlet program

Nothing except for not being in Vietnam. When you get shot at and walk on boobytraps from the VC all day and then ask the civilian population where the VC is you will start to get angrier and angrier. I don't blame those soldiers for wasting an entire village, I probably would've done the same. For a more modern conflict, such as in Afghanistan, wasting an entire village of Afghani's would seem pretty nice after getting shot at and blown up all day. You go and ask the population where the Taliban is and they all play dumb with you.

I'm surprised we didn't have any My Lai 2.0 massacres in Iraq/Afghanistan

This. Free fire zones would generate kill ratios of shit like 40:1, which pretty much all experts agree is ridiculous, and included large numbers of civillians (possibly more than half) who were recorded as VC. Then you’ve got the Phoenix program, which was mainly done by the ARVN and CIA, which killed as many as 20,000 people without trial or proof of communist connections/sympathies.

Unironically affirmative action. Soldiers are always more likely to de-humanize people who don't look like them. As bizarre as it sounds, a few Chinese or Filipino Americans in any given unit would have mellowed out the unchecked aggression toward the general population. Historically physiology has long been used to help perpetuate a "genocide," even when the two warring factions look mostly alike. Look at Rwanda, where the Dutch obsession with quantifying the difference between the Hutu and Tutsi physiques made it possible to demarcate targets for elimination without the need to look at a family tree.

Also I recommend that anyone in this thread that hasn't already read "Kill Anything that Moves" by Nick Turse. It's a no-nonsense look at how it all went to hell over there.

Mỹ Lai will probably stay the high score. Just logistically, shooting hundreds of people to death before they all run away and hide is hard to do. But that shit has for sure happened in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The Haditha massacre in Iraq, after an IED killed a couple of their guy's, some US Marines started stopping cars and going from house to house and murdered two dozen people.

The Mahmudiyah massacre, some US Army soldiers gang-raped a 14-year-old Iraqi girl and then murdered her and her entire family so there weren't any witnesses.

In Afghanistan, Staff Sergeant Robert Bales snuck away from an outpost, walked to the nearest village and killed a bunch of people.

The 'kill team' who trophy hunted Afghan civilians.

Attached: 38vudh8c04521.jpg (900x1366, 159K)

The US was lucky there weren't more incidents in Iraq like that of the "Negro's Cave" in Okinawa.
>3 nogs continually keep raping the women in this village.
>Eventually it becomes so routine that they didn't bother always having one man with a weapon raised.
>Mayor of the village says enough is enough, and has what few able bodied men are still around burst into the happy-forcey-fun-time hut and beat the US soldiers to death with wooden clubs.
>The bodies are left in one of the many caves, and their names are placed on the MIA list.
>Circa 1955 men from the Pentagon tasked with identifying remains get wind of a so-called "Negro's Cave" existing not far where several black troops went missing long after combat had ended in that area.
>"Welp, that explains that."
>The mayor was still alive, but nobody important had an interest in trying to charge him with something.

There were a lot of blue-on-blue incidents in Afghanistan, and I wouldn't be shocked to learn many could be attributed to retribution for sex or property crimes.

This post sums up our failure in Afghanistan too well

>As bizarre as it sounds, a few Chinese or Filipino Americans in any given unit would have mellowed out the unchecked aggression toward the general population.
Have you read a history book?

>TFW South Koreans committed just as bad and even worse war crimes than the U.S did

>Reasons because the South Korean higher ups were all trained by the Imperial Japanese military some 30-40 years earlier

Just imagine if imperial japan had gone full genocide training for the South Koreans? Christ can only imagine the brutality.

Rugby is completely different to NFL, whereas cricket and baseball are very similar (bongs will never admit it though).

Nuked the whole country.

I’m really glad you pointed this out to me.

Didn't it nearly wipe out VC?

Yeah I guess this is why ROKs (truegooks) were renowned for collecting the heads of junglegooks

History is all europoors have

nuked Hanoi and slaughtered the commies by the millions

>avoid

Attached: 1500403475638.jpg (803x737, 56K)

Jesus Christ I hope this board never gets flags we already have enough Euro-American shit flinging to last to the heat death of the universe, we don't need more.

Attached: 1549924604498.png (555x477, 173K)

This