/dcs/ - Digital Combat simulator general

New thing, who else here is an armchair pilot?

Attached: header.png (1920x1080, 2.52M)

I tried to get into it a few years ago but just couldn't be assed to come up with a good mounting system that would let me avoid the whole "drag all your shit out and get it on the desk or leave it there forever and have zero room for anything" thing. A full CH setup with trackIR, wasted.

oof, sounds like shit m8, maybe setup a second desk next to your chair? im not sure how your setup is done but for myself i have a single stick with throttles attached on a desk just below armrest height on my dominant side, its pretty easy to just swat the stick away if its too crowded on the desk.

Lots of nice aircraft with more coming in the near future. A-10C, F-18C, F-14B, F-16C, F-15E, etc...

Attached: mhiy1ohvcbl21.jpg (1920x1080, 198K)

2 days, i cant wait.

My room is pretty small and I have a king size bed because tfw tall so my options are limited; when I was still actively trying to get into sims I just had my CH stick and throttle up on my desk with my keyboard smashed up against the base of my monitor to have enough room, and the pedals obviously down at my feet. It was just a clusterfuck of bullshit and after awhile I just got tired of how much effort it took to even get set up to play. I need to just spend a day coming up with some kind of home depot tier mounting system that will let me leave my peripherals hooked up and ready to go so I don't compromise on my shitposting ability and can hop in and out of simming with ease.

Legit mounts do exist, what stick and throttle do you have? CH obviously but what exact model.

Fighterstick, pro throttle, pro pedals, trackIR 4

only ones i can find are fuckall expensive, unless you feel like spending 200 dollars on mounts it really would be better to just get a second table (or two), or niggerrig something attached to your desk or chair.

That was the problem I ran into. I either buy some nice sleek machined metal mounts that cost an arm and a leg each, or I go to home depot and find some way to nigger rig my desk chair into a fighter cockpit. DCS Goose edition releasing soon has me constantly looking over into my little cardboard box filled with sim gear and even though I bought all this shit years ago my inner jew still weeps ;_;

Cyclops tooth-gun plain leaves a terrible stain

>F-15E
lmao

Oh great now there's 2 dead sim threads on Jow Forums

As long as none of the simg furry redditor fags show up this thread could be pretty good.

Who gives a shit they never play the games anyway

You DO have a DCS Ace Combat squadron to do ops with when the Tomcat launches, right user?

Attached: Screen_181202_192619.png (1920x1080, 1.69M)

DCSfag checking in. Setup is an obutto ozone with trip monitor mounts. Have a buttkicker simulator and trackIR round it out.
Still flying with a saitek x52 + saitek rudder pedals after all these years. Wanting to upgrade to that TM Warthog setup eventually.
I've been playing the F/A-18 module since beta really just stuck on that. Still jump in the A-10C once in a while too

Sell me your CH stick, user.

Can ae stop making so many fucking general threads? Holy shit.

Attached: 1551980792482.gif (200x270, 1.09M)

Im in the top 50 on the most popular il2 server but im sick of dcs

RAZBAM is actually going to release it right? It's going to actually work, right? RIGHT?!

Why is the DCS community so fucking gay

Let me show you this sik new game!!! F-14 driver

Because there is a lot of overlap with Jow Forums and we all know that Jow Forums is the gayest board by a long shot. So, by proxy, the DCS community is either very gay or boomer infested.

It's free through google play , super fun on a cellphone

Attached: image.jpg (960x720, 160K)

Attached: image.jpg (960x720, 147K)

Hornet UFC online, wireless for PDA works great!!!! Added backup

Attached: image.jpg (960x720, 156K)

I keep a shitty 20 dollar joystick between my legs and use my mouse and keyboard for everything I dont have bonded to it. My computer is shit so I can only run it in 1.5.8 and no one plays online in that version.

Looking forward to the JF-17

Attached: 192805ta7rk7oll7pahgw9.jpg (1080x1646, 144K)

i regret starting this thread now, because here comes fucking reddit. Fuck off were full