I've put off buying any guns because of their cost...

I've put off buying any guns because of their cost, but I don't think I have the luxury of waiting any longer because I'm starting to doubt Trump will capture a second term, and under the next democratic admin, I think gun rights will be curbed. What rifles/pistols should I buy while I still can?

pic unrelated

Attached: El Tigre Bonilla.jpg (1638x1080, 163K)

What's your budget?

1500 max

Trump isn't even going to be the nominee. I'm looking forward to President Pence.

Even so, you should buy a semi auto in .223 or .308 because it's your civic duty to have one. Budget for enough ammo to git gud.

Halfway decent AR-15, holosun red dot, glawk brand glawk, some ammo to practice.

From there you could move on to something less conventional if it strikes your fancy.

Palmetto State Armory sells cheap yet effective ARs, and if you're looking something that won't kill your wallet but will still be reliable, that's where I'd look first.

Attached: 1552092539798.jpg (630x675, 219K)

>Palmetto State Armory
Is that a website to buy parts to build a rifle? Not sure I'd be familiar enough with the rifle to assemble one on my own.

No, you can buy a complete rifle from them for about $400, including shipping and transfer. Buy a full sized pistol as well, glocks are boring as sin but they're popular for a reason. Stock up on mags, then ammo. Since it seems like your focus on guns that might be banned, I wouldn't worry about shotguns or bolt actions yet

Thanks user. I see the option now. Do you know of any vids that would illustrate legit pros/cons of ar15, 10, 45, and 9?

You'll need to be familiar with your rifle eventually so go watch some youtube videos. Assembling an AR is barely more complicated than a Lego set anyway.

Not OP, but a different user looking into non-gucci ARs. How big is the gulf in quality between a PSA AR and say, a Ruger 556?

No, but a quick rundown is easy enough. AR10s are usually chambered in .308, and tend to be more expensive to buy and shoot. I would prioritize an AR15 in 5.56 just because ammo is cheap in bulk. As for the 45 v 9mm debate, good .45s tend to be far pricierthan 9mms of similar quality. They're cheaper, generally easier for new shooters, and ammo is cheaper as well. They're both find cartridges, but 9mm will get you more capacity. The AR15 and 9mm full sized handgun have become the set of choice for good reason.

>Halfway decent AR-15, holosun red dot, glawk brand glawk, some ammo to practice.

You are guncancer, would you ever fuck off and get a real rifle or kys. OP if you actually care I'd go or a semi in 50BMG, hicap mags etc. Gun bans and laws are not rational though, they are based on whatever the media picks up on from an SSRI spree killing. See bump stocks, useless pieces of crap but banned......

ARs will never be banned. There are simply too many of them out there to apply a ban to

>under the next democratic admin

At least we'll get federally legal weed tho. Lmao

>The AR15 and 9mm full sized handgun have become the set of choice for good reason.

No. Just utter faggots like you with your intermediate cartridge shitty vidya rifles and lack of taste. I'll bet you don't own a single precision rifle or large cal revolver. The reason shitty ARs and glawks are popular is they are high margin cheap to make POS that manufactures maxk maximum profit on so are marketed most heavily. Retards who are susceptible to mass marketing like the brain dead zombie lurch towards them because they do what advertising tells them (to buy low quality high profit for the seller rubbish). Buying guns made of aluminium and plastic is ultimately helping only the seller make buck.

I like this pic

Attached: fuck yeah.jpg (1280x674, 324K)

Jesus dude, who came in your coffee this morning?

I've bought 2 AR builds from PSA
Both were just putting the lower together and slapping on the upper. Very easy to do.

switch voter registration if you're in a closed primary state, then vote for a gun frenly dem, and write them letters

>a gun frenly dem
at this point I doubt anyone who campaigns as a gunfriendly dem would stay gun friendly after election. they'd more likely "evolve" and fall in linewith the rest, but I think switching parties to affect the primaries is a good idea

I've always been of the mindset that quality is better than quantity. If you can afford it, build a quality AR-15 made by parts from Aero Precision or BCM. You will seldom hear anything negative regarding those two manufacturers. If you're on a tight budget, Anderson or Palmetto parts will be decent enough. If you're looking to build up a small collection to be as utilitarian as possible, then get the following:

>AR-15 build just because it's so damn popular.
>AR-10, or some battle rifle or bolt action rifle chambered in 7.62x51 real fuckin NATO.
>Any basic bitch 9mm such as a Glock 17/19 or S&W M&P9 M2.0.
>Any 12 gauge pump action shotgun such as a Mossberg.
>A pistol or rifle, such as the Ruger 10/22, chambered in 22lr.

Just getting these will cover pretty much cover all of your bases. If you can only afford say two of these, then build an AR-15 and get a 9mm pistol. That will do most of what you would ever have to do unless you live in rural bear country. If Smokey the Bear is more likely to knock on your door than a human then get a 44 Magnum handgun such as the Ruger Red Hawk.

Most gun friendly Dems turn to gun grabber dems.
best example is Kirsten Gillibrand.

>Pro-Gun Democrats

They may have existed 10-15 years ago, but not anymore. Don't get into that mindset that they exist, because they don't.

Wih how fractured the Dems have been over the past 2 years and how many non-solutions they proposed other rhan “FUCk DRUMPF” (not to mention the blatant shift of the party into unironic socialim over the same period), Trump is more likely to win against any of the Democratic candidates than not. The only one that actually could possibly realistically beat Trump is Tulsi Gabbard and he Fems hate her for not being a complacent brainwashed Israeli pawn and meeting with Assad and realizing he wasn’t any different than your average strongarm dictator that wanted peace in his country and wanted to get the elements that were/are causing unreat to be destroyed by any means possible. Unfortunately she’s a gun granber though. Plus the economy is good and unemployment is way down, so that works in Trump’s favor since that’s the most important issue in most people care about. And the Russia investigation is wrapping up and confirming that Trump had no illicit interactions with the Russian gov’t in the 2016 elections (atleast according to the Senate Intelligence Committee, who have access to the same evidence that Muller does).

That being said get an Arsenal SLR 106 if you can. Those things are K I N O.

All that

i expect the opposite - dems with gun-frenly stances in the past will now mention "common-sense" measures, with no elaboration. they will try to squeak by the corrupt dem primaries, then offer no substantial fight against gun-frenly republicans who vote against any congressional bill

that being said, hardcore 2A people need to give up something. nikki cruise should not of had his guns, the sutherland spring guy should not of had a gun, and the recent ilinois factory shooter should not of had a gun. if it takes a federal database to allow this to work, bring it. i trust the presence of republicans in congress to sustain debate until enough letters can be sent, to dissuade dyed-in-the-wool loonies

>Federal database.

Gun registrations always leads to confiscation. Fuck you, boot-licking nigger.

thank you for becoming a relic (not really)

defend for me either:
-the right of sutherland spring, illinois factory, or james holmes to have kept their weapons and..

-your certainty that the republicans who have fought against gun legislation to exert influence on future gun control legislation

pro tip: good luck

sorry i left out the waffle house shooter. tie gun issues into the existing secure hipaa information clearinghouse. come out in front of this, or get left behind. if you're in a red state, you won't notice any changes. that's not the case with anons in shit machine blue states

PSA thats not their freedum line is as good or better than ruger and m&p in my personal experience
>t. only own a bcm and rainer, dont own a psa but have helped friends build them

ar15s have historically been the rifle called by name to ban but that doesnt mean others arent on the chopping block as well
If you dont have one then get one

Where did I say that I had faith in Republicans? How does forcing everyone to register their guns prevent future mass shootings? You're either retarded, or openly anti-2nd amendment. Gun registration will guarantee confiscation. Please kill yourself, you stupid fucking nigger cunt.

this is wrong and misguided

Depends on the PSA tier you go with. It ranges from cheapest possible to decent. The standard response is that their Freedom line is good to go. What matters is barrel and bolt material and finish. You'll have to do your own research on that to determine what you want for your money. Barrel contour and gas block / handguard design would probably be next important. Trigger after that, and ergonomics after that. Again, all of this depends on your budget. A good optic is super important too, standard advice is to spend as much on the optic as the rifle.

this is decent advice

Fudd

Attached: Noose Option.jpg (225x225, 8K)

>PSA thats not their freedum line is as good or better than ruger and m&p in my personal experience
>The standard response is that their Freedom line is good to go.
So Freedom line is good but their other ones are better, or do you guys disagree on the quality of the Freedom line?

>What matters is barrel and bolt material and finish.
I'm new to ARs so I really have no idea what kinds of steel are desirable. Guess I have some searches to run, but that statement on priorities really helps.

They're not looking to ban bolt action rifles or revolvers right off the bat retard. Did you not read for comprehension in the op?

Im the first guy you mentioned. I have zero personal experience with the freedom line but I remembered a lot anons complaining about them in past and something about parts not being in spec. The difference between the two isnt much money. The PSAs Ive dealt with shot like champs at least in reliability terms
The other guy might be right though.

Thanks for the clarification. I recall a lot of people taking jabs at PSA on Jow Forums but I've never bothered to ask which product lines. And that's usually in AR threads which get shitted up by tripfags who get all huffy if you don't want to drop $3000 on your rifle. I'm not looking to buy right away, but PSA is running ~$200 off on a lot of their rifles atm but I don't know how often they do this. Ruger uses 9310 alloy steel as opposed to PSA's Carpenter 158 but being new I have no clue what that means yet.

Attached: psasale.png (1214x943, 179K)

I remember the carpenter steel being the more desirable bcg back when we had normal build your own AR15 threads.
Im with you in not knowing exactly the difference though

>I think gun rights will be curbed.
It won't. Dumbass.

you have two main options user
1. buy what makes sense for you and your battery.
2. buy what you think will be banned.

While 2 is appealing that can also bite you in the ass. If you payed 5x original price for a bump stock which is (or will shortly) be illegal to have. Congrats. You wasted that money. You can say "But I'll have it if I need it" but that's a lot of money for something that you can't use unless things go sideways and is a liability if found by law enforcement. Most likely that will be "surrendered" or destroyed by your heirs after you pass. If the banned items are grandfathered it's not as lost. CO anons who stocked up on standard capacity mags aren't sunk the same way. But it's still probably not as useful to you as a gun you can practice with regularly.

So.

What do you do with your 1500 budget? First make sure you actually decide how much you are spending. If it doesn't all go into the gun, you have other things you need. Ammo, eye and ear pro, magazines, a cleaning kit, some training would be very damn useful, some range time is fucking necessary etc. So budget the amount you are going to spend.

Big question what kind of shooting do you think you'll be doing (for fun and worst case scenario). General advice: For handguns and shotguns pick a general price point (no more than 500 for instance) and then handle as many of those guns at or below that price. Get the one that feels good. If it fits you you'll be more accurate with it. Figure out what job you think you need done, and choose the tool that fits it.

Middle top. Good furniture and comes with a rear mbus. As for their sale, those are the same prices they've had for months. As we get closer to the election, I'd expect them to rise pretty dramatically.

Also, watch a youtube video on putting together a lower, then consider buying a complete upper and lower parts kit from PSA. You can get the same rifle for at least 100 dollars cheaper.

You guys in new york should be ashamed of voting her into the house in the first place. I can't believe anyone falls for 'gun friendly democrat'

What's with the flood of "Trump's going to lose, so we better panic buy now" demoralization threads we've been having lately?

Thanks, that's the one I had read the details on before posting. I may jump on that one, it's half the price of a Ruger 556 and I can't tell the difference between the materials anyhow. My first AR is likely to be a beater that I can learn on. This thread has been a lot more helpful than /arg/, here's my post and the first reply.
Can't say I'm surprised. I've lurked a few /arg/ and it's a bunch of unhelpful pricks most of the time.

Because of Andrew Yang and Jow Forums shilling him

Are they trying to meme magic neetbux?

I reckon it's more because of his anti-Israel stance

Andrew Yang on guns:
>Promote a stringent, tiered licensing system for gun ownership (think a CDL vs. a regular driver’s license):
>Tier 1 – Basic hunting rifles and handguns
>Pass a background check
>Pass a basic hunting/firearm safety class
>Provide a receipt for an appropriately-sized gun locker, or trigger lock per registered gun.
>Tier 2 – Semi-automatic rifles
>Have a Tier 1 license for at least 1 year
>Be at least 21 years of age
>Pass an advanced firearm safety class.
>Tier 3 – Advanced and automatic weaponry
>Maintain current restrictions and definitions (National Firearms Act of 1934)
>Ban high-capacity magazines
>Require submission of fingerprints and DNA to the FBI
>Submit to a gun locker inspection to ensure it can house the weapons
>Undergo yearly refresher trainings on the use of these firearms.
It gets even worse too

>Prohibit the manufacture and sale of bump stocks, suppressors, incendiary/exploding ammunition, and (yes, this is currently legal) grenade launcher attachments.
>Create federal safety guidelines for gun manufacture and distribution, similar to federal car safety requirements, with strict penalties for the violation of these guidelines.
>Encourage gun manufacturers to implement designs that prevent interchanging parts that alter the functionality of the firearm.
>Implement a federal buyback program for anyone who wants to voluntarily give up their firearm.
>Invest in innovative technology that would make firearms harder to fire for non-owners of the gun, and create a federal, bipartisan panel to determine when technological innovations are advanced and reliable enough to be included in manufacturing safety requirements.

It's not organic Jow Forums best I can tell but rather targeted shilling/raids. Yang went on Joe Rogan and there was nothing about it for weeks. Suddenly though there were two Yang threads perpetually on the front page always bumped with copy+pasted stuff. People over there claim there's a discord dedicated to shitting up Jow Forums with coordinated Yang threads and I'm inclined to believe it.

>Ching chang chun, gimmie your guns

Attached: Andrew_Yang.png (798x802, 888K)

>implying it isn’t the yidd defense force

>buy a 50BMG
You're a retard.

Your best bet is like first user said: buy an inexpensive AR (Palmetto State is decent). I'd skip the Glock given your budget. Just get an AR, some kind of iron sights, magazines, and a fuckton of ammo. 1000 rounds is a good start. Learn to zero your rifle and shoot using Army marksmanship techniques, the PDFs are available free and it is the best training for the platform. Skip the Glock. The AR is compact enough, powerful, and the ammo is fucking everywhere.

If you just don't want an AR, I'd say go the cowboy gun route. Lever action rifle in 45-70 or 44mag or 45LC. Straightwall cartridges that are easy to reload and can shoot cast lead and black powder if it ever comes to that.

Attached: AR.jpg (2000x1125, 265K)

Ching chang chun get assasinated.

SHALL

>ARs will never be banned. There are simply too many of them out there to apply a ban to
This is a bad assumption. One could have said the same thing about Thompson guns, or M1919s. Now they really are banned permanently, an infringement on the 2nd Amendment which is meant to give the people a firepower parity with an oppressive government's forces.

The ban isn't likely to come all at once. It's going to be done like it's always been done. A piece at a time. They'll be coming after ammunition and reloading components next.

You won't do shit, wh*te boy. You'll turn in your toys in exchange for neetbux and be thankful for what your superior Chinese overlords grant you.

Fuck gooks, nips, and chinks!

Attached: 1548750959695.jpg (480x691, 74K)

Attached: Shut up boomer.png (1199x630, 1.19M)

>if it takes a federal database to allow this to work, bring it
Soooooo like NICS?

Have fun navigating Yang's autistically tiered licensing system and maybe you'll be allowed a "basic hunting rifle"

If you want something with some weight, and a good bullet, get a 7.62x39 WASR, or NPAP

Attached: C0D4CC17-5BDC-48C7-949D-1592922F6351.jpg (225x225, 11K)

youre an idiot

>that being said, hardcore 2A people need to give up something. nikki cruise should not of had his guns, the sutherland spring guy should not of had a gun, and the recent ilinois factory shooter should not of had a gun.
Thats the government's fault not mine

This.

>should not of
So you're saying these mentally ill people weren't complying with the government's illegal infringement on their rights and this is why we need to take away more of that right?

Who let the fucking gopnik out of the gulags

Attached: 19366F91-D0EB-42CC-9F85-784675C4BA51.jpg (204x247, 10K)

That’s true. I’ve seen it on /cow/ the oher day. I’ll see if I can get photo evidence efore the say is out

There's a Yang thread on Jow Forums now, it popped up in the last hour or so. I urge everyone to report Yang threads as spam as they pop up. They've been spreading across this whole site and are nothing but the same canned responses and shitposting.

idk if its cianiggers or a dedicated autist false flag to make us hate democrats even more through pure annoyance. either way that yang shit is dead because of it. if its cianiggers, lol youre retarded for oversaturation this early. if its autists, good work.

Owning them is worthless unless you plan to learn to use them which means lots of ammo and practice. You're way behind the curve.

Honestly, this president has been vetted more than any other we've seen in recent history or even Barack "my college transcripts are sealed" "(to the Russian president) after my election I'll have more flexibility" Obama.

Found the bot.