Auto Shotgun Thread

Please share your experiences with auto loader shotguns and what models you would recommend.
I’m looking to buy a longgun and would like something I could shoot clays with back in the game land (popular activity around here to shotgun on game land). I was considering the 930 but want to know what else is out there new or used.

Attached: A6C65710-2E37-4FCB-81DA-433346A32001.jpg (733x550, 14K)

Beretta 1301
Benelli M4

Don't bother with the 930, it's trash. Just buy the m4, you won't regret it

Both of your suggestions seem like ‘tactical’ options with short barrels and high price points. I’m looking for more of a Fudd gun for a Fudd price.

Like many, I grew up with the older, nice model 1100s remingtons and handled a few brownings. All had been solid shotguns that fed well but theyre all on the nicer end (not turkshit) owned by people with mostly fudd collections.
For modern shotguns, the A300 and A400 Berettas seem to be pretty nice, light, point-able, and affordable. I like that each can handle at least 2.75" to 3" 12g and that the a400 goes up to 3.5"; that's new to me, with everything else always having been limited to 2.75".

The fudd rifle collectors Ive known have mostly expensive to mid-tier things. FN mausers, Tikkas, Sakos, old remingtons, brownings and such.
Are you looking for the savage of autoloading shotguns?

There is only one answer. Gas shotties are gay overly complex and temperamental. Save your pennies and buy a used SBE of any generation. They don’t wear out and if you do have any small parts issues Benelli has parts and so does brownels.

Attached: DEA90EA4-29DF-4F5A-85F2-B9A3E508FDC9.jpg (1536x2048, 877K)

I might have to save for an a300, thanks for the recommendation

By Fudd I guess I meant my local hicks who are toting 12gauges around the woods and blasting shit. I can’t imagine they spend too much on a gun, but I could be wholly mistaken.
Thanks for the rec; what is an SBE?

Okay, I only needed to search ‘Benelli SBE’

I have a Stoeger M3000. It works great

Would an old Remington 11-something be good? They’re on gunbroker for

Anyone have experience with Remington 11-48s? How reliable are they are what is their quality like?

There is a difference between recoil-operated and inertia driven

Winchester 1400 not a bad choice. They have a nice choke system as well

Attached: wm_7486683.jpg (4350x1450, 207K)

They’re not they’re gas operated and depending on if it’s been maintained and how much it’s been shot it might not be all that reliable. They also need cleaned frequently. If the outside of the mag tube is corroded they’re fucked. They wear out oring gas seals and outweighs an SBE by two pounds. Older models won’t have interchangeable chokes etc and it says remingshit on it. If you want a do everything gun that will take abuse and won’t give you fits just buy an SBE you can shoot down trap loads and up to 3 1/2 mags and clean it once a year, use it to shoot pheasants or get a magtube extension and go tactifag. It will come with stock drop shims and a set of chokes so you can set it up how you want. I own a 12 and 20 ga 1100 and a 12g 1187 and they don’t compare I use the SBE for everything and have for almost 20 years with no issues or breakdowns

Attached: 65A5356C-51C4-421A-A111-2CC111DBC1CF.jpg (640x1136, 388K)

They’re 50 year old tech.

Thanks for all that I’ll probably avoid used stuff and just save for the ‘buy once cry once’ Benelli.

Benelli SBE’s are all really good. id record a SBE II, it just fits my hands the best. make sure the length of the barrel isn’t too much though or it can be a hassle. also occasionally if the load is too weak it won’t cycle. i just upped it to 4 DRAM and it worked fine

Attached: 22EA8C12-2185-46CC-915E-109C10C98988.jpg (4032x3024, 3.21M)

Buy a used one if you can find one and you’ll save a few hundred. Don’t worry about cosmetics because if you’re gonna use it you’ll wear it down yourself. The first gen imports with HK branding and the first year benellis will hold 4 shells with a plug because you can sneak a shell under the bolt into the the lower. After that they added an improved raised vent rib so there is a trade off the extra shell is not all that useful and the higher rib shoots nicer. You can pry find one for around 700 if you keep your eyes open.

recommend not record, shit phone

The thing with light loads is 3 dram 1 oz minimum. Make sure it’s oiled and it will run them fine. Avoid ultra light 7/8 oz 2 3/4 dram loads if you have to shoot pairs. It won’t matter with trap unless you’re shooting doubles. With your bolt group you should be using grease not oil. Use the oil for rust prevention and deicing and something like shooters choice everywhere that there’s metal to metal

I wish I wasn't >that guy but if you're doing Fudd shit and trying to save some coin why not just get a pump? Literally millions of clay shooters, myself included, use them. Hell, if you have zero interest in home defense you could even get an over-under or become a true Fudd and cop a side-by-side.

Attached: dsc03820.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg (900x675, 530K)

It’s funny you say this because I’m almost circling around to this. A decent pump is so much more affordable if all I’m going to be doing is the occasional semi-legal backwoods hike-and-blast. I’d like to have something I could do clays with comfortably, but the options seem pricey for not having experience shotgunning.

SBEfag here I didn’t realize you weren’t that serious about it. If you just want a shottie for occasional use get a mossberg 500 or used 870 wingmaster. I’d avoid the 870 expresses. Wing masters are nice

I appreciate your advice and don’t want to seem fickle. I’d like to eventually be able to do sleet or trap or whatever, but I currently have zero longgun experience. I thought the difference in price between a pump and an auto wasn’t as big as it is and thought an auto might be worth the extra $1-200. It’s more like an extra $400 minimum above a pump, so maybe my stupid ass is better off with a pump right now. Thanks, everyone!

What's the opinion on AK style shotguns? Seems like every kind has it's pros and cons. Currently thinking about getting a Spets 12 when they're back in stock, but I'm worried about the reliability of the short dwell time gas system. Also, is it better to use the rock and lock saiga mags or get a vepr mag conversion?

For hunting or shooting anything in the air they’re garbage. Doesn’t seem like anyone is running them in 3gun faggotry either unless they’re paid to so you to the math. IMO a shitty overpriced meme.

Are mag-fed semiautos just a no-go in general?

What you gain in mag changes you lose in use ability and ergonomics. You don’t need massive mag capacities with a shotgun because good hits are so devastating and recoil is so heavy. Ammo management is key to always be topping it off. They real key to good scattergunning is speed and accuracy. You want excellent user interface so that you hit what you’re shooting at the first time quickly. If you need ghost rings sights or slugs on your shotgun you should just be using a rifle.

dont plastic shells get warped in magazines over time anyways?

My experience in EFT tells me this is true. Mp153>saiga for constantly being able to top off

Tubefed takes about a year to deform plastic shells. They bulge out cause its being squished top to bottom. They still stay round and can be chambered with a bit more force
Magfed will deform the topshell into an oval in under a month. That shell wont be round and cant be chambered.

Honestly I love my Vepr. I’ve gotten about 20 sparrows that live under the eaves of my dads house, and I use it as my primary for shooting clays with my friends. The adjustable poly choke is really nice on it

Attached: 240F2DB3-99BD-4F9B-AECD-15EC3B03033E.jpg (2853x3389, 3.34M)

I guess I knew that already, I just saw the Spets and really wanted it to be more than it is. I still really like the idea of a semi-auto PGO shottie. What's the concensus on the tac 13? I'm assuming that's probably shit, what's the recommended practical/tactical?

Thoughts on the black aces tactical semi auto shockwave?

Beretta or better. Going downmarket on an autoloader ends in disappointment.

just get a super 90, or get an SBE and tactifag it out so you can switch back and forth. I bought a magtube extension for mine after sandy crook. Best of both worlds.

Yeah they're cool in a way I'm not saying that, but go try to shoot something that actually matters and you'll be pissed if you let it get away not just something for lulz. Adjustable chokes have always underperfermed since they were invented. If you go try to race plates with a conventional shottie vs a magfed you will go smoked in any reasonable round count course of fire. You're sacrificing the ability to quickly acquire, hit, and reaquire targets for a mag change and aesthetics.

I'd feel really dumb if I had a living target at 50 yards and all I brought was a shotgun because it looked cool. Shotguns are for close in

Attached: HPIM1130.jpg (2560x1920, 1.52M)