Self defense

Machete or Knife, whats better for self defense ?

Attached: 1249_Overview.jpg (833x2000, 147K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.A0.H0.TRS1&_nkw=Schrade SCHPR1CP &_sacat=0
liveleak.com/view?t=E52T_1552062151
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: 88mag.jpg (750x600, 55K)

Parang Machete
got one in the mail
its fucking badass
Id take it over both knife and traditional machete

ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.A0.H0.TRS1&_nkw=Schrade SCHPR1CP &_sacat=0

Attached: s-l500 (1).jpg (500x479, 16K)

Neither are good. You can’t carry a machete with you and a knife looks horrible from a legal standpoint. If you want something other than a pistol for self defense, invest in a police grade stun gun. Not a cheap one though.

Due to retarded laws of my country i cant have a gun, but knives and machetes are legal

hit someone with the blunt side of that Parang and you can break someones arm real easy!

>a knife looks horrible from a legal standpoint
>invest in a police grade stun gun
Sound advice if you'd rather be dead than in court.

A gun

Im a time traveler and I took this video of the OP in the future with his new machete..

liveleak.com/view?t=E52T_1552062151

That dude committed suicide by cop.

flee the scene: if a nigger thinks he can shank you and get away with it, you can probably reciprocate and walk away.

This. Machetes are for work, you can use it for sel defense just like you can use a screw driver for the same purpose. Knifes are better, especially a dagger. But you need a really high amount of training to use it efficiently especially against another dude with a knife

America and European countries are surveillance states. Fleing the scene is not an option in most places

with the Parang Id chop you hand off with the knife in it. Then ask you if you want more!

Attached: a4d47d5_1533168406.jpg (600x600, 48K)

which explains why most muggings go completely unsolved. the shit-ass 320x200 camera on the corner doesn't capture shit, and the local PD is more interested in writing tickets for 10 over in a 35.

Okay, first, you don't slash. If you want to defend yourself with a knife, you pull it out, tell the other guy not to take the risk, and try to get away. If that's impossible you use your knife properly to save your life.
Second, the law doesn't give a flying fuck about things like the direction of a cut, in most cases.

no reason to flee when your the shot caller

Attached: UKbritscuckscowardsbritish.jpg (765x720, 87K)

Yeah, you're right. If things have gotten to the point where you need a knife out, the other person's probably getting stabbed . And yeah, it doesn't look good for you either way.

A mace

you got it all wrong.
if you need to rely on a knife its only in this scenario
During the hand to hand combat you start to lose the battle only then do you reach for your pocket knife and stab the shit out the the perp until he either runs away or stops doing what hes doing.

Attached: 1304521921426.jpg (735x512, 93K)

I mean they make a gladius machete. So if you can wander around with that and use it...gladius. or smatchet.
Realistically knife. Carrying a smatchet everywhere is a pain in the ass. At that point a sword is better. Think rapier.
Something like a military utility hunting knife will work. Think USMC kabar. Wouldn't be my first choice if the knife is a dedicated defense knife. Personally double edged. Dagger. Applegate Fairbairn. Gerber 2. Pig sticker. Any of the military style daggers will work.

Attached: ee8b4212c672349774c191b5e16d26b4.jpg (564x845, 87K)

There's no way this isn't posed. I've had RCMP agree to do this with me, although I was in uniform so and not a nigger so... maybe not?

Full auto nailgun

What about carrying it solely innnawoods ?

1. I don't see a machete here.
2.A gun is better.
3.Less than lethal gun like the ones they make in Russia is slightly worse choice, but still better for legal self defense than a knife or a big knife.
4. Tear gas or tear gel sprey.
>military utility hunting knife will work
What about MILITARY UTILITY HUNTING SURVIVAL BUSHCRAFT FIGHTING TACTICAL SKINNING KNIFE?

Let's say, I'm going to camp. What is better to have, a knife and an axe or just a huge knife?

Lol. I forgot the ///. The Kabar USMC/Navy MK2 was based off the western companies hunting knives. So that was more my point.

You don't need to split wood to have a fire. If you are going to have lots of fires and split wood then an axe saw and pocket knife would be fine.
If you are going to have a fire and don't split wood then just a good camp knife would do just fine. A Kephart style works well.

> based off the western companies hunting knives.
What do you think about this design?

Attached: DSCF6937.jpg (3420x1968, 979K)

Looks like a marbles style fuller. Pretty wide. Definitely going to interfere with the edge geometry after a couple years of sharpening. Overall shape I like. The handle and material/shape looks iffy to me. The tang does look like it can go fully through. You would have to hold it to see how it balances and moves. It doesn't look horrible. I wouldn't buy it. I wouldn't put it to hard use without checking it out first. What is it?

*tang does not look like it can go fully through *

Western Cutlery G-46-8

Attached: excellent-wwii-western-g46-8-private-sale-u-s-fighting-knife_163476637433.jpg (1600x1066, 236K)

It's a soviet "Canada style" combat knife of the WWII era, probably the rarest of the factory-made knives.
Handle is made of ebony wood and it's a reused handle from 1909 Dragoon Officer Saber.
As far as I know, soviet knives usually had stick tangs going all the way through and ending up with the rivet or tin soldering on top of the handle.

The stab is generally better than the chop, as it doesn't require a wind-up and as it typically targets the center line it's hard to block, parry or dodge. Especially if one is indoors. Stabby machetes are a thing of course, the Cold Steel Gladius and Smatchet have already been mentioned, there's also the Kingfisher machete but the majority are pretty strictly chopping weapons. Now if that's what you have then that's what you've got to work with. In that case I'd recommend practicing Hutton-style saber fencing.

Attached: 21432928_2128388747201676_3216538596952677326_n.jpg (960x720, 254K)

>40836315
You don't even deserve a (You).

Best to have a knife and an axe, so you can use the back of your axe as a hammer.

Attached: babby_batonny.webm (480x270, 2.7M)

Some people shouldn't breed.

That's an interesting piece. I do not recall seeing one before.

BATONNY CHOP. BATONNY CHOP CHOP.

Attached: Evil-clone-stan.png (310x349, 95K)

Newfag

Originals were made in low quantities and they're quite rare, even the simplier version with the basic wooden handle, not the saber one. And due to legal reasons different replicas are rare as well.

Baton