BMPT - How to kill it

How would a infantry force kill one of these without getting ass raped?
They seem purpose built to keep infantry off tanks, which they run in teams with.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMPT_Terminator

Attached: 800px-Army2016-197.jpg (800x533, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KR2mseKQkmY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The same way an infantry force would destroy a regular tank.

ATGMs, indirect fire, mines etc

With an anti-tank weapon, retard
You play too much Wargame

Just like you kill normal tanks, which are even more vulnerable in urban areas.

You should worry about infantry, always about infantry.

.fiddy to the back, not even kidding

im pretty sure a carl gustaf would knock those exposed 30mms out

Get the tanks you're working with to paste it

This. Unless it has an active protection system, I think it could be rendered useless fairly quickly.

In hindsight it was a bad question.
How would a insurgent force, with relatively shitty at capabilities deal with this. Seems like I would just AGL the shit out of anything that looked like it had a insurgent in it.

Since Russia dont give a damn if they kill civilians, thats probably how it would be used too.

IEDs is allways a good solution.

a molotov on its ir/thermal cameras could probably blind it- at least temporarily. grenades/small explosives wedged in its tracks would most likely immobilize it, then waiting the crew out unless they were supported by other vehicles/infantry like they should be.

t. Pekka

Not even Russians are that bad at warfare tho. A situation like that is extremly unliekly

a section anti-tank ambush triggered by a mine

A mine.

well shit man, I don't know of any civilian militias running around with spare recoilless rifles. I'm just giving my opinion of how any ill-equip poorfag could make an attempt at anti-armor suicide duty.

Seems pretty effective, but your right wiki reckons these roll in packs with other BMPT's and T72 tanks. Meaning that just getting friendly tanks to kill it isn't a fool proof solution.

This guy has a got the right idea. Turn it into a 3 man APC

Attached: 1551223481094.png (530x494, 380K)

Could you not just blind it by shooting out cameras and sensors?

Impossible. Couldn't be done. No way insurgents could figure out a counter. No support, and they obviously don't have AT capability.

Attached: demarco.png (1440x2224, 1.61M)

>with relatively shitty at capabilities deal with this.

For practical purposes - what does this mean in terms of equipment and fighting area?

Attached: 51cc4cdd.jpg (800x572, 102K)

It's just not worth contemplating. There's no real counter for an insurgency force. They've got no options. pic unrelated.

Attached: 1552013452104.jpg (480x292, 31K)

Maybe catch it from a side street with this.

Attached: 1552017081151.gif (320x240, 1.97M)

Lots of failed attempts before its finally hit with enough shit RPG-7s or enough/big IED.

wish.com javelin

Attached: 4433A772-44CD-489A-8ABA-E2EFA19E7C58.jpg (689x400, 48K)

same way all isis destroyed all the Iraqi's Abram tanks .. cover the fucker in tar and diesel and burn it ..sensors and such do not work while on fire

>How would a infantry force kill one of these without getting ass raped?
Guided Missiles and Fire and Forget missiles, and mortar fire.
boom done

They need to make one of those thats just a targeting and relay device, while a loaded down missile trucks fires a volley of fuck you at targets.

Make something for it to get stuck in and avoid it.

Any videos of it in action in Syria? I thought Assad bought some a few years ago.

wait until India imports them
wait 5 years
throw a rock at it

Attached: bird-strikes-poo.jpg (3840x2160, 1.06M)

Why not just fire a shitload of missiles at them? If I recall, the Typhoon based Kornet-M can fire all 8 missiles at once with 1 designator locking in 4 missiles at a target (2 x 4) and the capacity to reload on the fly.

Inb4 not true fire and forget because you still need LoS and the computer to maintain lock on the target.

Attached: IMG_3830 - Copy.jpg (5184x3456, 862K)

The older version, Tigr based Kornet-D, can only fire 2 missiles per designator (2 x 2) and is a smaller chassis.

youtube.com/watch?v=KR2mseKQkmY

Attached: Tigr-M_Tigr_Kornet-D.jpg (640x427, 40K)

81mm mortar spam, recoilless rifle spam, ATGMs, command detonated mines (EFP and otherwise), etc.

>t. future billionaire

>youtube.com/watch?v=KR2mseKQkmY

At around 0:58 you can clearly see the missile miss the target and was manually detonated because of embarrassment. Kek.

Found the retard.

Nah, he just gave his idea away for free. He's the drunk guy complaining that his idea got stolen from him and "That should be me" but he says it like the useless, drunken bum that he is

Found Armatard, you drunk on Krokodil already?

A man portable rocket. The BMPT is a solution looking for a problem

we gotta start by digging a hole, preferably one big enough to cause issues for the BMPT

1000# jdam says hello

A shovel will stop any tank dead.

Home cooked C1 (or stolen C4) in the treads

Attached: Ko.jpg (1200x900, 247K)

>They seem purpose built to keep infantry off tanks

if thats the point, they seem shit. a 50cal autocannon would be much better at that. for that you want accuracy and RoF - wihich are areas that the terminator lacks at. that aside, a simple rpg7 to the turret would kill it.

Attached: 11118.jpg (735x490, 80K)

>Home cooked C1

recipe pls!

btr 60 turret is still the goat anti infantry armament

>BMP
.30cal MG fire at distances of under 500m from anywhere but directly in front of it.

They're not all that particularly well armored.

The twin 30mms probably has a higher RoF then any .50 cal, and would be more accurate at long range too.

It's built on a T-72 chassis.

Daisy chain a bunch of 155s together and bury them on a road it frequently travels

Attached: downloadfile-176.jpg (600x450, 122K)

BMPTs are built on a tank chasis, however you might be able to knock out some remote sensors or ATGM tubes with machine gun fire. And a .30 cal MG wouldn't be able to penetrate any in-service (outside of africa-tier armies) BMP, even from the side.

The BMPT is a cope. Simply use a real tank to kill infantry. American gyrostabilized thermally sighted RWS 50cals can snipe infantry fine, and tank cannons will blow up multiple rooms instead of lazy/dumb people who only use one layer of cover.

Yes how would one person ever sneak up on a buttoned up armored vehicle?

I can’t imagine it so it’s probably not possible.

Not sure you are replying to the right guy user

Nothing a Javelin can't handle. No reactive armor so even a AT4 or LAW will do the trick.

Like I said, not particularly well armored.

>T-72 chassis
>adopted in 2017
T-72's were shit when they were new, and at least according to the wikipedia article on this piece of shit it relies almost exclusively on ERA and RPG cages for protection. A GPMG will chew it all the fuck up.

Bury a pressure-plate initiated 155 at every intersection with secondary initiation and arming by command wire.

It might survive, but its treads and sprockets will be gone and the crew will be stunned in the middle of a crossfire.

Stop moving the goalpost, faggot. The armor on even modern APC's is not that thick so this would do the trick.

Attached: anti tank.jpg (1200x1088, 291K)

I'd honestly be more scared of a real tank. And to answer your question, you don't kill it. You hit the soft parts and fuck off when actual opposition shows up. The supply train to keep tanks operating is huge.

can't shoot everybody

Stop being retarded, the frontal plate on even older model T-72s will be resistant to most HEAT threats (without ERA) and nearly all ATGMs with an ERA package (note, since you're retarded: machine guns can't trigger modern ERA). The turret is unmanned and is resistant to autocannon fire. The sides with side-skirts are also immune to autocannon fire, and HEAT resistant with composite skirts and ERA/Slats.

Attached: congratsurretarded.jpg (235x223, 8K)

except a BMPT uses an unmanned turret and an MBT chassis.

>a 7.62 round will penetrate armor rated to stop 105mm tank rounds

>armor rated to stop 105mm rounds
from a certain distance at a certain angle but only on the frontal arc.

They were being penetrated by 25mm HEDP in the Gulf War. At least 1 confirmed kill with .50bmg ball as well.

those were what we call stealth tanks. very thin armor but outwardly presents itself as the vehicle it is impersonating. this allows you more speed and maneuverability while also taking advantage of the oppositions assumption that shooting at you without AT weapons is futile. and i just made that up faggot get wrecked.