Armslist Thread

Share your tips and experiences dealing on armslist.

>be me
>selling inexpensive gun
>getting lots of um...colorful inquiries
>add "must have valid CCW"
>radio silence

And I put "if the listing is still active item is still for sale" and goddamn if I get nothing but "is this still for sale" messages even on the day I bump it to the top! I don't even respond to them because they're either bots trolling for my email address or they're too stupid to own a gun.

Attached: armslist.jpg (1280x720, 120K)

Attached: 67E78B9C-3A5B-474D-AAC3-B253BE78D9CC.jpg (750x151, 19K)

what state is that faggotry for?

This is new.

>buying Beretta NEOS carbine kit
>dude constantly makes excuses after money order is shipped as to why he hasn't shipped
>after several months he gives me some melodramatic bullshit, I get in contact with my lawyer
>after a while he goes radio silent, listing is pulled
>have his name, workplace, address, wife's name, etc because he was a retard and would give me them
>dude is going to get fucked by the feds over scamming with a money order for only $250
I don't even particularly care about the money, it's basically nothing. I just want to see him thrown in jail for mail fraud now.

Attached: firefox_2018-09-30_17-39-01.png (227x222, 141K)

Why would you ever send a money order like that? A business? okay no problem. Joe Schmo? Noope.

>Be me
>Make offer on gun listed in another state
>Seller has an older Armslist account, Gunbroker feedback, and is a member of a forum I'm on
>Guy is super nice to deal with and I send him a MO
>Gun arrives at my FFL a week later
>It's been converted into a machine gun by a bubba with a grinder and then concerted back to semi by some hobo with a welder
>Currently trying to get my $1300 back

So if this guy doesn't accept a return or give me money back, what levels of recourse do I have? I've documented everything about the gun with photos and I have records of all our communication.

you're the fuck tard for sending a money order.. holy shit

>Sending a dude you only just met online a money order

Attached: 1552252137913.png (343x452, 106K)

I've done it dozens of times with no problem. You can't use Paypal, no seller will actually take escrow, and MOs can be investigated by the postal service.

>>have his name, workplace, address, wife's name, etc because he was a retard and would give me them
how do you know they aren't fake?

For future reference, what would you suggest? I've been told only to use MOs or certified checks due to legal ramifications.

cash in person at a FFL

Because I found their Linkedin account with all of their previous info and they somehow managed to be dumber than I was.

Armslist is for setting up face to face deals.

how do you know it's him? they could have just fed you fake info from some random person

That's all up to the USPS Inspection Service to decide then. All of the info has been passed along to them.

Your only recourse is to kill yourself, become a ghost, then haunt him until he dies of a heart attack. That's pretty much all you can do.

>bought a no4mk1 for $330
>bought an m44 for $250
>sold my basic bitch psa ar15 for $400
armslist is great, just gonna find the right deals

Sounds like you might have an unregistered machine gun (even if converted back to semi, it might be enough of a hack job that it meets the "easily convertible" part of being a machine gun). You have two actions:
>Small claims court
He misrepresented the item, offering you something that was illegal to own and you didn't find out till after you bought it.
>ATF
Threaten to report him to the ATF for the machine gun he sold you.

>Moving and getting rid of stuff
>Have two unopened cans of surplus 7.62x54r I am not going to use
>Post on Armslist for $250
>Less than an hour later get offer to buy
>Full price
>Meet him that weekend at neutral location (a park midway between us)
>Make the exchange out of the trunks of our cars like some shady drug deal
The sweet thing is I only paid like $75 a can a few years ago.

Last gun I got from GunBroker wasn't through FFL so that's fine

as someone on WA, yes

fuck complyers

>you can't use paypal
yeah you can fucknuts just don't put HEY THIS IS FOR A GUN in the comments

Recently traded rifles with a guy out state. We went through our ffls. Swapped tracking numbers and called his ffl to confirm. Went smoothly.

True. But if you ever had to have PayPal step in for you it would kinda hard to keep details about item from them.