Hipoint Appreciation Thread

How many of your guns can take this much of a beating?

Attached: Hipoint.jpg (750x1252, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hightowerarmory.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=HTAMBS95
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: Hipoint appreciation.jpg (750x1244, 69K)

Wtf?
Does Hi Point use CHF barrels or something?

>you don't realize there's something wrong with your gun
>keep shooting
>keep shooting
>shoot so long that boolits don't fit cause so much shit is in the barrel

how ?

like... fuckin how though ? how do you not feel something wrong ? see the lack of action downrange ?

It mostly has to do with the Hi Point carbine being straight blowback. There's a similar picture of a revolver barrel with multiple projectiles in it, and the pressure from the fired cartridge leaks out at the cylinder gap as the bullet gets stuck. In this Hi Point carbine, it likely cycled the bolt back with the squib causing pressure to push the bolt back and cycle the cartridge before pressure built up enough to actually cause the barrel to rupture, and the cycle repeated until the round likely couldn't headspace due to the nose of the bullet touching the rear of the previous one.

Apparently the shooter in question sent it back for warranty, citing "Accuracy problems."
No, I don't know how you become that retarded either.

My S&W revolvers

Attached: 357-squib.jpg (2880x2131, 763K)

I don’t think you quite understand what cold hammer forging means.

This. If this same guy pulled the same shit with a DI or gas piston gun he would have kaboomed. I'm just shocked he didn't realize something was wrong with the recoil impulse and muzzle report after the first squib. I've had exactly one pop and no kick in my entire life (I had just started handloading and got sloppy, total user error) and it was immediately obvious what happened when I fired the squib.

Sorry, I deleted that post due to wanting to mention how it may have been different if it were a locked operating mechanism with a gas port, but that's a major dumb because it wouldn't cycle, though I suppose if it managed to squib past the gas port or if it was manually cycled, it could rupture that way. Also a short recoil operated gun could technically manage it as well depending on how it unlocks.

Anyways, to answer your question, could just be a guy having some fun letting off some rounds wherever, not particularly shooting at anything. I went shooting on a friend's land, we forgot targets, and just shot where ever not paying attention to impacts, so this could have happened that way. Another way is if they're dumb, that's a real possibility. Probably the last is they're a terrible shot, weren't getting hits, thought what the hell and kept shooting because the shoot off the paper normally anyways, and kept going until it couldn't headspace.

Holy shit

I could definitely see an inexperienced person shooting a squib through a semi auto, not realizing why it didn't cycle and manually cycling the next round before firing again.

It means the grain pattern of the metal is more in line with the barrel than button rifling so it's stronger.

How does this even happen? Now I'm paranoid

Already mentioned this can happen happen on a revolver because it has a cylinder gap. Nothing special about S&W, a POS like a Taurus would probably have as much luck doing something like this as well.

What would the recoil feel like on this? Would you only feel the gases that escape from behind the barrel?

Always hurts to see.

Also, I just got one of these from High Tower Armory and wanted to know what y'all think.

Attached: IMG_20180610_162840239.jpg (1500x844, 497K)

I imagine you'd feel it slamming against your shoulder.

But why? You only feel recoil because of the bullet and gases leaving the gun at a high speed. In this case it never leaves the gun, so the system remains constant. Like pushing a truck from the bed.

Attached: dum.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

yeah but he did it like 30 fucking times and then gave up when shit wouldn't chamber

if it won't chamber you can probably angle the gun and look inside, SEE THE FUCKING SQUIBS, and then kill yourself from being so dumb, but your gun is fucked so idk how.

nice spacegat bro what the FUCK is it ?

>High Tower Armory

a hi point with cosmetic surgery

Hey man, I'm right there with you. A newbie doing this once and not realizing? OK sure, I buy that. Someone doing this 35 times on a gun they have presumably shot before? What the fuck where they thinking? But then we remember the brand and it's major appeal being price point, and it starts to make sense.

How much was it and what caliber? I want a cheap bullpup

it didn't 'take this', it no longer functions, so fuck off fagot

hightowerarmory.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=HTAMBS95
HiPoint $349 + High Tower Armory bullpup conversion $249
You can get in in 9 10 40 and 45. What sucks is you have to sit on a waiting list, took a couple months for me to order.
Removes almost all embarrassment of owning a Hipoint.

Bruh do you even context

Attached: 0226-dog-the-bounty-hunter-tmz-4-e1499937885786.jpg (718x534, 63K)

Bruh do you even thinly veiled advertising?