How old should a kid be to take them shooting?

How old should a kid be to take them shooting?

Attached: 1550439815531.jpg (600x849, 167K)

Attached: gh.png (500x378, 239K)

As soon as they start walking around the age of 2 you should give them a derringer

Real answer from a former childcare professional. Whenever they are mature enough to know how deadly a gun is and respect it.
If your 10 year old says he will aim it at the family dog, hold off. If your 7 year old is listening and obeying the basic rules of firearms safety, then they are ready.
I suggest using a dummy gun first (not a toy, just a realistic replica) then a BB gun, then a real gun.

Attached: kid cookie.png (1080x1080, 1.37M)

4,5,6 Once they start to learn about right and wrong, like, shooting people bad, shooting deer good.

My daughters were shooting a single six at age 5, AR at 10, BHP somewhere in between.
Skeet with a 28ga. 870 at 12&14.

I started off tagging along with Dad and gramps pretty young.
My dad would hold the grip on a pistol and let me sit on his lap and pull the trigger. We’d blow up soda cans together. I was probably around 7 or 8 at the time.

Between 8 and 10, generally speaking, is the foolproof age.
Earlier if they're just brought along to watch.
You should be teaching them about firearm safety, personal responsibility and danger awareness by the ages of 5-6 anyway. By the time they actually get to shooting, they should be more than ready. You want them to be familiar even before they ever touch a gun.
Of course, some kid are have that spark of understanding which lets you fastrack them and have them plinking much earlier.

I'm currently debating what gun I should get my niece. She's only 4, but she's a smart little fucking fiend and I bet she'll be able to outscore me before she turn ten. Probably a 22lr boltyboi. Man, am I eager to see my brother's face when she unwrap that present on either next Christmas or the one after.

>former childcare professional
>former
What did u do, user?
R u a diddler?

I just can't compete with the rates anymore. Too many mommys with side businesses driving down the price. Even when you start your own business you can't break 40K wihtout having either insane hours or some kind of weird fad (like teaching kids some shitty forgotten language to help them get into yale)

Attached: woman docter.jpg (636x960, 62K)

my nephew was about 6 I think when I let him shoot a bb gun
10 when I took him shooting real guns. I don't see him very often though, different states

>former childcare professional
You worked Neverland Ranch security?

>Not having the first thing your son wraps his little fingers around be the grip of a gun
Your ancestors are watching, user. Get it together. No matter what else he does with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper-- his hands will remember the gun. So start off right.

Also known as Ram Ranch Junior

my dad gave me my first bb gun when i turned 6 and my first real gun when i turned 9

you should wait until 18 to go shooting hot magnum loads

When you see they're responsible enough to properly follow instructions.

I was 4 and shot my dad's 30-06.

Flew out of my hands and I cried but still.

My Dad took me shooting with ruger mark 2's and 10/22s since I was 4

Again, I just can't compete financially with bored housewives "looking for a career" or just trying to beat the boredom. They will offer insane rates because they dont need the money, they just want to he seem as a "go girl business owner boss lady"

Seven years old. That's when Spartans and Knights would begin their training for a lifetime of warfare. It's only right that we ought to start training our children for a violent future at such an age as well.

Attached: 1551932336397.jpg (850x1202, 125K)

I went shooting for the first time at 6, but there are some 70 year olds who I wouldn't take shooting. has the right of it. Your kid is ready to shoot when it's able to be serious about lethal action and consequence. If they are neurotypical and haven't reached this milestone by the age of 12 or so, you need to reevaluate your parenting.

When they demonstrate they can follow and understand commands and instruction and have exhibited that they can take on at least some responsibility.

For some kids this could be 8, others it could be 13. Learn your fucking kid and if you don't know when your kid is ready then you're a shit parent.