Red Orchestra 2

What's Jow Forums's opinion of Ro2?

Attached: kino af.jpg (936x585, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rWZe0MXpwcc
twitter.com/AMG_Dev/status/1105488810954104832
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

game is kinda dead but that shit is dope af. rs2 vietnam kinda took over.

I miss the massive Friday night matches we had.

love it but will never not be eternally mad that tripwire removed the extra content the original mod creators had for the pacific front like Ha-Go's, Stuarts, Type 100 Flamethrowers, and what not.
Fuck you tripwire you cheap fucks

Loved it, used to play all the time with guys in my actual army platoon, we would be yelling all kinds of dumb shit in the mics

Still one of my favorite mp shooters ever. I hope RS3 is in Korea, would be a perfect fit

Was a terrible sequel to RO1 and tarnished the name of Red Orchestra forever. Really glad they rebooted the series and dropped the pretense of it being an RO game with RS2.

squad mechanic is utter dogshit
why didn't they just rip off brothers in arms?

Really? Man that's whack. I had alot of fun with RO1 mods like Mare Nostrum and Carpathian Crosses etc.
Yeah I was looking at server pops...its ultra low...even went a step further to look at RO1, had 4 people on in the last 24 hours lol...no servers.

Attached: 195m headshot.jpg (936x585, 37K)

never played it but RS2: Vietnam is great

My shit pc cant run it :(

Its fun, but honestly i liked RS1 even more. The setting and OST are better, not to mentionthe bliss of beating americans with inferior guns

RS1 western front mod was god-tier

>tfw playing in scenes from band of brothers

one of my favorite games

Attached: Bridges.jpg (512x512, 40K)

I was just thinking of this map earlier today. Good times.

GO HOME G.I.

>when your team doesn’t coordinate and you get pinned down at the bridge praying to see your loved ones again as the Soviets mercilessly machine gun everyone who sticks their head up

Loved that map but it could get fucking frustrating with a bad German team

Great game if a little clunky, but I chalk that up to the engine. I played so much that my family complained that I was screaming in German/Russian in my sleep and they were concerned because I didn't know either language.

>Be lowly rifleman
>Never make any difference for the team, I'm just cannon fodder
>We're trying to take an objective
>Everyone is crowded around the corner of the objective
>We're taking fire and no one dares move
>Decide that my life isn't worth much so I'll just do a suicide run
>It won't work
>Pull stick grenade and prime it
>Sprint around the corner, blindly toss it into the room, and go prone
>Grenade goes off
>Suddenly objective marker starts filling up for our side
>We take the objective and I'm still alive
>Realize for once in my entire playtime I was genuinely the big push that won us the objective
>Intense pride fills me
>Get shot the second we start moving to the other objective
It's a great game

Attached: 1400095430226.jpg (284x276, 12K)

I love RO2 and RS1, they're some of my favorite multiplayer FPSes ever probably. It's a shame that RS2 is pretty much inferior to them in every way.

WE GONNA GIT YOU GI!

Gay arcade shooter with a muh realism veneer. Just play pic related.

Attached: Arma 2.jpg (730x300, 22K)

vatnik shit

Your post made me smile user

WHY WAS THE ELITE RIFLEMAN ROLE ALWAYS TAKEN?! THOSE FUCKING NIGGERS, EITHER VETERANS OR JUST BRAINDEAD LOW LEVELS, GET THE ROLE AND *NEVER* GIVE IT UP AT ALL THROUGHOUT THE MATCH. I FUCKING HATE THAT SHIT, RAAAAAGGH!!

I liked RS1 a little bit better than RO2, yet I still enjoyed it. I especially loved being that lowly rifleman on the German side. The Kar98k felt so good to use.

>pic unrelated

Attached: 1540871201250.jpg (800x1131, 235K)

Just don't play Arma III its total bullshit. Got kicked out of a group because I told off some homo in the group who got HIV. Who fucking cares if it was from a blood transfusion, those people created it anyways.

Attached: 1498920473740.jpg (351x468, 18K)

based

>you level up
>your model gets more dirty and fucked up
kino af

>Be Me
>US Sniper on Firebase
>Moving around, looking for spot
>We're capping last point
>18 NAKED COW BOYS IN THE SHOWERS AT RAM RANCH
>wut.jpg
>Look around, See a man wielding a flamethrower, blasting Ram Ranch
>Stare with awe at this man
>This venerable soldier
>Hear screams of burning gooks and the words 18 NAKED COW BOYS WANTING TO BE FUCKED is played max volume
>Continue watching
>Hear an RPG fire
>The man is splattered into a red puddle
>MFW

Where it not for you, we would of lost.

Attached: Big Boss Salute.gif (350x200, 938K)

One of the best games. Feels good knowing other people stil talk about this masterpiece. Such a great game and still is but not many servers.
youtube.com/watch?v=rWZe0MXpwcc

Korea is an under explored setting, but in terms of weapons and gameplay it probably wouldn’t be much different from RO2 and RS2. They should pick something with different era weapons from what they’ve done so far.

>tfw I was the only anti tank soldier left on the team
>team has low tickets
>Im hiding and see the tank a few meters away
>team is rooting for me as I charge with my anti tank grenade
>Try to toss grenade only to fuck up my throw and blow myself upp
>tfw the whole team saw me get saving private ryan'd
>tfw they all laughed at me
good times

Attached: 1549510375606.jpg (389x345, 29K)

fuckin hate the hitboxes
try to hit some fuck 20 metres away and it misses them completely.
Uninstall it errytime

Great game, played the fuck out of it. I regularly play RS2 now.

You guys see the antimatter game tease on twitter? New announcement tomorrow, from the look of the crt monitor like screen maybe it's RO3 set in Cold War gone hot.

That fucking bridge...

my ptsd

had like a two hour match on this map. shit was so fucking intense.

>arma

Attached: 1548308387997.jpg (638x638, 22K)

I want Rising Storm: Afghanistan 1979-89

>antimatter game tease on twitter
oh shit

Attached: 5a9.jpg (251x251, 7K)

Fuck that map. The only consistently populated US server just plays this and myshkova on repeat. Maps like mamaev, red october, or even cold steel are miles better than this.

Still hopin' for RS3: Korea.

Attached: Muhreen.jpg (684x492, 69K)

Can’t wait to tear ass around Afghanistan playing the Russian version of it ain’t me and bringing Red Terror to goatfuckers.

literally "no fun allowed - the game"

If you don't think Arma is fun, I'm glad you're not playing it and shitting it up for everyone else. Stay to your arcade shit, kiddo.

I have never had fun in this game, you can't just jump into a server.

It isn't dead you fool. There are like at least 5+ servers constantly full of 64 players

>what is singleplayer
My god, you NEED to act competitively with other normalfags to have any fun don't you? What happened to your imagination?

Thats more an issue with the community though. If you enjoy the gameplay, why not just try find a less shit community? I absolutely love it because I have a good community to play with.

Well, If you really cant find fun in all of the game modes. Fair enough. But like above, community can make or break it.

Attached: 2ce.jpg (252x200, 9K)

w
Arma 2's gameplay is better, better mods too. CWR will never, EVER be released for Arma 3.

Attached: cwr.jpg (1920x1080, 430K)

Different poster; but

You what I hate about people like you? Instead of playing a game for fun and enjoying it; you expect me to crawl on my hands and knees in a fucking bush for 2 hours, listening to your every command and fulfilling your ''Yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir'' fantasy. I mute fucks like you and just do my own thing as you scream autistically in the mic; expecting everyone to do everything exactly as you say.

You are a cancer; a fucking plague.

Attached: bonglord.jpg (660x420, 25K)

>You what I hate about people like you? Instead of playing a game for fun and enjoying it; you expect me to crawl on my hands and knees in a fucking bush for 2 hours, listening to your every command and fulfilling your ''Yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir'' fantas
I don't do gay military roleplay, I just hate it when people run around like they're playing Battlefield. Why I played Arma 3 for 20 hours before becoming so disgusted I went back to 2 forever.

Oh okay I'm sorry then; you're cool.

Well, I cant say since all I ever did on Arma 2 was a little bit of the campaign and DayZ mod. But I've spent plenty of time on different game mods on Arma 3.

Arma 3 does fix some of the clunk of Arma 2, but to each his own.

Kar98k was my perfected gun, always a one shot kill with it. Also got to shoot my buddy's real one last year, recoil and medal butt plate bruised the shit out of my shoulder, the idea of shooting as many rounds as I did in a game of RO2 seemed so painful.

>Arma 3 does fix some of the clunk of Arma 2
As weird as it may sound, the clunk is part of what made Arma 2 great. Smoothing out the movement enables zoomers to run around like it's Cowadoody/Battlefield, and I liked how weighty everything felt in 2.

>recoil and medal butt plate bruised the shit out of my shoulder
Grow a set of testicles.

Attached: soy.gif (413x243, 51K)

One of the best out there

>Arma 3

Attached: AHAHAHAhAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAA.jpg (1280x510, 75K)

the guns and sounds in Arma don't feel real, everything is clunkie, controls suck, very unsatisfying game to play.

CWR is genuinely one of the best mods Arma ever had, I hate that it didn't got more attention

RIP pic related

Attached: dedication.jpg (1024x768, 638K)

Funny, to get a good campaign experience in Arma 1 and 2, Cold War Crisis and Resistance needed to be ported from OFP. Those two are literal perfection, Bohemia never struck that kind of gold again.

Attached: after_montignac.jpg (1024x768, 332K)

>would of

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 57K)

Well, I more mean like the inventory, it was a quite shit in Arma 2, and yeah that is a fair point about movement, although it feels smoother, it does create the ability to spam movement to make yourself harder to hit.

>What does the scouter say about his power level Vegeta?

>Rising storm
Into the trash

Until there is an extensive cold war mod released for Arma 3 I will not bother with it.

Attached: G11 arctic.jpg (1141x819, 170K)

Attached: cwr_jeep.jpg (1920x1080, 448K)

BREEECHES

yeah, funny. you idiots are the reason i sometimes set voice com on the lowest volume.

I remember driving my T-34 onto that bridge, to provide cover my my comrades, was there for like 20 minutes, german antitank troopers knocked off both tracks and I just sat there, pinging every kraut I saw, ran out of MG ammo, HE and had almost depleted all my AP shells into crawling germans, and we still couldn't take the damn bridge. Think a pioneer satcheled me just as I was on my last couple shells.

Attached: 1439998148262.jpg (2184x1477, 469K)

played 800 hours. havent in 5 years.

What's this gonna be?
twitter.com/AMG_Dev/status/1105488810954104832

>using the ptrs-41 as anti infantry for the lulz
>watching limbs and decapitated bodies hit the floor
>posted up inna trench
>2 krauts round the corner and get turned into an assortment of various body parts
>hear gurgling and crying of a nearby comrade crying to his mother
>die as a potato masher gibs me
>sit there and laugh in an odd form of simulated ptsd and insanity
game was pretty fucking intense at times

Attached: ro2.jpg (650x960, 105K)

>Cold war gone hot

Attached: Fish.gif (224x233, 897K)

>The congo

Attached: Yooooooo.png (611x528, 744K)

Perfect balance between arcade fun playability weapon damage and realistic damage. They really laid it out well for realism and fun.
Weapon damage is probably the most important thing games get wrong and they do it all the time.
Only gripe is that 9mm is marginally weaker than 7.62x25 in the game when it should be the opposite.

>9mm weaker than 7.62x25
It is tho. At best they are equal.

An only slightly heavier 0.355 fmj that will penetrate all the way out the other side of a human will do more damage along the way than a ~0.308 fmj projectile that will penetrate all the way out the other side of a human going only slightly faster.
Tokarev is not rifle velocities different user. With the SMGs, at least they made the damage the same which is maybe slightly more realistic considering how fast the subgun rated ammo was supposed to go in those barrel lengths

>0.308" 85gr@1540fps (modern ammunition Ive seen mostly 1380 fps)
>0.355" 124gr@1250 fps

Sucked compared to what it could have been. Pretty good overall though.

Problems:
>Vehicles suck so bad nobody plays any maps with them
>weapon sway is nearly non-existent which makes it way more run-and-gun than RO1
>Only a couple maps were any good
>glacially slow devs, took years to add halftracks. Never did get more tanks.
>leveling up was stupid as fuck

Good things:
>Atmosphere, holy fuck is the atmosphere great, only Post Scriptum is better.
>Gore. I love how blood pools under dead people. I love how some people roll around in agony before they die.
>Interiors of vehicles look great.
>Most of the maps are actual places in Stalingrad, pic related is the Train Station map.

Attached: battle_stalingrad32.jpg (800x564, 51K)

>этo нe я starts playing

>people actually like bridges
scum all of you

is that a surprise? it's the most played map, there's never not at least one full server with it

i hate that people never play combined arms maps, tanks/transports/infantry battles are fun

I See 570 ft lb for tok and 455 ft lb for 9mm

They eventually added light tanks.

Seriously going for that bug people look.

energy isnt the only factor in lethality

RO1 was so much better
Rip that game

yeah sure old man

i bought RO1 after i got into RO2 and it's just a fucking mess. and noone's fucking playing it anymore, not even back then in 2014 or '13.

superior chinese insect people tech

And half of those players are bots
Hopefully red orchestra 3 will be more polished and maybe more gory now when we got KF2 but more realistic way.
I want to see fellow fighter getting liquified by direct hit of mortar and other shit.

bullshit, he's talking about no bot servers, and he's right. just yesterday i saw 6 full servers, no bots. and several servers with lower pop and a bunch of bots.
but yes, i also fucking need RO3. RS2 is hella fun but it's no RO2, which didn't age that well. And the DLC bullshit for clothing and shit is fucking retarded. I don't even get the whole customization thing, i think it's fucking retarded to not wear a full uniform and maybe play a black character for reasons of camouflage. it's hard to distinguish teams sometimes when they wear nothing but torn pants.

Attached: 1549574682725.jpg (970x975, 188K)

Yeah i tell you what back when it was filled with people it was amazing.
Just body parts flying everywhere big ol maps and shit
So sad nobody plays it anymore.

I played Squad once on a buddy's computer, played it like Battlefield, fucking rammed a gun truck through an enemy village, ran over at least three goatfuckers, gunner who had no idea what was going on must have gotten another six before succumbing to 7.62s, truck was on fire but I made it out the other side only to have my whole team scream at me and get banned from the server. Gay as fuck, they should have given me a metal.

>Be me
>Have been attacking for a while with ppsh
>Be trying to refuse passage from enemies from behind block of concrete
>Last stick going
>Kill two german from three
>Last man starts to blast me with his machine pistol
>I scatter all my bullets around him
>He hides to load
>I hide to pull out my pistol
>I come out first to shoot three killing rounds when he emerges from cover
>Grab his mp40
>Hide behind my concrete block
>Watch as five commies run pasty me to building they are attacking
>Decide to fall back to help my comrades
>Get shot to the back of my head

uh huh. RO1 had like 50. And people actually played maps that used them.

BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDGES

>50
no fucking way, your boomer brain is playing the old nostalgia trick on you

Vietnam is one of the few wars where I'd say customisation makes any sort of sense, but tripwire definitely went too far with the DLC.