Asian martial arts in the West are a fucking joke and a scam. For starters...

Asian martial arts in the West are a fucking joke and a scam. For starters, 99% of them are virtually useless for self-defense in the modern era. Particularly in the case of many Japanese martial arts, the particular studies are designed around one type of encounter. They literally have an entire martial art (Iaijutsu) that revolves around simply drawing a sword and committing yourself to the first strike. Yeah, that's really useful in a modern setting.

But of course there are people who practice those simply for the health benefits of it, both spiritual and physical. So what about martial arts that are marketed for self-defense? Karate, taekwondo, etc. 99% of these "schools" are fucking scams. They do nothing but make you rehearse memorized strikes in order to get a new color belt to put on your gay little display stand. They're designed for children. The people that are actually competent enough in these martial arts to do serious damage to someone in a real fight is probably the top 1% of the top 1%.

I actually had the displeasure of visiting my friend's son's taekwondo graduation ceremony once. The crowning moment of the evening was when the 100-lb-soaking-wet, 5'1" female instructor tried brainwashing the children there into believing that she could beat the shit out of someone who is three times her size, simply because she tapped him first during a sparring session.

What a joke. Kill yourself if you think otherwise. Here's a good way to determine whether or not your McDojo is actually teaching you anything useful or just giving you colorful participation awards: if your Eastern martial arts school has any belt colors besides black and white, YOU'RE BEING HAD

Attached: a game for children.jpg (604x468, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/aFoZ3f6wLvE
youtu.be/9YyNNVI4Jvg
youtube.com/watch?v=DUJ_Y2gQ4tM
youtu.be/ktquuOLeQV4
youtube.com/watch?v=VVfC9eAAry0
youtube.com/watch?v=NCDA6LBvyuM
youtu.be/6g7TpzTW7lQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They're all just daycare services. Martial Arts, Boy Scouts, Book Clubs, all the same.

Why even care, if people want to waste their time doing pointless shit just let them. Don't right a long autistic rant like you're still on /v/

>t. stupid bitch who wasted thousands of dollars at a glorified Zumba school

no no, that was OP. That's why he's autistically screetching about it.

I agree with your point, but I do raise you muay thai. I can't think of any fake muay thai schools in the same way there are bullshit Karate and wushu places around. And why did you make this thread, it's a blog post if anything

Boxing > Martial Arts by a wide margin.
That shit will make a man out of you.

Boxing is a martial art

Meant to say Asian martial arts

*judo throws you onto concrete*

Marksmanship is the only martial art that means shit in the modern age. I don't care if you can karate chop my head off, I'll shoot you before you get within 10 feet of me

>muh judo
Friendly reminder that judo was invented in the 1880s as a sport. It has virtually zero application in a hypothetical life-or-death scenario. You'd last as long in a street fight as a modern competitive fencer would against a knight.

jesus keep your shit tier /asp/ie bait on your own god awful board

Martial arts is extremely Jow Forums related newfag. Literally in the name

the Japanese keep all their real martial arts to themselves.

Attached: E99B992A-2EF3-488A-A7DB-219A9C682C4C.gif (400x306, 64K)

I'm a certified practitioner of both Sumo and Eskrima. I tend to blend both into my stand up skills and it works against boxing enthusiasts during practice bouts. Especially when I hit them with my stick.

>martial arts in the West are a fucking joke and a scam. For starters, 99% of them are virtually useless for self-defense in the modern era
FTFY. This ain't nipland where your average mugger is armed with foul language, or a screwdriver at worst. Gunkwondo, or get got.

What about Filipino martial arts? It doesn't need belts and all you need to really do is improvise.

Although I'm not sure if starting with sticks for beginners to hand-hand counts as belts.

[spoiler] Then again they can improvise firearms as well so... [spoiler]

Attached: paliuntod.jpg (500x375, 143K)

>typical random drunk trying to fight you = a knight
WHEW

>certified practitioner
Lmao, and I'm a certified practitioner of driving my car.
>I'm really good at hitting people with a stick when they don't have one!
Buy one of your weeb swords and commit sudoku with it you utter faggot

Looks like that analogy flew right over your head, dipshit. Your average mugger or someone that you're likely getting in a street fight with has spent most of his life getting in fights. When all of your gay judges and rules aren't around, he'd wipe the fucking floor with you and make you eat your teeth.

Lol, ok. Guess that's why they get there asses kicked in fights, gotta keep the secret techniques safe.

The western fighting styles are "martial sciences." They don't go out of their way to look fancy or intimidating. Practicing fighting has never been banned in the west, and westerners don't try to be falsely intimidating due to small stature (which is the goal of many martial arts, to seem intimidating but have nothing to back it up.)

You'd be far better off learning/practicing basic kickboxing and Greco-Roman wrestling moves than spending years to learn a bullshit "art."

It's worked out alright for me. Mind you, I don't get into a lot of fights, but the few I have gotten into since training turned out fine, and I'm no Jason Statham. You just have to realize that you can't just do kata at the other guy until he falls over; you have to actually figure out what you're doing and how it applies. Anybody who expects to prance around like they're in a dojo is cruising for some unscheduled dentistry, but that doesn't mean you aren't using the principles you learned there.
You've got to put in the work to be able to use the moves. Take it from a sperg: don't be a sperg about it.

>Practicing fighting has never been banned in the west
Forgot to specify that this is a reason why they don't try to disguise the moves as fancy dance moves. They're just direct and efficient moves.

>The western fighting styles are "martial sciences."
According to who, you? That's a made up term you just pulled out of your ass. The term "martial art" is a term that has been around in English since the 1550s, and much longer in other languages since the term originally referred to the combat skills practiced by Romans.

>engage in real fight IRL
>go to jail
wow, real fights are a real threat in modern society.

wow, so usefull.

>also misses the ART part of martial arts

TKD is excellent for young children (5-9ish) It teaches balance and fine motor skills like nothing else (except for ballet) and the sparring protocol allows for practicing aggression with effectively zero risk of injury.

Being able to throw accurate head kicks before age 10 is damn impressive.

What cucked town do you live in where you get sent to jail over a drunken brawl in an alleyway? I've been in probably half a dozen or so honest to God fistfights in my life and I've only ever even spoken to the police once about it, and that was just because we broke a bunch of glasses in the bar.

>your average dude trying to start a fight with somebody has literally spent his entire life fighting and will totally know how to handle a trained grappler due to his decades of experience
Im sorry, but do you actually think this? I don't even do judo but, wow. You actually think your average drunken brodude or barfly, AKA 99.5% of people who start fights, is going to have no problem taking on somebody experienced in even a competitive grappling martial art like BJJ, Judo, or wrestling, because of all those crazy cool techniques they learned from being an expert street fighter? Watch more fights, get in more fights, and get back to me on that one kiddo.

youtu.be/aFoZ3f6wLvE

OK bud

To elaborate:
There are definitely fucking retarded ways to go about punching somebody, and conversely, there are definitely much more effective and reasonable ways to do it. Learn and practice avoiding the former and consistently doing the latter. Congratulations, you're a martial artist. The Chinks just have weird ways of teaching that, compounded with millennia of "my sensei can beat up your sensei" with a Hollywood cherry on top. Now there's this idea that anybody who's spent more than an hour in a dojo can hadouken the guy who keeps stealing their lunch money, when the truth is that if you work your ass off over time, the margin of likelihood that you'll get that ass beat gradually shrinks a little.

>t. faggot who practices a glorified dance competition and has never been in an actual fight
Tell me what city you live in. If it's within 300 miles of me I will personally drive there to beet the shit out of you you fucking fairy

stop being a nigger.

also learning to fight to beat some drunk nigger is like training to go to EVO to beat the next door kid.

cringe.

any combat school can take down untrained drunk retards, even tai chi can beat down untrained guys at bars.

retard.

also, you can win 99% of street fights at bars by just being muscular and look strong.

Literally any bedroom community inhabited entirely by white collar professionals.

t. criminal defense paralegal in the West Suburbs of Shitcago

CPD might not give a shit if you’re throwing hands on Division Street, but doing that Naperville is going to earn you a weekend pass to the drunk tank.

>emasculated vegetarian Asian "male" gets beaten up
Wow! It's fucking nothing! Try that with a white man who isn't malnourished from onions and get back with me, kiddo.

>OP benchmark to call asian marts useless because of hypothetical real life scenario is to engage in combat with drunk brodudes at bars who 99.9% can be beaten by simply being physically stronger because 99.9% of cocky bar brodudes are untrained faggots
>beating untrained drunk dudes at bar is OP measure of real life combat situations

Attached: 1520891838240.jpg (327x322, 47K)

OK youtu.be/9YyNNVI4Jvg

>these literal mountains of projection
I don't take any martial arts. Been in several scuffles and more than a few fights over the years, seen many more than that play out.
>If it's within 300 miles of me I will personally drive there to beet the shit out of you you fucking fairy
Oh man, we got a real quasi-literate badass over here. As if there was any doubt to your underage and inexperienced nature before hand, you talk like a 14yr old with no experience of the real world. Practiced grapplers with even a basic understanding of striking just about always mop the floor with the untrained.

I'm sorry were you saying something? I don't see you telling me what city you live in. Shut the fuck up bitch, you don't have the balls to put your money where your mouth is you little fucking twink.

>guy gets flipped over
>"OMG guys LOOK! He took this guy down with a JUDO move, ONLY JUDO uses this technique! He has the heart of the samurai!
loving every laugh

Sudoku.
My fucking sides.
I think you mean seppuku faggot.

Attached: LaughingAsian.jpg (758x505, 34K)

>samefagging this hard
Pathetic. So fucking pathetic you fucking queer

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.

Attached: Not an argument.png (399x614, 406K)

So you admit that grappling is basically the same across all disciplines but somehow thinka only the japanese versions of it are bad

For the record it was a textbook Tai otoshi and by the looks of his gripping I'd wager he is in fact a judoka or that the very least experienced in BJJ which shares the same parenthood

>OP thinks brodudes at bars are MMA artists and not just some faggots who can be beaten by any martial art because they're untrained loser 99% of the time

Attached: 1521350742702.jpg (409x409, 128K)

>Looks like that analogy flew right over your head, dipshit.
Not him, but the analogy fucking sucked. Shit like judo and bjj trace their roots to jujutsu. Was a technique used to beat the shit out of somebody in armor if you are disarmed or with only a dagger when fighting another dude in armor. Subsections if it are for when you're faced with an unarmed and armored opponent. Today, this would be your average street fight. How do you think aspects of greco-roman wrestling was preserved in Europe? Pic related.

>Your average mugger or someone that you're likely getting in a street fight with has spent most of his life getting in fights.
You're average mugger is a crackhead nine times out of ten. Your average street fight is some dickheads outside of bar in a waffle house parking lot at 2a.m.
youtube.com/watch?v=DUJ_Y2gQ4tM

youtu.be/ktquuOLeQV4

Here's some more by the way

I started Judo 3 weeks ago, got a lesson tonight and 3 more this week. Love it, especially since my instructor is heavily involved in competitions and is very serious about it (As i am).

I wouldn't care it a meme, as it has evolved overtime and has become a "combat" and Olympic sport. A few of the guys in my class, who have been training for some time. If you grabbed them by the shirt or throw they will literally knock your head into the concrete so hard you won't wake up. It's best to just king hit someone that does judo to avoid being throw or arm bared.

Here is best example;

youtube.com/watch?v=VVfC9eAAry0

Attached: 719.jpg (500x333, 27K)

>make you rehearse memorized strikes
I took a boxing class last fall for about two months, and I can confirm this is true even outside Asian martial arts

>the joke
>
>
>
>
>your head
I wouldn't expect someone who defends gook martial arts to be intelligent though, so it's okay

Attached: ye old grappling.jpg (250x415, 29K)

grabbed them by the shirt or *throat

Good, old copypasta.

>still samefagging this hard
I look forward to reading your obituary stating that you died alone and the city employees had to come and peel your body off the carpet after the neighbors complained about the smell coming from "that weird guy's apartment"

>its another episode of everybody rightfully calling me a retard must be the same person

Attached: damnhegotme.png (410x119, 6K)

I think he's referring to the gay little dance routines that people have to do when taking their karate/taekwondo tests. They make you memorize this long elaborate sequence of strikes and turns. It serves no purpose whatsoever other than to make you think you look cool.

I thought I had seen all the best judo street fights on YouTube but I guess not. Thanks for that judo user.

>Phone user detected

>doesn't understand how Jow Forums's IP tracking works
Wow, a phonefag, a samefag, AND a newfag. Lmao'ing at your life.

.....I like onions

>OP thinks I need to learn self defence
I don't need self defence because I don't live among niggers, lmao retard.

Attached: 1520455231828.jpg (250x247, 8K)

>Phone user detected
As if you couldn't get more pathetic.

Attached: Absolutely desperate.png (1920x1080, 155K)

>No funny tabs
You disappoint me user

>3 ways to make crispy hash browns
That’s fucking gay and you know it

Its actually just the one, was posted in another thread and i got curious. Guy's accent sounds fake as fuck, though. Makes me question his integrity in general.

newfag

If Western Boxing were taught as poorly as Eastern Martial Arts are taught in the US then it would be a joke also.

Lerk moar fagit.

>Literally in the name
Jow Forums - WEAPONS you fucking redditor, when the mods didn't suck cocks they trashed this shit

It isn't the way it's taught, it's just that Asian martial arts really are a fucking joke

youtube.com/watch?v=NCDA6LBvyuM

The internet is full of videos of martial arts "masters" getting their shit handed to them by borderline incompetent boxers and wrestlers. Turns out that flashy kicks and spins that look like they belong in a ballet aren't actually that suitable for real fighting.

The biggest problem with Asian martial arts, especially in the West, is that they've developed this personality cult around them. They market them in America especially as being some type of spiritual shit that will turn you into a God on the battlefield because you're in touch with your Shinto spirits or some shit. People eat it up and think that meditation is a substitute for practical experience. The hilarity ensues when the con artist instructors actually start believing their own bullshit and think they can stand up to a Western boxer or something.

>tl;dr
Martial arts instructors need to get into actual fights and teach the fundamentals that their particular martial arts were founded on, not stupid flashy shit that has no application in the real world. No, Mr. 3rd Rank Black Belt, a spinning jump kick does not distract me and make me vulnerable to your kick as it comes around. It just wastes a bunch of time and opens up a massive hole in your defenses that allows me to swat you out of the air like a fly. Except the fly in this instance is your guts and kidneys.

Your hands and feet are weapons, newfag. We've always had discussions about martial arts on Jow Forums. It's related to the military and warfare. If you want to talk about competition fencing, you go to /sp/. If you want to talk about the type of fencing practiced by people who used it to kill other people, you come to Jow Forums.

Martial arts are just plan B once you don't have a gun, so stop hating

Attached: giphy.gif (320x240, 1.78M)

Akito is actually legit.
Anything coming our of Japan is tightly knit operation and the leaders are always home grown in Okinawa typically. Once you're a master, the head, your life consists nothing but traveling the world to each dojo.

Kendo is serious.
Kyodo is serious but extremely rare.
American sumogroups have sprout up, but they're going no where fast.

boxing and bjj
all other half-man chink shit is mcdojo boomer barbage

I do think boxing is just as useful as akito in terms of just getting exposure and learning to move.

A kick and grab to the testicles is about as deadly as it gets though.

>Kendo is serious.
Kendo is modern sports garbage, just like modern fencing. Kenjutsu is the actual Japanese study of swordfighting, good like finding an instructor for that in the States.
>Anything coming our of Japan is tightly knit operation and the leaders are always home grown in Okinawa typically
This is a lie. And even if it was true, it doesn't matter. The leader of the American Taekwondo association or whatever it's called is a "homegrown" Korean dude who has studied it his whole life. Doesn't change the fact that all of his taekwondo schools in America are games for little kids.

>Taekwondo
>Akito
This is why I said Japanese are tightly knit. You can't compare Japanese logistics to Korean. The difference in communication and discipline is astounding. Not to mention that Taekwondo has been degraded (if it hadnt been from the start) to a show and dance rutine.

As for Kendo, you Kenshitsu is superior, I admit, but it's still disciplined and more in-depth than it having a training regiment from Japanese swordplay.

Kenjutsu is even rare in Japan to the extent of participants nation wide in Japan. I know of maybe 1 kenjutsu school in my state and it's over 3 hours away as opposed to down the road or in every other major city.

The term martial art originally referred to European systems of sword fighting, which on the surface at least looked like and were structured like many of their Asian equivalence.

And yes some of them had mystical elements though that was limited since the church essentially had a monopoly on spirituality.

Most martial arts are designed as sports or as cultural/spiritual activities and have little to do with bar fights or duels.

> good like finding an instructor for that in the States.

If you live near a big city, particularly on the west coast it isn't that hard.

The term martial art originally referred to European systems of sword fighting, which on the surface at least looked like and were structured like many of their Asian equivalent.

And yes some of them had mystical elements though that was limited since the church essentially had a monopoly on spirituality.

(OP)
Most martial arts are designed as sports or as cultural/spiritual activities and have little to do with bar fights or duels.

Bruce Lee himself said a man training boxing and wrestling for 1 year could defeat a lifelong "martial artist"
Taekwondo and most variants of karate are not that great by themselves.
Joe Rogan talks about going from taekwondo to real kickboxing and mentions you dont learn how to get hit in the face properly so he had to learn to box.
Theres been a handful of karate guys that do well in MMA. But they dont only know karate, they learn multiple forms of striking, being MMA fighters

>FMA works
>therefore OP is wrong
> it doesn't count because muh honor and fairness!

Imo judo, jiu jitsu (especially no-gi) wrestling, and boxing are the most realistic and useful for street fighting.

Muay thai is cool and all and I love the fuck out of watching it but that upright posture and lack of head movement leaves you open to people with good boxing offence (Nate diaz and darren till did to cerrone) that are able to get past teeps and leg kicks.

>how dose a small man take down a bigger one
technique and training
>why cant Shoot 1000 meters like the snipers can
training and technique

>when it doesn't work
>AHAHAHA IT SUCKS
>when it works but they're asian
>no that doesn't count
>when it work and they're white
>wow ok every fighting style does that

Attached: 1543648970771.jpg (1263x1920, 701K)

Do you seriously believe nobody lands spinning kicks?
Watch some fucking MMA every once and a while.
People get absolutely leveled by spinning kicks. Spinning back fists and spinning back elbows as well.

Personally I'm not into that kind of shit as I just train jiu jitsu and boxing but spinning attacks are absolutely viable.

they're explicitly for show (and flexibility training) most of the time, hence the "art" part of martial art
they're also two completely different modes of fighting, martial arts have rules and judges and use points, self defense has no rules, just hurt and injure the other guy
the basics of grappling and striking apply no matter what kind of fighting you're doing

Heres video evidence
15 minutes of spinning attacks fucking up TRAINED people. First ko is 20 seconds in. Enjoy from there, lads.

youtu.be/6g7TpzTW7lQ

Fuck you really get a lot of torque with a spin.
Lots of those knockouts are absolutely filthy.

Martial arts is outdated as fuck and the only thing that is relevant still is boxing.
>Anyone who still uses martial arts is a tard. It's basically a meme now.

Just buy a gun or use a weapon
We didn’t become rulers of the Earth using our fists

All of those tards literally had their hands down asking to be knocked out. Combined with that retarded spinning shit. Clown shitshow.

>Akito is actually legit.
If you mean Aikido, then lmao no. It's literally half a step above tai chi in terms of practicality. Judo, ju jitsu, and the sub schools of karate that keep shit real are the only japanese HTH martial arts that are worth a damn. Just about everything else is garbage.

>user thinks he fights better than professional fighters that train full time and fight for a living
Of course buddy.

Attached: dana-white-twitter-660x400.jpg (660x400, 37K)

Some of them, yes. Most of them got caught because the spin throws you off and makes you react. You can deny it all you want. We all know your ignorant ass has never been in the cage let alone a real street fight.
Keep coping however you need to, armchair sensei.

>Asian martial arts in the West are a fucking joke and a scam.

I agree, here is a french webm about Arnis in the 60's. It's just an elaborate folk dance. Watch as the other guy even got hit at the last moment.

Attached: AcceptableQuarrelsomeCricket.webm (320x240, 461K)

It's like airsoft, if you've gotten used to getting hit by a stick, you'll get used to it so much that you'd be bad once it comes to bladed weapons.

They are sports indeed, but nothing is stopping you from using what you learned from them in self defence, like how you can use your baseball knowledge of knowing how to swing a baseball bat to smash someone's head in with a stick or throw a rock accurately at someone.

Its all about using the right application at the right moment. Anything can be a weapon if you use it right.

>Those retards are in a clown show. they are the equivalent to the wwe.
>The spin throws you off and makes you react. It's like one of those old boomer movies where he twists his arm in circles and the guy just stands there staring at it.

Attached: 8C82E4A6-DFCE-49E8-BBF9-AF92383D18F7.png (573x509, 173K)