QTDDTOT - Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

What is the quality/durability of these Vietnam era 20 round magazine bandoliers? They're really cheap online (like 7 or 8 bucks) so that kind of makes me think they are easy to wear down or break

Attached: 31GnhM042uL.jpg (500x500, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rXZCobDgC7o
youtube.com/watch?v=IECgdBWxN30
shockwavetechnologies.com/site/?p=3524
thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/11/daniel-zimmerman/atf-suffers-rare-court-loss-in-ohio-short-barrel-rifle-prosecution/
youtu.be/16ZSIkiXMuY
atlanticfirearms.com/products/jmac-sbr-barreled-diy-kit
ww
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

they were intended to be single-use

They're shitty aftermarket productions and will last about as long as you expect.

If it wears out just buy another they are so cheap, you probably wont wear it out, its durable enough to hold a bunch of 30 round mags so its decent.

What's the pistol to the right of the glok here?

Attached: 1552350987023.jpg (766x400, 43K)

They're supposed to be disposable, so take that as you will.

What are some options for picatinny rail mounted iron sights that are lower than the standard AR height?
So far I've looked at:
>Troy micros (too high)
>CZ Scorpion Evo irons (out of stock)
>LPA STFs & STBs (front sight not available in the US)
Are there any other options for lower than AR-height rail mounted iron sights?

It looks like a STAR B, but it has a grip safety so that's weird.

I have an original one because I collect Vietnam gear. It's pretty bad. The strap tears easily, and you really can't adjust it. It was never meant to be worn in the field like a traditional bandolier. In fact, it's marked "10rd clip". It's made to store and transport 5.56 clips. Not something you would be using to reload during battle, but it just so happens that 20rd magazines fit in them, so GI gonna GI.

You're supposed to use the safety pin to adjust them iirc

one of the million llama 1911 clone/derivatives. I could spot those brown plastic grips any day. They shoot alright but they're not parts compatible.

those things dont hold any magazines ever. they hold clips. not "clips"magazine fucking stripper clips. no mags will physically fit in them.

get those weirdo ones they make for the scr

Attached: 2clctu.jpg (1598x627, 369K)

they do if you pull the string out, which is what its for once you take the ammo out.

youtube.com/watch?v=rXZCobDgC7o
I dunno if these are the same thing, but it's kinda sensible, desu.

HK 416 sights are pretty low. Also, Lage Manufacturing makes some good pic mount sights that stupid low. They're adjustable, too.

I have an SCR lower. That front sight is fixed, and the ones they offer is a "clamp on". I have a railed hand guard.

Thank you. I'll take a look.

1) pre-ban AUG for collectibility and aesthetics

-- OR --

2) current production AUG for practicality

Can I put WBP polish parts into a standard Romanian receiver?

Would a nitride on a bended flat be cool and hip?

Attached: 1551584484108.gif (450x254, 1.79M)

only get the fixed optic for collector or die hard larping purposes, railed version for anything else.

Always current standard then collectibles

>die hard larping purposes

you've figured out my secret, user

Which of the thousands of 1911s should I get first?

I have one laying around, it's just a piece of cloth folded over and the sling adjusts with a fucking safety pin. I would consider it if I absolutely needed something to carry mags and had no other options. But at that point yo might as well go for a regular bag on a strap.

They're real, they're just garbage single-use packaging. Anyone who has been in the military can tell you that.

RIA FS HC

A doublestack 1911

A molle 2 bandolier is about the same price and much better.

Attached: 234187_ts.jpg (1155x1155, 148K)

Cobray m11 from '81, semi automatic. What's a fair price?

>digicam

Attached: 1549583480452.gif (450x338, 983K)

Good point. You need a much more asthetic camo pattern.

Attached: GAOPAT.jpg (1024x1024, 181K)

What type of buffer tube comes with the sba3? From what I can see it looks like a normal carbine buffer tube. If it is that what would be the legality of sticking a sba3 on a vltor system?

Llama .380
I know my shit guns pretty good

Im relatively new to guns, all i own is a 1911 .45 acp and love it. However i now plan on getting ccp and looking at different 9's for conceal carry. Is it worth the extra cash to get a CZ 75 or HK Vp9sk or since im new should i just get a standard glock? Also ive been invited elk hunting and have never owned a rifle, i saw recommended .22lr in sticky but my buddies said i should get .30-06 or 300 win mag. Any rec's on .30-06 that wont break the bank? i saw a ruger for 330 on gun.deals but doesnt come with optics which im completely clueless about. Also im military, what are the best places for discounts? Thank you in advance.

anybody knows the story behind this?

youtube.com/watch?v=IECgdBWxN30

Attached: ar_blows_up.png (769x545, 533K)

It is a standard tube. Most sites say 5 position, but I think I've heard of 6 position tubes. Should fit on what you want to use.

Any bandolier/mag pouch/whatevs suitable for sten mags with the feel and look of the one in OP's pic

Standard milspec tube. Should be legal on any buffer tube as long as the "length of pull" at full extension doesn't exceed 13.5", or if you have some sort of pin/spacer (e.g. pic related, cut to fit) to prevent extending it over 13.5". It may or may not be legal if it can be extended beyond that limit.

There's apparently an internal ATF rule establishing a 13.5" maximum "length of pull" for a brace -- according to a phone conversation, exceeding this puts a brace in a "gray area." This rule has never been made public by ATF -- the only written record we have is Shockwave's blog post referring to this phone conversation, and various people quoting and referencing that post..
shockwavetechnologies.com/site/?p=3524

ATF brought charges against some guy for modifying his brace to exceed 13.5", but it turned out the ATF were measuring wrong -- ATF lost, but the fact that they've never publicly stated this supposed rule was brought up by the defense, and it's not clear whether they'd have won if the length was actually over 13.5" as they claimed.
thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/11/daniel-zimmerman/atf-suffers-rare-court-loss-in-ohio-short-barrel-rifle-prosecution/

Attached: stock stop.jpg (1000x667, 55K)

So I have the opportunity to buy a keltek RDB for 825 plus tax and the guy said he'd give me a deal on a 1-6 to go with it. Do I buy?
Have the matching RFB at home already and an ar. And outside of a few online stores this guy has it beat once you add in s&h and transfer fees mostly just want to know if the saved wait time is worth the ~$50 difference

Thanks, vltor with sba3 comes out to less than 13.5 according to vltor so any future dogs I own should be good.

>inb4 atf sends dog terminating cyborgs from the future

Challenge time Jow Forums
Is it possible to buy just 1 gun, and mix and match easily detachable bolt on parts to qualify for 4 IPSC Divisions; Production, Production Optics, Standard and Open? From production to full racegun with allen wrenches and philips heads and the like in less than 15min

Attached: 1529194531454.jpg (500x528, 46K)

pls help

Yes
No

then whats a good finish? cerakote? idk what i can do at home. its going to be a beater

Well what's your barrel?

Use black engine enamel on the whole fucker. I finished a few builds with that stuff several years back and it holds up well if you do a good job putting it on.

They’re memes, get an actually chest rig from a reputable manufacturer

Anybody know some good defense JHP 45 ACP rounds for a colt 1911 80’s govt model? I hear 1911s are picky with JHP ammo or it might be the magazines. I have chip McCormick mags and colt stock mags, they were not reliable initially but after putting more than 1000 rounds through each of them, they are consistently working each time at least with FMJ 230 grain

Attached: 14D2F788-04CC-4295-AA23-259057893917.jpg (1536x2048, 545K)

Well I liked the compactness of the AR15 in vid related
youtu.be/16ZSIkiXMuY so I'm getting some cheapo pdw stock
I like the aesthetic that this kit brings
atlanticfirearms.com/products/jmac-sbr-barreled-diy-kit
And want to put an extended MI m lok handguard on it

RIA 1911 GI model bare bones. ~$500

Springfield/Kimber/Colt ~$800

Les Baer/Wilson Combat/Dan Wesson ~arm and a leg

>double stack 1911 as first 1911

Hope you’re trolling or just a plain dumbass

Attached: F522D8EE-3E24-442D-BFB2-0DC6FF17099D.jpg (400x400, 27K)

So I went ahead and picked it up
Got the rifle for 825 and a truglow omnia 1-6x for 250... how'd i do?

That's basically the core concept of the AR-15.

The latter.

But wants you get used to it fine.

I really wish there was a single/double mag 1911 like what that new HiPoint does.

Are you off your ADD medication? I need a straight answer

Rifle: get the 22lr

Pistol: any modern striker fired polymer pistol today will do. Go to the range and try each type to feel which one is right

t.glock fag

Attached: 9C97E979-763D-4BB5-A6D7-A6799543B704.jpg (2048x1536, 1.15M)

dubs decides what my next C&R purchase will be

Attached: 1552416571649.jpg (576x1024, 63K)

Winchester 1895 in 7.62x54r

any good place to find mag pouches for uzi/colt 9mm magazines? also will German mp40 pouches work for them?

Ask me how l know you havnt served

Thats 4 pocket bandoleers, OPs pic is 7 pocket bandoleer meant for clips or can fit 20 rd mags you fucking mongoloid.

Attached: unnamed.jpg (1268x1174, 132K)

gray polymer lower and/or upper

I feel like a retard. does 1x mean 0 magnification or 100% magnification? I google it and find both of these answers

thanks

Attached: 20190312_160435.jpg (720x692, 176K)

That image is retardedly wrong

First gun I'm getting is a Ruger 10/22
What should my next gun be

Hey guys, I'm looking to get some new shoes so I'd like some recommendations. I have two pairs of boots so boots are covered, I'm looking for shoes. Durable shoes I can run and hike in. Waterproofing isn't mandatory. Brands, shoes, cautionary tales, loving words of encouragement, you name it.

Currently I wear the keens at the top of pic related. I really like them and it's the second pair I have owned. So far the construction is durable but I'm wearing through the sole after two years of daily use. Honestly, I can keep wearing them, they aren't even totally fucked yet. I want to try something new though, but I might just end up getting a third pair.

The vasque's (second from the top) were good while they lasted. The leather separated from the sole in the same spot on two pairs. They discontinued that line and came out with the 2.0, which apparently has the same problem. So vasque is off the list.

That brings me to Merrell. My concern is that I have heard the soles are soft and wear out quickly. I've heard that online, and the salesperson told me that when I was originally going to buy some merrells (they showed me the keens and it's been keens for five years now). I have also heard that merrells are good shoes, and I have heard from people on here that keens are bad. If they are correct, and keens are bad but merrells are good, then merrells would be exceptional by my standards. But that contradicts everything else I have read, and the complaints about keens are things I haven't experienced after owning them for so long.

Finally that brings me to the Oboz. My friend got some and he really liked them, he came up to me and showed them off so I'm guessing they were a big hit. I haven't heard anything bad about them but I haven't heard anything specifically good beyond "I like them."

I had some North Face shoes a while back and they were also good and durable.

Attached: shewcollage.png (670x1586, 978K)

Can you buy a gun if you're on SSI neetbux for autisms or wil the background check not go through because retards aren't allowed to have funs?

Attached: image.png (1094x575, 93K)

>truglow omnia 1-6x for 250
That's more than retail for a new one.

Nah you're all good my autistic friend. Go buy yourself something.

Is it bad that I'm starting to lose my interest and reliance on modern optics like my aimpoint in favor of iron sights? As time goes on I sort of just prefer the simplicity and shedding the reliance on batteries, even if they last a long ass time. Adds weight and bulk to my rifkes and I'd rather just stick to a Keep Ir Simple Stupid philosophy. Also, what is the goldeb standard for irons these days?
Am I turning into a fudd?

Fudds exclusively use glass and beads so idk where you fucking came from but git newfag
Or lurk moar

>beads aren't a form of iron sight
>levergats
>implying there aren't deer rifles with irons
You just wanted to be a cunt and feel good about it. Fuck you.

These are just a sack of hot garbage.

>implying you were talking about beads
>implying you were talking about taking a red dot off a lever action lmfao
>implying they aren't dying a very very fast death due to their unpopularity
No, I think I was right on target with those

Attached: 5475f07b98fe34f609a8e5f46ead6b85--the-frog-frogs.jpg (473x500, 29K)

Bout tree fiddy id say

Fudds love putting scopes on lever actions.

>frogposting retard mental gymnastics

Yes but not always.

Not from what I can see at a casual google search
I got the truglo Omnia not the tru-brite, and the 1-6 seems to be about 250ish, unless you have a link to somewhere I'm missing?

Yes always. Now shut the fuck up.

It's not much cheaper and it looks like other places have it for even higher. He seems a little jewish asking that much for a used scope though.
ww w.budsgunshop. com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/26_99/products_id/712015250/TRUGLO+SCOPE+OMNIA+1-6X24+30MM+IR+PKG

ww w.amazon. com/TRUGLO-Tru-Brite-1-6x24-Model-TG8516TL/dp/B072L3HKCW

probably an out of battery discharge

>yes but not always
Jesus Christ what a cope

Fuck man, I remember when gold nugget surplus had those fuckers like, 5 for 2$ or something. I bought a bunch just because they were stupid cheap. Theyre pretty durable but they certainly arent magazine pouches. Theyre designed to hold ammo on stripper clips and you can rip the white string out of them to hold mags if you need to but theyre not really intended for much more than resupply.

If you pull the toggle on the Ruger out of battery, what happens when you pull the trigger? Does it just smack the round into the chamber, light primer strike, act as a temporarily open bolt handgun?

Luger*

Nah, I have questions that have yet to be answered.
>cope
The only thing I'm coping with is continued exposure to your insufferable autism and stupidity until my other questions are answered.

>Nah, I have questions that have yet to be answered.
I already answered your question. Now answer a question for me. When you coming over to suck this dick?

When you present it OwO
Seriously though what's the best set of irons you can get.

I have the magpul pro LR rear sight and a YHM front sight but I'm looking for a more low-pro front sight and the rear sight doesn't lock in the up position and I don't like that. On my next build I'm going to use an LMT fixed rear and I haven't figured out which front sight yet.

I was planning on buying a ruger 10/22 some time in the future for my first gun since they're cheap to buy and use cheap ammo, and for the most part people here seem to agree that it;s a good idea. However, I had one user tell me that 10/22 wasn't that great of a 22 and that I should buy something else. Was he just baiting, or are there other 22s that I should be aware of?

Thank you!

Do you want to actually be competitive in all 4 divisions? Because if not, it's really easy -- let's go with an M.O.S. G19:
Production: Naked with G19 mags (or larger mags loaded to 15 rounds)
Production Optics: With red-dot and G19 mags (or larger mags loaded to 15 rounds)
Standard: Naked with G17 mags (or whatever other mags fit in the box) loaded to capacity
Open: With red-dot, threaded barrel with whatever screwed on (or just an extended ported barrel), rail-mounted weight with thumb rest, and any mags you like under the 170mm limit (i.e. up to 27-round)
See? it's easy. You should be able to accomplish pretty much the same with any optic-ready gun on the Production List, although if you change back and forth a lot, you're really gonna want a second slide for the optic -- you'd wear out the optic mounting screws in short order (if you don't lose them first), but you can swap slides forever. And if you do use a second slide, then the gun doesn't even need to be optic-ready.

>4 IPSC Divisions; Production, Production Optics, Standard and Open
>core concept of the AR-15
Yeah, I don't think it'll fit the Standard box, pic related.
If you were actually thinking of IPSC rifle, note that the rifle division structure is completely different -- there is no "Production", discrimination of optics vs. irons is rolled into the Standard/Open separation, and there is discrimination on action type (Semi Auto vs. Manual Action vs. Manual Action Lever Release)

When I was an iar gunner I used two of these (they gave me 21 mags and only 3 double mag pouches). I still have them somewhere around here. They work well and hold 8 mags a piece.

Forgot pic

Attached: ipsc-box-image-02-web-square-1482511639385.jpg (799x800, 255K)

Rolling for 7.63mm C96

New in box broski, scope and RDB

Ayyyyyyy!

So got home and put the omnia on my RFB and switched the place holder AR/223 off it on to my RDB, please ignore photo bombing corgi he's an attention whore

Attached: 20190312_213906.jpg (4032x3024, 3.46M)

>please ignore photo bombing corgi
NO
He's a good boi.

a Glock 19