Are .380 pistols worth buying?

> Be out drinking with a drinking with a couple of buddies who are both ex-military
> Tell them I am thinking about buying a .380 pistol for EDC
> Get laughed at
>"user, .380's don't have any power. You need at least a 9mm to kill someone."

Is it worth buying either of pic related? Or are .380 a meme?

Attached: 380.png (723x315, 183K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GNtPHYwcDts
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ask anyone who has ever been shot by a .380 if they can’t stop an attacker.

.380 is good at its job
providing you with compact firepower in a small case, when other wise you have no firepower at all
if you conceal carry a lot, or carry in thin clothing, then .380 might have merit

however, .380 can and does kill people
dont laugh at it unless you are willing to get hit by one
especially at the close ranges you are likely using .380 at
the issues probably come from compact pistols being hard to fire due to their small size and weight, but this is common to all subcompacts not .380

Every caliber is effective if you are using it for the right reasons

>Spectrum
No.
>LCP2
Sure. Really nice little pocket pistol, pretty cheap and easy to carry.

.380 beats a sharp stick and has less recoil than a 9mm
But really micronines have mostly outshone them in the market so .380 prices may rise in the future

9mm used to be the bare minimum, but ammo has improved in recent years. .380 is now the bare minimum, but pocket 9s give you an option that is superior in most respects.

Still, if you need something smaller than a pocket 9, an .380 will do. I wouldn't laugh at you unless you carried a .32 or .25, in which case you might as well go down to a .22.

Great for super compact. Inb4 the inevitable retard pretending there are 9mm options that can go as small and thin as 380s.

Attached: 20171026_163702.jpg (2208x1224, 801K)

With how small they make some 9mms now, I'd rather go with a sub compact 9 or a snubby .38 +P over a .380. They work and they're effective, but with how much power you can pack in compact packages now, just get the bit more punch.

380 has killed tens of millions of people with just one round. Nukes are a joke compared to it.

I carry an LCP2 most of the time. I'm not allowed to carry at work and tend to wear light clothes most of the time so a small gun is essential.

I don't feel undergunned with it, if you practice enough to put shots on target then that's all that matters.

Mag dump .380 into a mugger and it will kill him dead.

I carry an LC9-s because I'm fat and I can hide one. My dad carries an LCP, and the damn thing disappears into shorts.

He can laugh all he wants; If I needed to carry where I'm not permitted to do so, I'd trade out, because that .380's going to be hard to find without a strip search.

Yes. Most 9mms are too small to fit in your pocket and those that are tend to be surprisingly snappy when you can only fit two fingers on a narrow ass 12oz gun. When shot out of a pocket gun .380 is certainly lethal(readily capable of 12" plus), and 9mm does not contain any magical increase in stopping power in comparison. They're both just hole punches after all. The .380 suddenly becomes the equal capacity, marginally lower expansion, much easier to make quick hits with under realistic circumstances choice in this platform. .380 vs 9mm in a pocket gun is pretty much the same argument as 9mm vs .40 in a compact. Neither are optimal but moving up costs you more in terms of ease of use than it gives you in terms of per shot performance.
youtube.com/watch?v=GNtPHYwcDts

I've carried a 2nd gen LCP + Desantis Nemesis in my velcro scrubs pocket for about 4 years now. Just bought an LCP II, but haven't taken it out to the range yet. Looking forward to carrying it though with how sweet the trigger is. If I'm not in scrubs, my primary carry is a Glock 19 in an OWB leather pancake holster because I don't care if people know I'm carrying when I'm not working

It'll kill somebody, that's for sure. Knew a guy growing up who took one to the chest, and he's not with us anymore.

If it spits lead it's better than spit.

based and gavrilopilled

your friends are retarded.
and being ex-military doesnt mean you know fuckall.

>Buy .380 and 9mm
>Shoot him with both, each in different shoulders
>Ask him if he can tell a difference
Only way to solve it, user.

Ur buddies are dumb. Hence why the joined ZOG force

Also, get .32 acp