Do I fall for the (((collector))) gun meme

Contemplating buying a P7. It would be far and above the most expensive gun I own. It is just a meme or truly awesome? I've grown tired of the endless polymer striker fired incantations and already own the relevant 1911, Hi Power, CZ, Berettas, etc...

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 75K)

fuck off, Jow Forums

It's a hobby you should only focus your opinion towards so do what you want with your money. You're only trying to impress yourself in the end. As for my, a random stranger on the internet, opinion I'd say get fucked you sniveling cunt with your weepy ass blog post.

Do it, faggot.

Good Goy

Do you have the cash to burn? You could just sell it later, I don't see the P7 market imploding anytime soon.

Yes spend your hard earned shekels for it.

It's a great gun, really cool operation, fun to shoot, points well, very accurate. One of my favorite handguns. I'm an HK fanboy though and guns are my hobby and passion, so YMMV

P7s deserve to be used, not collected. It's value is that it is still considered one of the better options for CC, with its price due to scarcity as its one glaring detriment.

Why would you wear up a pistol where original mags cost 80-120USD?

Still think the P7 safety grip bar thing is brilliant and belongs on all dao pistols instead of shitty trigger bars
>gives you a better trigger pull
>virtually impossible to nd
>like a manual safety but without the lever you'd have to actuate, can point it on safe and grip the bar when you want to shoot not before
HK must be sitting on the patent, else we'd surely have seen copycat blowback pistols with grip bars by now.

I've had the P7 PSP and the P7 M8.
Very accurate and easy to shoot.
The big downside and a serious one: It gets hot really fast.
Even the M8's plastic heat shield gets really hot.
Mag changes are liquid smooth with the M8. Such a shame after a few mags it's too hot to handle.
As a carry gun: Awesome.
Range toy: Not so much.

Don't carry it, it's a fantastic pistol but you risk damaging or losing it if you use it for anything beyond casual range use

Nobody makes a decent holster for it. Its not that fun to shoot. Cleaning is annoying. There are much much better guns for the same price. It's absolutrly ovepriced except as a collector item. Good luck getting spare parts for it.
Might be a decent investment time that you can sell in a decade or two.

Wrong. Comp-Tac makes an awesome holster for it.

I was in your shoes 15m ago and I fell for the meme. Honestly, its not worth it as a shooter. I love owning it for the aesthetics and mechanical curiosity. I agree with all of the other points made against it except it's not difficult to clean.

Attached: h&kayyylmao.jpg (3242x1848, 1.51M)

Do it. I love mine. Even bought one made in 88 for shits and giggles. Regretably HK marks it as an II date code, not an HH. Keep in mind though, people aren't joking when they say the gun gets hot. It gets fucking blazing hot after like 40 rounds. I recommend getting a pair of gloves to shoot it with.

pic related

Attached: 1551691656167.jpg (4032x3024, 3.68M)

I think it's fine if it isn't your only gun.
>Cleaning is annoying
This is a great point I think most people tend to ignore about guns. The most popular ones are fairly simple to take apart and put back together for cleaning.

>This is a great point I think most people tend to ignore about guns.
I honestly enjoy the extra step in cleaning the P7. It's really satisfying to use the scraper to clean out the gas chamber. It is a bit annoying that it has to be cleaned so often though. Mine needs to be cleaned after every second range trip because the slide becomes impossible to rack from all the fouling in the gas chamber.

you like your expert?

Once you start collecting, it's hard to justify quitting. I bought two Saigas back when they were stupid cheap, and now I have five Russian AKs thanks to the ban making me want to flesh out my little collection as much as possible before you can only find them on Gunbroker.

I've heard they're nice, but that the top of your trigger finger can get pretty toasty.

>the top of your trigger finger can get pretty toasty
The M8 heatshield makes that a non-issue desu. The problem then become the top of the grip cocking lever and the thumb of your support hand.

I get that, we all have that some guns that suck time wise with. Typically that's just because you didn't know how much that was going to suck. Assembly and disassembly isn't really a marketing feature that often for cleaning. Some guns have some nice features to them where it's kind of considered worth it. I would probably gravitate more towards easier to take apart and clean kind of stuff if I knew that as a caveat emptor when getting the thing. It seems like a minor issue until your life becomes a time crunch or you shoot it so often and don't want to stick to a routine for reasons.