NY-Fag semiauto rifle options

Hey dudes and other

So I’m a my fag and was looking for a handy semi-auto rifle in a cheap caliber, preferably a rifle caliber (most obviously .223, 7.62x39 coming second)

I’ve been browsing and narrowed it down to a few main choices
1) Fightlite SCR lower + what ever upper I want
+variablility of uppers
-lowers are scare and relatively expensive

2)mini 14
+avalible, well known
-expensive, inaccurate, not modular, proprietary mags

3) SAIGA .223 with Monte Carlo stock
+a bit cheaper than mini-14/scr, reliable and rugged system
-less common parts, still kind of hard to find

4)keltec SU16ca
+cheap! Reliable and accurate enough, takes AR Mags
-hard to find, flimsy af (not rugged)

5) SKS
+simple and reliable
-overpriced milsurp

Right now I’m leaning towards a saiga because of the cool factor and general ok reviews. But also the su16ca, if I can find one, seems to be a gun that would suit my needs regardless of the plastic-y stuff

Alternatively I might save more and buy an SCR for future modularity. Uppers are cheaper that whole rifles.

Anyone got any input? Own any of these rifles? Maybe other rifles I should consider? Lemme know what you guys have bought/want to buy, what went down, etc.
Also, if it’s worth buying any of these used or not. I imagine a used su16 is a no go, but a used saiga is more ok.

Love,
user

Attached: 7EF73278-7FDA-436E-9D31-EF5C6E0C2740.jpg (800x161, 17K)

i live in CT and i picked up a ruger PCC

>Mini 14
>inaccurate
Why do you keep perpetuating this? Has been fixed for years now. New production Mini 14s have a thicker profile barrel, not the pencil barrel the old ones used to have. Accustrut it for even more accuracy gains. How can you call the SU16 "accurate enough" but call the Mini-14 inaccurate?

SCR = Saiga .223 > Mini 14 => SKS, fuck the kel tec

You can modify your Saiga to take standard AK mags, you might want to consider 922r compliance although most people don't really worry about it. Until you do that, Saiga mags will be more expensive and less common than standard AK mags, negating this advantage over the Mini-14. Furthermore, the factory trigger in my Saiga 7.62x39 was hot fucking garbage with more trigger slap than any other AK I've ever shot. There probably won't be a solution to this which allows you to keep the standard NY compliant configuration. A bad trigger will negatively effect your accuracy, not to mention the AK isn't a match rifle to begin with. It's plenty accurate for conscripts on a battlefield, but it probably isn't much more accurate than newer model Mini-14s. For those two reasons alone, I would recommend you look into a newer manufacture Mini-14 with an Accustrut. I'm an AK guy, I own several including the Saiga you are looking at and I'll be honest that in your situation and based on your criteria, you are probably better off with a Mini-14. Take that advice for what you will.

Oh, and the Fightlite is a great option but it doesn't work with EVERY single upper available. It works with standard 5.56/.223/.224 Wylde/300 Blackout and the like, but I don't think it can take for example the 5.7 upper of .50 Beowulf or other uppers like that.

Soz bro didn’t mean to perpetuate the meme, just info I generally collected online

I've been strongly recommending the PCC as a great ban state option. Unless you *really* need to sling 5.56, the PCC represents everything you need a self-defense/SHTF rifle to be - accurate, portable, reliable, simple, and flexible.

That said, I own a Mini-14 and love it, too. It's tremendously reliable and modern ones are more than accurate enough.

You could also add an M1A/M14 clone or the ban state version of the RDB to the list if you wanted.

Attached: mypccarbine.jpg (3024x4032, 2.28M)

agreed. 9mm is the most common ammunition in the US, and glock magazines are probably the most common handgun magazines. on top of all that, it's a takedown. great shtf rifle

>complying
Kek. But the SKS is unironically better than the rest of that shit list.

It's cool, I don't really have a dog in the fight with the Mini. I have shot them and considered buying an older folder for the A-Team/Miami Vice appeal but the inaccuracy is generally overstated when it comes to the newer models.

Actually, this is something I should consider. I think the appeal of 5.56 rifles overall is the avaliblity of the ar15 platform over the cartridge itself. But since things are less avalible here in NY, I kinda have to go out of my way for a 5.56 rifle thus defeating the main advantage. When I think about it, besides mid-long range lead slinging, a 9mm covers most of the bases a 5.56 would while being cheaper to buy and feed...

Ur making me think, user...

I just purchased a ny legal riley defense ak from atlantic firearms and added some tacticool furniture.

Attached: e4a7bd99-49a7-41ea-8c7b-88265308e6d0.jpg (960x1280, 130K)

you should move

3) I own a (for now) unconverted Saiga 7.62 and two converted Saiga 12's. They're great converted with a ton of options depending on budget (basic tapco shit or AK-100 folding stock conversion with cuck holes welded up) but if you can't convert it then it's just a shitty AK platform hunting rifle with a horrible bullpup-style linkage bar trigger. Positive is that they probably won't import more so they can be a good investment and if you add a bullet guide you can use 30 round mags. Sad part is that it's like buying an HK USC/SL8 and never turning it into a UMP/G36 clone.

5) Who doesn't love SKS'?

I can't imagine living in a cuck state or complying but if you can find a good deal on either I'd go for it. GB is full of people trying to sell Saiga's for ridiculous prices but I've gotten two this year both lnib, rifle for $600 and shotgun for $725.

Bozhe moi

Attached: 10672421_4803626465738_5882620951686434654_n.jpg (600x640, 87K)

That's not the worst ban compliant rifle I have ever seen. Looks like a basic AWB compliant model pre-04 but with synthetic furniture.

Converting the saiga is exactly what I would do if I end up moving, which I probably will within 10 years.
I really like the aK platform, and I also like .223. How does the saiga feed cheap wolf ammo?
Also, is the trigger really that bad? Would it be worth dealing with it for long enough to eventually improve it, or is it so shitty I’d hate it? How’s it compare to a mosin? Obviously I should go check it out in person but I’m just tryna gauge while I’m here.

Attached: 274D50F1-383B-49E1-B49E-68CE0B4D12B0.jpg (960x883, 158K)

This actually looks like a pretty good little carbine. Throw a 33rnd glock mag on there and youre g2g

I really need to convert my 5.45 Saiga and get my 7.62 cerakoted. They're fantastic guns. When you do go to convert it though, get a NATO length stock. I'm 5'7 and I feel like the Warsaw stock is just a little too short. Saigas are great guns but lately I've been more into AR's and pistol shooting.

I would definitely still recommend getting one if you can get it for a good price. Some people want an arm and a leg because they aren't imported and others sell them for what they should sell for.

The trigger is terrible but it's usable. If you have ever heard people complain about bullpup triggers, it's the same principle because they function the same way. Squishy, long pull, bad reset but it works. If you may convert it someday, it's not a huge deal, but they were imported with the intention of being converted.

I've never shot a .223 AK but shooting Wolf won't be a problem.

if you have the funds readily available, keep an eye on GB and search saiga 223 or saiga 7.62, etc. whichever you prefer or willing to settle on and select price low to high. Right now there's two .223's for $600.

One thing, mag well dimples aren't really important but they are desirable because they don't look like WASR's. I got my 7.62x39 for so cheap because it's slabside but on the other hand I won my 12 as the only bidder and got it for starting bid.

what rifle is that? looks awfully familiar

Ruger Pistol Caliber Carbine or PCC.
Takes glock mags.

I sure like mine

Attached: IMG_0599vvv.jpg (756x1008, 349K)

I think I just threw up a little, and I live in New York.