Hello Jow Forums I am from England and have never shot a gun before. This makes me extremely depressed...

Hello Jow Forums I am from England and have never shot a gun before. This makes me extremely depressed. Please can you post some stories of shooting guns, I feel like it could cheer me up a bit.

Attached: 1530139523011.jpg (1024x767, 63K)

Attached: 2733457048cb6749848e1637bb1688bb--benelli-m-guns-and-ammo.jpg (736x913, 123K)

Attached: main-qimg-f9219ecf7c7555caf26734cf93f2856c-c.jpg (575x209, 27K)

Attached: 1466746353410.jpg (3264x2448, 3.2M)

Attached: 1473058919579.jpg (720x339, 73K)

Come in France, it's not really the greatest country for guns, but it's still better than all the UK (except North Ireland).

Attached: 340.jpg (1200x771, 624K)

Attached: 1474838370330.jpg (604x403, 76K)

I would very much like to Emigrate from here but have very little money to do so and don't know the first thing about the process, I have never even left my county.

>be shooting guns a month ago
>landlord and his family have half a dozen kids running around
>they are good kids, there's just a lot of them to watch
>two kids start sperging out on the older guns
>turns out they love to dress up in period correct gear and LARP
>they get to shoot a Type 38 Arisaka, M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, MAS 7.5mm bolt action, and a Mosin
>they are loving it
>corner of my eye, I see a kid having trouble with my 9mm
>cartridge won't chamber
>turns out the kid had a squib and he had no idea what it was
>bullet thankfully was close enough to the chamber to prevent the next round from loading
>begin silently freaking out at how close this kid was to a serious injury

Attached: 2019-02-24 16.31.27.jpg (857x732, 339K)

Part 2
>ask the kid where he got the 9mm ammo
>"My dad loaded the magazine for me"
>find dad
>dad explains that he gets his ammo from a local named Fuzz
>Fuzz literally gives away his reloads for free, it turns out
>I explain how his kid almost got injured from the squib, how close of a call that was
>"Oh, that happens sometimes with Fuzz's ammo, don't worry about it. Pound it out with a screwdriver, no problem."
>I tell him not to shoot his ammo in my guns anymore
>"I can't afford to shoot that factory stuff like you, rich guy, haha"
>the irony of a landowner telling this to a wageslave, but whatever
Never trust boomers is the moral of the story, they don't care about their kids, they don't care about your guns, and they will give you dangerous ammo without mentioning anything. Never accept their reloads. Pic related, this is how close that kid was to danger. Otherwise it was a great day, full of guns and dirtbikes.

Attached: 2019-02-24 21.02.21.jpg (1885x1060, 1.15M)

Take a trip to Czech Republic: there's all sorts of ranges where you can shoot cool stuff. The women are hot, the beer and food are cheap and delicious.

Lead poisoning travels through

To me having a large group of kids running around unsupervised with access to live guns seems like a recipe for disaster, nevermind the malfunction. Nonetheless, I don't know the first thing about your culture so I can't really comment.
I assume a squib is a bullet stuck in the barrel? How did this happen? What caused Fuzz's ammo to behave like this? What could of happened if the kid managed to fire another round? (If even possible)

It was a bit of a wild west type of day at the range, no doubt. I would have been a lot more tight with the guns, but the kids were all being supervised individually by their own parents for the most part, and I was more acting as a range safety officer type, helping clear jams and post targets and such. A squib is a bullet that doesn't have enough force to leave the barrel, usually due to three things: either old faulty ammo, ammo that got wet, or somebody forgot to put gun powder inside the case when they were reloading their own ammo. This is what happened with Fuzz, he was going so fast on the reloading press he must have forgotten to skip a charge on one case. Thankfully, the bullet only went one or two millimeters into the barrel, so there wasn't enough room for the next round to chamber. If it had gone farther into the barrel, and the kid pulled the trigger on a live round behind it, the live round would fire and compress into the stuck round and detonate the gun in the kids hand. Sometimes these detonation are completely harmless, and sometimes they mangle your hands. Depends on your luck and the construction of that brand of pistol.

I was happy to help the two little nerds LARP though, I saw a young me in them. That was cool. I like teaching kids to shoot.

Attached: 2019-01-08 09.05.26.jpg (1226x1226, 1.02M)

This is what happened with Fuzz, he was going so fast on the reloading press he must have forgotten to skip a charge on one case.
This should read "he must have forgotten to charge one case."

You can own a Q The Fix in England.

Attached: Q-TP-FIX-308-Right-Closed_2048x2048.jpg (2048x1077, 133K)

Nice illegal SBR lol

>be Floridian Super-Race
>skip class my senior year to go hog hunting with my friend that morning
>I bring a Win. 94 and he brought a Lee Enflield Mk. 4
>we go out to this dense forested area inland and park up at about 5am
>decide that rather than sit in stands and bait like pussies we’d be real men and actually stalk something
>5 hrs pass with 1 missed shot from him at one about 80 yards away, and multiple getting away before we had a clear shot on them.
>PigNiggersHadAGoodSenseOfSmell.jpeg
>finally we hear squeeling and oinking about 30-40 yards to our rear.
>we slowly start to circle around it and as we get to the clearing we see a small piglet alone.
>goddamnit.jpeg
>we thought about going away, but... We came with a goal and by god we were gonna achieve it.
>buddy goes prone and sets up a muddy mound, I rest my rifle on a tree limb.
>3
>2
>1
>*insert picture of obliterated piglet*
>buddy does a mad minute drill and literally throws bits of hog everywhere.
>we take carcass and put it down by waters edge for the gators to consume.
>not my proudest kill..but a hog is a hog and I have no regrets since they’re invasive.
>inb4 butthurt animal lover comments about being unethical.
We killed it with the first shots and it was far too small to get any real meat out of. I think in total probably about a 20-25lb piglet. We did the ecosystem a favor.

How is his build illegal?

Looks like a fin to me

Cheers, this post cleared up a lot of my confusion. This type of experience is almost alien to me though, I would love to take part in something like this, especially regarding old surplus guns like the ones you mentioned. Having free access to enjoy history like that must be great. I'm very jealous.

'Can' doesn't mean 'Feasible' though. Not only does a rifle like that cost upwards of thousands of bong dollars. The legal hellhole of regulation, licensing and strict usage means that unless you are an upper class landowner with money to burn, it might as well be illegal anyway.
Plus the whole thing is just one huge cock-tease, I want to have fun dumping an AK at targets, not pretending I'm some biathlon fag with an Apple-tier rifle.

Join the Army Reserve as an infanteer.
> get mentally robust
> get physically fit (do this beforehand)
> get very high quality tuition on skill at arms and shooting
> get to shoot rifles, pistols, gpmgs, mortars
> learn how to survive in the field, admin yourself, and all round infantry skills
> get to go abroad to far off lands and shoot shit
> take part in large dynamic exercises
> option to go on deployments and tours
> dont go in if you dont feel like it
> make a bunch of mates
> get paid for all of the above
> never pay for ammo, training or fuel

I literally got back from a month and a half in Kenya playing enemy for a reg infantry battlegroup. Spent half the time in legers playing cards, drinking pop and smoking questionable Kenyan cigarettes. 10/10 would unironically recommend.

OP here, these were all just pics of cool gun stuff I have saved. None of the guns are mine, although I would like to know what makes this an 'illegal' build? From my time lurking here I would imagine it has something to do with the combo of a short barrel and collapsible stock? Or is it something else?

I have considered doing this but doubt I would be accepted on Physical and Mental health grounds. Long term debilitating depression and anxiety and a half-fucked left Achilles tendon. Also, you have seen the state of our current recruitment campaign right? I don't want anything to do with those types of people, nevermind have to work with them. Had enough of that shit trying to go back to college as an adult.

You aren't supposed to modify them

Right, of course. My mistake. :^)

>Cheers
Checked m8, and you're welcome. I do feel very lucky to be able to enjoy this type of freedom in the 21st century, and I hope I can continue to enjoy this freedom for a long time. If you ever travel to the US, post a thread, I might see it. You are welcome to shoot some guns here on the ranch. Maybe you can tell me a story about the hurdles it takes to own a gun as a bong, or how difficult it would be to go to the shooting range and even rent a rifle for an hour.

Attached: Treaded.jpg (1366x768, 665K)

Mate I went to the states for a long weekend and met some lads whom I convinced to take me to their range and shoot. Was fucking fantastic. If I did it you can do it.
And look up shooting clubs near you. Shooting here is shite compared to the yanks but you can absolutely shoot if you want.

> depression
I had depression for years mate. If anything the reserves will help, cus youll develop really strong friendships, gain a lot of self confidence and know how to deal with stuff better mentally. Worked for me.
> recruiting campaign
Dont judge a book by its cover. The army is, on the inside, one of the most right wing organisations we have left, even more so in the infantry. Nobody pays any attention to the PC bollocks, its just an embarrassment.

Obviously each to their own, but youd get a lot more out of life than sitting on here wishing you could actually shoot stuff. I was doing the exact same before i joined.

britbong here fired my first gun at the age of 10 at chatsworth fair, fast forward 12 years now a member of nottingham district gun club

It sounds good with the way you put it lad, I have absolutely zero direction in life and am a complete social recluse so to get out and experience the world with a bunch of bro's would be fantastic, but all's I've ever heard is horror stories about army life, and I'm honestly not to sure if I could hack it. Let's say I wanted to find out more on the reserves though, what would my best starting point be? Talk to a recruiter? What should I expect?

> all ive heard are horror stories
In the regs you have to do what your told and go where youre sent; in the reserve you have the option to do stuff but dont have to. Minimum commitment is 27 days a year across week nights, weekends and an annual camp but most blokes average 50+ days. Yes there are shit taskings occassionally and some of it can be shit, but its the sort of stuff where you look back on it as a good time.
> best way to find information
The army website will give you the billy basics of what the process is like, and from there recruiters can go more in depth. If youre interested, best thing to do is have a look at reserve units near you, see what they do and if that sounds like your cup of tea, call them up and go in for a chat.

By far the longest thing is the application process, i.e medicals and that sort of thing, but if youre on top of it and dont doss it can go fairly quick. Once youve passed assessment, if you have a load of free time you could go from zero to hero (i.e civvie to fully trained infanteer) in a few months if you banged out the courses.

I've always been interested in guns, even from an early age, and the 'Armourer' role looks like it would be well suited for me. Having a look at the assessment also doesn't seem too bad, the strength tests look piss easy although I doubt I could run 1.5mile in 14mins. I'm not a lardass by any means but that would kill me off.
I'm gonna have a more in depth look around on the reserves, but you have made me consider it. Thanks lad, could just be what I need to kick-start my shitty life.

Fair one lad, whatever suits you. Cav units use mounted weapons a lot more (obviously) so might be more fun to aim for armourer there, depending on what you have near you.

Also in regard to the run time, it just takes a bit of dedication and grit. Fitness is a good way to improve your mindset as well. If im feeling shit ill chuck my daysack on and go run some hills while listening to music, sorts me right out. Best of luck to you mate.

Here's something that happened a couple of months ago.
>be me
>shooting MG3s in the mountain range they filmed the Hoth scenes in Star Wars
>chewing into a 200rnd belt(MG3 eats ammo like crazy
>in the middle of a lengthy burst a great big cloud of smoke erupts from the chamber area and I can't fire anymore
>quickly check the chamber and change barrels to continiue firing
One round goes off and then nothing
>try again
>same shit happened
At this point I make the assumption something is wrong with the bolt
>the extractor has been blown off, that's what the cloud of smoke was
>check the used barrel, the chamber is lined with thick brass which caused the next round to go off before it chambered properly and blowing the extractor away
MG3 is nice

You shouldn't be depressed about not firing a gun.
Book passage to America and post an ad on Creigs list that you want some trigger time.
Its not that expensive for an hour or so of loud noises that rattle your lungs and make a mess of soda and tomato cans.
There are tours but any trailer park will offer some entertainment if you buy the beer ( Grog watered spirits).
So your looking at 800 for the round trip flight, 100 for the beer another 100 for the rounds some chips, snacks and some gas money for the trip.
Im sure you could spend more for the professional tour but if you want to risk a fight, get lit and laugh, smile and maybe some jail time any trailer park will welcome you for a modest fee.
Of course you could go the hood route, the food is good, the entertainment is top notch, music is as loud as the blasters. The risks are wounding, death and jail time. But you may get to play with full autos and high explosives.
The hood route is more expensive then the trailer route but the entertainment is normally worth the price of admission.
America is a fun place with money to burn.
Americans are xenophiles at heart. They do love outsiders as long as they are just visiting.
Have fun in America they are open, easy to laugh, smile and joke. The jokes are terrible, the food can be good or gas station tier.
Still come to America someone will find a way to get you some trigger time.
All you have to do is ask, with a smile.

This sounds fun, you Floridas aren't so bad.

I've been rejected from the military 3 times on account of depression. I wouldn't count on it.

> telling the military that youre anything but fit and healthy

Thats where you dun goofed. Thats when all your info gets sent into the great admin black hole, never to return.

I suppose. But I figured they'd have access to my medical records at some point, so wasn't any point in lying.

>never shoot a gun
PUSSSY FAGGOT LOL Xdxdcdxfxdfxd

Attached: 0B4E0E41-BA13-48E4-A370-3ED59A2C92C5.jpg (720x400, 69K)

Suit yourself, I'll probably buy one and I'm American. It's $3000 here too. Not a biathlon rifle lol, a ground up newly designed modern bolt action that isn't just some old action stuck in a fancy chassis. Compact, lightweight, 45 degree throw, lots of nice features. Plenty useful when rahowa starts even if it isn't an AK. I would get something anyway, a gun is a gun and bongistan is pretty high on the list of places where shit will start to go really sideways first.

>be me
>14 years old
>dad hates guns but knows i like them
>dad takes me to OFASTS in oklahoma
>get to shoot all the guns from call of duty
>my boner can be visibly seen from the crowd as they watch me mag dump a G36c into a dishwasher 20 yards away
shit was fun man, i hope you get to shoot a gun someday user :(

pic related is the one i shot, very smooth, charging handle makes a very satisfying high pitch KACHING when you send it home, almost zero recoil, wish I had $40,000

Attached: HK-G36C-3a.jpg (3791x1608, 333K)

I fired one of these but it had built in optics while I was a guest during a German range day (I'm US enlisted, GER enlisted held a range and a few of us got to shoot their stuff).

Being able to swap between the Red Dot and Higher powered optic, side stacking magazines, ambidextrous charging handle, and near recoilless 5.56 felt really good. I really hope I get another chance to shoot it again.

He can shoot guns in the UK if he really wanted to.

here ya go OP
>be me
>on spring break
>dad is off work today
>decide to go shooting this morning
>take my basic ass AR15 and 9mm Sig pistol
>dad brings his pps43 in 7.65x25 and a .45/70 gubbermint lever action
>we drive up into the woods and through a few miles of deep snow
>make it up just fine in his 'yota
>shoot a bunch of shit, blast an old can of spray foam with the 45/70 and it launches everywhere
>put a half-empty can of spray paint in a burning cardboard box and shoot it with the 45/70 for a fireball and huge mist of yellow paint
>feel slightly guilty about spraying foam and paint everywhere because i don't like littering into the wilderness
>still worth it tho

Alright user, I will regale you about the time a Soccer Mom absolutely flexed on an entire range.

>Going to do some competition shooting
>basically a killhouse but one can only use a handgun
>I get through in 1 minute which is mediocre for this course, 9 targets and I miss 2
>soccer mom gets in for lulz
>The bitch goes through it in 40 seconds with a glock
>Turns out while most of us were running single stack she had a double stacked magazine
>Rest of us turn in shame and go home after competition

My pride still hurts

>shooting at a public range
>older guy in flip flops and shorts approaches the firing line
>all he has is a pistol grip pump 12 gauge with no stock
>I overhear him tell the RSO that he has never shot a gun before and he rented the shotgun
>he sets up a target about 12 feet from the firing line
>angled steel target stand holding up some cardboard
>he proceeds to shoot buckshot, from the hip, as fast as he can work the pump
>one of the shots goes into the dirt and ricochets off the metal target stand
>a piece of buckshot hits the kid right next to me
>missed his dick by an inch
>the kid checks his thigh, big bruise but no blood
>the kid leaves
>mfw they don't even kick the guy out
>I leave

Attached: 1509105279976.jpg (1024x853, 118K)

the physics and ballistics behind shooting is so amazing, imo. Your harnessing an explosion in your hands and projecting it towards a target.

Lasers are next and I would imagine that feels like nothing. handling that explosion is an exhilarating feeling.

I had a fun one awhile back
>be into rifles, find pistols rather boring
>have a buddy who is basically the opposite, but hasn't had much experience with rifles anyway
We went shooting in the woods one day with some swedes that had come to visit. We brought out some interesting guns and tannerite
>have the bolt action I use for competition
>set up some tannerite, take the first few shots with my rifle to be sure my handloads are still on point
>Give the swedes a chance to feel like snipers. They nail a few targets with my hand loads, pistol buddy decides it's a bit too easy
>He sets up a shot he believes would be too difficult to make in one shot at a range of 110m
>Puts some tannerite in a pot with a hole in the middle (3" diameter or so), only way to set it off is thread that needle
>heh, nothing personal kid
At this point he was pretty surprised. I guess he didn't expect that level of accuracy was actually pretty easy to achieve with practice. So I decided to do one better
>start running out of targets, still have some rounds to shoot
>grab some shot shells and safe the range to head down
>pistol buddy looks at my hand and says "you aren't going to be able to hit those all the way down there..."
>He bets me a beer I won't be able to hit 1 without taking a few shots
>Tell him hell, I'll get with 4 shots
Nailed em. He bought me that beer and has taken an interest in improving his skills with rifles. Feels good man

Attached: 1524697506248.png (1106x888, 982K)

Get on a plane to Vegas or some other state with gun tourism and enjoy freedom. Your bong moping is depressing man.

I'm from England and have shot loads of guns, in and out of the military. Try harder faggot

Attached: Snapchat-1819339925.jpg (3264x1836, 2.9M)

>be on friends farm
>brought nice long range rifles and ar15
>set up water jugs +/-500 meters (furthest allowable under circumstances)
>start shooting with friend
>alternating through rifles to let them cool every shot
>sometimes switch to ar15 to see how well I can do with steel case 55gr
>pretty good hit and miss ratio for the day, ar15 landed some hits too
>sun going down
>start packing to drive down and pick up busted jugs
>coyote wanders out of treeline toward jugs
>farmers hate coyotes for killing calves and harassing cows
>unsheathe 7rm rifle
>pull out single handloaded 162gr ELDM at 2960 fps
>lay down on belly
>range finder coyote
>About 460 meters and 3mph wind
>dial optic in for shot off ballistic chart
>line up sights for center of coyote ignoring the vitals
>BANG
>coyote drops like a stone
>upon investigation we found the bullet managed to pull some organs out the other side
>neat
I am not a creative writer but I hope tgis did something for you OP.

good story user
Should have included the ammunition used when taking animals though.

You will never beat live firing attacks at company level. You've got your machine guns firing over your heads, and you are throwing live grenades into positions while your section gives suppressive fire, before you carry out the final assault. You will do this on positions over a a mile, or so, swapping between roles.

Civilian shooting is dull in comparison.

>giving alligators lead poisoning
KYS murderer

>be me
>murrican in best state of the union
>Utah baby
>meet two guys in face to face deals yesterday and walk away with a WASR10 in 7.62x39 and an M+M M10 in 5.45x39
>had ordered a PSA 10” pistol kit and it also came in the mail
>now have 3 more guns in arsenal
>get guns set up how I want them and slobber over them for rest of the day
>counting down the hours to the weekend so I can go shoot

Find a way to come here, even just on a trip. You come to Utah and I’ll yake you shooting user

A barrel shorter than 16" on a rifle is considered illegal by the ATF, but if it's manufactured as a pistol (don't know what the fuck that implies) it's fine to have any length on it. Sadly, that makes the use of a stock illegal, so you just buy a brace.

If you cant be bothered to go abroad, you can pay to shoot at "The Tunnel" in Dorset near Exeter, got most of the stuff you'd want. Can be a little pricey but I paid to shoot the Barret M99 and the oldies.

Attached: IMG_3391.jpg (3264x2448, 1.65M)

>RAF Regiment

Attached: 1516107425872.png (695x515, 20K)

>Be me 4 years ago
>Find anorexic Latina on tinder, bang the shit out of her
>She's a raver/wook/whatever, it's pretty cool
>Move to a better area for work
>3 months ago find out she's moved too
>Reconnect, I'm engaged now so no trips to the bone zone
>Still a good person though, fun to hang out with. Massive liberal fag tho
>Finally talk her into shooting
>Nervous AF, mortified that a .22 is going to fly out of her hands and break her face
>Finally get her to take her first shot, immediately she gets the biggest shit eating grin I've ever seen
>Also follows the 4 rules, never have to correct her or call her out for any safety violation
>Work our way up to 9mm, .357, .308, 12 gauge
>She fucking loves every second of it
>Keeps asking when we can go again, wants to bring her girlfriend along
It's pretty fucking great. Maybe I can take you out some time, britbro.

Attached: Screenshot_20190313-113019~2.png (1080x1043, 1.19M)

Why won't you go to public range? They almost always rent guns.

So? Until this year, where we actually did become the glorified gate guards everyone said we were, the training is no different from any other army infantry unit.

4th corner of the SF triangle yeah mate

Never claimed to be.
You'll get belters that say shit like that in any unit. But I hear claims about the raf reg being some elit unit from the army than the raf reg itself

Rare, travel is a concern
Not truly public (memberships, etc)
Expensive

It won't happen if you keep putting barriers in the way. Can't you just apply for a shotgun license and get a gun for yourself

user you need to turn this into a 4 way.

it sucks that we can only have 12 B category weapons

It’s not, nogunz just wants an opportunity to shit talk someone

You dumbass you can build a legal SBR with the $200 stamp and paperwork approved by ATF and you can modify it however the fuck you want as long as you don’t go MG or illegally suppressed with it

Join the police and transfer to a firearms unit

Youll shoot so much you'll be sick of it by the second week

>Go shooting with Boomer dad, both of us relatively inexperienced with handguns
>Using a 92FS he bought
>He finishes his turn, he's about to turn around with the gun in his hand
>Quickly stop him from sweeping the entire range
>Mfw I saved the day

Attached: Philip Rivers1.jpg (320x292, 19K)

>Be me
>Be 15
>Live in Utah, its November so half the state is a desert filled with snow
>Get asked to go shooting by my youth pastor (I'm not a mormon)
>hellyea.png
>get home plan which guns to get
>Grab M1 Garand, Star Firestar, a few shotguns, and Ruger GP100
>get outside to pastors car and he has his AK, a few glocks, 870 and something else
>I planned for just me and him, just 8 en-blocs so 96 30-06, a box of mini slugs, a box of 00 buck, about 70 rounds of 9mm and 30 rounds of .357
>in total I had about 236 boolets to shoot with my friend
>he brought 2 kids from youth bible study
>ok then. I'll just ration the ammo
>youth pastor brought some more ammo than I did so it was ok
>we get out in the desert and find an old rusted uo car
>we get out and shoot the shit out if the car from about 100 yards.
>one of the kids he brought didn't ever shoot a gun, so the pastor and myself run down the major safety rules.
>He stops listening to us and starts doing fortnite dances
>fuckinghell.jpg
>we get back to shooting, I keep an eye on this kid while the pastor keeps close watch on the other
>the other kid does really well. He doesn't muzzle sweep anybody, he makes sure the gun he uses is clear before he does anything with it.
>I keep my eye on the Garand specifically, my grandpa used that bitch in the korean war and it was also used in ww2 by somebody
>I get to shooting, and have a good time. Loading up the M1 and having fun.
>Garand thumb occurs. Hurts like a bitch
>when I get back fortnite kid is loading the 870 and muzzle sweeps the shit out of me
>he shoots the gun right past me
>yell "what the holy fuck are you doing!"
>the little bastard spends the rest of shooting in the car away from the rest of the guns.
>the other kid was cool
>had fun for the rest of the trip

Not him. How do?