Are "law enforcement only" hollow points really worth tracking down 3rd party...

Are "law enforcement only" hollow points really worth tracking down 3rd party? Or is their expansion and good record barely a difference to comparable hollow points?

Attached: 8139077659_ceb0f00e9b_b.jpg (1024x683, 486K)

Other urls found in this thread:

eagleeyeguns.com/searchresults.asp?Search=winchester ranger
sgammo.com/product/federal-ammo-sale/50-round-box-45-auto-p-federal-hst-230-grain-hp-hollow-point-le-ammo-p45hs
youtube.com/watch?v=S2JMWrnW608&index=17&list=PLAA59C257050A64AE
ar15.com/ammo/project/Self_Defense_Ammo_FAQ/DocGKRData/45_WinchestervsFederal.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not worth it. Get a bigger gun, 9mmfag.

I got .45 but I saw ranger Ts had 1.2 inches of expansion.

hmm how big was his iron

He says glock 21.

Attached: ktUuI3C_d.jpg (640x360, 14K)

Considering using the same ammo as law enforcement in a self defense situation is a psycopath alert i'd say no.

That's the most retarded fuddlore I've read all day.

It's prosecution states have paid for. So you should prepare for it.

>hollow points
>not penatrators

what if they are wearing a fluffy jacket?

Attached: 13621371_10153608307111960_2098744008_o.jpg (1600x1200, 463K)

If youre being sincere. These law enforcement hollowpoints are designed to at least penetrate 12 inches of flesh

Only criminals mix types of ammo like that.

Attached: Daddy.jpg (1280x720, 305K)

Nothing but a bunch of misinformation in here.

Attached: db2 (1).gif (480x292, 3.48M)

LE only ammo is a fucking myth, you cans traight up buy Ranger Ts with google search.

......what?? This is the exact opposite of every defense attorney and CCW advocate's advice

So they can shoot any resisting cows?

So the police are either psychopaths or they use inadequate ammo.

Yeah Ill agree police are psychopaths.

Welcome to 4 Chan

Mixing ammo is actually retarded.

>worth tracking down 3rd party?
What? You literally google for them, or better yet use an ammo search engine like ammoseek.com. This is what you should already be doing for your plinking ammo anyways. For that matter many are also available in store like gold dots, HST, and critical duty, just not in the 50rnd LEO only marked boxes.
>Or is their expansion and good record barely a difference to comparable hollow points?
When both perform properly the differences are likely academic at best. The thing is that modern top of the line JHPs are much less prone to failures to expand, over expansion, or core jacket separation than older JHPs. In particular automotive barriers are absolutely hell on lower tech JHPs. I don't know about you but i spend a lot of time in and around cars like most americans do, so I consider my carry gun suddenly becoming an inadequate performer because i needed it to defend against a carjacking instead of a mugging quite a cause for concern. Just how likely those sort of things are to happen with a particular round will depend on the load in question and the circumstances its used in, but when the gucci shit is ~60CPR online while the WWB JHPs are 40CPR in the local brick and mortar i really can't see why I'd go with the latter.
Average adult male thoracic depth is 10", and that 12" minimum is in bullet jelly. Not skin, muscle, then bone, then more muscle/organs, etc.

I go on ammoseek and look for Federal HST and Ranger T. The website sends me to links that ask me to check a box that Im law enforcement. Now Im under the impression its wrong to just click "yes" that. Like Im also under the idea that this LE ammo is specifically different than other ammo.

based paul

>t. anthony cumia

>I go on ammoseek and look for Federal HST
Go to a different one of the literally dozens of links selling that ammo, you retard. More places are selling it to anybody than just to LEOs.
>Ranger T.
Winchester is much harder on their distributors than other premium brands in this regard, presumably due to the whole black talons thing back in the day. That being said there are still several places showing up selling them to non LEOs when i searched it literally right now as im typing this comment. Are you "trolling" or something?

Post a link then? No reason to accuse of trolling. This isnt some frogposting thread.

Sure, what load in particular? SGammo is currently carrying both in 9mm and .40 off the top of my head.

Law enforcement only ammo just comes in a 50 round box instead of a 20 round one.

Neck yourself, faggot.

Attached: main-qimg-608b73c70f5b30e161ae233b06a7f17f.jpg (602x445, 120K)

.45 230gr +P pretty please. Sorry for requesting a spoonfeed. I just cant find the ammo l wanna test out.

That's always the hard one in the Ranger-T lineup, almost nobody can get them and they run a serious premium compared to any of their other rounds. Fortunately i do know a place, but unfortunately while you can get 9mm or .40 ranger Ts for 40 some odd CPR right now those .45s come at a serious premium.

eagleeyeguns.com/searchresults.asp?Search=winchester ranger

oh yea, and HST if you care
sgammo.com/product/federal-ammo-sale/50-round-box-45-auto-p-federal-hst-230-grain-hp-hollow-point-le-ammo-p45hs

Heck yeah. Just bought 150 rounds of each. Thanks fren. Gonna test if they operate well in my Glock 21 then carry the best.

A lot of departments let you run whatever the fuck you want as long as it's premium grade hollowpoints; e.g. Speer Gold Dot, Federal HST, Hornady etc. My department lets us choose, exceptions being shitty cheap unreliable bullshit, and ridiculous stuff that would look bad in court like Underwood +p+ loads or those 2k fps Liberty Civil Defense shits.

>stuff that would look bad in court like Underwood +p+ loads or those 2k fps Liberty Civil Defense shits

Attached: fellow_gunguys.png (500x398, 309K)

No problem, they tend to work VERY impressively when they do expand, but also seem to suffer from a higher rate of failures to expand(particularly in 4LD tests) than say the HST.
youtube.com/watch?v=S2JMWrnW608&index=17&list=PLAA59C257050A64AE
ar15.com/ammo/project/Self_Defense_Ammo_FAQ/DocGKRData/45_WinchestervsFederal.htm

Well, it's based on a Paul Harrell video I can't be bothered to look up, and Paul Harrell certainly is a CCW advocate, so no.

Paul says he disagrees with the common advice to "figure out what gun and ammo the local PD uses, and carry that", saying cops are trained to recognize a fascination with police equipment [in general] as a red flag for serial killers, and citing references to serial killers driving used police cars in some book on criminal profiling.

The guy you're replying to is slightly garbling it by making the red flag about ammo specifically, rather than police equipment in general, and by confusing psychopath and serial killer, but I'm 100% sure that's where he got the idea.

Personally, I disagree with both sides -- on one hand, there's less than a half-dozen top-tier JHPs, so if your ammo is the only thing in common with the cops, they'll probably see it as a not-unlikely coincidence, rather than thinking "He's copying police ammo! Must be a serial killer!" (Well, unless you tell them that's why you chose it -- but how you picked your ammo is not on the short list of things you should be talking to police about.)
On the other hand, I reject the whole notion of choosing gear based on the fear that a prosecutor with a hard-on for you will latch onto some detail and use it to paint you as the bad guy. Of course they will, but that's a game you simply can't win, because the prosecutor has an inherent advantage: you choose your gear before the incident, they choose the narrative to hang you with after. And whatever you chose, they're still gonna pick out some set of details that they can construct a narrative around, and ignore the rest. If you choose ammo the police don't use, maybe they claim "ammo so deadly the police don't use it!" But then if you choose ammo the police do use, maybe they suggest you're a serial killer. Or if you somehow choose an impeccable ammo, they'll build a story around your gun, holster position, etc. instead.

It's worth tracking down if it's a quality JHP, and the LE Only is literally a tax thing.

Shitty JHPs have gotten people killed before the person shot died and handguns in general suck for terminal ballistics. Therefore, buy a quality JHP that shoots well in your pistol, and buy a few boxes.

Neat

So what you're saying is paul is a fake expert?

Nice pen faggot