/EDC/ General

Empty your pockets, lads. Let's see what you're carrying.

Attached: EDC 2019-3-12.jpg (2090x1528, 982K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=couQP1vhEIA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youre a fucking faggot OP

Who hurt you?

>tactical pen
>no mace/CS spray
For what purpose?

>picture of phone
FAKE

Will someone with a field notes EDC actually post a page?

its waterproof, bro

It's just a copper pen. It's made of metal to survive being carried in my pocket, sat on, laid on, etc. Why would I carry three types of non-lethal weapons when I have the Glock?

I looked through my current one, but couldn't find any pages without personal info. Do you want me to post a pixelated page? It's mostly just lists of stuff to do for work, people's phone numbers to call and shopping lists. I only just found out about these and started carrying it because it slips into my back pocket better than the spiral bound ones I carried before.

I don't think it is.

Fuck off with this cringey 2015 bullshit.

>Why would I carry three types of non-lethal weapons when I have the Glock?
3? i count two at best and they're the definition of "less lethal" instead of non-lethal. A strike to the head using that flashlight or pen is just about the only way they're likely to be more effective than a punch, may kill a person, will definitely be considered lethal force by a LEO or court of law, and is a melee only tool instead of a ranged tool. Way i see it, you aren't carrying a single LL tool that's worth a damn. Pepper spray is very useful for determining how much of a threat somebody/something is before it gets inside bad breath distance, forcing a do i shoot/fight decision. Great to have for dissuading strays or idiots and adds an additional layer of tangible CYA proof should you have to transition to lethal, demonstrating that you both attempted lesser means and that your attacker was seriously dedicated to causing you harm. Mace is a CCW carry must IMO.

>3? i count two at best and they're the definition of "less lethal" instead of non-lethal. A strike to the head using that flashlight or pen
Well I also have a knife, and someone mentioned carrying mace too, for some reason. I wasn't even thinking of the flashlight as a weapon. I'd rather carry another gun at that point.
>Mace is a CCW carry must IMO.
First time hearing this.

We have EDC threads on Jow Forums all the fucking time, sweetie.

Is there an EDC discord or what?

>knife
>less lethal
>why would i carry mace too?
You know what, nevermind, you do you man.

>Pen
>Notebook
Do people really do this? What the fuck?

Gun, Keys, Wallet, Phone. Why complicate shit?

Attached: varg-vikernes.jpg (762x464, 110K)

I'll do me and let you do you if you post your own EDC. This thread is sadly lacking photos.

I FUCKIN HATE THESE GODDAMN THREADS!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Attached: 1519590019682.png (175x200, 38K)

How do you remember lists of things you need to do or buy, or ideas you come up with but can't act on until later? Honestly curious. Maybe you just have a simpler job or are unemployed/live in the moment?

Honestly curious why.

I keep a pen on me. I have things to sign because I have a big boy job.

Because I'd like to join that discord?

I assumed you were being facetious, since only faggots go onto a "chat" website like Jow Forums and then immediately recruit other faggots to fuck off the website to some chat app like discord or kik or aol messenger. If you were being serious, then what's wrong with you? Just have a conversation here.

FUCK NIGGERS FUCK JEWS FUCK JANNIES

Attached: 1548870372305.webm (800x450, 1.45M)

What lists of things to do or buy? I have a magnetic board at home to add items for my weekly grocery visit.

I keep my idea's in my head. Why would I need to write them down? I don't even have a very good memory but if I am anticipating something (gun purchase, ar build) it stays on my brain and is something I can recall without much issue.

I'm a sys admin. It is a simple job.

Nice pen and case you heinous faggot.

Give me 5 scenarios and locations where this happens and relates to your job function in 2019.

How is keeping a pen in your office not enough for you? Are you getting hounded by your finance department to physically sign documents while you're out jerking off Daniel from Financial Advisors in the back alley?

Text it to yourself smooth brain

I honestly can't help you if you have never written a to do list before or you don't have ideas worth writing down. Maybe when you develop more capacity for human empathy, you'll find the answers to those questions someday.

Attached: Fuck Niggers.webm (800x800, 2.46M)

Not even a germophobe but I use my own pens instead of shit on the counters to stay healthy wealthy and wise.

Post some pages from your book. I can promise you, noone will be able to dox you from it.

Last time I went to the post office to mail something, I used one of those auto postage machines and the "stamp" it printed out was so goddamn big that it covered up ALL of the addresses I'd written on my package. I had to re-write the address on top of that fucking label, and since I live around niggers, all the pens on the counters had been ripped off their metal cords and stolen. Since I had brought my own pen, I was able to easily re-address the package.

I already asked you why you wanted to see my notes and you dodged the question.

I like the banter without the captcha

It's kids or it's shills. If you'd like to slip the tinfoil on with me for a moment, it's a well known fact dissidents will shitpost up threads. What better thing to take aim at then the folks who are doing something "dangerous" like carrying? Also, EDC.

Attached: IMG_20190125_181527~2.jpg (3024x4032, 3.04M)

Because I would like to know what deep thoughts and profound writings you are inscribing that cannot be retained in your memory.

Also, I want to see how it compares to a guy at our office who does the same thing. He is extremely autistic and has lists for everything. Basic tasks, what he needs to do in a given day, etc. He literally cannot function without this list. He just shuts off and stops doing work. It's kind of hilarious and I'm wondering if you are the same way.

5" 1911, a pocket knife, couple spare mags, wallet, and phone

>why is one in your office not good enough for you?
I rarely am in my office.

>name 5 in 2019
I inspect and buy cars for a living so just today
>checked boxes on inspection checklist
>signed a bill of sale
>jammed into a shift lock on a car with a seized engine
>scraped sludge off an oil cap to show a client
>wrote my cell on a generic business card

Why are you such an angry little faggot about having a pen?

Most recent two pages:
>two questions to ask my boss next time I talk to him (he's currently out of town)
>one thing that needs to get done for work, but is not urgent so it can wait until next time I am in a certain part of town to do it
>list of things to buy online or around town, some as add-ons to my next Amazon order, some as things to look for when I am in various stores like Petsmart, the grocery store or Office Depot
>reminder to write an email to warranty a tool that broke (also need to figure out which email or phone number to use to contact the manufacturer)
>reminder to balance a check book for an LLC I work with (also need to talk with the people more involved with the LLC about organizing their bills better)
>agendas for last Thursday and Friday with times and locations to meet people, then things to do before and after
>note about remembering a person's name in my office and their phone extension

Like I said, someday you may develop a capacity for human empathy and you won't be so disbelieving that other people could possibly conceive of activities that you don't approve of or couldn't think up on your own.

2 of those could have been done with your knife. You're still a faggot for having a pen case too

>You're still a faggot for having a pen case too
You seem to have that person confused with the OP, who you're talking to right now. What do you have against pen slips? Do you enjoy giant ink splotches in your clothes?

No offense but all of that seems perfectly suited to a digital task list, like Outlook has built in, since most of it seems to revolve around your job functions.

Attached: awshit.jpg (782x906, 140K)

jotting down a quick note is faster honestly

I'm not the OP and using a knife in a plastic shift lock is dumb

How about no. First, I fucking hate typing shit on a glass keyboard, which is slow and error prone. I need the ability to take a note at any time, including at a stoplight while driving. Plus, I can't glance at it anytime, since my phone needs to be charged and handy or I need to be in front of my computer. And I can't mark it up easily. I also can't easily have a single page with disparate dates for the same on-going project all together, since calendars spread that shit out into its individual days, disappearing into the fucking memory hole. What a fucking disaster it would be to be confined to some digital piece of shit software to manage my notes. I honestly feel bad for people who use that shit seriously.

You're the one showing clear signs of autism friend.

pls do not put me on your list.
youtube.com/watch?v=couQP1vhEIA

Attached: 1444106483631.jpg (500x375, 25K)

>full size gun with light
>10 round mag
>no holster

Gimme a break, I work security in NYC. I don't lug my uniform home, that shit stays at work along with my holster.

>the only reason I can think of why someone would ever carry a small notebook is to LARP death note
You're boring.

Attached: 1469832033146.jpg (1280x960, 256K)

lol'd

Attached: lmao.gif (300x169, 1.26M)

hah do you have to put the mag and the pistol in separate backpacks on the way home

Bro, it is OKAY to be retarded and have the memory of a goldfish. FULL STOP. My brother is mentally handicapped so I fully understand the need and respect it. That doesn't mean that I can't make fun of you for it. You are, after all, not related to me, like my retarded brother is.

Attached: 1514085801698.jpg (1692x1252, 111K)

If you actually walk around with all this shit you probably are mostly a huge fgt

I do it for work purposes. Mostly cause people will have to go through multiple locked doors, each has a dif punch combo to get in.

My cousin has autism, so I know your struggle.

whew lad. if you saw my work gear you'd think I was gay?

What does the shitty gold paint achieve

>He posts on Jow Forums
>He doesn't know a 19x when he sees one

Attached: honey-badger.jpg (1280x1024, 252K)

>he posts on Jow Forums
>he uses /an/ reaction images instead of /a/ reaction images
>he doesn't know that most people who use this board are noguns

Attached: 1539992693293.jpg (605x585, 90K)

>Nice pen and case you heinous faggot.
>You're still a faggot for having a pen case too

Why can't this stupid idiot ever reply to the correct person? Jesus Christ, what a dumb fuck.

Gets (you)s. Also makes re-res and he-shes expose themselves.

Maybe you should write about this experience in your diary.

Attached: q02V0.jpg (1200x1101, 195K)

I might just do that. Granted, I'll have to be careful not to include any names, lest they fall prey to my latent shinigami powers and have sudden heart attacks and die!

Attached: 1433444119992.jpg (500x650, 106K)

Dear diary,
Today only three dudes came to the glory hole. If this keeps up I won’t be able to afford more bad dragons.
Also, grandma is starting to come around to the idea of letting me close the door when I have to poop.
Ya boy,
White Monsta Sippz

I actually walk around with all that stuff. It isn't difficult. Maybe you should try it sometime.

Based

Attached: 0F6AE18F-A8A4-4A87-9F0E-44B2C919629B.jpg (114x152, 11K)

This thread has restored my faith that not everyone on Jow Forums is a larper faggot hipster.

Attached: 1466309487257.jpg (1100x700, 210K)

I write checks and sign off for invoices literally every day, fill out reports, keep logs, write lists and draw every goddamn day. Asking why someone has a pen is about as retarded as asking why someone has a pocket knife. You dont think you need it till you dont have one and once you do you realize how useful it is

I fucking love my Blur

>write lists
I bettcher one a them AUTISTS aren't ya? You pretendin to write DEATH NOTES huh???

Call in the boys, we got a live one!

Attached: sody pop.jpg (270x186, 5K)

Or just right it down. I for one enjoy not having to whip out my phone for every goddamn task that needs doing

How? Only like three people posted their EDCs.

i have a phone lmao
i just write that shit up in any one of the billions of note-taking apps or make an alarm for it

>Aw sheit, I forgot to get gas for the car again. I really should have wrote it down in the notebook again.
>Aw fuck! I forgot to pick up the kids at school today. Should have wrote it down in the damned notebook!
>Fuck me! I forgot to set my alarm for work! Shoulda wrote it down in that there notebook! Sorry Boss!

Do you know what inventory or par sheets are. Better yet, are you in charge of other humans

>in any one of the billions of note-taking apps
Wow, sounds super well-organized.

and those 3 larpers got told on their faggy notebooks

Exactly. EDC is hipster tier faggotry. OP is a prime example "Field Notes". God damn.

>tfw your phone dies

Attached: 1536435338213.jpg (938x974, 81K)

Lots of shit talking. Not a lot of posting your own EDC.

>lol taking out my phone takes too much time
>i'll just whip out my pen and notebook and write it down instead, that's faster!
do you honestly believe this?

Attached: 1550798137690.jpg (500x597, 61K)

Keep going. Itll show how little shit you actually have to keep track of in a day. Not running a business will do that

Which thread are you reading?

>Work in an office
>Use phone enough to drain battery since its a slow day
>Charge it at my desk

I'm beginning to see a pattern with these "field notes" hipsters. They cannot think ahead. They literally have to write down their actions and tasks in order to accomplish them. Is the NPC meme real?

one of the billions available you brainlet
pick one and use it
>tfw your pen runs out of ink

"Sucked Jerry's dick in the Glory Hole on Spencer St. He paid me 15$. He still owes me 20$. Said he will pay Friday."

Yeah, I get it user, running a business is hard.

>"people" itt are actually seriously unironically defending their $30 """field""" notebooks and tactical pens
>not a single one of them has actually shown the important """notes""" they've written
This is the highest level of larping.

Attached: 1547761521231.gif (220x162, 142K)

I always have 2 or 3 on me at work. you carry 3 phones? must take forever tapping away at 3 phones

EDC is literally something every single adult in the world does. If all you carry is your wallet, phone and keys, then THAT IS YOUR EDC. And if you only carry those three things and you post on Jow Forums, then you're an embarrassment to this board, desu. You participate in EDC culture whether you think you'll get cooties by associating with people who use Field Notes notebooks or not.

>he actually carries a fucking field notebook
>he has a fucking mallninja tactical pen too

Attached: 1545136793493.jpg (600x842, 115K)

Of course EDC is something that is done by everyone in the world. The difference is, 99% of people out there don't try to LARP about it on the internet. Noone really believes you carry this stupid shit around, but if you do, your co-workers are laughing at you, for real.

>a $3 notebook costs $30 in my mind because I believe it does
>using spiral bound notebooks that get smashed flat and become unusable when carried in a pocket is better because I say so!
>all metal pens are "tactical" because I say so!
>why won't people doxx themselves by showing me the names of all the people they meet with for work on a daily basis

Grow the fuck up, you entitled little child.

Attached: crying babby.jpg (300x300, 50K)

>samefagging this hard
>thinks it isn't obvious

Attached: babby (2).jpg (398x419, 79K)

LARP stands for live action role play. This is literally what I carry on a daily basis. Why do you think it's so difficult to carry a fucking pen and notebook in your pocket?

I use the spiral flip notebooks. but I wear a vest at work so they don't get squished in my back pocket. it goes in a pouch

>I wear a vest at work
Good for you. I don't.

it's not good, it's hot

I doubt you're hot. You go to work instead of having a CEO husband provide for you so you don't have to go to work.

ok. you wear it.
I'll add three pens to make it heavier

No pasta yet, what a bunch of faggots

I'm on Jow Forums because I love to shoot, either at the range or innawoods for whatever's in season. I don't know why janitors didn't start deleting these autistic threads when they first came out. Now l have to look at them every other day and it makes me fucking cringe. I cringe just thinking about what you fatfuck mouthbreathers must look like. Hell, at least I'll know to look away if I hear somebody plodding down the street, nearly out of breath and jingling loud enough to mask the sound of the icecream truck they're chasing. What the fuck do the things you and your retarded EDC buttbuddies have to do with weapons? Ok, sure you have a gun and a knife. Well whoopdee doo and good for you. Why do you have to post the rest of the nonsense you carry around? Do you need some kind of validation? Is that what this pathetic shit is all about? You will never need any of that shit. Never. MAYBE this shit could be acceptable if it was stuff you carry innawoods, but it's not. The most you will ever do with all this shit you carry is take it into a Sweet Frog while you fill up a 5 gallon Home Depot bucket full of frozen lard. You guys are all pathetic and I pity the weak mothers and fathers who raised you. Get a fucking life.

Attached: 1552096135510.jpg (480x270, 34K)