Carry revolvers and 357

im a big fan of 38 spcl and 357 mag. I have a stainless marlin 357 with a 16" barrel and a 3 screw S&W model 27 with 6" barrel (wooden box too)

But what im wondering is, in Jow Forums's opinion, the best carry pistol in .357 Magnum on the market?

doesnt seem like there are too many options in the CONCEALED carry market really, kimber, LCR, ruger sp-101 all come to mind for IWD CC.

Im leaning on the sp-101
>also fuck you this isnt a 'you shouldnt carry 357/a revolver' thread or 'why not carry 38spcl +P'

I fucking like 357 magnum

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-12 at 7.47.29 PM.png (636x449, 458K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ballisticsbytheinch.com/357mag.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_&_Wesson_Model_10
thesurvivalistblog.net/smith-and-wesson-model-10-review/
youtube.com/watch?v=lGcr5JsYcW0
youtube.com/watch?v=jsqKeQhobOM
youtube.com/watch?v=WyuWY3NU3e8
gunbroker.com/Revolvers/search?PageSize=96&Sort=4&View=1&mfg=1000259&mo=3001877&Condition=4
youtube.com/watch?v=X1nu5SWdV4E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

probably the sp-101 with spurless hammer for easier drawing, but if you want to use single action then the regular sp-101

I want to buy a Model 10 snubbie for cc. I have a Glock that I hate and I dont feel at all inadequately armed with 6 shots over 10. I hate to fall back on fuddlore but if you arent behind cover in a firefight exceeding 6 shots, you're dead anyway.

I really enjoy my SP-101 4.2 inch barrel. It conceals well and isn't too wide. I carry it with .357 loaded, though there's no reason you couldn't do some hot loaded .38s either. It shoots .357 quite well and isn't too uncomfortable to shoot, though .38 is comfy as fuck to shoot.

Ruger offers a 3" SP101, which is what I'd get if I wanted to CC a .357 and not just .38+P. Not only can a Ruger handle a steady diet of .357, but the 3" barrel gives you just enough real estate to get that extra velocity.

where do you carry a 4.2" revolver? IWB? Even three inch seems a little big for CC

IWB at about 4-5 o'clock.

You need at least 3 inches for it to make sense to use .357 over .38 special, IMO.

>3" barrel

This right here, you get an easy 200fps:
ballisticsbytheinch.com/357mag.html

I have the Smith Wesson 66-3
But it’s large and hard to CC
So then I switch to the ruger SP101
I like stainless steel guns

Attached: 9F090ECA-C526-49B8-8A1F-36BB518E11F9.jpg (1536x2056, 746K)

>if you like .357 youll love 10mm

4" 686 + or GP100 +. If you're a poorfag then maybe a used security six.
>inb4 why no 2.25" *insert model here*
If im going to bother IWB carrying a fucking .357 revolver in 2019 im going to get as much as i can out of the round while still carrying it comfortably. Otherwise go with .38, 9mm, or .327 if you're a real snowflake.

no you dont fuck you this isnt that thread. fuck off

See
I mean its ONE INCH. Plus the grip will be a bigger deal then the barrel to conceal.

Taurus 605

Do EET

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_&_Wesson_Model_10

thesurvivalistblog.net/smith-and-wesson-model-10-review/

youtube.com/watch?v=lGcr5JsYcW0

youtube.com/watch?v=jsqKeQhobOM

youtube.com/watch?v=WyuWY3NU3e8

gunbroker.com/Revolvers/search?PageSize=96&Sort=4&View=1&mfg=1000259&mo=3001877&Condition=4

www.thesixgunjournal.net/a-revolver-buyers-checklist/

youtube.com/watch?v=X1nu5SWdV4E
Also 357 snubs are fucking stupid and so are the people who carry them loaded with 357s.

Attached: 9.jpg (1280x960, 336K)

My nigga that's the same position I carry. Way more comfortable than 3 o'clock.

Just because you are too pussy for 357 doesn't make it stupid.

Yeah, its perfect for the shorter grip on the SP101, since it nestles well into the small of my back, but not quite on the spine. Its pretty comfortable walking around, though it can get uncomfortable while sitting.

>pre lock
das a purty gun user

>Also 357 snubs are fucking stupid

I agree with the exception of the SP101 due to the weight. I don't like the S&W airweights in .357 or the ruger LCR though.

Isn't the issue more about barrel length for the round instead of weight/recoil? Not being smarmy, I don't own any wheel guns so I don't actually know.

SP-101 in a 1-3" barrel is great, but it's a little hard to conceal with extended grips.
I personally really like the Chiappa Rhino, especially now that the 30DS is a thing.
The good o'l J frame is also a solid option that's well proven, despite S&W's decline in quality recently.
There is no such thing as "da best eva", it's about what you can use optimally. Just pick from those options what you like

Attached: j-frames.jpg (600x577, 101K)

.357 still has higher energy than any .38 out of a snub nose but in many people's opinion including mine shot placement is more important so recoil is an important factor. It really depends on the person. Personally f I can put a 5 shot group on a 6in plate at 15 yards I think it is reasonable enough to carry.

You could just train with 357 bro

SW model 360 pd

Load buffalo bores new 900 ft lb jhp load

I do but I will always shoot better with .38 out of a small revolver than I will .357.

That being said I meet my requirement with .357 and carry it in an sp101 but for lighter snub noses I always use .38+P

Nah, you dont need the hammer if its going to be strictly conceal carry use.

340pd all the way. Its awesome.

Attached: 20190312_210603.jpg (1328x747, 127K)

I’d recommend an S&W stainless 60 snub, but I shot the barrel out on mine in about 300 rounds. Other than that a surprisingly comfy gun to shoot magnums through despite being pretty small.

>about 300 rounds
Wow, you better have forgot two zeros.

>357 still has higher energy

Energy is irrelevant except as it relates to penetration. There are 38 and 9mm loads that have no problems meeting FBI standard penetration/expansion out of snub barrels so all 357 gives you is more recoil, report and muzzle blast. People who carry small 357 revolvers are shoppers not shooters.

Attached: 1518127295418.png (600x700, 386K)

>Taurus shit among those beautiful Smiths

FUCK YOU

This. .357 Mag got its reputation back in the day because it had enough velocity to achieve consistent hollow point expansion. With modern ammo, this is no longer unique to it.

What is the LIGHTEST .357 I can buy?

probably some tulammo stuff.

I meant in terms of firearm weights

I should sleep

Attached: usyxmsktx5l21.jpg (794x960, 59K)

Sp101 or S&W titanium pre Hillary hole.

like 110, but i think you can find 90g soft points.

For 357 125 grain Is best against people

Also liberty makes 50 grain 357

Is it legal to make AP .357 mag ammo?

No, but I shot .357 Underwood extreme hunters at a 3a panel and they btfo'd it

This panel later managed to stop a 12 gauge brenneke slug with no problem. It could eat 666 grains of lead at 1600 fps, but it was no match for a slimmer solid copper round moving a bit faster. The Lehigh extreme series of bullets seem to cut through kevlar especially well due to their sharp geometry.

So, you got options for soft armor. For plates your fucked though unless you wanna handload some hardened steel / tungsten ammo.

Attached: Snapchat-1370478749.jpg (980x2016, 474K)

velocity kills armor.

I too love screamers in my handguns

357 gives you much better penetration. The recoil isn't even that bad. I shoot my snub 357 one handed with ease.

>The recoil isn't even that bad. I shoot my snub 357 one handed with ease.

>Shoots 10 rounds 4 times a year

Sure bro sure. You're a for real shooter and we will take you seriously now. You can go back to shopping.

Attached: ShoppingCTD.png (500x522, 523K)

The best concealed carry .357 on the market is probably either the six shot S&W Performance Center 19 Carry Comp (top) or the seven shot Performance Center 586 L-Comp (bottom) depending on if you want to carry a bit larger gun for that extra round. I personally carry a 4 inch 686 Plus with seven shots when I'm not pocket carrying and the weight doesn't really bother me because I carry in a shoulder holster. The 686+ is basically the same gun as the 586 L-Comp I was talking about except it's stainless with an extra inch of barrel, has target sights instead of night sights, isn't compensated, and doesn't have the performance center tuning. I'm sure the 586 L-Comp is better but I haven't shot it.

Attached: sw-m19comp-grip.jpg (1084x1260, 406K)

>The best concealed carry .357 on the market
>has a cuck lock

LOLNO

Nope. Actually barely over 300 (three hundred) rounds. I’ve got one last thing to try before I ship it off to S&W, but I’d be wary about the new stuff.

357 is pretty much a stupid choice for CCW in any format. In small guns for pocket carry it sucks to shoot and can BTFO your ears without earpro and if you're gonna move up to belt carry you're gimping yourself on capacity for no real gain in statistical likelihood of incapacitation.

Outside of hunting 4 legged game 357 is practically irrelevant these days.

My mom carried a .357 when she was young and single, back in the 80s. A sweet little snub nose S&W, nickel-plated, seeeexy little handgun.

Shoot more than you

Attached: 111-1.jpg (1527x1791, 447K)

Maybe....maybe not. 357 snubs are dumb either way.

Attached: 100_2440.jpg (2048x1536, 520K)

My Kimber has been great. Really.

The fact that is a 6shooter makes it stand out, although I'm pretty sure Colt's are also 6 shooters -- more expensive these days though from what I saw.

Attached: k6s.jpg (4000x3000, 2.23M)

>like revolvers
>go into every revolver thread
>always see based model 10 autist posting his collection of cheap guns as if it's the only game in town
>always see Fitz special guy bragging about his Fitz special
>whenever someone mentions .357 snubs in any way some guy is always a nigger about it

This thread is making it look like these three distinct guys are actually all the same guy. Great, you like .38 special, that's fine. For someone that shoves what he likes into every single revolver thread you would think you could hold back from being such a piece of shit when someone likes something ever so slightly different.

I don't get the advantages of a 38 only gun. I don't really feel like reading through this whole thread to find out what peoples opinions are on this subject, because they are wrong.

>hold back from being such a piece of shit when someone likes something ever so slightly different.

Hello newfag.

Attached: Khelps.png (431x846, 73K)

>t. bought a 357 snub because MUH NUMBERS

Stay mad faggot.

Usually the only advantage is they are less expensive and in some cases lighter than the 357 counterpart due to the 38 being aluminum while the 357 is steel.

What is the average weight of a 38 snub? My K6 is like, 23.5 ounces, a heavy gun as far as its class goes -- and yet I never ever notice it.

I mean don't get me wrong, it wouldn't be my first pick for a pocket gun or a purse gun though.

I would also prefer the more robust construction that the 357 requires.

S&W 442/642 is just shy of 15oz.

>I would also prefer the more robust construction that the 357 requires.

I get that newfags and poorfags worry about durability but you'll find that if you ever move beyond poorfaggotry and really start to get some high round counts you're not going to think like that. By the time you have worn out a modern gun of decent quality you will have gotten your money's worth.

YEAH IM GONNA NEED MY GUNS TO LAST THE REVOLUTION, THANKS

I do better with my 357 than you do with 38 lol

Define "do better".

and yet new .357 snubs are constantly made these days because boomers just got to have "dat versatility"

Since this seems to be the carry version of wheely gat general, can you CC a 4" .357 at an athletic build 5,8" (shorty) and 150lbs?

I'm trying to use a .357 for a do-all gun: HD, targets, shoothouses, CCW, maybe even press ganged into short range hunting.

The only excuse I will accept for buying a 357 snub is larping SHTF fantasies of being down to your last rounds of ammo in the wasteland and finding a few 357 magnum rounds means you get to live another day. All the other shit people get told(and tell themselves) about why a 357 snub is a good idea is retarded marketing for brainlets.

If you commit to a year round cover garment it's easy peasy. With the right grips, wide enough shoulders(thin enough waist) and high waisted pants you could probably AIWB under a loose-fitting button up shirt in the summer.

So, I'm a 15.5" neck, 38S suitjacket, 30-31" waist (depends on the manufacturer).

I mostly work in white-collar work so I"m either in a suit or I can get away with a vest/waistcoat a lot.

I was thinking about getting a couple of different types and then taking them to a CCW-friendly tailor in the city.

I was considering cross-draw too, but, not with a 4" barrel.

If you have the cash to custom tailor all your shit you can afford more than one gun. Is this a LARP or what?

>muh lock

no, I just want to have one gun for as many purposes so I actually use it. I mean, I have one shotty - for everything from HD to skeet to burds.

One rifle, One pistol - makes sure I actually use them and get gud instead of using range guns at the range and carrying something different.

The right tool for the right job is a thing for a reason but if minimalism cranks your tractor and you're prepared to suffer daily for it then have at it.

it's less minimalism and more reduced logistics. Also, it helps the old lady feel better seeing me like use something instead of just buying and collecting and never using.

Okay, yeah, so I guess we are minimalists.

Suffer how, because they're heavy?

340SC

>it helps the old lady feel

I spotted your problem. Man up faggot.

Love mine, but I also went with Crimson Trace grips as my vision is not great. Practice with .38, load with 357. Also have two speed loaders.

yeah, I"m going to pick my battles here. I can own whatever guns I want, and as much ammo as I want, and it prevents my house from being overrun with kitschy girly garbage. I'll let sleeping dogs lie.

>not sacrificing his marriage for his guns

Why are you even here?

because I can get both without having to rely on traps?

IDK why, but this makes me hard for some reason. I want to get a pre-lock M60 .357, but they're hard AF to find. Tons of the .38s though and apparently they're built to near Security-Six load handling.

Attached: pix443293036.jpg (639x425, 69K)

try cleaning it

>traps not his first choice

Attached: 1525355584037.jpg (566x400, 258K)

I'm always uncertain with you guys. I know there are some who are serious, but is Jow Forums just traps-with-guns general?

>I'm always uncertain with you guys.

If you felt any other way this wouldn't be Jow Forums. Carry on.

>I dont like .357 snub noses I only shoot .38, .357 out of such a small barrel is purely a meme to hype up noguns and nothing else.

Attached: wristlet.png (488x265, 124K)

I dare you to shoot 100 full power 357 rounds out of a 340SC
your pic made me lol though

Is that reviewbrah?

I'd suggest the SP101 as well. It's just so much larger and heavier than smaller carry revolvers to be comfortably shootable and have a good grip but still small enough to easily conceal.

good little gun. I had a gunsmith fix the shitty ruger trigger and it's a wonderful piece now

>doesnt seem like there are too many options in the CONCEALED carry market

That's because it's a super niche product. compact 9mms rule the belt carry CCW world because they are better in every way that matters for CCW.

Snub nosed S&W were the pistol of choice for Detectives for years (50). Most were minimally used. Best buy on the market in my opinion. Or buy a ruger and pay someone to make almost as good as a S&W.

S&W M&P 360

Not him but I've shot over 100 125 grain soft point 357 magnu. out of my 605 in one range trip. Most of that was one handed too. It's strange to me how many retards shill for 10mm on this board but act like 357 is a wristbreaker round. My Glock 23 is more uncomfortable to shoot than my taurus snub.

It's not that it's a wristbreaker it's that the heavier recoil means slower follow up shots and god help your ears if you ever have to touch one of those flashbangs off indoors without ear pro. And all these drawback come with no appreciable upside or 38+P and 9mm which offer perfectly adequate performance with less recoil, report and muzzle blast.

Velocity and hardness yeah.

40 sw recoil is worse then 10mm recoil

Ruger LCR in 357 I think

But 357 is better. It can penetrate 32 inches of gel with a 2 inch barrel

Can it get out these stubborn tobacco stains on my dentures?

How in the hell is that possible?