/brg/ - Battle Rifle General #13 - Lucky Shot Edition

Don't touch tips: flash hider, brake, or compensator? Put your muzzle device where you mouth is.
Muricans or Monkeys , who made the best licensed FAL? DSA battles South America.
SCAR 17S LEO/Mil discount program. Finding a cop who will commit fraud for a 30 rack and other helpful tips.
"BREN 2 any day now" t. A Skellington
Why did my PTR explode? A roller post mortem.
Why did my C308 explode? Chamber pressures and maple syrup out of battery jams examined.
EEEEEEEE and other hazards of pistol BRs.
Single shot FALs and other gas block tricks.
HK slaps and why you're wrong.
Tax returns are in: deciding on a parts kit in 3 easy steps.
Tap that butt: 21st century sling mounting solutions for your cold war relic.

Previous

Attached: brig-gen-jack-l-briggs-test-fi-79515.jpg47149.jpg (600x400, 201K)

Other urls found in this thread:

classicfirearms.com/ptr-g-1-308-caliber-semi-auto-rifle/
xproducts.com/product/x-17-lower-receiver-light-weight-billet-trigger-module-fn-scar-17s-sr-25-m110-pattern/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Let’s see some pics of the Latino LMTs that we’re on clearance. Who’s holding?

I saw a billet SCAR 17 lower for sale, how much to finish one off in parts? Way more?

skrrt

Attached: 20180908_191024.jpg (2576x1932, 1.21M)

I know it's gross and Heavy, but, goddamn I still do like those Sage Chassis mods.

type 3 cast receiver fn fal moving through

Attached: IMG_3408.jpg (1620x1080, 347K)

How does a poor fag get into battle rifles? Should I get a C308?

PTR and steel case

Or a DSA Voyager on sale ($999) and handload. I like mine

>this kids alright, he can pass

Attached: 1516313010210.jpg (1279x1726, 214K)

seeDSA voyagers are known for having issues, as is any time Century does any more than electropencil in thier import marks (ie. the C308 line).

Honestly, cheapest-, best- way is an M1 garand from the CMP - learn to shoot, and then you can either mod it into a faux-M14 or sell it to fund another REAL NATO rifle later on.

No issues so far. Still winter so haven't put a crate through it yet. Soon.

It's not that there aren't good ones, but, after the Gen II DSAs, they must have really cut down on the number of hours of QC because every damn post is about small-, treatable problems that aren't addressed before getting to the consumer.

I only wish that the new BM-59s had improved their casting process so that the op-rod's stay in place - I'd buy the JRA paratrooper carbine in an INSTANT.

Nope. Sucks so much that even the firearms media says to skip 'em.

Was wondering how those BM59s were

There was a limited review in American Rifleman? I think

. Shuffs forum - while deeply biased as shuff has been making his own BM-59 for a while - goes over the main issue being poor casts that cause FtFs with the op-rod not staying in position.

It got SO bad, and so many people were sending him guns that JRA can't/won't repair, that he says he'll only work on USGI M1 receivers - which means the CMP or Fulton Armory rifles.

Said that they weren't using exact USGI/BM-59 spec for their casts, which makes me wonder about their ability to be 'drop-in' for previously-made parts.

The fact that they're selling the rifles only through Sweaty Ben hasn't helped my impression either.

What's the reciever compatiblity here? I assumed type a meant type 1 reciever but apparently the type c is for Israeli FALs not type 3 recievers?

Attached: Screenshot_20190313-000646_CM Browser.jpg (1072x1739, 682K)

Why is Jow Forums okay with “battle rifle” but “assault rifle” sends you into a speed-storm

Assault rifle is fine? Assault weapon is not.

It's 3am. Do you know where your BR is?

What ever happened to g!rl

Attached: 2.jpg (1200x1600, 179K)

>she

Trannies aren't passable now let alone in 2009

I'm still waiting on mine. Haven't gotten an email about it shipping. I called last Friday and they they will either start shipping then or sometime this week.

I don't see where a penis could be hidden here, retard

This. g1rl was the only girl on Jow Forums. Discord trannies btfo

Attached: 1.jpg (3264x2448, 651K)

Gmorning

Attached: 20190116_154259.jpg (1270x3120, 3.23M)

She had her fill of being an attention whore, once you get naked no one gives a shit anymore.

Last thread died just after asking, I'm trading my 20" PSA with strike eagle/vortex cantilever mount, with 500 rnds of ak ammo for a Argentinian FMAP FAL. Still waiting on pictures and to see it in person. What should I look for or anticipate? What do I need to know about the gun?

Attached: 1544848498486m.jpg (1024x621, 93K)

dude, everyone told you - go for it. It's a good trade.

Everyone being 2 people you mean. Though I get it. I'm also asking what I should look for when inspecting it.

Ask FAL Files - they can tell you more about the specific models/potential hang ups. We're mostly parts-kits rebuilders, I don't think Jow Forums's that knowledgable of the exact kinds of FAL.

If it shoots

Is /brg/ also sort of a Cold War Gun General? I have HK93 questions.

Sure. We're ready to let in boltybois and prs for new members to keep brg bumped

I've got a line on one from a local seller. He wants 600. Has had headspace/timing checked, allegedly 300 rounds through it, pictures look good - but that's coming from someone that doesn't know the nuances of the gun. It's a Century C93. I've been bumbling through forums and YouTube and I can't really get a good consensus. Some people think the Century guns are great, some people say to never buy them, but for the price I think I'm willing to risk it. This is a fun rifle to take to the range, not a self-defense or hunting purchase.

I guess my ultimate question is if anyone has issues working on this and replacing parts if it does end up being a lemon. Does anyone have a good source for getting HK parts if it ends up being a worst-case scenario? I can do a decent amount of work on my own - I have a press and some other equipment but if it requires a specialized factory tool (which I know Germans love) I'll be in worse shape.

Attached: 6a478e1401cfa330da529e8eedfc7859.jpg (768x1024, 105K)

>he never got to see TexasBabe stick shotgun shells in her pussy

BRB KMS

Postem

Are Israeli FALs type 3?

Attached: 20190115_140528.jpg (1388x2466, 2.49M)

Attached: 1508540810224.jpg (1200x800, 519K)

Type 1. They adopted it before NATO, so they have a weird almost metric pattern on early type receivers.

Poorfag here. I did this: Good gun, good company, good warranty. Mags are incredibly cheap.

What should an l1a1 imbel fal imported by century be priced if it's 7/10 condition?

Attached: IMG_6581.jpg (640x526, 132K)

Which PTR?

So which Ironwood set works w type 3 recievers? None?

>
get a type 2 forged receiver, they have nicer finish i've heard. i own a type 3 cast fn fal

I already have the type 3, I was looking to see if there was a wood kit for it. I suppose I could sell it for probably 100 more than I paid and buy a type 2 for more

Why my peepee so damn hard.

not worth it, i love my type 3 cast. but i would get forged if i were to do it again just for autism points

Attached: IMG_3410.jpg (1620x1080, 547K)

classicfirearms.com/ptr-g-1-308-caliber-semi-auto-rifle/

Recently purchased an M1A scout. Removed the scout mount, installed a unitized gas cylinder/front band, and added a USGI handguard. Gonna lap the barrel and install a bipod mount and a scope mount soon. Took it to the range a couple days ago and it wasn't cycling, realized I didn't install a spindle valve in the new gas cylinder so it was just venting the operating gas out the front (maximum retard). Take two today, sling shooting from a sitting position with the irons. A mag all on paper and one bullseye at 200 yds, not bad considering my entire target was narrower than the front sight. Really fun gun, very little felt recoil and a nice trigger pull from the factory. Action needed a little lubrication and breaking in, but now it's smooth as butter. No malfunctions in several hundred rounds.

Attached: 20190313_220116.jpg (4032x3024, 3.15M)

Just get a wasr, loser

is that the 18" one or the 16" one?

You get a good deal on her?

Any cheap Ar10

already have a WASR

Attached: 49907033_2388561974490263_8799548342704395692_n.jpg (1006x673, 65K)

Well, come on up to 7.62 tier 2 already. Ya cheap bastard

My collection isn't massive but it's well-rounded - but I don't have anything in 5.56 and I don't really like the idea of building a gucci AR. HK puts me in that caliber while still letting me LARP as an 80s SWAT team in my basement.

Attached: A2203C8D-2F7F-4A88-8B04-8D7CEAE2046C.jpg (1460x911, 927K)

18". I wanted to be able to shoot up to 700 yds, plus the 16" is much harder to accurize since the gas system had to be redesigned. The 18" is really just a cut down 22" with a muzzle brake. Still handles well and is light enough.

I paid a little under $1600. They have em for slightly less online, but I just happened to be at my FFL picking up ammo and asked if she had one.

Not that I'm against your idea but you should really have a 700ish AR at least. Just get an upper and lower and pop em together

can you not shoot a 16" out to 700y with the right loads?

I do agree that it's better to not have proprietary parts though.

How heavy is it - still considering if I should get one of the M14s vs my M1 tanker/BM-59 hybrid.

Apex, rtg, hkparts will have parts/ accessories.

I'm not sure about loads for longer ranges; like any autoloader you have a little less leeway than you would with a bolt gun. Note, however, that the M14's gas cylinder vents off extra gas, so it does not suffer from the problems of the Garand in that respect. I've heard you shouldn't load it faster than 2800 FPS, though that specific number may just be fuddlore, since max pressure obviously depends on bullet weight. I don't think you would hurt anything experimenting with hotter loads as long as you make sure it cycles smoothly (and lubricate it well). You can also load a bit hotter if you lap the barrel as this reduces maximum pressure.

Wrt weight, the 18" in walnut clocks in at 9.3 and synthetic 8.8. However you can get it lighter if you want. An 18" with a light fiberglass stock, rubber buttplate, scout rail removed, and a slightly more modest muzzle device will clock in well under 8 lbs. The weight is a bit front-loaded, which is an advantage if you're using a 1907 sling.

>you shouldn't load it faster than 2800 FPS
To clarify, people say don't shoot factory loads marked faster than 2800 FPS, ie hot hunting loads.

Hmmm. So, how would that ultra light set-up described compare to a 16" M1 tarted up with BM-59 compensator/op-rod/et al still shooting en bloc clips?

I always support the idea of mags vs. the en bloc clips, but, as a do-all rifle I'm less concerned about firepower than I am parts availability/strength of the receiver.

do PTR's run ok with steel case ammo?

what kind of FAL is that?

Honestly I don't know as much about the M1 platform, though that does sound like a cool idea. One nice thing about the M14 is that people are very into modifying them, so for any improvement/accurizing you want to do down the road you'll have a lot of options. OTOH Springfield armory currently uses cast receivers, which some people take issue with. The bolt and barrel are of course forged, and the only cast part that I've heard of failing is the extractor, which is easy enough to replace with a forged one. Both M1 and M14 platforms have replacement parts readily available. Check out Fulton Armory for either one, or if you want to shell out $$$ for a really nice all forged M14.

Oh yeah, I saw the FA and Bula M14s - cool, but, not $2500 cool.

Yeah, I think the key here is keeping the system as lightweight as possible. Unfortunately they don't make lightweight-, fiberglass stocks for the M1. They make synethetics- or polymers-, but, they wind up being nearly as heavy as a laminate.

Cool. Cool. Yeah, I think I'm going to keep my current plan, but, cool rifle my guy.

>Oh yeah, I saw the FA and Bula M14s - cool, but, not $2500 cool.
Lol I agree. Make sure to post pics of your hybrid gun when it's all done, sounds like a really fun project.

I can either go the long way and get it custom built by the main guy that does these ~1800, or I could buy one pre-built.

There are even a few armslist posts where it's a full mag-fed hybrid out there too - looks nice.

Attached: BM-1_Tanker BM-59.jpg (640x201, 49K)

Yep. Works like a charm.

thanks

Hello /brg/!
Anyone know how interchangeable the handguards are between these thing, the CETME, etc.?

Attached: f47c576e0116997309a919a9dac0fe7a.jpg (600x718, 37K)

fn fal 50.00 type 3

Attached: fal on table.jpg (2576x1932, 1.37M)

Is a 308 Garand sacrilege? Not going to add another caliber to the reload list right now.

not at all! I discuss it:

and the navy made a number of official ones too - so don't listen to anyone who calls it a bubbaing.

It's not sacrilege. Honestly it's way more functional than a 30-06 Garand, since they can't handle much pressure anyway, so the loads you'd be using would be equivalent to .308. However as a collector's item I would go with 30-06, cuz WWII blah blah

stop this larp before you make yourself look too foolish

Well, I mean, there are adjustable gas plugs that you can install too.

Hey guys, I'm building a .308 dmr type AR10 and was hoping you guys could point me in the right direction regarding barrel brand/length. Hope to hit stuff between 200-800 yards.

Attached: EA0625-1200x365.jpg (1200x365, 14K)

Wat??
xproducts.com/product/x-17-lower-receiver-light-weight-billet-trigger-module-fn-scar-17s-sr-25-m110-pattern/

The term "assault rifle" gets used wrongfully for semi-auto only rifles such as civilian derivatives of Kalashnikovs or semi-auto rifles from which certain assault rifles derived such as the AR15. "Assault rifle" has basically changed in context to a politicized term misused to make semi-autos sound like full-autos.

Also, "assault weapon" is purely a political term.

forends should be an easy pin-push to swap

Not really. The Navy experimented with converted Garands. They ended up being shit guns, so you want to LARP one of the biggest the follies of the gun's past, go for it.

>semi-auto
>battle rifle
No, that's a semi auto rifle. Just buy a semi-auto hunting rifle and get a bigger magazine instead of larping.

>his battle rifle wasn't designed in the 21st century
I SHYGDDT

Attached: IMG_20190201_173653195.jpg (3120x4160, 1.2M)

Where can I find an M1A stock like this?

Attached: M1A.jpg (736x552, 167K)

Because full power semi auto rifles, such as the Garand, have been historically called battle rifles. And no .308 rifle has ever really been functional in full auto, anyway. The whole innovation of "assault rifles" was to use a reduced power cartridge that would allow the rifle to be controllable in full auto, since most engagements in WWII took place within 300 yds anyway. So a reduced power semi auto rifle is not really an assault rifle.

Are you talking about the handguard, the Monte carlo-ish top of the buttstock, or the bottom cutout? Bc the handguard is something you can get separate. Never seen a wood stock like that, but if you're not married to wood JAE has an ergonomically shaped synthetic with a cutout. You could also try asking on m14forums.

Attached: dsc01212.jpg (800x450, 92K)

That looks like a garage alteration to me.

Looks nice. Reminds me of the retro futuristic look of Aug or Scout

just picked up my /brg/ pass today
I have a collapsible stock on the way, how are PTRs comfort-wise when shooting with one on?

I just hope it isn't AK collapsible stock tier bad

Attached: ptr.jpg (3024x4032, 1.46M)

Shitty. Stock stock or buffer tube + m4 style stock (obvs totes not max aesthets tho) are best comfort. Collapsible hk on is poop and slides everywhere in the shoulder pockadoodleydoo

Attached: 46760661_2216706098656446_5591157059151837686_n.jpg (1080x1350, 422K)

only the Mk I conversions sucked, but, they were later repaired/updated to MkII as well as other 30-06 rifles as well.

Welcome aboard fren

Attached: s-l400.jpg (400x318, 13K)

ISHYGDDT is all one word
I don't like your tastes. Have a good day sir

>how are PTRs comfort-wise when shooting with one on?

shitty.

Well they are handsome guns. Pic related

Attached: 7c48f74aebda458a21d7f0e08612487e.jpg (640x480, 34K)

Yeah they're probably my favorite behind walnut. They're also supposed to be excellent for accuracy.