Why aren't there any melodies/songs about the war in Afghanistan compared to WW2 and the American civil war

why aren't there any melodies/songs about the war in Afghanistan compared to WW2 and the American civil war

Attached: border.jpg (1024x683, 311K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9aPM4XZUbO4
youtube.com/watch?v=i8K0sW8GX-4
youtu.be/NnQVNwUpMCk
youtube.com/watch?v=ELY9Du9G0eg
youtube.com/watch?v=DBYa5-jrwuM
youtube.com/watch?v=MnAsDx6QkNk
youtube.com/watch?v=zg74H3m1nY0
youtube.com/watch?v=iNlpsri3Z6A
youtube.com/watch?v=qD-7Z9AL9x4
youtube.com/watch?v=8iAoibAgAvM
youtube.com/watch?v=kUGxGaCqDKI
youtube.com/watch?v=f7-d2OI0K24
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

People just want to forget about the war on terror

cause is there really a purpose to these conflicts aside from protecting cia poppy fields? No.

Intensity wasn't as high as it was during other wars like Vietnam and no draft to start any protest songs. The war wasn't on everyone's mind like WW2 or civil war to start any patriotic songs.

It's not quite what you're looking for, but it's as close as anything comes.
youtube.com/watch?v=9aPM4XZUbO4

Attached: canvas.png (1280x720, 519K)

youtube.com/watch?v=i8K0sW8GX-4

Attached: sovafghan.jpg (700x466, 291K)

Corb Lund - Sadr City

youtu.be/NnQVNwUpMCk

Did some random Scottish fag really care about "the reason" for the 7 years war? Or the Spanish Succession? Did he even know? But they still sang

Because it's like a hangover that won't stop, and we'll look back and realize how fucking stupid we were.

jk - we'll still fuck everything up in the same way that the Ugly American was pointing out in 1958

Protecting our """greatest""" ally.

The quotations really should be around “ally”.

Jihad Nasheeds are where it's at
youtube.com/watch?v=ELY9Du9G0eg

movies and books are literally the equivalent of those this generation

the random scottish fag didnt write books, make documentaries, movies and interviews, he wrote a song about a battle he had heard of, and told it to others. it was more about storytelling/educating listeners than it was about the music itself.

Bump

youtube.com/watch?v=UuB0aBHZxp8

Lot of victory songs. In pashtu.

I don't know shit about afghanistan, what intrests does israel have there? Fucking with Iran?

Attached: 1400095430226.jpg (284x276, 12K)

Wars aren't the same anymore, no conflict of the modern world is worth remembering let alone celebrating. After all, all of these wars have been fought in the name of ZOG

It was about taking out the Taliban, zog wanted poppy fields and tribes fighting. The taliban forced them all to get along and not farm poppies, there is more to it than that but thats a brief summary

What this anonsaid, and also yes, to mess with Iran. Israel got the US to invade both of the countries which flanked Iran, it was an intimidation tactic.

People just sang what they already knew

This. America has become a full blown empire, and waging endless wars is part of that (think if the centuries long quagmires Rome fought in Germany, Britain, etc). As such it’s not a good thing to constantly remind people of these endless wars, lest they get sick of them like people did in Vietnam. I’d argue that the opposition to the Vietnam War was he product of America’s growth as an empire outpacing its populations disposition on foreign policy/military.

hard to see the romance in getting your limbs blown off by an IED

No impressive battles, nothing really important achieved, no real goals for the future. Most people would probably agree that this war should be forgotten as soon as possible.

Yes there are.
youtube.com/watch?v=DBYa5-jrwuM
youtube.com/watch?v=MnAsDx6QkNk
youtube.com/watch?v=zg74H3m1nY0

Attached: 7c3cb676.jpg (544x604, 68K)

youtube.com/watch?v=iNlpsri3Z6A
youtube.com/watch?v=qD-7Z9AL9x4
youtube.com/watch?v=8iAoibAgAvM
youtube.com/watch?v=kUGxGaCqDKI

the cave people keep humming noises if that counts

Cuz you lost

Inb4 muh KD

Yeah alright I guess WW2 eastern front was a solid victory for the nazis too

Nobody makes up good songs about policing.

There are songs about Vietnam which we lost and no one is even disagreeing with you about it

>Caravan

Attached: wojakweepyfeel.jpg (225x225, 7K)

by that logic the only country left to invade to destabilize Iran is Pakistan
which is arguably more dangerous then Iran
I would say a war with Pakistan you could have 6-8 months of conventional war before turning into an Insurgency

youtube.com/watch?v=f7-d2OI0K24