Who Really Won?

>Both sides declared victory with China claiming to have crushed the Vietnamese resistance and Vietnam claiming to have repelled the invasion using mostly border militias.

Attached: 350px-Sino_Vietnamese_1981.jpg (350x231, 30K)

if both sides got what they wanted, then they both "really" won

Vietnam

The American left wing

China

everyone else

Considering Vietnam emerged MVP in the previous three wars, I'm more inclined to believe them. The Chinese on the other hand hadn't fought a major conflict since Korea and were still reeling from the death of Mao and purge of his supporters from the government.

Attached: fall of saigon us marines.jpg (1024x681, 173K)

vietnamese tactical victory
China strategic victory

everyone who died

Attached: images (26).jpg (640x480, 26K)

China pushed all the way up to Hanoi, then stripped the entire North of equipment, machinery, livestock and crops like locusts while Vietnam couldn't do shit.
They even got the Paracels and parts of the Spratlys from it
So yeah I give this to China.

But credit when credit is due
Vietnam did win decisively against Cambodia.

Hanoi is literally right in the deep north of Vietnam. To say they made it to Hanoi doesn't.
>entire North of equipment, machinery, livestock and crops like locusts while Vietnam couldn't do shit.
>They even got the Paracels and parts of the Spratlys from it
I see you read the wikipedia article, too.
The Chinese didn't accomplish shit. The fact that the Vietnamese could claim victory and still much around in Cambodia bodes as such.
It was a border war, and the Vietnamese won.

G

Real tangible territorial gains disproved your claims of victory over the Chinks because unlike the Viet gooks, they achieved something.
Vietnam was forced out of Cambodia, Laos and the Paracels and gained absolutely nothing.

Keep dreaming, Chink fiend.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-13 Cambodian–Vietnamese War - Wikipedia.png (310x663, 117K)

Vietnam because they held their border. And also because China is still butthurt over not being able to annex Taiwan.

Attached: 2892d5d172c544ddb1ab7614942d6885_18.jpg (1000x562, 235K)

This.

All the SCS butthurt today is chiefly because of China's victory in the SCS.

Vietnam hands down. Anyone else is just grabbing at straws trying to justify the chink fantasy.
>muh machinery
>muh economic stripping
The Vietnamese didn't acquiest to China's demands. The chinks Ree'd out and threw a bitch fit in the northern provinces and then left before shit got hot (which they knew it would).

Reminder that Vietnam intervened to end one of the worst genocides of the late 20th century while the American Left and the rest of the world looked the other way, and gets absolutely zero credit for it

Point taken but I understand why. When communism goes so insane to the point of another communist country having to intervene it is embarrassing because Pol Pot was trying "real communism" and that was the result.

>Pol Pot was trying "real communism" and that was the result.
He really wasn’t. He wanted to abolish modern industrial civilization altogether, when communism demands literally the opposite of that. He even said he didn’t understand Marx.

I don't agree, the only thing different was he followed Mao's school of thought over the Soviet version. It was real communism which is why so many western leftists supported him at the time.

tl;dr he was a Maoist

Mao didn’t depopulate the cities and abolish industrialization. Quite the opposite actually, he established China’s industrial base, just not as strongly as Stalin did in the USSR. Not sure what about Pot’s regime was “real communism”.

>Western leftists don't understand the thing they ostensibly support
In other news, water remains wet

>French want to keep occupying Vietnam
>French no longer own Indochina
French lose, Vietnam wins.

>Americans want Vietnam to not be commie
>Vietnam is still commie
Burgers lose, Vietnam wins.

>Chinese want Vietnam to not occupy Cambodia
>Vietnam occupied it until 1989
Gee, I don‘t know guys. I guess the chinks did a good job of not doing the thing they said they would do. So both sides won?

The western (or at least American) left has been an utter meme since the end of WW2. The Panthers were the last gasp of anything close to a real movement that weren’t just crypto liberals.

Mao was a fool who set the Chinese industry back and allowed for millions to starve. It's amazing those bugmen coup'd him out at all though considering their complete societal view of everyone towing the party line. Leave it to the Chinese to take the Soviet system and buttfuck it even harder than the Russians

>Mao was a fool who set the Chinese industry back and allowed for millions to starve.
Yes and no. He was a fool, he did cause millions to starve, and he did set industry back, but that last part (and also the famine if we’re being fair) wasn’t intentional. He launched the Cultural Revolution which did set industry back, but I seriously doubt he meant that to happen. Previously he did a major industrialization drive with the Great Leap Forwards. In any case, it’s clear that Pol Pot wasn’t really a Maoist, he was basically a Primitivist.

Pol Pot was under the assumption that society was irredeemably corrupted by capitalism and the way to build lasting, true communism was to do away with modern society and build from the ground up a Communist society.

Pol pot was an intellectual nigger and the books bitch slapping his regime was God's work (he moves in mysterious ways... through the jungle, at night)

China’s 3 month invasion of Vietnam did more to curb the spread of Communism and Russian influence in Asia than America did in 10 years

That’s pretty funny

American assessment during that time (e.g. Kissinger) was that China won.

Vietnam alienated from the USSR, lost their SCS holdings and initiated normalization of relations with China on their own after having their economy crushed, while China's took off.

>The western (or at least American) left has been an utter meme since the end of WW2. The Panthers were the last gasp of anything close to a real movement that weren’t just crypto liberals.
This is exactly correct. Since May 68 if not before, western leftists have literally been nothing more than liberals under a different name.

>being obsessed with a fake quote

Attached: 1551033806105.jpg (670x549, 24K)

>true communism was to do away with modern society and build from the ground up a Communist society.
Which is an idea that Marx denounced explicitly in the Communist Manifesto. It’s a core idea of communism that history only moves forewards, never back. Like I said, Pol Pot was AnPrim Gang.

Funny. For Vietnam to have won, Cambodia nowadays is still firmly in China's orbit and derails every single ASEAN initiative to speak out against Chinese territorial claims.

Is this how "winning" looks like in Vietnamese?

Why did Vietnam fail to install a puppet regime in Cambodia that is anti-chinese, even though they occupied it for so long?

Attached: cambodian soldiers with Type 97.jpg (525x517, 62K)

Vietnam did end Chinese influence for decades. The fact that China eventually reversed that trend doesn’t mean Vietnam didn’t lose the war itself.

>not knowing its just a paraphrased version of an actual quote

Does anybody have the "chink be gone" pasta?

I need to root out some pests.

Not a pasta, but Close enough

Attached: begonecommunist.png (621x468, 563K)

Give me proof that it is a version of a Trudeau quote. Quoting Obi Wan doesn't count you absolute mongoloid.