Camo Effectiveness

Which of these two camos does Jow Forums think is the most effective? All Terrain Tiger or Atacs-FG?
I'm looking to use the camo selected in a mountainous environment with lots of rocks and evergreen trees, mainly in the spring and summer seasons.
What does Jow Forums think?

Attached: FGvsATT.png (1106x480, 1.12M)

Other urls found in this thread:

bing.com/maps?q=gold lake boulder county&FORM=HDRSC4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why? Are you hunting or LARPing in the woods? If you're hunting, many animals don't see the same way we do and there may be more effective commercial hunting camos

Atacs.
Multicam is better than both.

just put on a hawaii shirt

Attached: products_1489866050.jpg (2673x2354, 372K)

I wanna move into the trooper league in 3 gun and I dont own any camo. and If I was to buy camo I want it to be the most effective.
how so? I would think ATT is better than multicam because it mixes the effective pattern/blur of tiger with the color and some of the pattern of multicam. that said I'm no expert in camo so I'd like to hear why.

also I noticed that about half the time in similar environments in brent0331's youtube vids atacs is more effective than multicam

bump

This, Multicam, or if its really rocky, Multicam Arid would be a better choice.
Also, is the vegetation really thick? If so a darker camo like Multicam black or ERDL Lowland would work too.

Attached: multicam_black_swatch_home.jpg (345x185, 7K)

the vegitation isn't super thick though it can be in some parts. The environment is the rocky mountains. However I wouldn't plan on being in the extremely rocky areas too much.
and why not All terrain tiger instead of multicam? they're basically the same thing ATT just has a better pattern imo

They both look like good patterns. One is slightly more green and on is slightly more brown. Do you have a pic of the region?

Attached: IMG_0767.jpg (1024x576, 162K)

>All terrain tiger instead of multicam? they're basically the same thing
That is true. People just like to think pattern is important. The reality is: spots, stripes, or splotches, it doesn't really matter. Size and color of the pattern does.

heres one picture I'll post another after this since theres 2 main types of environments where I live.
cool thanks for the info. which pattern would you think is best than for the most amount of environments?

Attached: rm-dreamlake-moose_shutterstock_940.jpg (1200x679, 188K)

Probably because he does each camo in winter and summer.

heres the other picture, there's a lot of grasslands around here and some desert but theres also a lot of forrest, and I wont be around many rocks since I wont be at mountain peaks.

Attached: 153_03.jpg (500x375, 46K)

>Size and color of the pattern does.
Not even the color. Mainly just how it's colors contrast with each other.
For example, Finnish M05 is supposed to be scientifically engineered to match the average colors of the terrain as accurately as possible. Too bad it looks just like a dark dirty-green blob if you look it from further than ten meters. Any art student who understands anything about perspective and shading would had made a more effective camouflage than that.

I also live in the Rockies. I have found that ATACS FG is slightly better for summer and MultiCam is better for winter. So I would choose the All Terrain Tiger, which is basically the same as MultiCam, because greener conditions really only last for 3-4 months out of the year.

Attached: 1-1g.jpg (2353x2421, 3.64M)

>would had made a more effective camouflage than that.
Than what?

awesome! thanks for the advice. I haven't gone out to test any camos ever so I don't know which are best around here I really appreciate the help.
do you think there would be any downside of the ATT in the summer at all or no?

Than this.

Attached: 5603183V300.jpg (1600x2400, 419K)

Not really man. Multi-environment patterns are god-tier. This is a pic in early fall, which I unfortunately do not have a MultiCam pic of. I can tell you from experience that MultiCam/OCP/Chinese knock-off Multi-Chan is an excellent colorway for Colorado.

Attached: 2-1a.jpg (1457x2069, 1.03M)

sweet, I'll make sure to get ATT then. and you live in colorado as well. is there anyway to get in contact with you? I have a few shooting buddies but none of them know of any good outdoor places to go shooting. and none of them are into hiking around outdoors with their guns

Funny you should ask. I'm actually flying to Virginia to live permanently after this snow breaks.

Look here, south of the main road:
bing.com/maps?q=gold lake boulder county&FORM=HDRSC4

Enjoy Colorado bro.

Attached: 1522711370912.jpg (555x859, 201K)

darn, thanks for the advice and info though. Have fun out in virginia. guess I'm gonna have to go it alone for this years STALKER challenge again

now which camo overall would Jow Forums think is the best for these kinds of environments? not just the FG and ATT
would SS-Peadot be any good?

shouldnt you be in school?

>I wanna move into the trooper league in 3 gun

Do they actually require camo or is that just a low-key "Don't show up in fucking spandex" filter?

honestly I have no Idea but it would look kinda dumb to not show up in camo and be in trooper.

Fellow Coloradoposter here, where are good places to stalk?

Link for that picture? I can't find anything on google.

A Jow Forumsommando made it. Pretty sure it's a Jow Forums original.

ATT isn’t very good. I had a set and it was rather angular looking as a pattern. I can’t see it blending into to many environments easily.

I also had a set of ATACS FG for paint balling and greatly preferred it. I had some people tell me it looked like the rebels’ camo in Return of the Jedi and that I looked like a WW2 GI.

Also go watch Brent0311 on YouTube. He’s the Steve1989 of camo.

camo means jack shit if
A) you haven't broken up your outline
B) you are not stationary.

Why was this worth mentioning?

Worked for him.

Attached: Funny, it was the worst thing I could possibly imagine.jpg (1339x1500, 311K)

i find people who wear camo stick out like sore thumbs

Attached: 330px-Maskowanie.jpg (330x263, 25K)