So I recently heard about how you can purchase an 80% lower receiver with out a background check or anything...

So I recently heard about how you can purchase an 80% lower receiver with out a background check or anything. Then you just need to build the rest of the gun yourself. Im just curious about the details. What parts do you still need to purchase that will require a background check? Also i live in Cali so it could be a different law, but i just want to know the details because if its that easy i will order one strait to my doorstep.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 8.59.16 AM.png (1036x541, 158K)

You order that kit from the page and it shows up at your doorstep. Then you mill the lower and build the kit. They wont ship the lowers to NJ because of the "ghost gun" law. Dunno about California. But if you bought that gun in the pic there, you'd be in possession of an "assault weapon" because of the pistol grip, and the adjustable stock. So you wouldn't be able to use it anywhere someone would see you

California may be special, but for federal laws the receiver is the only part that requires a background check. Nothing else.

how hard is it to mill the lower? what machinery do you need?

also is this "pistol" legal in californian?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 9.09.44 AM.png (561x379, 80K)

Ceratac website sells a jig kit for it. Click on the kit, there's a link to a video. Watch the video.

You'd also need a router and a vise
Probably not. Dunno about length laws in California. At work, gotta clock in, otherwise I'd look it up for you.

why is it that all californians and jew yorkers cant use google?

Cali requires that you serialize and register your 80% receiver once you mill it out, which defeats the purpose.
No. It's an assault weapon because it's a pistol where the mag inserts somewhere other than the pistol grip, as well as having a ""barrel shroud"" and threaded barrel.

Just buy a stripped lower from a gun store and lose it in a perfect storm style fishing expedition.

thanks

ill figure it out, thanks for the feedback

No prob. Just looked it up a bit, says rifle min length is 30 inches. Dunno about if they call it a "pistol". Look up California gun laws on wikipedia.

>Then you just need to build the rest of the gun yourself
You missed out the bit where you have to machine the FCG pocket and pin holes in the receiver to take it from an unregulated hunk of metal into an actual gun.
Pic related -- all the shiny bits are where you have to mill metal out, it's basically flat across the top of that area when you start. (But try not to do as crappy a job as this guy did -- and he's not done yet.) You can buy jigs to make this pretty easy with a drill press and/or router, or just clamp it in a vise on a milling machine and dig in, but either way a lot of people really screw their first attempr up bad.

It's a fun project, and everyone can learn the skills and get the equipment to do a good job, but it sounds like someone may have misled you about how easy it is.

As for legality in California -- last I heard your kooky legislature was passing a law specifically to crack down on these, which basically outlaws every chunk of aluminum in the state -- not sure if it's gone into effect yet, or how the inevitable court challenge is going.

Attached: AR-15 FCG pocket.jpg (1248x832, 227K)

In California you cant get around gun laws by building them
You can build a California AR and then register it. But you cant make a semi auto ar with a detachable mag or whatever.

>But you cant make a semi auto ar with a detachable mag or whatever.
You can, you just have to cuck the grip, fix the stock and remove the flash hider.

ahh that makes sense, now i understand why its still legal that way. I was more just wondering about it because the context i heard about it was to buy a few 80% lowers incase there was ever a confiscation you could still have these. Maybe it would be best to just hang on to a couple but only wait untill it was actually needed to mill it out.

Drill press, drill, router. I’d go with the Router and quality jig. And be prepared to ruin one.

Attached: 7B59F7BB-7B81-4B58-AC0A-8EDB8EBB119D.png (1348x470, 57K)

Awesome conversation you just had with that ATF agent matey.

lol what?

I didn't stutter

ive even seen those 80% lowers sold at gun shops in California so its not illegal here, i was just curious about the details

So what if it was? He just asked some questions and I explained the legality. Ya fuggin mong.

ar pistols are nothing more than range toys. find a better way to waste your allowance.

>Cali requires that you serialize and register your 80% receiver once you mill it out, which defeats the purpose

True, but there was a cutoff date where you didn't have to have them serialized if I'm not mistaken. Whether or not you think the ATF or DOJ can prove if an 80 percent lower was finished before or after this time is up to your discretion. 80percentarms and similar companies have said as much.

because they arent legitimate New Yorkers or Californicators, they are anti gun advocates doing research on how to fuck hasgunz Americans.

Attached: 1551375949048.jpg (960x705, 59K)

Yeah, you can go ahead and buy some 80% lowers and leave them for just incase but you'll also want to pick up mags ammo and uppers which would be hard to get during a full crackdown

Theres not a cutoff date. the new law made it so everything unserialied has to be serialized. The cutoff was for something else