Pocket carry 38 special

Shot pic related at the range today and want a revolver, but also looking to get a potential pocket carry. That being said id prefer one with an exposed hammer. What do Jow Forums? Whats your go to? Post em if you got em

Attached: 5DE05819-335C-49DB-9387-874F7471E5C2.jpg (500x346, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gunbroker.com/item/803890744
youtube.com/watch?v=oZaxay1eXks
youtube.com/watch?v=O1umkX3wM58
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

LCR-X

Why do you want to pocket carry an exposed hammer? Do you like that it'll snag when you try to pull it out?

>Why
because he wants one. A bobbed hammer isn't really a problem.

why pocket carry with exposed hammer?

>id prefer one with an exposed hammer

This is only a preference of inexperienced newfags. There is zero reason to ever need to cock a hammer on a belly gun like a snubby. Anyone who says you can't make precise shots with DAO is just outing themselves as someone who hasn't put the work in to master the DA trigger.

Attached: S&W 638 Body Guard 38SPL $479.00.jpg (700x525, 180K)

How did you like the Kimber?

They really need to start making these without the lock like they do the 442/642.

it was dogshit, no exposed hammer.

>no exposed hammer
No fucking shit you fickle retard, I gathered that much.
What I meant was build quality.

Don't be too hard on the beaver anonbro. He's butthurt because wanting a hammer has exposed is inexperience and he's embarrassed.

I like exposed hammers. I think the hammer shrouds make it look like a Quasimodo gun

>The Ruger LCR

Attached: Quasimodo_1.png (536x576, 227K)

>I like exposed hammers

That's because you're inexperienced and low skill. Pic related is what peak performance looks like.

Attached: S&W 642.jpg (640x675, 93K)

No, I just don't carry my dad's old .38 snub in my pocket. It works fine on my belt

How fucking hideous

Attached: 1551290432634.png (825x523, 466K)

If you're going pocket carry I highly recommend not having an exposed hammer. Odds are in a defensive situation you'll not have time to use the single action capability. For plinking it's nice, but I would rather train with the revolver how I would use it and a concealed hammer is a lot more convenient for carry

What's the difference between the 442 and the 642? Finish? I'll be deciding on one tomorrow.

Attached: 1531377890115.jpg (996x720, 98K)

Blued/parkerized vs stainless

You have no idea how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Attached: 100_2646.jpg (2048x1536, 814K)

Once you step up to belt carry a revolver is not optimal user. You want to be optimal don't you user?

I prefer the SP101 to S&W j frame due to the weight. They handle .357 nicely.

There's also blued AND stainless in one gun.

gunbroker.com/item/803890744

This is the only real option here. Get the LCRx for the exposed hammer

Attached: D70F34CE-140B-4F48-A8CC-BDADA511A235.jpg (4032x3024, 3.6M)

Been pocket carrying this for years. Hammer doesn't bother me, but I suppose you could bob it if it did.

Attached: 20190313_172246.jpg (4032x3024, 3.21M)

it's dogshit. And it also has no exposed hammer.

OP here, it was nice, more kick then im used to but managable. But some palces seem pretty steep price wise

A J-Frame is the largest gun your average guy can get away with for pocket carry inside a holster (considering concealability and flexibility with the gun inside your pocket) **in any type of pants**. The Kimber and LCR are too large. Don't get an exposed hammer as many have already said

Attached: IMG_20190309_025058.jpg (3036x4048, 3.86M)

Yeah im getting that vibe, i want to get into revolvers and im looking for soemthing with a bit of lighter trigger pull, i get the point of the heavier one, im answering my own questions here but i guess i just gotta practice with revolvers more and git gud

It is long and heavy, but lots of double action shooters as well as myself would tell you that it makes you bear down and focus on the shot process; a good thing when you're limited to 5 rounds. I tend to drop more shots with my Glocks than with my M&P 340 because I get overconfident and skip over the fundamentals

>i guess i just gotta practice with revolvers more and git gud

Say it like you're looking forward to it lol. Make sure you're doing plenty of dry fire practice DAO. Practice pulling the trigger through while keeping the sights steady. Don't try to go fast. Speed will come with time. Release the trigger at the same rate you pull it and make sure you release it fully. Recognize when you are getting fatigued and stop. Do a little every day and you'll be surprised how fast your muscles will get with the program.

>it makes you bear down and focus on the shot process

Mastering the DA trigger will improve your handgun game across the board more than anything else I can think of.

youtube.com/watch?v=oZaxay1eXks

Make the cylinder the same finish as the frame and this'd be p. nice tbqh

Oh i have no problem with practice im new to guns or at least ownership, so im trying to pick up and diversify as much as my bank account lets me

A bobbed hammer is still exposed you mong

The K6s is my daily carry.
I load it with .38 wadcutters and the kick can be a little surprising if you're not used to it. The trigger is amazing, even out of the box it was among the smoothest I've shot in a revolver.
The fact that it was a compact frame that had a six round capacity with a full three dot sight set justified the price point for me. I know some people might sulk at anything Kimber, but I really think they did good here.

Attached: 0313191734.jpg (4160x2340, 3.02M)

I really wish Kimber or Colt had a reputation worth a damn these days because I would probably buy a 6 shot snub from one of them for shits and giggles. Kimber is just too random with the QC and service and Coltshit is hecho y Mexico.

The K6s is by nearly accounts a very nicely made gun, Kimber's current reputation generally stems from internet memes based on the MIM parts in their 1911s way back from when Ron Cohen ran the company.

Have both the K6 and 649 magnum and I prefer the S&W. If you are bent on carrying a steel gun, the magnum jframes can be bought used for around $400.

Attached: rsz_img_20181205_172731970_hdr.jpg (1512x2016, 683K)

Who made your holster? I prefer to AIWB my 442 but would like to find a pocket holster that doesn't add bulk to the gun. I tried a sticky and desantis, both were fuck huge and uncomfortable to carry.

Attached: rsz_img_20190110_212739037_hdr.jpg (2016x1512, 813K)

Uncle Mike's pocket holster size 3 is the smallest, thinnest one I have found. The downside to it is that in some pants with larger pockets you have to get it oriented just right as it doesn't have the stabilizing "wing" like on a Desantis. This, of course is why it's so petit. Also the grip strip on it is not super tacky like other holsters I have tried so when you draw you have to practice pressing against your leg so the holster doesn't come out with the gun. It's got its' quirks but like I said it adds the least bulk and it works for me.

Guy you replied to. It's an Alabama Holster pocket holster. Hickock used to mention them quite a bit in his videos. I added the zip ties and Velcro obviously, but it's fantastic. Been using it for 4 years now

smith and wesson 642 and ruger lcr are basically you best/only options. The kimber and the colt cobra are too thick for pocket carry and the models that have a hammer like the 637 WILL snag, trust me I tried. Others like the 638 get full of pocket lint in the camel hump

Attached: smith and wesson model 36.jpg (1024x678, 41K)

And exposed bobbed hammers aren't a real problem for pocket carry, especially if you use a pocket holster. If you've never carried one then don't pretend to be an expert.

If you're going to go revolver get a judge public defender for ccw.

Get a Smith and Wesson r8 for side arm.

That's what I did.

Judge is small, shoots 410 hornady critical defense.

LCR is objectively the best snub nose, with the 442 and 642 close enough behind that it comes down to personal preference.

>LCR is objectively the best snub nose
Not with those lack of aftermarket grip options, it isn't

J frame is smaller, easier to work on and has a ton of grip options.

LCR has a replaceable front sight.

youtube.com/watch?v=O1umkX3wM58

I pocket carry this when taking the trash out. It has a bobbed hammer and 0% chance of snagging

Attached: E10B70C5-90D5-42CB-96C0-C45BDEA0723B.jpg (4032x3024, 1.93M)

All the numbers on that paper must be terrifying to the hoodrats when you wave it at them.

K6 owner here, can confirm its a bit big to pocket carry -- however IWB is exactly like a j-frame, literally any tshirt will cover it, and I am a skinny fucker.

Attached: k6s.jpg (4000x3000, 2.23M)

This

I've never heard anything bad -- ever -- from a Kimber owner. From someone that ACTUALLY owns one.

Besides, if I was in the market for a 1911, Honestly? I would probably start with a Kimber and build off it. But 1911's aren't my thing.

Attached: Kimberashit.jpg (3000x1989, 695K)

You could make a picture like that of basically any gun, are you serious?

tfw no wiring schematic edc in .50

Glocks did the same thing, fuck off

Any other gun and Glock are not marketed as premium products with a price to match. I realize most brandfags that buy a name as an ego boost can't admit that it's basically as shit as anything else just with a mark up for ego boost so I'm proud of you guys for admitting Kimber is just overpriced shit.

As has already been said...internet memes. That's all you've got.

9mm lcr > 38 revolver

Yup. 38 is a brainless round, significantly less powerful than 9mm, takes up more space and is more expensive. Just makes no sense

It's not that 38. Spl makes no sense, it's that 9mm is ballistically superior to it out of sub-3" revolver barrels while not being as noisy or hard recoiling as .357 Mag. Being forced to use moon clips is no good though imo.