Going to do some anti poaching in SA in 4 weeks and i need some help with the equipment

Going to do some anti poaching in SA in 4 weeks and i need some help with the equipment.

most of it i will buy in South Africa.

I will go 1 week before the training start to stay with a friend and buy all the things i need.

The training is 2 weeks with 2 weeks work + few more weeks of extra work with a political organisation.

They said that i need:
1. Durable bush clothing, long and short pants, warm jacket and sunglasses.

2. Good walking shoes (for rought terrain)

3. Sunblock and hat.

4. durable water bottle.

5. Multi tool (leaterman)

6. Anti-histamine, pain tablets ( for headaches after a night in a boma and obviously the sun )

Anything else i need?

Attached: 1.jpg (425x425, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

buzzfeednews.com/article/tomwarren/wwf-world-wide-fund-nature-parks-torture-death
youtube.com/watch?v=_zXKtfKnfT8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sunblock causes skin and other cancers, wear a long-sleeved shirt instead.

Might wanna swap shoes for good boots, with a couple spare orthotic inserts. Wouldn't recommend steel toe, not for the kinda environment you're going into.

Make sure you get your vaccinations. Like, all of them. If you're leaving the country, you'll need to get that stuff anyways (if you're form the US), so just double down on it and get it done. There's like, Ebola, and shit, maaaan.

>sun causes skin cancer
>sunblock also causes skin cancer
everything is a lie

1. I've got some 5.11 ridgelines that I've enjoyed schwacking in. Canvas canoe pants if you're afraid of thorns and briers, but also like to carry water. I don't wear shorts.
2. Laceup boots with ankle support. I'm biased to the Danner Light IIs I got for a steal.
3. High spf liquid block, avoid spray on. Anything with a brim you like the look of and isn't felt. Don't let your ears get fucked and remember to coat them with lotion too.
4. Nalgene brand nalgene, get some stickers and a web buffalo holder for it.
5. Don't know anything with pliers that you like.
6. Generic brand stuff that lends itself to being packed easy, wrap them in a ziplock
Get a bandana for sweat, have a second one for your neck if you're doing a lot of looking back and forth all day and to help cut down on sun exposure. Cheap leather work gloves. Good socks, I'm biased towards smart wool because I got them for a good deal. Synthetic underwear, Addidas is cheap and comfortable.

Sun exposure is actually good for you, just don't go full retard and roast your pasty-ass skin all day right away; start with short exposure times (10-15 min./day) and work your way up.

I used to work on a ranch and unironically wore a sombrero because of the sun protection and coolness of the straw. 10/10 would recommend.

Good sunglasses and a bandana will also go a long way

Attached: 5536.jpg (600x412, 123K)

is vaccinations really that important?
will check it out if other also comment about that.

good advice, thank you!

will save all the good advice and talk with my firend about all the good stuff

>I'm biased towards smart wool
I use Darn Tough Vermont because all the Smartwool socks I ever bought fell apart in 6-8 months of casual use.

Africa is like Australia except instead of being poisonous the animals all carry horrible diseases.
Get your shit vaccinated up, senpai.

I would suggest buying what you can were you are, I’m assuming US or Europe. The selection here in much lower and most of the high quality stuff is imported and more expensive.

As far as locally available stuff goes:
For boots - Salomon for comfort and weight. Again Not much of a selection. CAT is also ok, very tough but often is heavy.
Jacket - I use a First Accent polar fleece, just remember that you will be carrying it most of the time.
Sunglasses and hat. Any decent brand polarized sunglasses, most people you use soft bush hats, cannot think of any brad in particular.
Lots of different brands for cloths Jonsson is probably the most common.
Water bottles - get a camel pack, in most areas that require anti poaching you will need more that a water bottle.
Multi tool - anything fairly light, I use a rebar, wave is good too. Get a biggish folder as well CRKT M21 or something like that.
Antihistamines - no idea, don’t use them
Pain killers - don’t really use those either, Disprin I guess but though are pretty low grade.

Anything else - back pack maybe, depends exactly what you are doing I guess.
Wish you luck.

im checking it out now!

>bullshit
Your the cat fucker.

As a dude who makes sure dudes are prepped to do dude shit in shit places. Get your yellow fever vaccination if you havnt already. Google "state dept STEP" and enroll, so the embassy can keep track of your ass in case you get kidnapped. Plus they will send you some good tips on where not to stay, where not to use ATM to pull cash, medical advisories, general shit on the country you are going to.

Get some kuhl pants if you want the most breathable lightweight hiking/travel pants you can wear to church if you had to.

Get boots, garmont T8s are excellent and decently cheap and extremely long lasting and comfortable.

Sunblock, stick with spf less than 50, because anything stronger will feel like paste. Just reapply every 3 hours.

Get bug spray and a snake bite kit.

Multitool, if you sre set on leatherman, the supertool is as heavy duty as you can get. Personally i would get a small wire cutter about 8 inches or less for cutting snare wire. Definitely get some cheapo trauma shears in case you need to cut canvas quick.

Medical shit, since i assume you are in the states, go on amazon and buy a metric shit ton of emergen-c powder. Hands down best vitamin mix across the globe. Take one in the morn and one at night. Hopefully you dont catch pneumonia while you acclimate to the environment, if you do, hyrdate like a motherfucker and max out on your vitamins. Robatusin is a global product, tylenol and motrin isnt. Check the laws and take some melatonin with you so you can have a restful sleep.

Good luck and have a safe trip user.

And vaccines gave you your autism

Good luck OP, bring me back a testicle necklace

Attached: rhodesia.jpg (1500x1007, 689K)

100% get all the vaccination you can. Don't walk barefoot unless you want worms to burrow through your feet into your lungs. And don't drink unfiltered water.

Many such cases!!

If you need a cool hat, unironically get a genuine pith helmet, the kind with the brim. Keeps you legitimately cool.

dont get wool socks, if you get them wet they stay wet. mainly for winter trips but still

They stay wet, but they don't lose their insulating power like cotton does.

what is anti poaching? you fly down to africa and get to legally shoot niggers for 2 weeks or something?

>you fly down to africa and get to legally shoot niggers for 2 weeks or something?
Basically, yes.
buzzfeednews.com/article/tomwarren/wwf-world-wide-fund-nature-parks-torture-death
I know, >Buzzfeed, but....

OP here.
Africa ain't a country but more like many different states with out of control black people without birth documentation or ID of any kind.

Its wild west but a lot more black people running around.

so it's the wild, wild west then
youtube.com/watch?v=_zXKtfKnfT8

>Villagers have been whipped with belts, attacked with machetes, beaten unconscious with bamboo sticks, sexually assaulted, shot, and murdered by WWF-supported anti-poaching units
>The charity’s field staff in Asia and Africa have organized anti-poaching missions with notoriously vicious shock troops, and signed off on a proposal to kill trespassers penned by a park director who presided over the killings of dozens of people.

I don't see what these people are so upset about. People are killing god's creatures, they deserve to get the same in return. A life is a life, especially when that life is >10x as massive as a human. I'd volunteer myself, but I get sunburnt easily.

You literally cannot win. If you don't help, you're a racist ignorant first worlder standing by as our Natural Wonders are stripped bare. If you help, you are a racist neocolonialist brutally oppressing poor minorities who are just trying to support themselves

It's not about right or wrong, it's about all the world's problems being your fault no matter what

Would I need qualifications or is it just "you're in shape enough and can shoot a gun?" What's the pay like? Can someone elect to do it for more than a few weeks?

White people are a dying breed, and with them 4000 years of western philosophy and built up ideals.

Attached: 1493761221861.png (499x693, 382K)

Do they provide a complimentary FAL?

I just happent to know a few ppl and you only need the basic training and a little money to get in.

I dont know, but you can rent one and shot a FAL at the shoting range

How 2 into anti poaching

How long do are you gonna guard the zoo animals for

>warm jacket
it's summer here, it doesn't dip below 60F at night until well into june

>walking shoes
no, get boots with ankle support, no steel toes, cushy insoles, canvas side boots are the best because they breath

>hat
shemagh and a ball cap because you'll spend 85% of your time in a bakkie

>water bottle
klean kanteen so you can actually boil your water

>boma
i don't know who is telling you what but nobody sleeps in a boma when there's literally hundreds, if not thousands, of lodges with designated ranger rest stations

>pain pills
ibuprofen

and you're not going to be given a firearm under any circumstances unless you get your AG-3, double stamped 17 and pass the CSMS marksmanship courses which take over a week and are only available to citizens and work visa holders with their AG-3, if you're being told you can carry you're being bullshitted or a LARPer because none of the foreign volunteers are legally allowed to carry and dozens of them have been arrested for illegally carrying

This is how you know someone has never served, nothing beats stacked wool socks.

I get to know a buddy from SA at a right wing lecture about white genecid. I showed to them I was not a idiot and he said if I wanted to help and so we planned.

It's a game hunting farm I'm going to protect not a zoo.

Going to stay n protect their for 2-11 weeks but most likely less than 11 weeks because going to do other stuff

Thanks for the legal advice, while south africa is as lawful as a crack house I will still be lawfully as i can be.

>white genocide

>a wild genocide denier appears
The Bantu have been exterminating and subjugating every ethnic group in their path for over 2000 years, why would they stop now?

Get Marino wool socks no guns

Venomous *