Bulletproof face masks

Are bulletproof face masks at all worthwhile? Talking about all contexts here from military to police to civilian to mercenary

Attached: 0BC6E7FB-3394-4DCF-B687-3E5DE0C60BFC.jpg (300x300, 6K)

wouldn't the impact still fuck you up pretty bad or possibly bad enough to still kill you?

>Are bulletproof face masks at all worthwhile

Only if you get shot in the face.

Yeah, but so does getting shot in the helmet and fucked up is still better than having a new facial rectum

It would hurt but you'd be alive. Of course they generally can only stop pistol rounds, but even that is better than, well, taking a bullet to the face.

No. Are you going to walk around in a fucking face mask 24/7?

>gets shot in body while wearing mask

Weeeeel guess these fuckin’ maskey thing’o’s were pretty dumb then

Attached: 5951CCBB-9B13-4CF3-908D-9753FAFE4DDF.jpg (828x1026, 69K)

I have one. They are for busting in the door and taking out the guy with a .38. and pieces of wall that go flying when shot. If you realize you don't want to use it to use it in a war zone, and it will save your life and not from pain. They are pretty cool.

If the gun was large enough that its projectile would break your face through a mask, it would also break the shooter's shoulder from recoil. Physics bro.

Bait...?

>it's Autistic: Yes
>Aeshtetic: Yes
>Works: No

>anti-tank rifle niggas: exist

Your point is stupid

I think you're sufficiently dumb that you didn't even get the point.

Maybe you, pussy

Maybe if you were going into a situation where you expect shrapnel like clearing a building full of sand people.

pretty sure the point of it is simply keep your head from getting mangled besides that you'll probably be on the ground for awhile if you get shot in the face with that on

kek

Wouldn't a riot visor or EOD shit do that job better anyways?

Attached: 1509368208685.jpg (800x600, 340K)

you probably gonna get a jaw fracture and lose some teeth depending on what hits you

They're only good for intimidation which is precisely the only thing they're used for in a professional setting.

Attached: bolivian_police_1-tfb.jpg (305x504, 24K)

L85 Lol, so much for intimidation

let's be serious. Jow Forumsommrades buy the ballistic mask for personal aesthetics.

Damn, I want to look that good when it finally happens.

Why would a teddy bear be using a handgun and not a rifle?

Helmets don't have full face coverage, you can still get your face disfigured or get domed from the front by a bullet to the eyes, forehead, through the nose, or a shot passing through and hitting the back of your brain or spine. That said, they don't offer a ton of protection, enough to prevent lighter pistol rounds or shrapnel from disfiguring or killing you and thats it. Better than nothing for a high intensity firefight or getting stuck in a riot, but for regular use the weight and restriction of your vision outweigh the benefits imo.

They're only good for SWAT teams and the types of people SWAT teams raid.

Someone forgot to cut a hole in the mask part of those gimp suits

>shoot straps
>armor falls off
Ezpz

This, ballistic masks look cool but they limit vision.

Attached: b5181e571fd4cec9e1a85d01f1c99aaa.jpg (500x655, 73K)

and communication. why not just wear a fucking ballistic helmet visor like the russians have with gorka.

This is the pic that make me buy mine. I have a mossberg 500 flex with the 18.5 barrel that ends in the breaching brake.

I dub thee, Sir Dracula Cape and Sir Clown Shoes.

Are those tactical mittens on the right?!

why doesn't the military just make a full suit of armor of 1/2" ar500 steel so that people are basically immune to bullets

and arm every soldier with a davy crocket? you and me user, we should run this fucking place.

I can only speak for Jow Forums. 90% of the board are too weak to carry 25lbs plate carriers.

not worth the loss of proper cheek weld

>Are bulletproof face masks at all worthwhile?
they slightly impede your vision and discomfort
they are also only rated until .44 magnum, and even then it will knock out your front teeth
its better than dying, but its unlikely you will still keep fighting

its most useful in chaotic or unpredictable urban combat, where spall and frag are flying everywhere or in polic operations, where shotguns and pistols are very commonplace and the fighting likely to be unpredictable
as a side bonus, falling on your face or being slammed against the wall is less disorienting since you wont have your face grazed

its a definite no when doing anything involving long marches, patrols, or open combat
and it requires the user to be aware of its limitations
but they have a use, though not a common one

nobody buys them to use them. We just like the look.

Every time I see this, this pic comes to mind.

Attached: 1542485277782.jpg (738x640, 109K)

>Get hit in the face with a baseball bat from average swinger
>Get hit in the face by marble sized metal ball going +-2500fps

Saw pictures of a guy took a .45 1-2 inches under the eye, broke his eye socket and fucked up his jaw a bit. But without the mask would have 100% killed him.

Body Armor :
"It doesn't take away the pain, just keeps you in the game"

no, its just strapped to the outside of the hand

anyone have that .gif of that ukranian nazi militia guy who shoots himself in the stomach with a 9mm, wearing body armor?

>implying the recoil being dampened by the gun/stock seated in your shoulder is equivalent to the recoil being distributed through a .5 inch point of impact on your face

why do i fall for bait

I've never seen them available for sale. Where did you pick yours up? It seems like it could be worth having around.

can you wear one of those and still be the Governor?

Attached: 1510378165491.jpg (881x768, 161K)

they sell certified mask on ebay. There are various websites that sell them too.

Is there a helmet on the market that can actually stop a rifle round from penetrating?

I like helmets with chops better.

Attached: products-Airframe_Chops_af.jpg (1024x981, 378K)

Where were you the last million stupid ass face mask threads?