Will all future fighters lack internal guns? The J-20 and J-31 don't an internal gun and neither do the F-35B and C...

Will all future fighters lack internal guns? The J-20 and J-31 don't an internal gun and neither do the F-35B and C, and the F-35A only carries a small amount of ammo for it's gun. So will future fighters like F/A-XX and Tempest go without as well?

Attached: aerial-gun-fire-news__main.jpg (700x510, 37K)

It depends. It's still somewhat useful as a CAS weapon and it gives aircrews a sense of security, so I suspect it'll continue to be available in Pod form if it is removed from future designs.

This, it will be available in a pod, but i doubt six gen will have one.

How many times must we make this mistake?

Have we seen Chinese stealth designs with a gun pod? I think they may just ignore it.

We have not. Then again, the planned mission of the J-20 seems to rely entirely on BVR missiles for both A2A and A2G. I would think they'd at least demo one for the J-31 though, given that it's supposed to be an export fighter.

>It's still somewhat useful as a CAS weapon
Kek

>muh Vietnam
Every fucking time

a bomb truck is a bomb truck is a bomb truck

the export version was designated FC-31 but they have since scrapped it and renamed it to J-31 which means they are not going to sell it.

Really? I had heard Pak-istan was interested in acquiring it to have a hi-mid-lo sort of thing with their air force.

what is a gun even used for in todays day and age?
oh right, nothing.

IIRC the export idea fell apart around the same time the idea of using it as a naval plane did. now who knows what its going to be used for.

b-b-b-but muh brrrrrrt! Muh meme-8 muh willful ignorance of the fact that nearly all CAS is GBUs and AGMs

future fighters will go back to dual or even quad guns

There was no difference in Kill Ratios between F-4's equipped with guns and ones that did not carry useless weight.

Yeah well you’re useless weight faggot

> noguns of the sky
> named lighting II instead of phantom II
What did they mean by this?

>future jets will be so deep into the stealth meme that missiles become obsolete
>we go back to shooting large caliber rounds at super high speed/altitudes like our ancestors
Future is looking bright boiz

excess energy from those beefy engines can be capitalized for a laser system. pew pew. Future is so bright I need protective shades.

>Lazer brrrrrrrrrttttttttt
>Outer atmosphere Lazer-tag dogfights
>Arkbird
One can only hope