Old guns in modern conflicts

Post em
military.com/video/operations-and-strategy/battles/saudi-soldiers-use-mg42-in-firefight/1204489510001

Attached: Machine_gun_of_Royal_Saudi_Naval_Forces_in_December_2014.jpg (2000x1333, 239K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mddT8aqrOBA
military.com/video/operations-and-strategy/battles/saudi-soldiers-use-mg42-in-firefight/1204489510001
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

caliber check

Attached: ukraine2014.jpg (915x610, 120K)

Just go to
wwiiafterwwii

Attached: ppsh3.jpg (1000x665, 169K)

Attached: 1548279954224.jpg (650x434, 47K)

Heck of a shotgun.

where did that come from? I love it, but, I just can't understand.

>Bio/Mechanical unmanned fully autonomous war machine of the far distant future
>Still using M2 .50 cals from before WW2

Ain't broke-

Attached: 2125172-169_metal_gear_rising_revengeance_ps3_gameplay_021413_cow.jpg (1280x720, 203K)

Attached: hek of a shotgun.png (2000x610, 660K)

hahah, goddamn, that's pretty good.

Used to find these in Iraq regularly. The best is when you hear someone mag dump one in sector...You Just know what is cracking rounds off out there

They're all over the middle East, as is all Soviet era weaponry.

Attached: ppshld10.jpg (819x550, 94K)

Attached: syrian-rebel-using-stg-44.jpg (1000x649, 174K)

Attached: madsen1.jpg (960x540, 89K)

Attached: m1-garand-syria.jpg (600x911, 375K)

I have an interpreter buddy from Iraq I still talk to via FB messenger and he actually owns one. He sent me a pic of it a year or two ago and blew my mind. He's a gun guy and knows exactly what it is as well, and the historical context behind it. Pretty awesome

stupid terrorist, when he runs out and it goes PING the americans will know he cant shoot back!

Where the fuck does he get bullets for that thing?

That pic is from Lebanon, not Syria.

Attached: Syria MP-40.jpg (629x556, 61K)

....30 cal is pretty common man....

Yemen has seen a oddly large number of T-34s being used, at least two have been hit by ATGMs.

youtube.com/watch?v=mddT8aqrOBA

Attached: Yemen-USSR_T-34-85.jpg (800x600, 90K)

fuck outta here with your pedantry.

>where does he possibly get hold of one of the most common calibers in the world???

>STG-44
>.30 Cal
Ok Retard

Post more sks if you have any.
Its a shame it got cheated out of the limelight by the ak.

were you born retarded or did you get professional training?

There's actually a factory in Serbia still producing 7.92x33.

I swear to god, this will actually happen. The fucking thing just doesn't quit.

Attached: 1522925021817.png (741x290, 46K)

This. There seems to somehow still be a lot of the surp around over there too. Enough that the madmen in Khyber Pass make those 44 bore AKs that will fire both 7.62x39 and 7.92x33.

Attached: 1522784028033.jpg (569x800, 416K)

Attached: 1552227288522.jpg (480x360, 32K)

Attached: 1543774671127.jpg (1200x800, 79K)

Attached: 1545524959538.jpg (480x360, 32K)

Fuckin' PPU, they got something cheap and reasonably reliable for everyone.

North Korea has some T-34s (76 and 85) as well. Used mostly for training and parade, but I would totally believe that they would press them into combat if things became bad enough.
There were also some SU-100s rolling around Yemen as well.

Attached: QaIi8df.jpg (1279x968, 87K)

IIRC, a fairly large stash of StG-44s made it to Syria via...who the fuck even knows. Probably the Russians at some point.

They're not as rare as they're made out to be in general, either, at least as I understand it. Obviously they're not a common find, but outside the US they still pop up more than you'd expect (blame the NFA and the Hughes Amendment). There were a bunch used as props in Star Wars, for example, basically every gun in the original trilogy was milsurp from WWI to the '60s with some loose bits and pieces glued on.

Attached: 2ivcz61.jpg (745x800, 57K)

So you're saying we could have had more, affordable surplus StG-44's.

Damn, but that pisses me off.

>Cheated
They were developed and used concurrently in different roles. AK was for mainline troops, SKS was for support troops. SKS was general issued to a multitude of units like engineers, transport, guards/security all manner of places where a short ranged automatic rifle was unnecessary but a semi-auto carbine with better range was advantageous. Not even getting into the dozens of second and third world infantry units it was used in. There were Iraqi army reserve infantry units still issued SKSs as their primary arms in 2003.

SKS was not supplanted by the AK-47 and Later AKM/AK-74, it was developed at the same time to serve a slightly different, second line role, which it did very well for more than half a century, and in some places still does today.

I'd bet money theres still Chinese army units equipped with the Norinco mag fed SKS.

It's just a reference to the fact that it sprays a shitload of particularly small bullets so quickly and from such a huge mag that it may as well be a shotgun firing buckshot rather than an SMG

Post WWII they had tons of German equipment laying around so it got used as lend-lease style equipment to what ever conflict of the day a country wanted to support. The large STG-44 cache was found sitting in a shipping container in Syria that had been in the Syrian governments armory.

France even ran a Panther division for a while after the war, same with Bulgaria and Romania. France's saw the biggest use though.

Does 'nam era gear count as old yet?

Attached: Resistance fighters posing for a group pic right before their mission to infiltrate and destroy a T- (960x716, 197K)

Attached: 7JLpCzv.jpg (2048x1433, 182K)

Its from a meme about a bunch of people on Facebook wildly misidentifying Soviet ww2 era-firearms.

Which conflict is that?

Someone post the museum cannon firing from a truck in Syria

I wonder how many Jews died at the hands of that thing.

Attached: Intelligenzaktion.jpg (1200x879, 345K)

Each one of those rifles is worth more than any of these people have ever made in their entire lifetimes

Attached: poor man expensive rifle.jpg (500x502, 45K)

Look like flips.

seeing as its probably been in storage for the most part, none. No go back to your containment board you wehraboo faggot.

>'nam era

They're mostly using M16A2s which are still manufactured for foreign customers and still in use by the National Guard. The only Vietnam era weapons I see are the M14 DMR and an M16A1, the former of which is still in US service and the latter was only retired in the 2000s.

Attached: Sniper_rifle.jpg (1299x1038, 478K)

>wehraboo

I'm from the anti-Wehraboo board

Attached: AnneFrank_001-ALT.jpg (687x1117, 531K)

Laos army was using them up until recently where Russia offered them T-80s in exchange for their T-34s iirc

god damn that thing is still around?

>giving Laos modern T-80s for 80 year old tanks that were of questionable quality even in their heyday

Attached: wtf.png (762x1122, 956K)

Correction, they gave Laos T-72s.
The russians do place a lot of historical importance on the T-34(especially since every modern russian tank traces its lineage back to the T-34). Russia does have a large stockpile of T-72s and T-80s anyway.

Its a pretty good deal for Laos. Trading T-34s for T-72s with no additional cost, thats one hell of a deal.

/pol doesn't believe in the holohoax
jew fuckers like him ((( )))
do

Just google "syria" + your favorite WWII gun/machine

Attached: Cwk0SYIWQAEAq6f.jpg (917x900, 186K)

uhm

Attached: Stg44.jpg (610x531, 71K)

>military.com/video/operations-and-strategy/battles/saudi-soldiers-use-mg42-in-firefight/1204489510001
That's an MG3, not MG42.

Attached: Kurdish_Peshmerga_sniper_with_Pattern_1914_Enfield_and_PU_scope.jpg (750x422, 55K)

uhm...

Attached: 159234c77a0d_sf_3.jpg (1024x576, 109K)

that looks like WW1 to me.
Great War Steel Helms and K98b rifles.

Yeah, it was the Russians. They have warehouses full of old nazi captures, hence why they didn't bat an eyelid melting down thousands of old rifles to make a church step a few months back. Fact is, STG44s and MG42s are artificially scarce in the US. In Russia, they're utterly abundant and because of the lack of civilian market to offload it onto, they're basically worthless.

What kind of loser keeps in touch with terps

>Jin Roh intensifies

Attached: god tier old school animations.gif (400x216, 2.01M)

SKK - Mag Fed SKS
We had heaps of them here in Australia before the 1996 NFA
a really fun gun

>Great War Steel Helms and K98b rifles.
Those are M35 helmets and Kar.98a. The 98a was often found in second-line and police units during WW2.

Attached: Bundesarchiv_Bild_121-0397_Frankreich_marschierende_Schutzpolizei.jpg (800x566, 55K)

It looks like they were in storage in the years after WWII, so clean.

Attached: AR10_in_Yemen.jpg (720x960, 144K)

the literally spirit of the Wehrmacht hunting for Jews.

I seriously don't understand how aussies, en mass, just threw their guns at the government. Literally handed over private property that was fine before hand. I know there's a lot of illegal guns in Australia now, but how this is even enforced is mind boggling. Same with britistan. Is it lack of balls? Lack of rebellion culture?

falsehood. There are more legal guns in Australia now than there was before the buyback. There were 16 guns per 100 people before buyback, and about 4-5 out of those 16 per hundred were affected by the "mandatory buy back"/confiscation/dispossession(their favourite legal word). Since then, the number of legal guns has gone back to 17.5-18 guns per 100 people. There are estimated 8 illegal guns per 100 people in Australia.

Ok, well when you have a government that for the most part knew who had what (even though there are many never registered guns still in circulation) , the police could come to your house and arrest you for not surrendering what you had registered.
You can't out run the government if you have a residence, a regular job and a registered firearm.

TL;DR - submit to government authority or go to prison.

And yeah illegally manufactured submachine guns are a plenty in Australia, not to mention illegally imported guns.

I'm guessing zero....as it's either an MG3 or MG74....built in the 1960's

Attached: mfw.jpg (3628x2475, 765K)

>Syria has boiled over
>would eventually run out of steam
>stockpiles of heavily-used StGs and assorted militaria
>an enterprising Sidorovich-type of Syrian knows about US parts lists, hires a bunch of dudes to chop the receivers up while getting funding from the (((disarmament council))) on how it's "a statement for peace"
>US surp market flooded with StG kits
>new receivers
>TAPCO makes some poly stocks for them (heresy)
>whole new bunch of aftermarket

It might be wrong cutting them up, but this would be the best possible way of it going wrong

There's TONS of them in europe.

I'd tell you to Kys but you seem the type to get a darwin award or forget how oxygen works anyway

No they're not. They would be if someone took them to the USA before 86, but in ME they hold almost no value at all. You can find milsurp Full auto AK-47 on polish sites for about $400 meant to be converted or for people with full auto licenses.

The Libyan civil war has brought lots of Carcanos out of the closet.

Attached: libyans_with_carcano_M91TS_and_M91_infantry_rifle.jpg (500x375, 68K)

I think he is going full turbotismo on the use of the word "bullet" instead of ammo, cartridges, etc.

In other words, he should kys himself.

It was Yugoslavia.

pretty good deal for ruskies too.
T-34 are like a classic. its worth more now than ever. you can get mothballed rinkydink t72s in combloc countries for $40k upwards. a functioning t34 is probably a lot more than that

Ethiopia still has them in storage. Last I checked they wanted to convert some of them into SPH

India is still using bren, which is even more obsolete in modern warfare than mg42

Attached: images.jpg (279x180, 11K)

Only thing that's "obsolete" in mg42 is the unobtainable ammo. It's just old.

Than it's obsolete.

At least the brens in indian military arsenal were rechambered in 7.62 Nato and even then it's obsolete because you can have an entire section with AK which has about the same firepower as Bren but with half the weight

PPU

Prerry sure south korean still uses m1 carbine

stll better than INSAS

Attached: Kurdish_fighter_shoots_at_ISIS_with_Iranian_Vz98-29_Mauser.jpg (980x552, 138K)

>It's obsolete
It's still in service as the MG3, rechambered for 7.62 NATO.

A piece of sharpened stick is better than insas

H O W

Attached: 1495579655734.jpg (811x622, 87K)

It's not that rare seeing M1 garand still in use

Attached: dec2018.jpg (787x609, 209K)

>that trigger discipline

Libyan rebel with M1919A6.

The Sudan isn't that far from Yemen 2BH.

Attached: 1348282600537.jpg (800x534, 89K)

Henlo new friend, it’s from a old Facebook post that had tokeravs and PPSHs in it and everyone was mislabeling the guns.

They're not biodegradable.

Only the dead are biodegradable.

is this to hold the charging handle back ?

Attached: bho.png (379x136, 112K)