Did Model 60s go to shit like Marlin's leverguns when Freedom Group took over?

Did Model 60s go to shit like Marlin's leverguns when Freedom Group took over?

Attached: 2-mar60_1.jpg (575x575, 17K)

Presumably once they ran out of old stock. Also fuck the shift from actual wood stocks to that particle shit.

Don't know because I only buy old ones because they are easy to fix and cheap. Bubba shoots the shit out of it and never cleans it and trades it in because "it's crap".

Attached: HPIM0700.jpg (2304x1728, 2.21M)

I have six Model 60s or their variants, none newer than 30 years old.

Attached: Marlin_99M1_989M2.jpg (1181x1622, 453K)

I'm not one to question why anyone would buy a gun. But I have to admit I'm a little curious why you would want 6 of the same .22.

Not him, but it's very easy to have a combination of 6 relatives (kids + grandkids or siblings+kids+nieces+nephews) that might conceivably want to go shooting together.

Gone to crap. Same with the magazine fed variant. Different materials in the triggergroup and ridiculously loose tolerances.

>semiauto .22
Yikes
Go manual action, you will never regret it.

Fair enough. All of my friends and family that are ever willing to shoot already have their own guns, so I never think about having to furnish guns for other people.

All variants of the model 60 like the 99M1, the 989M2, the model 75 etc. do have two model 60s and yes I supply the plinkers at family fishing camp.

I at one point had a Marlin 6079, my brother didn't have a .22 so I sold it to him.

When I got it the thing wouldn't cycle, manually no problem, on its own though it'd shove the round to high and hit the top of chamber. The feed ramp was shot to shit so I bought a new one, had to modify it by cutting off a lug to get it to fit the old style receiver. Once I did that it functioned flawlessly.

No. They work fine. They are very simple guns and make for an excellent first rifle for a kid.

no its so simple even rem cant fuck it up.

Marlins are fucking cool

I have two old school Glennfield Model 60’s. From before Marlin bought the rights.

been there, regret it. don't make my mistake, stick with semi auto and happiness

I bought a new model 60 acouple years ago online, gun ended up having canted sites issue like the lever actions so I sent the gun back. If you get one get it locally so you can look it over. Ended up finding a remington nylon 66 for a good price that I'm very happy with.

I bought an old Model 60 that's supposed to look like a M1 carbine as a gunsmith special for $10. I just need to get a new sear and mainspring and it should be good to go, but I'm just a lazy fuck.

Also, it's a blowback .22, unless they make it out of tin foil and plywood, it should run fine.

the one i got has a weird hex size on the bottom that doesn't match any of the hex screws in my collection so i just never cared to properly clean it after all these years i can still hear its crying

.22lr isnt an accurate enough round imo to justify needing a bolt action. A bull barrel on a semi auto will shoot just as well

See If you have the original rear sight you are golden. If not, good luck. They are unique and rare.

Oops. Meant that for

Interesting. What all do you do beside clean and buff them?

Marlin went to shit because the old factory was held together with duct tape and bailing wire. The machines were old and worn out, the guns were hand-fitted, and half the build procedures were in the factory workers' heads. When Remlin moved production they had to rebuild a lot of that. They've been established now for a few years and QC is on the rise again.

Any suggestions on how to disassemble a magazine tube that is binding?

I recently bought one from Cabellas and it looks like either the barrel wasn't indexed correctly or the front sight hole was drilled canted. I was pretty pissed when I realized it. It's not even worth sending to Marlin to correct, but it'll be the first and last Marlin I'll ever buy. My only consolation is it was only about 140 dollars out of pocket after the 100 gift card I got for free and the tech sights I bought so I could actually zero it.

No, they went to shit a solid 20 years before that.

Your """""opinion""""" is factually incorrect.

Lots of cleaning. They are usually filthy. Sometimes I have to put new springs and extractors in. Sometimes a new feed throat. The later ones replaced the ejector with the end of the lifter spring. That is always mis-adjusted.

Attached: HPIM0704.jpg (2304x1728, 1.24M)

Attached: Marlin60_ejector_gauge.jpg (624x935, 116K)

It's a bitch. You have a dent. Try finding the exact right piece of steel rod and pound it out.

Oh yeah, e-clips are always missing. There are two sizes, small and smaller. McMaster Carr has them.

This one needed a new feed throat.

Attached: HPIM0710.jpg (2304x1728, 813K)

This one would fail to fire. I would have to pull back slightly on the bolt and then would hear a slight click. The disconnector was dragging. took it all apart and deburred all the pieces and it shoot great. 50 bucks at a pawn shop because it was broke.

Attached: HPIM0707.jpg (2304x1728, 1.03M)

supposedly laminate stands up to dry conditions better. it's heavier, too. all that epoxy. not too bad looking, but that changes with the times. i wouldn't mind one.

Attached: leversafetydelete.jpg (2000x1125, 265K)

Yeah and you did a great job of providing the "facts" behind your correction.

It's a heeled bullet and an overall antiquated design from the 1880s, literally designed from flobert rounds made to be fired in bars at short distances. Both matchgrade bolt actions and semi autos are more precise and capable than the .22lr round itself, so no it doesn't really make a difference.

yeaaaaahhhhhhh...this smacks heavily of "I've never shot anything other than the cheapest bulkpack high velocity stuff I could find at walmart".

Go look up Smallbore competitions. People are shooting 1-hole 10-shot groups with .22lr at 100yds, from unsupported prone. Or if distance is your hangup, go look up IHMSA rimfire. People are reliably hitting 1/4 scale steel silhouettes at distances out to 300yds with a .22lr pistol.

Within the scope of .22lr's effective range, it is every bit as mechanically accurate as any centerfire cartridge ever invented and 1/4 MOA is reasonably achievable.

Yeah man I shoot Walmart bulk .22 out of my match barrel. How'd you know?

Attached: 20190314_231802.jpg (4032x3024, 3.62M)

By complaining that .22's aren't accurate, duh. Because that's been demonstrated as false since fucking 1887.

So now that we've conclusively proven that you're fucking wrong, shall we discuss whether you either bought some chinesium "match grade" barrel or whether you're just a shit fucking shot? Since clearly you're unsatisfied with the accuracy you're getting out of your .22.

Idk, mine is like 40 years old, never been cleaned and stacks em at 50 yards with a 4X.

Where did I say that ".22lr is inaccurate"?
Where did I say that I'm unhappy with the accuracy of my .22lr? Are you able to read and follow a conversation without strawmanning every response?

I've found replacing the magazine tube spring helps with most feeding issues.... Also keep a good supply of buffers
> both have rear sight
Nice....

Attached: IMAG1122.jpg (3264x1824, 1.62M)

>not having based squirrel stock on your model 60

its like you dont WANT to be an operator

Attached: wm_8470835.jpg (650x488, 59K)

Uh...right here.

Yikes, that is disgusting. Clear your gun after every trip to the range so you are not like this user.

Getting the bolt and guide rod/spring back in and setting stock tension is a pain... I don't clean mine until they stop working...

This. I pulled mine out of my dads closet after putting it there 15 years earlier.
Hadn’t been cleaned in 20.
Ten minutes later it was good as new!

I love plinking. I don’t have more than one of the same gun yet but I’ve picked up at least a dozen .22 rifles.
If I see another model 60 cheap I would buy it.

Nice user.

50 bucks plus some tinkering for a 100 dollar gun? That sounds like an awesome Saturday afternoon.

Both are fun.

Woah, that's odd. For some reason your quote of my statement didnt actually match my statement. Could you try to read a little closer big guy? I'm not using big words or anything.

>moving dem goalposts
>"the .22lr is not accurate enough for a manual action"
>bullshit, it's every bit as accurate as any other gun, here's a plethora of proof
>"I never said it was inaccurate"
>yes you did, right here
>"nuh uh, that's not what I said"
I'm legit unsure if you're autistic, trolling, or just retarded.

Probably but the old ones are still pretty damn common. I got one with the pre ban 18 round tube for just under $100 at the pawn shop.

My God this is why we shouldn't allow 14 year olds on reddit. I said a .22lr will perform the same out of a semi auto or a bolt action match grade rifle because vith are more capable than the design of the bullet. It's not hard to understand, Its not a difficult concept, and you've done nothing to counter it besides voulentairly making yourself look stupid. What else can I help you accomplish today?

>pre ban
>Marlon Model 60
I'm going to assume you're either a syrup nigger or eurotrash, either way fuck off faggot.

>>bullshit, it's every bit as accurate as any other gun, here's a plethora of proof

user I...

What's a 'vith'?

Typo for "both"

Yeah it's a good idea to keep spare springs on hand. It's easy to fuck them up.

No and no. In the 80s they changed the capacity from 18 to 15 to stay legal in New Jersey. I found an old one wit the 18 round tube. Faggot.

>tfw I also have that one.

One of the only guns I was able to get from my granddad's big collection. Grandma remarried and that jackass got most of them.

you have it backwards. marlin manufactured model 60s under the glenfield name for department stores to sell. marlin was the original and only manufacturer. glenfield was just a store brand they were sold under

I inherited a couple of these from my Grandpa, both are tube fed. Accuracy and action wise, how do they compare to the 10/22? Obviously not going to be a quick to reload cause no mag, but otherwise are they solid? They're both pre-Freedom Group as well.

My new Kentucky 795 and 60 are more accurate than my glenfield 60, marlin 70, and marlin 49DL... Marlin let their tooling go to crap before they got out so they went up in quality after getting bought out..

Attached: 20180505_002153.jpg (2560x1440, 1.09M)

The are tack drivers. Dat micro-groove don't you know?

Attached: HPIM0712.jpg (2304x1728, 974K)

My fellow basketball American.

Attached: Rifle_Marlin-Glenfield-M60-2.jpg (2304x1728, 1.58M)

They really are a tinkers dream. Fun and easy to work on and really satisfying to get them shooting again.

Attached: Marlin60_New_feedthroat_Old_bolt.jpg (801x483, 70K)