Is there any downside to using a ton of lubricant in your gun? Why not just keep your guns wet and slick as fuck

Is there any downside to using a ton of lubricant in your gun? Why not just keep your guns wet and slick as fuck.

Attached: CLP.jpg (1200x1200, 85K)

because some of that stuff will get in the chamber and you won't like it when that happens

Handling, collects dirt from all over, can ruin wood, few others.

i see youve never oiled or greased anything, nor have you ever worked on anything mechanical.
you probably dont even own a gun. shouldnt you be on a videogame or transsexual board or something?

when u shoot the gun it will slip out of your hands and splatter oil in your hair

After a certain point excess lube will start doing the opposite of what it's supposed to.

How does that question imply that?
There are people who suggested historically that you run ARs wet. Calm your autism.

Running ARs wet is because it likes it, and they're relatively sealed up against dust. At the same time, you could do with minimal lube, and that's what most people do, and it works great.

I imagine ton of lube is being able to see the oil on everything, and most guns would not benefit from it.

do you drink a full bottle of vodka on friday nights because the more the merrier?
use only what you have to. in cold weather especially, since your gun will seize if you use too much lubricant to keep it running.
lubricate lightly, every gun, every time

You seem upset.

Attached: Kahr-min.jpg (5312x2988, 2.66M)

>do you drink a full bottle of vodka on friday nights because the more the merrier?
Yes?

Since almost no one in this thread is capable of giving a real answer apparently:

It can cause dirt, dust, and powder to stick and get very gummy. Too much on moving parts can also spray all over while you're shooting, which is a bit distracting

well i guess the point was missed
i thought i was talking to americans

Only downside beyond messiness (especially with CLP having detergent properties) would just be wasting lube pointlessly. Unless your rocking motor oil, that shit costs money.

>How does that question imply that?
because anyone that works on anything that gets lubricated knows that grease and oil attract dirt and grit and dust and metal shavings and everything else in the environment around it.

The INSAS apparently shoots oil into the eyes of the operator. Makes me laugh every time I think about it.

This is what the military uses in rotary gun systems.
MilCom TW25B.
They make a kit of oil (with TW25B in it) regular TW25B grease and gun cleaner. Shit works like magic.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.comasdasda.jpg (2000x2000, 128K)

Yes, that is what a detergent cleaner will do. Just asking a simple fucking question doesn’t mean the fuckstick is a discord tranny.

Because believe it or not tons of lube rubbing against tons of lube actually creates friction and the best way to minimize friction in systems that require lube is to apply a thin film.

Apply liberally wipe off excess philosophy tends to work in every firearm plus who the fuck like oil mist exploding in their face when you overdo it.

haha, that would be crazy, right? drinking that much. haha

Attached: 1547559877177.jpg (1920x1080, 298K)

Messy, also collects dirt/grit/powder residue and takes it to places that are hard to clean.

That rules. Poor thing was just trying to give the poos a bath

It's like a crowning cherry on top of a shit sundae that was that program. Why they couldn't just manufacture a straight up AK-47 clone is a mystery.

Generally, the wetter the gun the better it runs with less wear on parts.

However, stuff like sand and dirt like to connect on grease and oils. So if you are out in AZ or something it might be less than ideal.

Your gun and any "go-to-war" gun should be able to dry, but unless you are in bad conditions I would recommend at least a little lube.

>not keeping your gun wet, wild and juicy

Ideally you want a very thin layer which is all you need to protect it from corrosion which can be accomplished with wiping it with an oily cloth. If something feels tight you give that spot extra to try and loosen it up. Just keep you gun clean from debris and don't over oil it.