According to a recent news report...

>According to a recent news report, a Department of Defense contractor told the Air Force that each new toilet seat cover for the C-17 cargo plane will cost $10,000.

theamericanconservative.com/articles/why-do-air-force-planes-need-10000-toilet-seat-covers/

Holy Shit why not just buy Chinese?

Attached: 081108-F-0782R-165.jpg (3983x2211, 2.96M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QdmH47VNiS4
youtube.com/watch?v=Et4sMJP9FmM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So they can pay for hookers and coke

Reminds me of the 10K USD coffee mugs.
They'll just 3D print it now.

Are you really this fucking retarded?

youtube.com/watch?v=QdmH47VNiS4

Chinese toilet covers only cost half a Vivo while American ones cost 10 iphones.

.... That makes a lot of sense.

Shit, six years in logistics and I never figured out why a screw costs $50 each.

Attached: 1378243018458.gif (281x158, 449K)

>eyewash station in the corner

That's a nice touch.

Christ I should become a DoD contractor

I know, it’s genuinely so fucking obvious that it makes my brain hurt when people ask about this shit

Super limited production run on a “Certified Aircraft Part”.

That's just like how the Robinson R22/44 choppers head lamps are the exact same ones used in Massy Ferguson tractors.
Tractor lamp = $7
“certified aircraft part” lamp = $114.

As expected, America's government lies to them and they say thank you, take my money and then bow down.

Unlike China that is upfront with the citizens. Lol American Freedom and Independence only amounts to this much.

Post the Chinese expense reports, lmao.
There arn't fucking any for people to complain about, only the american FOIA transparency lets people know about and complain about this shit.

>China is upfront with is citizens
.02 yuan has been deposited in your account and .0005 has been added to your social credit score, keep up the good work Xiang!

>Unlike China that is upfront with the citizens.

Hmmm, really makes one think

Attached: Welp.jpg (653x447, 32K)

Why spend 10k when they could use OP's mouth for free instead?

>Unlike China that is upfront with the citizens
this is what chink insects actually believe

It's really not. Far more likely that the money is lost in mountains of red tape and skimming off the top than any sort of organized conspiracy.

People who believe in the black projects meme have probably never had to work with government bureaucracy in any way.

If they can lie about this then how can Americans know if the answer to the lie is a lie?

For all the saying about it going to black projects, I'd rather believe it goes to pockets of contractors.

whatever helps you sleep at night.

Air Force is THE BIGGEST WASTE of taxpayer money. These fucks haven't done SHIT to protect the country from a massive invasion that's still going on. They're only good for threatening and killing a bunch of brown sheepfuckers across the world.

TOTAL
WASTE
OF
MONEY

Fuck every and each one of these welfare queens.

Attached: 1523973479493.jpg (1043x1737, 283K)

this. illegal imigration has accounted for 9.7 MILLION illegal imigrants entering the US, and the US military wants to defund Trumps wall and ICE plan that would save the country to rebuild some dumb base in aisa.

the american people need to rise up

america needs to rise up and return america to how it was intend to be, a white ethnostate with little restrictions on its citizens that is secluded from the goings on of the rest of the world. immigrants are destroying our culture and our history that spans thousands of years.

>we have this super secret plane and missile that can BFTO everything else
>but because they were handcrafted by virgin there's only 1 of each and we only deploy these super duper thing after all of our industrial capacities are bombed so no more production hehehe
imagine the IQs low enough to believe this

Attached: j9rFDUY.gif (218x218, 1.5M)

there is a more accurate quote

youtube.com/watch?v=Et4sMJP9FmM

UAV is actually good at killing shit though

For that kind of money you could buy a 3d printer to make as many toilet seats that you need.

动态网自由门 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Free Tibet 六四天安門
事件 The Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 天安門大屠殺 The Tiananmen Square Massacre 反右派鬥爭 The Anti-Rightist Struggle 大躍進政策 The Great Leap Forward 文化大革命 The Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution 人權 Human Rights 民運 Democratization 自由 Freedom 獨立 Independence 多黨制 Multi-party system 台灣 臺灣 Taiwan Formosa 中華民國 Republic of China 西藏 土伯特 唐古特 Tibet 達賴喇嘛 Dalai Lama 法輪功 Falun Dafa 新疆維吾爾自治區 The Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region 諾貝爾和平獎 Nobel Peace Prize 劉暁波 Liu Xiaobo 民主 言論 思想 反共 反革命 抗議 運動 騷亂 暴亂 騷擾 擾亂 抗暴 平反 維權 示威游行 李洪志 法輪大法 大法弟子 強制斷種 強制堕胎 民族淨化 人體實驗 肅清 胡耀邦 趙紫陽 魏京生 王丹 還政於民 和平演變 激流中國 北京之春 大紀元時報 九評論共産黨 獨裁 專制 壓制 統一 監視 鎮壓 迫害 侵略 掠奪 破壞 拷問 屠殺 活摘器官 誘拐 買賣人口 遊進 走私 毒品 賣淫 春畫 賭博 六合彩 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Winnie the Pooh 劉曉波动态网自由门

Man, I can't wait for your government to ban Jow Forums so I don't have to see this drivel anymore.

Attached: 10527331_607955962655962_7852952283276965767_n.jpg (627x627, 36K)

You're implying that's not some Upside Down Landian fishing for (You)'s

That's what they're starting to do.
It allows to produce small pieces without hiring new contractors. In the future they're even planning to print actual spare parts for maintenance.

>morons being shocked that industrial parts are more expensive

R&D, low quantity production, weird specifications and so on can drive costs up like crazy. Stuff you can buy at the hardware store for 10$ can cost 100 times that just because of some dumbass certificates.

>, I'd rather believe it goes to pockets of contractors.
Lol.

I was once one of the owners in a small company which sold some lab test equipment to the US Army. Here's how it went down:
>Army contacts us, asks about our product. We chat for a while, army asks for quote.
We send quote, standard Net 30 terms. In case you aren't aware, that means that the buyer agrees to pay the total due within 30 days of receiving the product.
>Army agrees, signs contract, issues PO.
We build and deliver the machine on time. I travel to the facility, do hands-on training. Buyer signs off paperwork indicating product received, in working order, and training complete.
>Mail invoice. Nothing happens. 30 days pass...then 30 more...then 30 more....hours of phone calls, thousands of dollars with lawyers, and then, on day 452 we are informed that we "submitted the invoice incorrectly".
We are instructed to use a special computer system to send the invoice. The training on how to use this system is only offered once a year, 2-week training course in Arizona which we must pay to attend.
>Fuckme.jpg (keep in mind that it's been a fucking year an a half at this point and we still haven't even been reimbursed for costs, let alone made any money)
Decide to ask more questions. Finally someone tells us: Oh, nobody actually uses that computer system, it's too much hassle. We'll just code your invoice in a slightly different way and it will get paid.
days later check arrives in the mail
Company name misspelled and the bank won't take it.

it's all about red tape and specifications/certifications.

Even thought he part might theoretically be available from a hardware store you can't just go buy it from there because:
-The hardware store is not on the "Approved Vendor List" (aka whoever donated money to the party in charge)
-The hardware store is not owned by a woman or minority
-The hardware store does not support billing via some kind of absurdly complex government system
-The hardware store knows they will take months and months to finally get paid, assuming they ever actually do get paid, so they refuse to do business with the gov at all.

I have dealt with all of those issues and more, personally. By the time you find the thing you need with the right "certificates" from someone who IS on the right vendor list, etc, you pay a fuckload more money for it. You also waste tons of time and money in finding such a vendor instead of just buying what you need from a convenient source.

Yeah I've had to deal with this shit in a large company that wasn't even state owned. It was impossible to get anything done.

I had to get equipment for the lab, but each department had its approved vendors and most of the lab wasn't owned by ours. So I had to go through hell to get more of the same equipment that was all over the lab. Even the poor lady in charge of finances had no fucking idea what was going on.

Thank god anything below 2000 bucks didn't require any of that, because I regularly went to the hardware store to get equipment, or ordered shit online.

Worst I had to deal with in a private company was this:
>>Hey boss, I finished installing that software update you asked me to. The computer is now really slow, we need more RAM.
What will that cost?
>>Well, I got quotes from 3 vendors, they're all about $400.
Next day:
>>What's the word on the RAM, boss?
Oh, we don't have any money in the equipment-upgrade-and-repair budget, so we can't buy any. We've got plenty of money in the new PC budget though, so just buy a whole new computer.
(at the time, that was a $2000 expense).

this is exactly why the chinese are overtaking the us

kek

Reminds me of this one at the same job:
>have a few computers in the lab that aren't connected to the internet
>they're all used to run some very specific contractor-made software for some expensive equipment
>a lot of this equipment has to run for days or weeks without interruption
>management decides that all computers now have to run on Windows 10 for safety reasons
>have to install windows 10 on those computers
>everything goes to shit for no reason whatsoever

And don't get me started on the security part.

>history that spans thousands of years.
Nigga what

Isn't it funny how the records of the first audit of the DoD were contained in the section of the Pentagon hit during 9/11, and only weeks before they were set to be released?

Nope. They moved them in the nick of time. To WTC7.

Lol, I had nearly that exact same shit, though in my case it was Windows Vista they pushed on me. Otherwise same exact situation though: computers weren't on the internet, were for dedicated use with obscure custom equipment. Nothing working after the "upgrade".

IMPLESSIVE

Attached: chinaposter.png (1073x386, 338K)

>chink detected!

>at least our toilet seats don't break in half chang

hahahahahaha fuck off chang

what. the. fuck. are. you. trying. to. say?

>english mothr fucker do you speak it!

Attached: Chink Warding Spell.png (1400x586, 692K)

I was in USMC aviation, they explained it to as each screw needs to go through testing for aerodynamics and gforces and shit. Thats plausable, maybe..

But still doesnt explain why the wiring in my helmet harness costs $3k

>american QC
ohnononono

Attached: Untitled.jpg (2560x1390, 466K)