Attack of the nigger pirates

Maritime security. Thinking of saving a couple grand for the training/certification. Wanted to become a mercenary; no military exp; figured this is the next best thing.
What's the skinny? What's the good, what's the bad, what's the ugly? Is there still a demand or is it a dying industry? Saw a couple user's on here talking about how somali pirates were all wiped out. Just saw on the news Nigerian pirates captured some people or some shit. I don't know anything. I COULD probably (((google))) all of this, but I figured i'd come here since you guys are the real niggas. Any imput welcome. Thanks, Jow Forumsabrones.

Attached: DSCF0137.jpg (4288x3216, 2.9M)

Other urls found in this thread:

seafarers.org/training-and-careers/jobs/entry-program/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Not gonna get in the field without experience. So enjoy wasting your money.

Thanks for the heads up.

You cant bring your gun into the waters of some countries so you lll have to throw your $4000 Gucci AR into the ocean when you pull into the straights of Hormuz or something. Plus if your contract ends while you’re under way the ship will dump you at the nearest port and it’s up to you to get home

Merchant marine user here.
I see armed maritime security jobs sometimes.
They all require prior experience as law enforcement or combat arms military. It’s not something you can just take a class and get a job, sorry.

Do the guards actually do this or is this hyperbole/autism

Throw the guns in the water? Yeah, that's why most of them use DPMSes or cheap AKs. There's a company that tried making floating armories for them to drop off, but it would be wasteful for the time it takes to set up/pick up, plus they can be intercepted.

As for the whole contracts, when I worked as a Courier often they paid for one ways when I made deliveries on flights. Had to usually find a way home by bus/train/plane, so I'd imagine shipping companies would do the same to jarheaded mercs.

>merchant marine user
SO whats it like on the seven seas?

Attached: arrggh.jpg (640x480, 69K)

High pay, daily routine that doesn’t change. Sometimes cool things to see. Sometimes scary things happen. Mostly boring.
When I’m out there all I can think about is getting home. When I’m home all I can think about is getting back to sea. It’s a weird life.

Care to say some numbers?

Attached: 1546394028585.png (521x406, 90K)

Attached: 1552186670076.png (1053x613, 1.19M)

Shitty. STAY AWAY!

Attached: Screenshot_20180831-175457_Gallery.jpg (1080x1387, 931K)

Seven

$550 per day. I’m a low ranking engineering officer.
I work about 8 months of the year in voyages a few weeks long at a time with time off between.

You make seven figures?

Haha yeah this is totally a thing that people do

Also why does the horizon seem to tilt in the middle of this picture.
FLAT EARTH CONFIRMED

Not him. U just wanted some numbers.
How about nine. That's a nice number

You gotta look into it.

Yes

Attached: Screenshot_20180831-174935_Gallery.jpg (1414x1080, 1.07M)

Looks like a mini Gibraltar

Gibraltar u say

Attached: Screenshot_20180831-181120_Gallery.jpg (1080x1435, 913K)

That shit's worse for you than smoking straight cigs.

Sure. Not me so idc

I was just trying to be cool. Thought I'd drop into the conversation by stating a fun fact. I was hoping to gain some acceptance into the board.

We still love you.

No way user is that actually It ??

>Maritime security. Thinking of saving a couple grand for the training/certification.
this is fucking retarded, also maritime security pays like ass and the whole african pirate stopped years ago

Is it hard to believe or something?

Attached: Screenshot_20190314-021055_Gallery.jpg (1394x1080, 1.05M)

>stopped
No it didnt. Slowed down, but didnt stop.

Is merchant marine still here? Ive been thinking about it but i dont know if im eligible. I get out of the airforce october 2020 and il be 25. I know the academy wont take me but is there another route in?

Academy isn't the only way to become a merchant mariner

Forgot to add, look up hawsepiper

I rather join the pirates and kill on the spot those tankers who dump chemicals on their sea

But a tanker that is spilling oil is already kill, my melanin enriched brother, you can't kill something which has already been kill.

Le edgy!

Are there any instances of pirates fighting the US Military during the 1993 UN intervention in Somalia or is this entirely a recent phenomena?

Attached: us-army-ssgt-william-yurconic-from-the-511th-military-police-company-fort-drum-bba818.jpg (976x1532, 451K)

Just a lil

I've been through there plenty of times. Its nothing super special to me anymore

>Le edgy!

>huge corporations dump chemicals into the sea
>killing all the marine life the fishermen now turned pirates made their living off of

joining maritime security in this day is stupid, they make like $12 an hour and do next to nothing

Angsty teen much?

I see you didn't refute my points, I'm also 27

Tell us more about you're time in the merchant mariner field and how you know so much.

How do you get exoerience if you cant get into the field without it?

Be ex military or law enforcement

We're talking about Maritime Security. And it almost always pays like shit. OP would be better become a LEO or joining the Coast Guard.

Ahh, so you dont have any experience with any of this. Roger that

Well OP is certainly not going to get the job without any kind of actual experience

OP would have a better shooting narcos off the coast than some fantasy about attacking fictional pirates

>fictional pirates
Nah, they're real.

>'m also 27
that's what a teenager would say......fagot

All PMC jobs are only available to ex-military personnel, and with combat experience. In some cases law-enforcement experience might be sufficient, or some very specific civ or military jobs (NBC stuf, pilot, medic...). All those "private military contractor" classes you see are useless and won't help you join a PMC, unless you belong to one of the previously mentioned groups.

If OP would join the coast guard, he could become a famous shooting instructor and be invited to play airsoft in Japan.

what the heck, they make longer AK barrels?

On k of all places this kind of ignorance tut tut

Join the Army or Marines. Be in the infantry. Then maybe, maybe you can be a PMC. If you’re serious and not just being a doughy mall ninja go to your recruiter if you want that life. Get after it

Why did u quote me, faggot?

Literally every thread on Jow Forums that has anything to do with boats or the navy ends with a bunch of anons talking to a merchant marine about merchant marining

Attached: 1552097231555.png (1100x739, 1.25M)

It's great.

The rundown is you do nothing its super boring lol bring a console some books a laptop and booze
if youre really really lucky you can pop off a few rounds at a shitty little boat but thats about the extent of it
Also if you aren't ex military you wont get hired 100%

Ehhhh. No

We run this board

It me.
I know a lot of guys who used their GI bill to pay for Merchant Mariner academy. There’s 6 state academies iirc, only the one federal school at Kings Point has the age limit.

However academy boys are big gay and the ratings and hawsepiper officers don’t respect it.

HAWSEPIPE FTW

Attached: Screenshot_20180717-000156_Gallery.jpg (1434x1080, 769K)

You're too young to be part of this conversation kiddo.

>hurr if the news doesn't talk about them they don't exist anymore.

You're a fucking retard. Piracy has gone down in Somalia but has increased like hell on the west coast of Africa and Southeast asia.

Eat shit, squid

Can confirm

Spring Break must be going on

When I went through my apprenticeship with the SIU there were dudes in their 40s training with us. Hawsepiping is not the best option if you plan on making a career out of the maritime industry but don't rule it out of you can't get into an academy.

Attached: XupSb9b_d.jpg (640x680, 53K)

That hurts me

I want a non vepr 20" ak so damn bad...

>>killing all the marine life the fishermen now turned pirates made their living off of
lmao no.

I really thought kings point was the only maritime academy, made sense to me because merchant marines are a rather small service.
Im not 100% sure on the lingo but a hawsepiper is basically someone who walks on and rises up that way, kind of like an apprenticeship right?
Going to the academy is im sure similiar to ringknockers in the DoD. I dont know what ratings means in this context.

I might be able to get into one of the other academies, just not kingspoint. Im not sure if id like it as a career yet but it seems worth checking out.

They do, you can keep your aimpoints and surefires though.

Attached: 1551342186504.jpg (720x765, 169K)

Look up the list of non federal Merchant Marine academies. They’re basically 4 year universities that Major you in marine transportation and you get a USCG License when you graduate.
The big difference from Kings Point is that KP you get commissioned as a USN or USNR Officer and are required to serve for a minimum of some years (idk exactly how much)
CMA in California is ran somewhat like a military school with uniforms and student divisions etc but it’s not a federal military academy.
I believe you get admissions preference at state academies for veteran status.
Hawsepiper is the MM equivalent of the USN ‘mustang’ aka an enlisted who managed to get to officer.
“Ratings” is an old term I think used in the USN and RN back in the day to refer to non officers on ships. It’s used in the MM the same way. You start out rated Ordinary Seaman and by getting documented experience and training and passing some tests you get rated Able Seaman. There are various levels of AB. These are “qualified ratings” but generally the two groups are “ratings” and “licensed officers”
You can find a job on a boat as a greenhorn deckhand and eventually become an officer. It takes years of hard work and abuse, but it’s possible.

Ehhh. Close enough

shoot someone and be brought up on charges by the UN!

Attached: 1551227241098.jpg (830x626, 84K)

This

The only reason I'm a k9 handler as a govt contractor is cause I was in the marines for 4years. I was an armorer and even then that's not enough experience. I was lucky enough or unlucky enough to be in Ramadi 07-08.

Get some experience somewhere user or it's just a waste of money.

The literal hawsepipe on a ship is the hole through which the anchor chain falls out of the ship. The joke is that there are two ways to get on to a ship as an officer. You take the easy way and walk the gangway (go to an academy) or you take the hard way and climb through the hawsepipe (earn seatime as a crew member until you can test to become an officer).

If you did want to go the hawsepipe route you can do what I did and join the seafarers international union via their unlicensed apprenticeship program.

seafarers.org/training-and-careers/jobs/entry-program/

Literally the only requirements are you have to be able to read write and do math at an 8th grade level, do 5 push ups, and lift 40lbs. They'll take anyone.

any merchant marine fag wanna help me out. im about to get my MMC in the mail and have no idea what to do after that. zero maritime experience.

oops saged a shitty thread earlier my B

Through what organization are you planning on working? Will they provide classes for you? You're not going to be able to ship anywhere with just the basic qualification on your credential

I've talked to a couple people in my STCW class about how to get sea time. Some recommended working on inland tugs until I could take my AB and go out on an oil tug and eventually work in that field. Is this even possible?

Yes but it’s still gonna take a lot of effort to get an OS billet