Mosin or SKS?

Mosin or SKS?

I'm moving out and I'm planning on buying rifle for range shooting and/or hunting. My dad is giving me some of his (an AR-15, a Glock 17, and a 30-30) so it's not really for home defense or anything. I just want your guys' opinions on both of these rifles and which one you guys think is better

Attached: mosin.jpg (1280x361, 101K)

Get the better of both and get a WASR or Arsenal AKM

are they expensive? I don't really want to spend more that $500 cause rent

Sks. It's a much better value.

Or, yanno, a wasr or vz58 if you can find one.

Mosin is more Accurate, higher caliber too.
SKS is cheaper in Canada, and the ammo is cheap as dirt. More round in its mag and it's semi-auto.
Both good guns, although different.
If you have the money you could go for a SVT, but I'm not sure about how reliable those things are.

Both are obsolete and will get you killed in Barry's civil war

Since you already have a pistol, AR and 30-30 then you might as well just get a mosin to round it out with a bolt-action.

If you're leaning towards mosin get a bolt action chambered in a modern cartridge; 54r is obsolete and no longer cost efficient. Unless, of course, you just want it for milsurp, which is understandable. If you're leaning towards sks, however, save up more and get a WASR. Unless you just want it for aesthetics/milsurp, the ak will be the better option if you're just lookin for a semi auto .30 cal rifle. The days of either of your choices being worth the money, sadly, are gone.

Don't.
Save your money and don't be a poorfag who fell for the $300 mosin meme. You already have a nice pistol, rifle and lever gun. Wait until you find something you really like.

Attached: mosin is a meme.png (1897x232, 82K)

>obsolete

Spotted the asshurt ARfag being reminded that some Cletus with a Bubba'd Mosin will snipe him and rape his body pillow five minutes into SHTF.

SKS is a better all-around rifle. Unless it's a Finnish M39, Mosins aren't that great.

why you problem make when you no problem have?

Save it up and buy something quality, both are garbage.

Neither, unless you have a specific interest in collecting surplus rifles you will be better served by a run of the mill Savage, Mossberg, or Ruger.

This.

WASR is about $700. I'm not too sure how much an AKM is, though. In the long run, the sks will be cheaper than the mosin, because 7.62x39 is pretty cheap, and a lot cheaper than 7.62x54R, which is what the mosin nagant fires.

Keep saving money. 7.62x39 is hella cheap and an AK will serve you better in the long run than an SKS or shitty Mosin.

If you get a Mosin get a finnish one. Russian mosins fucking suck

If you plan on using it STRICTLY for range or hunting I cannot recommend either as those are both secondary or tertiary uses for each weapon. The SKS is leaps and bounds a better weapon than the Mosin and if you want a good beater carbine to use as a "truck gun" or stowaway weapon that can also be used on pigs or deer if needed then it will do wonderfully. I never fell for the Mosin meme and now that the price point has risen there are very few redeeming qualities in it that other rifles cannot provide. With this said, the 30-30 you are inheriting and the AR-15 are far better platforms for hunting and range/defensive shooting, respectively.

One major issue with that image you posted is that while newer guns perform better they pretty much all universally look like shit.

get an aftermarket mannlicher stock, you fucking manlicker

Why not both? Or you could buy a mossberg 12ga and a mosin.
Or a hipoint and an sks.
Or a mossberg and a hipoint

Don’t listen to the rest of these retards.

If you like cheap ammo and stripper clips, get the sks.

If you like a historical bolt action, and don’t mind paying about $.40 a round get the mosin.

I own both and would only trade my chink for a russian.