'83

From the developers of Rising Storm series. Set during a Cold War gone hot. That FAL

youtube.com/watch?v=1u9oyFkXca4

83thegame.com/

Attached: what-is-83_02-1024x576.jpg (1024x576, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0TN68sp-vIw
youtube.com/watch?v=zRddMWQlI78
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>From the developers of Rising Storm series.

So it'll be another unoptimized, bug-ridden piece of shite?

Looks like shit, cool it with the marketing campaign

looks bad imo
only worth games of 2019/20 for now are ready or not and hell let loose, that's all.

Fuck you I have fun

>rising storm
So the Beta is going to be more fun then the actual game?

LWP when?

The FAL is nice but everything else looks pretty bland. What happened to that other Cold-War-gone-hot game?

That shit looks 2007 tier.
>From the developers of Rising Storm series
Which is a shame, I like RS2.

Why the muzzle flsh

Fuck yes. RS2 is great, 1983 setting is amazing. Post aesthetic.

Attached: east germans.jpg (1582x1600, 777K)

this looks realy bad...these muzzleflashs look like Half Life 1 muzzle flash...can't unsee....unplayable

Attached: 1516880459194.png (512x548, 163K)

Attached: us soldiers reforger.jpg (2830x1880, 3.07M)

comfy cold war time. There better be Kampfkollektiv!

Attached: Grenztruppen_der_DDR_auf_Patrouille_(1979).jpg (2835x1882, 813K)

Ah yes. Everyone’s favorite “let’s judge a game and come to the conclusion of hating it based solely on a non gameplay trailer” game. God I hate this fucking basket weaving image forum sometimes.

Attached: 4575D0C6-4977-4C7F-B97A-872BB68170D0.jpg (234x234, 14K)

Attached: c63710354913917236ee681c592d.jpg (2523x1598, 471K)

I'm willing to give it a chance. I just want RS2 inna 80s.

Attached: US soldier Panama.jpg (1888x1416, 1.16M)

They want flashy mumbo jumbo like Battlefield. This look is more accurate everything is a stale looking gret dump with gunfire,artillery,rocket artillery etc going off in the back
t: lived through a three year siege.

>grey

I came here to see people shitting on alpha footage and other shit
I wasn't disappointed

Just wait and see what it will be
Maybe we get more polished rising storm with new setting and some other things
Maybe it will be slowed down to ro2 level with good gameplay and some arcadey things from rs2
Or it will be shit
We don't know yet
But one is sure
Currently there is going on emergence of hardcore shooters into the mainstream
Or we are just having couple of thousand people playing them and trying to find one that is alive and not shit

Attached: 1494878319-m-60a3-near-giessen-in-germany-1985.jpg (3000x1982, 1.3M)

Attached: 6fede0de7da855c250d8df5db45faf82.jpg (650x488, 43K)

This

Attached: CQdwDW6BZfWYLSAM39f9Nqc7T3tx9dXVwDjk4HKkhhwMWeYxxc4SZww7dWEftiJ.jpg (640x390, 52K)

Cool. Thank you for posting OP. While not as good as RO2/RS, I enjoy RS2 and I'm sure I will enjoy this

Attached: Scan-4.jpg (640x439, 113K)

Attached: Peak grenzer.png (714x675, 842K)

>So it'll be another unoptimized, bug-ridden piece of shite?
And the playerbase will drop off dramatically in a month?

Attached: marines2PNG.png (615x415, 318K)

Just rea the what is it? On their website.

FUCKING PROJECT REALITY IN THE 80’s
>FUCKING PROJECT REALITY IN THE 80’s
FUCKING PROJECT REALITY IN THE 80’s
>FUCKING PROJECT REALITY IN THE 80’s
>80+ player servers
>combined arms gameplay set over large maps
This ain’t rising storm 3 boys...this is the real successor to Project Reality.

Attached: E0E536C2-2E4B-42C4-A8F1-9A847D8AE8EC.jpg (790x767, 157K)

Attached: 131d6f07f5a2fc9401b6713fa91f904b.jpg (446x524, 62K)

*extreme doubt*

Attached: c33475b0884aea4ca2d66f5cc1adf50d.jpg (600x403, 60K)

Attached: 863bdba89a9535c8edf0b6900551b57b.jpg (907x666, 133K)

Escalation 1985 is still in the works. They’ve had a couple play tests here and there.

fpbp

Those muzzle flashes look like ass

My gaming PC can't run shit anymore but I just came here to say I want more vidya set in the 70's/80's "cold war gone hot" setting. I think it would make a nice, refreshing take on the Battlefield series (what's left of it).

Attached: 1375904580599.png (775x591, 26K)

>Daily reminder that this the best 1980s Cold War video games.. And this awesome novel is much of Red Storm Rising counterparts.

youtu.be/0TN68sp-vIw

Attached: tarzan.png (316x500, 186K)

>top-down RTS
compared to
>immersive combat FPS

user no one gives a fuck about starcraft or C&C anymore.

Wow! That looks intense! I can't wait to buy '83™ by the developers of the Rising Storm™ series! You guys DO like guns don't you? Don't miss your chance to play this years hottest exclusive title.

Looks like it's entirely infantry based, why? This is a world war

>Reach is getting a PC port
Why should I care about anything else ever?

My wiener is ready.

youtube.com/watch?v=zRddMWQlI78

>t: lived through a three year siege.
What does that have to do with a video game?

But can I play as the most criminally underrated army during the cold war?

Attached: 16755.jpg (999x666, 89K)

Re-read the post.
>This look is more accurate everything is a stale looking grey dump

Nah, I'm retarded. You gotta explain to me what the hell you're trying to say.

My man

Warfare in Europe is very grey looking

I'm going to whack off to this game.
I'm gay.

And this is the first grey-looking FPS in existence, right?

What is up with the vaporwave aesthetic?
It looks completely out of place for a game about possibly one of the greatest threats to mankind.
Did they just put it on to get attention of the "muh esthethics" fags?
This looks like a shitty version of Escalation 1985.
Also, where are the other WP armies?

Attached: lwpboomer.jpg?width=541&height=677.jpg (541x677, 36K)

That was never claimed at all.

>What is up with the vaporwave aesthetic?
Retrowave, you boomer. Vaporwave is something different.

but it doesnt fit

Well, they need something to remind people that it's the '80s. Might as well use the aesthetic. As long as they don't go full Blood Dragon there's nothing wrong with it. The game itself looks like it needs a lot of work though.

Attached: West Berlin.jpg (1792x1080, 132K)

Attached: West Berlin 2.jpg (1792x1080, 148K)

You're all whiny little faggots holy shit.

>t. '83 dev.

is it an Operation Flashpoint remake?

No, I just actually watched the videos on it

>the graphics are stylized and not meant to be photo realistic, stop thinking everything has to be battlefield/COD
>we haven't seen gameplay so it's a moot point anyway
>the general premise sounds sweet and the trailer was fun, especially the FAL CQB fucking firing squad coming around the corner, fuck that was cool. Too bad literally nobody has that kind of team dynamic in games.

>the graphics are stylized and not meant to be photo realistic, stop thinking everything has to be battlefield/COD
No one is saying or thinking that.
>we haven't seen gameplay so it's a moot point anyway
There's gameplay in the trailer in the OP. It may not be the final product but if it's from the RS2 devs then there's something to expect.
>the general premise sounds sweet and the trailer was fun, especially the FAL CQB fucking firing squad coming around the corner, fuck that was cool. Too bad literally nobody has that kind of team dynamic in games.
Cold-War-gone-hot is good premise, I agree. But if some halfway decent clips are enough to sell you on a game then your standards are pretty low.

>remind people that its the 80's
the fucking title is '83 and you are fighting against communist armies wearing Woodland BDUs
what more do you need unless you are a historically illiterate sclerotic?

I didn't say I was "sold on the game" I said you're all picky whiny faggots and harpies that can't enjoy anything and are, frankly, just hating on it to be contradictory.

How dare a bunch of NEETs talk about videogames at 11am in the morning.

This area is pretty shitty desu, its near a large-ish train station. Not as bleak as eastern berlin though.

>PANAM
Been a while

>Yes, no one can actually have grievances with vidya any more. If you have any issues you're a contrarian!
Sure, pal.

Attached: West 3.jpg (1792x1080, 174K)

I've experienced their games before. I've seen the problems they have. I watched the rs2vietnam userbase go from 25k to 12k to 2k in a matter of months. These are cashgrabs aimed at a niche audience and we are the audience talking about how this is not worth the hype it's created.
The game will crash and burn but not before getting enough money to keep most of the employees satisfied. Its becoming a common thing in many industries.

This user is a fine example of 'OMG ITS HAPPENING! PROJECT REALITY 2!' when in reality it's just going to be rs2 with more bugs, the same weapons and different maps.
If this is released as a full game with a full game price I will be extremely disappointed.

Calling people whiny faggots and dismissing their distrust and dislike as being 'harpies' is a sure way to point out how ignorant you are.

It looks like garbage.
They really need to learn how to polish their games before showing it off, RS2's trailers also looked like shit when they first revealed it.
Also RS2 still doesn't feel like a finished game, half the maps are community-made and not well polished at all, they still havent added the M113's they promised, and the whole campaign thing is incredibly buggy

10/10 game, really upset its completely dead now

Most of the hate was "wtf? It's not realistic enough, I mad!" And "it's shit because the dev, don't care about anything else"

PR2=Squad.

Attached: 1548994461189.png (691x597, 16K)

>"it's shit because the dev, don't care about anything else"
If the devs made sub-par games in the past, is it wrong to expect their next title to be sub-par? I'm not saying there wouldn't be surprises, but that's common sense.

I actually don't like any of the RO games at all, but I think I'll give this a try, I like the style

adding onto this, most of the shit shown in the trailer is reused assets, I wonder why they are even making this instead of doing what they promised with RS2 like porting RO2 over, or even adding korean war DLC or literally anything but a "new" game in a incredibly boring setting

>1983
NOOOO BROS NOOOO That we means stuff like MiG 29s,T72s instead of MiG 23,T55s,T64s etc

The problem is everyone just says "it's shit" and terminates discussion on it.

T72 > T64

T 64,T-55 are more fun

Well that trailer certainly looked nice. Is the rest of the series worth checking out?

Just antimatter is working on this one so tripwire isn't involved at all. Not sure if that means the game will be better or worse.

Is anyone playing it? Hopped into it a year ago and wasn’t too sold on it. Have they updated it since?
Cautiously optimistic, that trailer looked like ass.

I can fairly agree with that.
>devs promise not to include goofy addons like pay-DLC and obnoxious customization
>do just that before updating voicing or fixing known bugs
>release update with new faction that barely gets played because it's too little too late

Most of it is a cashgrab at AETHETICS and vaporwave tier shit. I see a total of 3 posts that include the word 'realis-'; the majority of people are talking about how fucking bland and basic it looks for a game thats being release in 2019 let alone 2015. Anons are saying it looks bad because of its bland quality and in-game actions like muzzleflash or it being strictly infantry based...

>"it's shit because the dev, don't care about anything else"
I think you misunderstand people having played their games before and noticing that almost nothing changes except skins and guns.

You're the one being a whiny bitch here user.
>how dare Jow Forumsommandos voice their opinions about a niche game that's made for Jow Forumsommandos!!
Retard.