JF-17 gets PL-15 Long Range AA Missiles

India's time is running out. Soon, 100+ of these 200km ranged missiles will be in Pakistani service.

Attached: 194136bvev685veb9bemxp.jpg (720x571, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

globalsecurity.org/military/world/china/pl-15.htm
flightglobal.com/news/articles/uk-approved-to-buy-200-aim-120d-missiles-450163/
cmano-db.com/weapon/3413/
warfaresims.com/?page_id=3822
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

As foretold.

Attached: c37c67cbgy1g0tcyxx4bxj20an0d1t9i.jpg (383x469, 39K)

One more.

Being such a long range missile, the JF-17 either needs to have its KLJ-7A AESA already, or it would rely on AWACS and datalinking to achieve the full range.

Attached: 194136ilk19il9km4plkmm.jpg (720x639, 28K)

>A raptor firing a meteor
Just fuck my shit up

*J-31 firing a Meteor

Attached: 223230fnskh36s428n6st7.jpg (640x424, 27K)

PL-15s in Chinese service.

Attached: 203547w8smlrntdvttag4c (1).png (1228x755, 517K)

Attached: J-16 78075 - 176. - 66. Brig.jpg (1799x2048, 1.28M)

I think people should stop making a comparison between JF-17 and Tejas. Tejas is smaller, even smaller than gripen and size wise is about as big as an L-39 while JF-17 is actually slightly longer than F-16

Really, a better comparison is between Tejas and another China/Pakistan light fighter-trainer aircraft, the FTC-2000/JL9.

Attached: FTC-2000G.jpg (2000x1333, 374K)

Looks slick. How is it compare to jf17?

As if Poo had any chance at all.

It's like comparing F-16 with L-39

It's smaller, has less range and payload with only fire control radar

kek

Attached: D1ifZktVAAA7gEN.jpg (1080x1120, 107K)

When are the Pakistanis going to start using J31s? I've tried to find out more about the aircraft, but it's been overshadowed by the J20.

>PL-15
>200nm
LOL
More like 60nm according to respected experts.

The consensus is that they'll go for low observable JF-17 variant while waiting for J-20

Heh. Thats pretty aesthetic

>Pakistan going for a J20
I thought the Chinese were keeping that one as domestic only? How many years down the road would it be before it was available for export?

Seriously only 60nm?
I laughed at the 200nm claim thinking it was bullshit but I didnt know it was that low. Thats less range than the old man AIM-120s have.

200km not nautical miles

97 nautical miles, to be exact

Nice try, but it is the AIM-120D, the newest America AMRAAM version, that has 65 nautical miles range. Earlier variants have only 40 (AIM-120B) to 50 (120C) nautical miles.

And the PL-15 has 97 nautical miles, which is why American USAF General Carlisle was scared as shit and demands a total replacement of the AIM-120 series.

globalsecurity.org/military/world/china/pl-15.htm

>In his 2015 interview with Flight Global magazine Head of the Air Force's Air Combat Command Gen. Herbert Carlisle stressed that he regarded outmatching the Chinese PL-15 air-to-air missile as "exceedingly high priority" for the US. "The PL-15 and the range of that missile, we've got to be able to out-stick that missile," Carlisle underscored.

Now, tell me if your "respected expert" can explain your good General that he shouldnt be scared of the superior Chinese missile.

Attached: C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_35786900991_c0fde5aba7_o.jpg (2000x1302, 170K)

Technically yes but that didnt stop pakistan to include J-20 as part of their long term plan

AIM-120s are old, they were getting replaced no matter what.

If we take chinese claims of 97nm and use subject matter experts highly accurate and test proven formula of dividing the range of 97nm by 1.7 you get roughly 57nm. But most would say that somewhere around 60nm is reasonable for chinas brand new missile which isnt bad for them.
Its actually reasonable and precise way of cutting through the propaganda veil that china hides behind.

The official claim was 300km+, 200km is already the result of western respected experts.

Checkmate Streetshitter.

Enjoy burning in your wreck.

Attached: CxxUdfpVQAAZ2Ks.jpg (1030x628, 70K)

Some random grainy image put out by china means nothing, and its why the tested formula of dividing chinese claims by 1.7
It works and its a well respected, balanced and fair estimation of chinese capabilities.
Theres a reason why its used.

Also lobbing you missile like that is going to have almost zero energy past 60-70nm. Any alert adversary would have no problem avoiding this.

Chinese missile is multi-pulse. It means that it has multiple rocket engine stages that will kick in during different phases of flight.

In terminal dive, it will have Mach 4-5 speed due to its attack pulse stage.

Cite your experts pls.

Checkmate.

Attached: qipGU1R.jpg (557x618, 33K)

>more than twice the size of an amraam
>not even twice the range of it

yikes

And the lowest range estimate by actually respected experts (RAND Corp), is 80 nautical miles:

And that's just for the AMRAAM-sized PL-15, not for the actual Very Long Range Missile, which is 400+km ranged.

Attached: Chinese super missiles.png (1362x999, 188K)

Yeah but its made in china. All these claims haven't been verified in the slightest.
Intelligence agencies and subject matter experts just arnt buying it. 60nm is very reasonable for the PL-15. Not trying to be rude, but you have to double check all chinese claims. 60nm is a good achievement for a brand new chinese missile.

Show me your sources.

RAND is mine and you would do well to show anything better than that.

his source is the god of Loo

It can just barely match old man AIM-120.
But yes most experts have noticed how large the PL-15 is. It bleed energy at around 60-70nm but its pretty decent for a brand new missile for china so Its not all that bad

Yeah, as if anything can be worse than Made in America

Attached: American quality.jpg (860x484, 37K)

Old AIM-120 is just 40 nautical miles.

And your experts are blind, as the PL-15 is just slightly larger than the previous PL-12 or AIM-120.

Again, prove your claims and disprove RAND Corp's estimates.

Intelligence agencies and subject matter experts.
Much more credible than anything the PRC claims because it cant be 3rd party verified outside of espionage.

Please calm down. Take a deep breath and have a normal conversation please. Stop multi posting and spamming, it isnt helping anyone follow the discussion. Also please stay on topic. The quality of posts is very important on Jow Forums.

Cite your sources. I want your intelligence reports.

Until you cannot substanciate your claims, RAND's estimates are fact.

PL-15 is superior to AIM-120D. This is a Fact.

>TWO CRASHES
>IN JUST
>FIVE
>MONTH
>WITH NO SURVIVORS

American quality indeed.

Why is Pakistan so based?

They are Towels, no?
So why are they so good at war?

Attached: thunder 1.jpg (1169x759, 61K)

>made up ranges
>comparing the PL-15 to AMRAAM-B instead of C or D

>PL-15 is superior to AIM-120D. This is a Fact.
But it isnt though. All experts agree.
Dividing by 1.7 is a very respected figure.
Most estimations with those scenarios, do indeed stand.

Again please quit multi posting and have a normal conversion with me. No need to get so emotional, I actually think the PL-15s range of 60nm is pretty good. If they could somehow shrink it down to AIM-120 size it could be great.

RAND isn't a source either.

Which Experts? You havent named a single one, Pajeet.

PL-15 is superior to AIM-120D. This is a Fact. As long as you cannot name a single expert and his quote.

LS-6/Takbir Beidou guided bomb integrated.

Attached: eqEx-hufnxfn1893306.png (950x557, 343K)

Death to the Bowels.

Attached: MIEy-hufnxfn1893619.png (950x372, 138K)

Takbir!
Allah hu Ackbar!

Attached: Pakistani GIDS TAKBIR Series Satellite Aided Inertially Guided Bomb Family Joint Direct Attack Munit (720x540, 59K)

>dividing by 1.7
>original was 300
>but but you have to keep dividing until i feel safe to shit on the street again ;(

>PL-15 is superior to AIM-120D. This is a Fact
But it inst. No respected expert in their field agrees with this, or chinese claims.
AIM-120 is third party verified. PL-15 isnt.

Listen I like the PL-15. It has a very modest but effective range of 60nm but it starts to have problems farther out than that with retaining energy against alert adversaries.

OP claimed the range was 200km
using the expert formula you can divide it and convert it to nautical miles for a more professional representation, as commonly seen with the most credible intelligence agencies and subject matter experts.

OP is trying to give the PL-15 the PL-21's range.

The thing thats confusing me is that me and you both already agreed in the previous thread that the established range of the PL-15 was about 60nm. So im confused why you keep trying to creep the ranges higher up when we both already agreed before.

Lets break it down for you again with the new numbers your trying to push. It quite literally validates the expert formula.
>200km is 107.991 nautical miles.
>107.991 nautical miles divided buy the average formula-- and a BARE MINIMUM of 1.7 you get:
>63nm.
As everyone can see it is almost SPOT ON with the expert claims of the PL-15 having a 60nm range.

No.

PL-15 is clearly 80nm (150km) at its lowest (RAND) estimate

PL-21 is 400+km at its lowest estimate.

See:
And the PL-15 is not much larger than the PL-12 to achieve such ranges. Pic related we see a mixed loadout.

Attached: J-16 + stores.jpg (600x449, 29K)

>made up formula stated as fact

Damn
Streetshitters really get creative in coping.

Doenst matter. You have neither the PL-15 nor the AIM-120. You are trash and your Astra is also trash, not even worth comparing to the earliest R-77.

Indians will forever live beneath Sino-Pakistani boots. This is a fact.

That whole post wasn't an argument.

Please calm down and take a quick break and have a normal conversation with me please.
Angry posting doesn't led itself to credibility, and it only makes my posts and formula stand that much more.
Put the other guy back on your computer, the one who agreed with me in the other thread about the PL-15. Maybe you guys arnt communicating to well with each other right now.

Again, you are arguing against a missile with another missile that are both literally space-alien tech to you street-shitters.

First try to not crash your Mig-21s all the time and then we will see.

Not even Chinese MiG21s crash that often as yours.
This really should make you think. But I doubt you have brains for that.

So now that you can refute you get angry and post non sense, non arguments.
PL-15 has a 60nm range confirmed. I even got you to agree the other day.
Everyone can do the math for themselves. Its clear to everyone at this point.

American AMRAAM-D missile has just 60nmi maximum at best.

Chinese missile has 80 nmi lowest, 97nmi medium and 162 nmi at maximum.

Why is America so bad? And why is India so bad?
Please kill yourself.

I see.
You lost yourself deep into a seethe and are no longer capable of a constructive and intellectually honest conversation anymore.

The old man AIM-120D has a 86nm range confirmed by multiple 3rd party countries. Compare that to a much larger and bulkier PL-15 at a modest but kinda implessive 60nm.

Please calm down and just talk to me.

150km also puts the PL-15 below an AIM-120D.

>multiple 3rd party countries

Such as?

Only America uses them. And America is full of shit, see Boeing 737 MAX Speed Into the Ground.

>Only America uses them
Look, I like you but you really need to do you home work. No wonder we are having such a difficult time with you and the PL-15 range of 60nm

flightglobal.com/news/articles/uk-approved-to-buy-200-aim-120d-missiles-450163/
>The US State Department approved the sale of up to 200 radar-guided Raytheon AIM-120D medium-range air-to-air missiles for an estimated cost of $650 million to the United Kingdom.
>Besides the US, only a few other countries possess the missiles, including Australia and Canada.

>they literally named it takbir
lmao

Attached: 1473961585469.jpg (582x960, 89K)

Australia and Canada are both lying cheaters. Look how long they took to ban the Boeing 737.

Why would anyone listen to their claims. You really are digging your grave ever deeper, Pajeet.

Maxxx cope.
Not surprising at this point though.
PL-15 60nm range stands.
AIM-120D 86nm range verified and confirmed by 3rd parties, stands.

>*PL-15 range of 97nm

fixed.
Sorry, I was wrong. American missile is indeed inferior to Chinese missile.

Just as America in general is inferior to China.

Attached: chartoftheday_17331_approval_rating_of_chinese_and_us_leadership_n.jpg (960x684, 212K)

>*PL-15 97nm range stands

sorry.
I am so stupid that I mistype the range all the time when it comes to comparing chinese superior tech to US garbage like the 737 Max

This is like the 6th time you have tried to bump the PL-15 ranges to try and compensate for the already proven and established 1.7 expert formula.
60nm is accurate.

Please stop multiposting and spamming. Its makes it hard to follow your arguments

>Trying to reason with these people

>my dick is 18 inches long and girthy
t. commie press release

kek I choked on my water asshole

Chang, I don't know if you know this, but no one outside your puppet states remotely view you in a positive light. China is one of the most common "nightmare examples" used when talking about social issues worldwide.

China is a nation made up of drones and the only upper hand they have over the US (and the rest of the world) is their complete lack of regard for respect.

Nope, they're waiting for the domestic engines and the JF31.

>low observable JF-17
JF-17 Doesn't really have an internal weapons bay, so I don't know how well a low-observable variant will do.

Block III Will have a holographic HUD, full AESA, better data uplink/hand off control, sensor fusion with drones and satellites.

Paki here, LO for JF-17 is not on the cards.
It's not worth the cost for limited capability. Once you add weapons, fuel tanks and pods, it's not much use.

JF-17 already has a lower thane expected frontal signature due to its small size and the inlet bump. But no plans for LO.

The next Block III will probably have AESA, HOBS + HMDS, some newer gen weaponry, increased payload, chin-mounted pod station, dual seat variant etc.

sorry bro

Is your mom the expert?

I guess this is why she drank too much while pregnant.

>*expert formula proves that the PL-15 needs to have 1.7 times the range added to its Chinese claims and as such achieves ranges that are impossible to inferior American technology

Sorry that I mistyped again. I guess my poo smeared hands cant write correctly.

China is indeed stronger than my shithole of country.

I understand your scepticism. But, we've just tested Chinese SD-10s in Pakistan, they worked fine against the Indian Air Force.

The SD-10 worked well despite a heavy EW einvironment and supposedly robust Indian ADGE thar they spend billions on, and despite ground clutter. And we shot down two aircraft, both with Israeli jammers and ECM suites, flown by pilots who train and know how to deploy counter measures and evade missiles.

In fact, both the AIM-120C-5 and SD-10, both Chinese and US BVRAAMs were demonstrated.

I see that your break hasnt calmed you down at all.
PL-15 60nm

see
>40868323

AIM-120C-5 cant even compete with an export PL-12 (SD-10)

How can America cope with the fact that the JF-17 with PL-15 will be able to best even the F-22 and F-35 given counter stealth AWACS support?

CANT EVEN OUTRANGE AN EXPORT CHINESE MISSILE!

Im sure you have, im not doubting that. What im saying is the PL-15 doesn't have the range china is claiming. Most experts agree that 60nm for the PL-15 is reasonable.

also AIM-120C-5 is vastly different from the AIM-120D

>*PL-15 161nm

PL-15 60nm stands

>*also AIM-120C-5 is vastly different from the AIM-120D, as it is like the B737 MAX8, built with inferior parts and by the lowest bidder with shitty QA

fixed.

As such, the PL-15 will be able to shoot down every single American aircraft ever in existence.

>*PL-15 161nm stands

Please calm down and stop spamming the thread.

Fact:
AIM-120C-5- 57nm
PL-15- 60nm
AIM-120D- 86nm
These scenarios stand

>AMERICAN TECH LEVEL:

BOEING 737 MAX SPEED INTO THE GROUND

If you use CMANO ranges, the PL-15 has 94 nm

cmano-db.com/weapon/3413/

This scenario indeed stands.

>An appeal to computer games
Typical chinese
In real life its 60nm for the PL-15, Its been confined by experts.
In real life the AIM-120D has 86nm range verified by the UK, Australia, and Canada.

In real life, experts agreed that American technology is shit and not to be trusted.

UK, Australia, and Canada all banned the BOEING 737 MAX SPEED INTO THE GROUND.

Deal with it.

PL-15 status: 200km range
American status: Crashed and data invalidated.

Still got a better range than chink shit.

CMANO is a game used by your so-called experts.

warfaresims.com/?page_id=3822

Yes, Range is so extensive that it goes down to hell and never comes back lmao.

>Your 'experts' are full of shit
>But wait let me cherry pick tis tid bit here

China should just go back to being raped by Japan. They were reasonably okay at doing

Fair enough, I can't speak for the claim of the PL-15s range. In fact, I'm not even sure if this PL-15 with our JF-17 is confirmed.

But in general, we in Pakistan have experience with Chinese systems. Chinese weaponry works well, and their electronics are very good. Where they have offered us less mature or less reliable products, the Pakistan Air Force has rejected it in favour of more mature systems. One example is the engine on the JF-17, it's an RD-93, we asked the Russians (Klimov) to massively improve reliability (now has a very respectable MTBO), and increase thrust. So now all JF-17s fly with this suprisingly good engine.

The Chinese have been offering the WS-13 engine, specifically designed for the JF-17, and an upgraded variant with more thrust than the RD-93s. They've marketed it a lot and have been testing it on a Jf-17 prototype. But the PAF has refused, citing reliability, and in general Chinese engines suffer in reliability, partly due to less capable metalurgy.

BTFO

Attached: Boeing should be thankful of China.jpg (978x974, 400K)

get a load of this fag.
Jow Forums is for shill. conversation is a gay

I see you need another time out to cool off.
>PL-15 status: 200km range
You mean 60nm right? we already agreed on this in the last thread.

Dont know why you are trying to change its ranges around so much now in this thread.
Its completely hurt your credibility and argument. Now people wont believe anything you say and will instead they turn to me and other experts to inform them.
Let me be clear. PL-15 has a 60nm range, its not bad for china.

SAVAGE

Thanks for the insight. Very interesting.
Experts have long understood that chinese engines are rubbish but its cool that your country can buy cheap from china and get massive upgrades for them from Russia.

PL-15 has 200km range NEZ, agreed by all experts including RAND and CMANO, and American technology is same as Boeing's 737 MAX.

We agreed on that in this very thread. Dont go change it.

Please be civilized and stop arguing.

Stop samfagging. Its obvious to everyone its only you doing all this.

“Respected experts”
Lol.

JF-17 crashes: Zero, Zero Deaths
B737 in 5 month: Two, 350+ Deaths

American technology is rubbish and not even based Russia can upgrade it.