Wolf 9x39 uppers

Who else would love to have one of these?
cheap 9x39 wolf ammo
expensive 300 memeout can finally fuck off
discuss

Attached: IMG_9517.jpg (1500x1125, 372K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ammunitionstore.com/products/wolf-ar-15-9x39-caliber-upper-receiver-10-5-barrel-760-rnds-ammo.html
metalcraftmarine.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i mean if you want to give me one but ideally youd cut that tube back a few inches to expose some barrel for aesthetic purposes and replace that brake with a flash hider. or leave the tube the same length and give me a suppressor.

Who the fuck thought that steel pipe as a handguard was a good idea?

>cheap 9x39
Where have you found it cheap? Lowest I've seen is around $0.70 cpr

Attached: 1552028445816.jpg (480x640, 25K)

okay maybe I got ahead of myself, it's not cheap but a man can dream

It's not the final product. this is
ammunitionstore.com/products/wolf-ar-15-9x39-caliber-upper-receiver-10-5-barrel-760-rnds-ammo.html

Doesn't really seem worthwhile when .300 BLK is increasingly common...

looks like trash for many reasons and you're retarded for wanting this

have fun not even shooting your gun often enough
to break teeth off the bolt you intentionally ruined because you can't afford it or find any

> complain about 300blk being expensive
> drop $500 on trash upper, $45 bucks per mag
> shoots a bullet the same cost or more, except not available anywhere except armsrooms in 1987 russia

holy shit nigger I officially love wolf. first the taiwanese piston ar, please tell me this is next.

>complain about 300blk being expensive
I really don't get that.
Factory .300 is the same price as factory 77gr 5.56 and if you have a reloading setup it uses modified 5.56 brass and standard .308 bullets...

woah when did 9 by 39 get imported to the US? Is this like really recent?

Also plays nice with cast bullets, and with places like MBC, Leatherhead, Palmetto Projectiles and such offering cast 200+gr bullets for under 10 cents per, it can be reloaded very cheaply.

it's these guys who know nothing about anything trying to fix problems that don't exist

what he should do
> buy a hipoint carbine
what he's going to do
> shill for a stupid meme
> buy one
> regret how poorly it functions
> mod it trying to fix it
> try selling the parts that started as garbage and were made worse by bubba-tier dremel work
and when he gets done, he's going to start loving 224 valk

>muh .300 blackout is a meme cartridge and too expensive!
>thinks 9x39 will be any better
loving every laugh, what a shit thread

The best I've gotten yet out of 300BLK is about 2" at 100 yards using S&B subsonic factory ammo using pic related and a 2.5 pound timney trigger.

I've never seen sub 5moa accuracy out of any russian ammo (used to have a 7.62x39 AK). But maybe that was the massive front sight and I suck at shooting with irons.

>Also plays nice with cast bullets
Neat. Not very common for modern rifles.
The build I'm slowly acquiring the components for is going to be a 1:7 twist 10.5" and I plan on pretty much exclusively running subs. If I want 7.62x39 performance, I have my SKS.
.224 Valk isn't even remotely competing against .300 BLK, but whatever dude.
Has anyone done AP tests with lead-free .224 rounds, btw? I imagine it'll make short work of most stuff on the market.

lmao gottem
he's already starting his transition from stupid meme to different stupid meme

this is now a thread for bad ideas that look amazing to ignorant people

Attached: aaaa.jpg (225x225, 4K)

I used to be able to find Remington Premiere 125gr supers that were sub-MOA from my .300blk 10.5". They were expensive match ammo, but holy shit they shot well. I haven't seen them in some time though.

The Hornady American Gunner 125gr supers will print around 1 MOA, with a flyer opening up to 1.5 MOA maybe once every 10 groups, and is a fuckload cheaper than the Premieres were.

My rifle has a Geiselle SD-C in it (4.5lbs) and I use a 1.5-5x LPVO that has a pretty fine reticle so aiming error may be a big part of your bigger groups.

9x39mm is better in every way to .300 B L A CK E D but performance does not drive the market. Both are meme rounds that are specialized but just because one has the edge over the other doesn't mean that it will edge it out.

Stuff like this:
metalcraftmarine.com/
And that's not even the worst one I've seen.

and they thought this is better?

SEAM
E
A
M

>can anyone tell me if this is aisoft?

Attached: Deagle44.jpg (1169x627, 122K)

Derp. Wrong thread.

It's okay, we're in both of these threads apparently.

bruh, i wondered. what is the actual context?

Attached: 3 layers of meme.jpg (640x511, 53K)

Haha, alright.
It'd be neat to see ATRS making the Modern Sporter in .224, since they actually know what the fuck they're doing when it comes to long range precision.
Was talking about horrible fucking websites over in CanGen:

That’s even worse

I was using a 3-15x scope, in 5-10mph winds at 100 yards from prone.
Did you shoot for groups with subsonic? I've been told that the supersonic stuff shoots better than subsonic, but I tend to stick to the quiet stuff to avoid pissing off neighbors a few acres away.

I had ONE statistically insignificant 3-shot group under 1", but most of the 5-shot-groups were 2-3" using S&B 200gr. I've got some brazillian 200grain ammo no, waiting on the rain to stop and for a nice calm day to try that out.

Attached: witt.jpg (3509x1229, 434K)

I'm not sure if I like or don't like that handguard.

You can put short pieces of rail on it at 12,3,6,9.
Also accommodates sling studs. It is rather light weight too.
I keep it because my wife found it aesthetic.

Yeah, it kinda has a cyberpunk look to it.
Would look better on a slab-side upper, though.

mine is on a side charger, but still has forward assist and no cut-out for conventional charging handle. much less gas in the face from integral silencer

>Side charger
Nice.
I'm left eye dominant, so I kinda hate forward assists.

If they made it with a modified AR15 bolt like they do with 7.62x39 ARs it's going to have the same problems with weak bolt.

Even if they beefed up the bolt it's still retarded in an AR platform. Just like a 300BLK AK would be retarded. 9x39 needs to be paired with slavshit. Stop race mixing!

Attached: cmmg_mk_47_bolt_face.jpg (1000x635, 54K)

Would be even better with completely rounded lugs.

It's a fucking Taurus of course

You do know KAK industries has released their uppers in 9x39, and it isnt wolf
"quality"

Yeah I've shot for group with subs. My rifle has a definite preference for the Gemtech 187gr, which would consistently do 1.1-1.2 MOA. Hornady Sub-X will do 1.5-1.7 MOA, which is perfectly acceptable for its intended use (a sub that reliably actually fucking expands) and the fact it's got a meplat the size of a dinner plate.

I've also had good luck with handloading match bullets to subsonic velocity. So far the best performer has been the 175gr TMKs (I have a huge gas port and adjustable gas block so I could actually get them to cycle at 1000fps), those averaged just a cunt hair under 1 MOA. Other good ones have been the Nosler Custom Comp 220s and the Hornady Traditional Match 208s. I could never get the 208 A-Max to group worth a shit though.

All my shooting was 5-shot groups, from a bench with rear bag. When I test ammo I try to remove as much of the human element as possible, because I can absolutely fuck things up if I'm allowed.

>he thinks 9x39 is cheaper 300 blacked
its like you're not even trying

Attached: 1543680065139.gif (382x678, 2.78M)

guys i was just kidding with the 300blk. chill

What is peoples obsession with flash hiders over brakes? A brake is more useful for shooting no? I genuinely want to know, people please chime in.

Is it though? Is it?
Thor.jpg

brakes are more concussive as they send shockwave sideways. its pretty much like flashbanging yourself every shot without ear pro while a flash hider will kill more muzzle flash and not be as concussive.

I mean, if 9x39 was a standard issue cartridge and available in massive quantities for peanuts like 7.62x39, then sure.
But .300 BLK will perform better at a cheaper price in standard AR mags and suppress better because of the smaller diameter...
Not saying 9x39 shouldn't be available, but I just don't think it'll become more popular.

1. Brakes are FUCKING LOUD
2. Most of what small percentage of Jow Forums that actually shoots at all, does so on an indoor range because they're too poor and autistic to drive outside their city to find an outdoor range and/or can't pass the membership review to join a club, and indoor ranges make loud things seem louder
3. Every gun Jow Forums gives half a shit about comes with either a bare muzzle or a flash hider from the factory, and they're too poor to swap them

tl;dr sour grapes

>perform better
The only load available in the US is a non expanding, non fragmenting, non tumbling steel jacketed lead cored slav-made shit-bullet with a BC literally lower than a 220gr 30cal SMK.

Which means for target use, .300blk will drift and drop less and have less deviation in bullet weight or length so should be significantly more accurate. And for actually killing things, comparing subs to subs .300blk wins simply because there are reasonably affordable commercially available expanding loads instead of poking a .35cal hole in something. Neither will penetrate lvl III armor, both will penetrate lvl IIIA armor, no we will never get any of the """""""""AP"""""""""" ammo from Russia that also still doesn't penetrate hard armor. And at least with .300blk you still have the option of supers.

Now what I'm interested in seeing is if a US manufacturer picks up production of 9x39 and actually offers a load with a not-completely-shit bullet. Either something with a BC that does a nearly-300gr bullet justice, or one that offers good expansion at subsonic velocities. But we're still at least 5 years out from that, and they're unlikely to be even remotely approaching cheap.

I personally like the plain tube handguard look.

Attached: 7BC2E7FF-DF9C-4EEB-9CA4-2BF77FCABE91.jpg (1019x3331, 514K)

How much does US-made 7.62x39 usually go for? I live in Canuckistan, so we mostly just shoot Chinese or old milsurp shit.
Can you even neck up standard 7.62x39 brass to 9x39? That'd cause a lot of thinning at the neck...

The cheapest I'm aware of is Hornady Steel, and it's pretty fucking expensive compared to slav ammo (64cpr is the cheapest I see on ammoseek), but it does use good bullets (either Match or SST) despite still being steel cased. The cheapest reasonably reloadable/boxer primed brass is Winchester, which is loaded with an old, low-BC but reliable softpoint. That floats around 85-90cpr.

I don't know what all would go into forming 9x39 brass. In the grand scheme of things it's really not that large a step up in neck diameter (.310 to .356 ID), so assuming the body taper is the same it could be reasonably accomplished with 1 or 2 passes through the appropriate expander(s).

I could see that being a good option for hunting, yeah, but general sport shooting is going to hurt your wallet like hell at those prices.

I don't think anybody wants a 9x39 for sport shooting. For most people that have a 7.62x39, the cheapshit slavic ammo is fine since they're blasting large targets at close range with rapid fire through already-inaccurate guns and not really giving a shit about groups. The small handful of Americans that have a 7.62x39 rifle capable of enough accuracy to even really notice the difference between shit and quality ammo have one of the small handful of 7.62x39 boltguns (CZ 527, Ruger American), so won't be running through hundreds of rounds a day and could probably justify the cost of Hornady ammo.

In case anyone wants to know, according to a wolf rep they are working on a 300grain hollowpoint 9x39 sd round right now. Also working on a magazine specifically for the round. Thought it was worth sharing.

>In case anyone wants to know, according to a wolf rep they are working on a 300grain hollowpoint 9x39 sd round right now
Which will still be steel jacketed so absolutely will not expand, and will probably be made in some place like Bosnia so it'll range in weight and diameter from 260-330gr and .304-.315". AKA it'll be inaccurate as fuck.

Attached: Rhino6InchFullLugNoRail.jpg (1280x742, 95K)

look up the colt 6900

I think its supposed to be a cosmetic feature to go with large silencers.