What Are Jow Forums's thoughts on the sd9ve?

what Are Jow Forums's thoughts on the sd9ve?

Attached: F3E554C3-B786-440C-A6CF-AB54A631BDCA.jpg (3456x2304, 538K)

I'm probably the only poster that actually kind of comments positively about it. I think the stock version is fine. Upgrading springs and shit doesn't make up for a lack of technique.

As a gun, it's great. It works, is cheap, and will be reliable. Hot the best gun, but if you have 250-300 bucks and need a gun it works quite well

perfect inexpensive/reliable gun for carry or home defense. Definitely not a range toy, the trigger isnt great to say the least.

This is exactly what I mean by a lack of technique. I don't think you're going to do any better at the range using a 2 1/2 pound hair trigger single action only pistol. Besides if you're shooting with your buddies and having a friendly competition, something generic like this seems like a great middle point between gucci competition guns, and actual stock weapons about who can use it without a bunch of modifications.
Besides, try appendix carrying one of these sometime and tell me then about how you wish it had a better trigger. Even the stock one makes me want to take the holster out, holster it, then put the holster in the waist band.

Just save up an additional $100 for the mp9 compact

Own one, like it. You get what you pay for, not a fan of the trigger at all, go handle one you'll see why.

S&W tried to make a clone of a Glock. So much so that Glock sued them, and S&W had to pay Glock and make changes to the gun.

Worse yet, they couldn't even get cloning a Glock right, and the thing was a pile of shit with terrible trigger and worse than a Glock in just about every aspect.

If you want a S&W wonder 9 go with M&P series.

It's an ok budget pistol.

That's the Sigma, which the SD9 and M&P9 derived from. The SD9 isn't excellent, but the thing does work, so it's a considerable upgrade from the Sigma, and the M&P9 is well refined enough to be considered a very worthwhile Glock clone.

whatever you say friend

Attached: Sigma.jpg (384x140, 14K)

You do realize they had multiple pistol lines and crammed them together to mix/match parts. The VE is derived from that line up like the rest of them, but until you pull apart a sigma and try to interchange it's parts with a VE that other user is probably a lot more correct.

whatever you say friend

>supporting nuS&W
That’s almost as bad as giving Springfield money. I personally won’t give them a dime, but you do you.

Continue being a dipshit then.

whatever you say friend

My first pistol was the sd40ve. The trigger sucks but a spring helps other than that it's good.

Look I'm not trying to rag on you or anything. I'm just saying if you take apart those different pistol lines and try to fit them into the frame of the other one. I'm pretty sure a lot of them won't fit, and if you can fit them it won't function correctly. The M&P line is just as related to the sigma as the SD line is. They're meant to be engineered to not have interchangeable stuff on purpose, nobody would buy a M&P if it were exactly the same as the SD, and people definitely don't buy the SD because it's exactly the same as the sigma.

The Glock and Wesson 9? Well... It's cheap, so it has that going for it.

It's terrible. Total garbage. I've tried out an sd9ve that a friend owned and a .40 that another friend had, both had incredibly stiff, uneven, heavy triggers, neither were accurate, and the .40 malfunctioned constantly.

These things aren't cheap compared to the competition at this point, either. The Taurus G2C/PT111/G2S/whatever is selling like crazy because it's cheap as fuck (sub $200 frequently) and legitimately reliable. I've fired one and would take it any day over an sd9ve. I own an Hi-Point C9, I'd take one of those over this too. I'd choose an sd9ve over a ring of fire pistol, that's about it.

S&W makes some very good autoloaders that are very affordable right now, but this isn't one of them.

Attached: 1537705330314.jpg (1800x1249, 335K)

I have one. I've never had any issues with it and I don't think the trigger is that bad. It isn't a target gun but you can easily hit what you are aiming at.

Fucking Taurus makes better handguns.
That's how big of a piece of shit it is.

Can confirm. Pic related, I actually like the Taurus pt111 G2 but the SD9VE I just keep in my truck for when I have to work around basketball Americans. It works but it just feels cheap as hell.

Attached: Poorfag Family Photo.jpg (4032x3024, 3.1M)

An excellent pistol for the price, but the trigger is absolutely terrible.

no longer has a reason to exist now that the Security 9 is out

It's pretty cheap and crappy. You can get slightly nicer for the same money these days and much nicer for only a little more. It does work though and it is definitely a notch above a Hi-Point.

Google the Smith Sigma, then the SD9, and parts diagrams of both.

Meant for:

>300$ failure
There's better at that price point

Back in the Sigma days it was a decent deal since it pretty much was a Glock with a shittier trigger, but now for the price you can get much better used guns or better quality new guns. For the same price of a SD9, you can get a new Witness, Walther PPQ, Canik RAID special, >Gripzone

>I own an Hi-Point C9, I'd take one of those over this too.
See, now you're just being silly.

>s&w makes a better glock for 230$ than glock makes for 550$
Haha faggot haha.

Attached: 1500942083390.gif (259x202, 1.95M)

No, I'm serious. It sounds like hyperbole but it isn't. I got it as a range toy for the novelty, thinking it'd be a total piece of shit, but it's really not bad. The trigger is better and it's surprisingly accurate. I shoot it better than an sd9ve even with the direct blowback system.

There are tons of other things that I'd choose before the Hi-Point, but if it came down to that or the sd9ve, C9 all the way.

Attached: 1529180801292.jpg (1535x2100, 2.48M)

Good first throw away gun. The trigger finger gains are worth it. 4kish rounds and no issues yet

Youre an idiot who doesnt know what hes talking about isnt willing to learn and this is why nobody likes you