Red Dot for AR Pistol

I'm building out a 10.5" AR Pistol and trying to decide on a good red dot optic.

Right now, I am looking at:
>Trijicon MRO $$$
>AimPoint PRO $$$
>Sig Romeo5x $$
>Primary Arms microdot $

Any recommendations?

I am also not opposed to using an RMR, but I am thinking the sight picture may be too small. Anyone use an RMR on their AR?

Attached: MRO.jpg (1086x610, 178K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x8qympAk-HA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bumping. I'm building a 10.3 pistola.

luv u bro, god bless

Aimpoint T2 or exps3. Out of your list I would buy an aimpoint pro

These are Just as good! But seriously they’re less than 1/3 of the price of the other options you listed. Not even in the same class. of the 2, the romeo5 is better than the PA, esp considering Romeo has motac.

Attached: DC80F41F-864D-44F9-9716-FC9EA297AAC9.jpg (3024x1761, 1.08M)

A used PRO.

Never used an MRO, but no popular reviewers seem to advocate it besides MAC, and he’s a pud.

I dislike Sig products out of hand, so there’s that.

Primary Arms is the best value, but if you’re building a pistol from scratch, go for the “professional grade” shit that will retain its value.

Let's say I don't understand red dots.

Why does anyone get anything bigger than 1 moa dots?

I actually already have the Romeon 5x. It definitely is a solid red dot.

But I am kinda thinking on the same lines as
might go higher end

Faster aqusition of the dot.

The parallax to the MRO is so bad it's almost unusable. Literally worse than an airsoft red dot.

Cost vs ruggedness. 2-4 MOA is perfectly fine for use out to typical unmagnified range, and any further precision becomes more difficult to keep reliable under abuse.

did you read that on the Internets or do you have personal experience?

Bigger dots are easier to acquire. 1 MOA allows for more precise shots, 2+ MOA allows for faster dot-to-target time.

I have to say between the PA and the Sig, I'd go with sig. I got one on a flash sale for my AR pistol a while ago for $115 and it's been great. The motion sensitive switch has been pretty cool, I'm still on my first battery and it's been switched on for 8 months now.

You clearly have no idea how RDS work. The dot is projected onto reflective coated lens by an LED. The LED has masking applied to block off most of the LED and just let a dot through (or make the reticle pattern in the case of say circle-dot Holosun). The LED is the same whether it's 1MOA or 10MOA dot. This has absolutely no effect on reliability and ruggedness.

I have a SPARC and a Crossfire 2 and theyre both good optics.
I always had a anti-Vortex stance, just got annoyed with their annoying marketing strategy and heard they were rebranded chinkshit, but I decided to go for the SPARC when it was on sale and I must say they are both very good for the money.
If I was gonna buy a long range scope Id stick with higher tier brands though.

Personal experience.

I loved absolutely everything about it except for the ridiculous amount of parallax that's even worse than a cheap tasco airsoft sight. If you don't center the dot exactly then you will miss your shots, the vertical parallax was even worse than the horizontal. I let me brother shoot my AR and we both got tight groupings at 50 yards but in 2 different sides of the target.

My issue with the SPARC is when compared to the Sig Romeo or Primary Arms/Holosun equivalents, the SPARC has a pretty small sight picture.

I put a Holosun 507 on one of my car beans.

-automatic features almost no one else has
-gorillion hours run time with solar power
-cheap
-small 2 moa dot with optional EOTech ring
-super light

Why not?

Attached: holoshine.jpg (1800x1200, 808K)

>they were rebranded chinkshit
Just about everything sub $400 is.

Romeo 5 is g2g

I know this is a horrible reason, but whenever I see the "Holosun" logo, I think "Poor person"

Do you mind posting a pic of the entire AR with that sight?

The mepro rds is good if you don’t mind giving money to people that want you dead

Apparently I never took a new pic of the whole thing after I changed optics so here's an older one when it still had an RMR.

I traded """""down""""", removed the RMR for the Holosun 507 and couldn't be happier. The Holosun glass is less tinted and less distorted, it has greater battery life, a smaller dot plus the ring reticle, solar power and cost basically half as much. Super extra win.

Yeah I think that too, especially with the super shiny finish on them compared to the matte finish Trijicon and Aimpoint use, but seriously if you aren't smashing optics around in the mud and rocks Holosun is more than adequate. And this is Jow Forums so literally nobody's doing that.

Attached: bantam smooth and strong.jpg (2600x1733, 1.51M)

lol good point.

Do you think those "pistol style" dots hold up just as well on an AR compared to like a normal T2/Romeo5/Primary Arms dot?

They’re made to go on reciprocating slides, so recoil is not an issue.

I have the Burris Fastfire 3 in Burris AR-F3 mount on my 9mm AR pistol. It's kind of a clunky looking setup, but the mount helps protect the RDS if you think it'll be getting banged around a lot.

Still think I'm gonna change it out and put the Fastfire on something else, sans F3 mount. Like I said, it is clunky and heavy (for that style of sight/mount)

Attached: 20190107_193829.jpg (998x1331, 501K)

that is true. I just wonder if you dropped it the wrong way it would shatter the glass compared to a normal red dot, just because the frame is smaller/thinner.

Funny you mention that. Like user said they're meant to go on pistols so yeah they're plenty tough against recoil but RMRs, the most hardened option, were known for flickering. Hence the Type 2.

My RMR flickered on that rifle which was annoying and one of the main reasons I switched, but the cheapo Holosun never has. The automation is also really cool on a rifle; whenever it's stored the optic turns off, pick up the rifle and it turns on.

The RMR is still the most resistant to drops directly on the top, but the Holosun is second hardiest. The only problem is Holosun's warranty sucks shit so if you DID have a problem you're likely to be on your own. Both optics might not survive a drop right on the hood with the weight of a rifle on it, but that's why I said it's great for anyone who's not cartwheeling through rock quarries.

Attached: holo.jpg (1400x933, 216K)

>Both optics might not survive a drop right on the hood with the weight of a rifle on it
you would be suprised. I was running on the range last winter, slipped on black ice and fell on my ass. The 870 I had my rmr mounted on went flying 10 feet in the air and landed right on the rmr. Its scratched to shit but is still fully functional.

Attached: old870.png (1172x698, 2.01M)

Good information. Like you mentioned, this is Jow Forums so the likely hood of it getting banged around all the time because of combat reasons is slim to none.

I am still thinking of going the normal red dot route just because the casing can probably take more of a beating in a SHTF situation. But i definitely like the look of a raised pistol red dot.

>Never used an MRO, but no popular reviewers seem to advocate it besides MAC, and he’s a pud.
I honestly don't know what Trijicon were thinking with that fuckhuge lense with its fisheye effect and the chinkshit-grade refraction. Holy GOD is the refraction blatant when you shoot with both eyes open like you're supposed to with dots. And then there's the fun little factor of inconsistent magnification. Will your dot be a 1.1x, like it's supposed to be? 1.10x? 1.25x? Who knows, roll the dice!

If all this shit came with a $150 dot, I'd just shrug. But $400? Get fucked, I'm already 2/3rds of the way to a T1 so I might as well save up a bit more, or just get a PRO for the same amount.

Attached: MRO_refraction.gif (500x281, 3.26M)

holosun

You forgot the real deal breaker.

Parallax

Do they make RMR-type pistol sights that have MOTAC?

Just got Romeo 5 today based on reviews. Not used it yet though.

Dont eotechs have an issue with holding zero?

Holosun $$

this video gives a good overview if you arent the kind of person that flies into an autistic rage at watching a gun youtuber
youtube.com/watch?v=x8qympAk-HA

Not any more than any other top of the line red dot with the exps/xps line.

>dont buy an aimpoint!
t. people who dont own an aimpoint

>dont buy an mro!
t. people who dont own an aimpoint

>dont buy sig!
t. people who dont own a sig dot

>buy primary arms!
t. people who can't afford anything else and need validation

What are some good non-magnified sights with a circle in dot reticle other than eotech?

MROs are made by Trijicon not Aimpoint

Holosun

If you want to boy based on politics:
>>Trijicon MRO $$$
people that put bible verses on optics
>>AimPoint PRO $$$
swedes(?), factory is in the city known to be unsafe for Jews cause of the high Muslim population
>>Sig Romeo5x $$
seems to be japanese
>>Primary Arms microdot $
seems to be Chinese

If you can afford the PRO get it, it's the one the other's are based on.

That said I love my Romeo5. Romeo5 with a LaRue trigger has made my 10.5 AR pistol SOOO much more gun.

The battery on the Romeo5 lasts over 5 years of regular use and you can get a 4 pack of them from amazon for less than 5 bucks.

Now I just need to think of how I can improve my AR as much as a 100$ trigger and 120$ sight has. I guess I only need a light and more trigger time.

Sig Romeo 5 is my optic of choice. Does everything you need and nothing you dont. Holds zero, strong battery, it's affordable, anyone who tells you otherwise is a faggot

Pics??

It drove me crazy. It was super light and the wide FOV I liked better than the Aimpoint Micro I replaces it with, but the weird .zoom made it really uncomfortable to shoot both eyes open

Anyone have experience with the Leupold Delta Point Pro?

Specifically on an AR Pistol / Rifle?

aimpoint pro. everything else is just trying to match it

>poors mans T2 / compm5

>aimpoint pro updated
thanks for proving my point buddy