Striker fired vs Sa/Da

So, does / k/ prefer Striker fired or single action double acton?

Attached: 51183134_603180680141464_6506008443307116974_n.jpg (480x480, 44K)

SAO
Yeehaw

Both.

Striker. Double-action is obsolete. It's not bad, just a subpar, outdated mechanism.

Started striker, then LEM, now seriously feeling the bug for a DA/SA D spring PX4 after shooting one. I just assume this happens after you get older or something.

depends on the pistol really. Started striker, DA/SA grew on me. There are really good DA's and really shitty ones, just like strikers. The differences between the really good triggers is very small. SAO is just cruise control for cool.

And then there's fucking DAK.

>6 pound double action
>3 pound single action for every subsequent shot
>inferior to a 6 pound glock trigger
IAMLAFFIN

DA/SA is more fun if youre an experienced shooter
striker is all around more practical

Attached: glock 17.jpg (1500x750, 195K)

DAO
you yeed your last haw

Attached: smith and wesson 5946.jpg (1000x737, 62K)

I shoot both and DGAF.

>although some guns have an ass DA pull

>striker is all around more practical for teaching new shooters to not learn how to shoot

I tend to lean towards DA/SA since I am still a novice at carrying handguns so the DA is a decent precaution but the midget slide on that CZ P07 looks troubling.

I am looking at the Sig SP2022 9mm as a first purchase even though I am a left-hander and the ambidextrous decocker on the CZ P07 is appealing.

I prefer striker but have slowly been catching on to DA/SA. I think given enough time I'll prefer DA/SA

Attached: 824c5d16944011b73dd0d4ffb09ed8519348ed92048d2b83eabf53334ca9a4a7.jpg (590x775, 108K)

>6 pound double action
More like 13, in the case of the P-07 in OP's pic. Guess which shot is the most important one in self-defense.

>inferior to a 6 pound glock trigger
The P-10 in OP's pic has a 4 pound trigger, with the option to install an aftermarket 3 pound one.

SA/DA
S&W model 910 user here. Anyone know if a more modern pistol with that finger twitch level of trigger reset?

i'm autistic and like having an additional doohickey to fiddle with. da also guarantees i don't drunkenly shoot my dick off

>i'm autistic and like having an additional doohickey to fiddle with.
Sounds like an ND waiting to happen, regardless of the gun.

>da also guarantees i don't drunkenly shoot my dick off
Not really, neither a DA trigger pull nor a manual safety will stop a drunk from acting stupid.

i mean sitting at my computer playing with a cleared weapon mindlessly working the action. i'm lying. sometimes it's loaded and i like cycling and reloading mags.
having that additional external mechanism necessary for the gun to fire is pretty big dude. though i don't consider myself a retard and don't foresee the likelihood of ever having an nd even with all the dumb shit i do, da/sa gives me that extra degree of comfort while the difference between a da pull and striker i consider negligible.
did i mention i'm a big fucking dumbdumb and i like playing with my toys

>though i don't consider myself a retard and don't foresee the likelihood of ever having an nd even with all the dumb shit i do
Like everyone who eventually NDed. Just saying.

I like DA/SA because it's so classic

if you don't like the DA then just manually cock the hammer and there you are.

Attached: filburt_as_steve_by_alexb22-d9sj8qj.png (348x632, 335K)

naw. it would've happened already. i seem to know my safety practices even while complete fucked. do not follow my lead.

Bersa TPR, real short reset

cocked and locked

Attached: sig10mm.jpg (1924x2264, 1.37M)

I own both of these pistols. I like the Omega trigger better.

I like both but prefer DA/SA because that's just what I started with and that's what I still feel most comfortable carrying. I'm perfectly comfortable with a Glock though.

yee yee, then.

I like da/sa decocker only.

I started striker, prefer DA/SA. Dry fire with the DA helped me a great deal with trigger control.

I wants it

DA/SA

First gun. Nice for the price

Do it, the Px4 is a super comfy gun

SA/DA all the way

>not carrying the CZ condition 1
wew

Don't say shit like that. I need a new fence this year.

I can't shoot a striker fired pistol worth a damn. Like we're talking missing human sized plates at 20 yards. Absolutely hate them.
Obviously I can't hit anything with a DA pull either but SA I'm a reasonable shot. ymmv

DAO, particularly HK’s light LEM.

Production won't let me though. Fucker's won't even let me start from the decocker.

I've gone back and forth. There are some really good SA/DA options out there. And in SA it's definitely easier to make accurate deliberate shots. It's safer to carry appendix. I've tried and shot everything out there, but for me I've personally gone back to Glock and made it a priority to stick with it and shoot it to the best of my abilities. I also carry a DAO LCR and I'm pretty confident with it out to 25 yards. The difference being that the LCR has a smooth 8-10 pound double action and most semi auto double action pistols stack hard and are difficult to master. This wouldn't be a problem for me if those pistols were as reliable as a Glock. I know I'm being autistic here but I've decided that dedicating myself to one pistol and learning to shoot it extremely well is more important than having a shiny new carry gun every other month. I'm finally at the point where I feel comfortable with both carry pistols enough that I don't feel I need to change anything up.

I have a Glock 17 with an RMR type 2, and an LCR .38. I carry the LCR more often, but I like having the option of a full sized pistol if I feel like I'm going to need an offensive tool vs a defensive tool.

I haven't shot them put whatever that DAO sig is I've dry fired. It was weird.

DAK isn't LEM. Check it out

You need to practice more and realize that shooting a handgun past 7 yards is extremely difficult. Once you've taken the handguns are difficult to shoot well pill you'll become better. I've seen guys at the range that can't hit a human sized target at 3 yards.

Can you guys give me some advice on shooting. Been shooting 4 times (self taught) at 40 feet this was my groupings (110 rounds on this target, avg 3 sec per shot) shooting mp 2.0 compact, 124 grain fmj american eagle.

Attached: 20190315_115105.jpg (4032x1960, 2.04M)

All the 9 score was quick point/shoot

Okay boomer

>SAO
Disgusting. That said, I’m utterly devastated SIG discontinued the Stainless Elite line for the P220. They had all the upgrades the Legions do with twice the aesthetics.

I used to do that until I shot myself in the foot and the blood somehow shorted out my power strip. Ruined a $2k computer and got some medical bills.

Doesnt matter to me, it's the same fundamentals of trigger control, stance, grip, sight alignment, etc. with any pistol. I prefer striker fired for the consistency and added reliability though; exposed hammers are another failure point and it doesnt take that much dirt/debris in that area to cause a FTF. but that's really more of a nitpick and is unlikely to happen, but it can especially if dropped in the dirt. For carry guns I prefer strikers, but nothing wrong da/sa at all.

You should be able to pick up any pistol and make accurate shots with it regardless of the firing mechanism. If not your fundamentals are lacking

Striker-fired and single-action pistols are like cars with automatic transmissions. Single-action being the best 7-speed semi-automatic/dual-clutch transmission, striker-fired being a crappy 4-speed automatic transmission.

Double-action pistols would be cars with manual transmission - more difficult to drive, but more fun, although they’re not as efficient as modern automatic transmission cars.

>So, does / k/ prefer Striker fired or single action double acton?
These aren't mutually exclusive things.

Minus about two guns, they're usually exclusive, Mr. Technicality

They're not, because double action and single action operation have nothing to do with being striker or hammer fired.

Depends what they're used for.

For ccw i like sa/da. If it was a duty holster carry type of thing, i'd probably rather have striker.

>stick finger in front of hammer
>stick penor inside of anus

>adding another unnecessary point of failure to your draw
Miss me with that gay shit.