Just to lay this to rest. The AR-15 weapons platform is the best rifle design in existence today...

Just to lay this to rest. The AR-15 weapons platform is the best rifle design in existence today, by a significant enough margin that the only excuse to use something else is because you're a collector, in which case your primary should still be an AR.

Dollar-for-dollar and pound-for-point, the Glock brand handguns chambered in 9mm, particularly the G19 (generation 3, in my opinion, but there's room for preference on generation) are the best sidearm in existence, again by far enough that there's no excuse for a modern and well-informed shooter to choose otherwise.

You're welcome to disagree and try to debate me on this, but I'm confident you'll lose and I hope you'll bring a real argument and other contenders to the table instead of wasting our time with memes. I hope we can make this the final, definitive thread on the subject.

Attached: stop.png (841x392, 115K)

why the 19 and not the 17? honestly asking. I can't really picture a setting in which someone cannot conceal the 17 but they CAN conceal a 19.

>Dollar-for-dollar and pound-for-point, the Glock brand handguns chambered in 9mm, particularly the G19 (generation 3, in my opinion, but there's room for preference on generation) are the best sidearm in existence
Yes, but I still don't like them because they are chunky un-ergonomic crunchy cap-gun-trigger pieces of fucking plastic. I want one of those Beretta cop guns before they're all gone. Fight me.

>The AR-15 weapons platform is the best rifle design in existence today
Stopped reading here.

Attached: 1450232583056.jpg (800x450, 86K)

>I hope we can make this the final, definitive thread on the subject.
You will be disappointed.

The AR is NOT the best in existence by it's own merit alone.
It is, unfortunately, the late 90's Honda civic of guns, a mediocre to decent gun in it's own right made capable of literally anything again, not by its self but by third party support.
Another rifle (HK33 anyone? AUG? SCAR? literally any 5.56 rifle with decent barrel harmonics?) Provided with the same aftermarket and a decent price (less than $1k) could and would go to to toe with the AR and more likely than not win.
Again. It is not good in it's own right. Just the aftermarket.

The Glock is liquid ass and that shit is BS.
DA/SA is and always will be the best trigger system for a handgun. However. If you find me an all steel DA/SA that takes glock mags it would easily take the cake.

That's a really immature reason to dislike them. You should acknowledge them and train yourself out of disliking them, the same way you'd train yourself out of a flinch. You're choosing a worse gun deliberately rather than overcome your emotional handicap, do you see why this is a problem?

Now this is a fair point by comparison, but I did say "particularly", and wasn't specifically talking about concealment, though it's good to keep in mind.

Name an alternative, ANY alternative, that is as good or better. Oh wait, you can't and you won't, you'll just post anime girls and spam report and pray the jannies remove the bad man telling you the hard truth.

ar yes, glock no, handgun it comes to preference

brap brap braaap all I hear is richfag whining about how he gets btfo by poorniggers' psa ars

It's not emotional. It's aesthetic and ergonomic. I grew up on firearms with nice triggers.

Why and how are any of those better than an AR? Definitely not in price at the low end or accuracy at the high end.

>wanting a steel handgun?

Why? Ounces make pounds and polymer is lighter than steel. Every bit of weight matters, this is why bayonets went the way of the Dodo and even combat knives are semi-obsolete.

That's all meaningless jargon, you probably grew up on handguns where nine rounds was a lot, too. You should practice with the optimal gun, and that's a Glock. It's not the gun that's wrong, it's you and your hands and your stupid thinking that a burglar cares about how aesthetic the gun you're reaching for is.

>PSA outshooting any of the guns the other user named

Attached: 1461813100054.png (542x520, 168K)

> AR15
>as good or better
but there are so many viable options - if you judge on the actual quality of the rifle alone.
Because the thing is, you can't just give a percentage score.
A tier list would be more accurate, but the fact is, if it is G2G it is just G2G

and there are a variety of guns that meet the standard.

anyway
> still finicky
> nobody WILL EVER copy the gas system, because it was a mistake
> can't adjust it
> the buffer tube means if you actually want small you need to rape your gun with a law folder
> you still won't be able to shoot it folded.
> it'll always let dirt in and make your gun weaker, heavier and cost more
> the ergos are just passable. Gotta change your posture in a big way to use the charging handle.
> must open the action to drain if wet
> if locked out of battery, impossible to open
it's a great gun, like Oedipus Rex is a great play.
but I'd love to hear you say why you think it's good.

>glock
if glocks are even decent, why are a full half of them raped with soldering irons, wearing aftermarket sights and non-factory internals??

they're G2G and probably a top pick for most people, but it's isn't like there is a clear, definitive winner
buy whatever the fuck you want, i'm not your dad

the AR isn't even good, it's just ubiquitous enough to be cheap

AR15
>just put the charging handle in my face senpai, while you're at it, fart all the gas out in my face too. Then give me an aluminum buffer tube that can bend easily and only the option for plastic stocks.

Glock
>just strip every useful feature for gunfight drills such as ambidextrous controls, polished steel mags, front slide serrations, and magazine lips so our users have to remove mags with their teeth with their index finger somehow pushing the mag release if one of their arms goes down senpai. While you're at it, give them a plastic guide rod so we can look lightweight on paper and be cheap for our law enforcement contracts. Let's also use the same design for every gun, even if it doesn't work just nigger rig it until it does.

Piss poor choices in the modern world of plentiful choices.

>Dollar-for-dollar and pound-for-point, the Glock brand handguns chambered in 9mm, particularly the G19 (generation 3, in my opinion, but there's room for preference on generation) are the best sidearm in existence, again by far enough that there's no excuse for a modern and well-informed shooter to choose otherwise.
Ya blew it. the AR thing is 1/4 true, but that's just retarded.

i would trade my AR right now for a ruger mk4 or kel-tec PLR

Attached: plr.jpg (1200x596, 71K)

nobody wants to debate you wrongfag. False sense of self worth

Doesn't know what "Pound for pound" means

Argues anyways. Fucking classic.

> responds to 1 thing in 1 post
> does it without refuting a single point
> ignores
> can't into grenntext
> can't deal with the fact that the gooks made a better rifle

Attached: reagen is in hell now for this.jpg (650x560, 33K)

You don't HAVE to use your teeth. I assume you're talking about clearing a level 1 or 2 failure one handed. I was a pistol course instructor for a couple years, and needless to say a ton of people brought glocks to classes. We had to teach them special maneuvers for the drills. For example, during a level 1 or 2 malfunction on a one handed drill, they'd have to squat down and slam their wrist on their thigh to create enough momentum for the mag to drop free. I dubbed this "the glock dance." Meanwhile people with HKs, FNs, even shitty s&w just pressed the mag release like normal, sometimes giving it a flick of the wrist to clear the mag, since every other handgun uses normal mags. Only glock uses shitty plastic which honestly shouldn't even be used for that long on rifles (since they bow out and the feed lips get chewed up over time, plastic mags are meant to be disposable. Shit even the aluminum AR mags were meant to be disposable. Only steel lasts.)

You actually can release the mag with your index finger, you just have to sort of roll the grip in your hand until it gets in the proper position. This just made the glock dance look even more retarded because now they were holding their gun sideways while slamming themselves in the dick. Very few guns are fully ambidextrous, including full time ambi mag release, but I think it's something that should be included on every handgun at this point. The technology is there, the amount of gun owners actually wanting guns that would fare well in a gunfight isn't. Imho, as a cop who exclusively carried a glock (not by choice) and a former firearms instructor, I don't consider the glock platform to be a fighting handgun. It's the perfect civilian gun though, it's completely dumbed down and you aren't going to train with it anyway so why do you care about any of this. All you need it to do is point forward and put holes on paper.

Completely ignores the entire point of my post. Retardation is not lost on you.

You literally quoted everyone in your echo chamber you dumb cunt, go back to Jow Forumsguns

Oh and I forgot the BIGGEST actual issue with glocks, and it also relates to their retarded plastic magazine idea. They're difficult as fuck to seat. I would actually teach glock users to insert the mag and give it a good whack to make sure it seated properly, thus it required an extra step. If they didn't do this, a drill would go something like this:
>load up a magazine!
>charge your weapon!
>remember: grip, sights, slack, smooth press! THREAT, fire when ready!
>*POP POP POP POP POP*

and during the shots you'd hear a couple things hitting the ground that weren't shells. Someone's mag would drop, or a couple, or a few. Glocks everytime, failed to seat and dropped after the first shot. Those people would be the ones who didn't make it out of that gunfight, had it been the real thing. They'd have gotten one shot off and their weapon would have failed them. This I don't consider to be a user error (all things considered, this tool has to work reliably for the average user under stress and imperfect conditions, household not have to do something with an absolute degree of perfection every time in order just to get it to work, same goes for the limp wristing problem glocks have), it's a malfunction within the platform itself. Other handguns don't have such a big issue with this, but glock makes their magazines fit as tightly as possible to shave off millimeters so their gun measures as small as possible on paper, so non-autists like OP think that "pound for pound" and cm for cm, they're the best bang for your buck. In reality they shouldn't be that small or light, because being made that way causes malfunctions. They went with plastic mags so they could say their product weighs an ounce less than the competition, and to have it cost less than the competition, when in reality all they did was make it suck more than the competition.

the purpose of your post was to refute his argument in support of your claim that AR/glock is the be-all end-all
that's why you wrote, but you failed to do it.

you didn't touch his argument or even acknowledge the other posters who are making good points.
you lack the sophistication to choose good weapons or develop skill
your opinions and abilities are null

>In reality they shouldn't be that small or light, because being made that way causes malfunctions. They went with plastic mags so they could say their product weighs an ounce less than the competition, and to have it cost less than the competition, when in reality all they did was make it suck more than the competition.

I really want to defend my purchase... I really really want to, but I feel like I've just been redpilled on Glocks. At least they have good resale value. What do you recommend besides them?

you dingus, the glock is still G2G
it'll do what you need done just fine.

>dollar-for-dollar

But Glocks are overpriced to no end. The gun is made for like $80.

I consider the FNS and 509 to be the best bang/buck for the sensible gun owner. HK also utilizes an ambi mag release. Really anything that has an ambi mag release with steel mags that seat properly. There's other small things like the magazine ends having enough purchase space to pull them free, but most people can grab onto a little nub of magazine and manage to pull it free so it's typically not a huge issue. In glocks defense I really like what they did with the gen 5, the magazine cutouts. Most people didn't like that they were in front and back rather than being in both sides like how HK does it, but I consider front and back superior because nobody loads mags pinching them on both sides, so why should they be removed like that? (You're supposed to load pinching them on the front and back btw).

Anyway, you don't need a freaking race gun, just something that hasn't had standard/useful features removed to save weight like the fucking glock. Imo some of the choices they made have led to huge issues in the training world. You don't train with a glock, you end up training around it's flaws. This isn't exclusive to glocks btw, I can trash other brands but glock is a primary culprit of overrated shitty engineering.

I'm not doubting it'll do things. It's just not the best tool for the job. It's like trying to jack off with a stick.

Galil ACE > any equal-price off-the-shelf AR

$700 at Cabela's: Glock 19 Gen5 with night sights, garbage trigger, and basic-bitch 9mm Luger chambering strength.

$700 MSRP: CZ-75 SP01 tactical with night sights, ambidextrous decocker, very good trigger, and NATO-approved chambering.

are you autistic?

All of those rifles don't seal off their important bits nearly as well as an AR 15. Check any mud test on these weapon platforms and the AR will destroy all of them because it keeps sand/dust/mud/water/pebbles out of its internal components which allows the gun to run flawlessly

glocks are fine for an entry level gun for a decent price but you're delusional if you think they're some kind of premium firearm masquerading as a cheap piece of shit.

I can agree on the AR15 part.
But G19? What are you some kind of fucking fairy?
The sidearm is more of a "what handgun would you want to go out in a blaze of glory with?" preference, not hurdur muh tacticool greyman gun hurrr.

You can't be serious. The upper wobbles on the lower even on higher end ones, making a crack run along the receiver.

>Dollar-for-dollar and pound-for-point, the Glock brand handguns chambered in 9mm, particularly the G19 (...) are the best sidearm in existence
>Dollar-for-dollar
Lmao, this is not the 20th century anymore. Pretty much every manufacturer and their mother is making a striker fired, polymer framed, compact handgun that is both cheaper and with more/better features than Glock.

do you buy $400 ARs and then watch history/millitary channel shows about vietnam and form your opinions that way? From personal experience and from watching several test videos its easy to see how solid the AR platform is you fucking nigger

AR gets better all the time while other rifles are static. The flexability of the AR makes it the best as it can always be improved.

Sure, they're the best option in their respective classes, and I still won't buy one, because they're gay and I hate them

>Dollar-for-dollar
>there's no excuse for a modern and well-informed shooter to choose otherwise.
There's no excuse for somebody to choose otherwise because it's the best "dollar for dollar"?
What if I can afford better?

I'm not really into shooting handguns because they just aren't as fun (and I'm 19 so I can't really own one) and in my mind all polymer pistols were the same until I rented a Glock 17 and a Sig P320 and shot both; one after the other. I was able to shoot the P320 so much better. Made my little brother shoot both and he also shot the 320 better by a significant margin. Idk if it's the grip angle or what but the Glock wasn't anywhere near as shootable or well handling as the Sig. Last thing I wanted to mention was that the Glock wouldn't go back into battery and I had to smack the slide forward a little after every shot. I know this really isn't a valid complaint as range guns are poorly maintained but these experiences really turned me off to Glocks. When I turn 21 I'm thinking of getting an FN or Sign 320 Bravo as my polymer "tactical" pistol. Also; Glocks are nig guns.

Last thing; I'm sure Glocks are great but from what I can tell you have to train around them whereas M&Ps, 320s, etc are more pick up and shoot.

is this a joke?

Attached: Glock 17-19-26.jpg (400x249, 31K)

Is that the AR-18? Cool looking rifle

>Dollar-for-dollar and pound-for-point, the Glock brand handguns chambered in 9mm, particularly the G19 (generation 3, in my opinion, but there's room for preference on generation) are the best sidearm in existence
and what makes them better than, say, a $500 92FS

This, glocks are for niggers and sheepdawgs.