Going to the range soon to try out some snub nose revolvers for potential ccw

Going to the range soon to try out some snub nose revolvers for potential ccw.

Suggestions on what to try?

Attached: 61699.jpg (1000x680, 230K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BnTW6fZz-1E
youtube.com/watch?v=NMkp2m6ZuIc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Stainless is the way to go. Let’s you shoot the hotter magnums without being outrageous in recoil.

Not a Colt Cobra. I bought the relaunch in 2017, way too big for a coat pocket revolver or most CCW. Ruger LCRs are nice.

I've heard good things about of the LCR, that one's on the list

ruger lcr
smith and wesson 642/442, if you must have a hammer then the 638 or 637
older model 36s are nice, relatively cheaper but they cant shoot hot loads

taurus and charters arms are ok tier, you might get a lemon but theyre not as bad as the memes

I CC a Colt Police Positive in 32 S&W Long w/ a 2.5" barrel every day. Easy to carry and maintain, and is fun to target shoot with too. Bought it years ago at an auction for $150 so I've never worried about it getting (more) holster wear or anything.

Ruger lcr x has a hammer fyi

I carry the LCR38, it's light/snappy to target shoot but it's still fine. That's just kind of how it goes with snubs, if you make it heavy enough to shoot comfortably it's just not as nice as a carry gun.

I inherited an older model Charter Arms years ago
5 shot
I saw they were still one of the lower priced .38 snub nose at $300 or maybe a little less

it is a very high quality gun
but mine is I don't know how old

youtube.com/watch?v=BnTW6fZz-1E

I guess Charter Arms will take out the browns if you know what I mean

but its hard to hit anything with a gun that small
unless its something bigger and close
like a "human" at 10 yards

I carry a sp101 .357 2.25" hammerless. For full house .357s it really isn't too bad, but it is a snub and snubs aren't much fun to shoot. Target .38s out of it are an absolute cupcake

I love the gun but it is heavy as fuck. Like almost too heavy to carry despite being a snub. But, on the bright side when you run out of ammo you can always beat some one to death with it

The trigger is heavy as balls and will definitely make you appreciate any other guns trigger. Train with that heavy sob and anything after it will feel like a crisp match trigger. I want to take it in and have the trigger worked and a night sight put on the front

If you're going to carry a revolver in anything but a pocket, get a Ruger SP101, S&W 640 or 649

Otherwise, LCR or 642 or 638 for pocket carry

Attached: slick.jpg (1500x988, 211K)

What?

Smith and Wesson Model 640-3.
A little pricy but I own one and really enjoy it. It's rated for .357 but it'll take you on a bit of a ride if you do.

My lgs has the sp101 3" barrel 357 on sale for $529, yet they want $599 for the 2 1/4 barrel on sale. Typo or because there's more demand for the snub nose? I almost went today but talked myself out of it. I will probably go tomorrow.

Attached: sp101.png (696x581, 253K)

Lcr or 642 / 442. LCR is lighter.

ruger sp101 in .357 magnum

the old old charter arms were very high quality meant to compete with the likes of Colt during the heyday of the Python. the new old charter arms were more budget oriented models as the advent of polymer wonder nines flooded the market. the new new charter arms are higher quality since the company reformed, but are generally still considered budget oriented.
the new nitride-coated models are actually a really good deal for a revolver you can carry without having to be overly concerned about rust or maintenance.
hunting down classic charter arms revolvers at pawnshops and gunshows is a lot of fun, desu.

Attached: 63820_UNDERCOVER_Nitride_.38_Spl_2in_LF_2048x2048.jpg (2048x1365, 189K)

SW airweight 642, remove the boot grips and get the wood pachmayr grips off Amazon for 20 bucks

>buying a Full size revolver that only shoots 5 rounds

Give a .22 WMR LCR or S&W 351 a chance.
They have heavier triggers than their centerfire counterparts for more reliable ignition, but 1. tiny guns suck to shoot regardless, 2. the nonexistent recoil makes them way nicer to shoot, and 3. you can get good self-defense .22 WMR that penetrates 12+ inches of ballistics gel and expands to ~.40 cal for the same price as cheap 9mm FMJ, so you end up with a gun that weighs almost nothing, holds more rounds than a .38/.357, and is cheap and pleasant enough to shoot that you can and will practice with it consistently.
youtube.com/watch?v=NMkp2m6ZuIc

Attached: LXTZyja.jpg (768x1024, 111K)

NAA Pug

Snub nosed revolvers are pointless.Just get a revolver with a proper barrel. That extra 2 inches isn't going to make it any harder to conceal. Hell, I've concealed full size 1911s before, so a K frame should be easy.

snubs feel like ass and are just shit all around

just get a single stack subcompact

Just get a glock 42 or 43, same ballistics, better recoil characteristics.

>Just get a glock 42 or 43
big gay