Any machine gunners on this board? Do you guys like the 240 or the .50 cal better?

Any machine gunners on this board? Do you guys like the 240 or the .50 cal better?

I like the .50 but carrying that thing around is a bitch.

Attached: 6C8723D5-F6C5-417B-AA1F-C50CE3022587.jpg (1000x667, 194K)

30 cal machineguns are the perfect sweetspot

In what bizarro Army are you carrying a .50 around and not keeping it mounted on a vic or stationary on a BP?

>In what bizarro Army are you carrying a .50 around

/thread

op is underage

I know the Herd was jumping and humping .50's as recently as 2003.

Marine corps dude. 95% of the time we mount them but on battalion hikes we carry those heavy motherfuckers.

this, FN MAG, PK and MG3 are best.
good range, accuracy, portability.

Swedish Amphibious Corps.

Well not op but in the french army sometime you're the vehicule...

>vehicule
frog detected.

Guerilla company has a squad for light AA and stuff equipped with NSVs.

Attached: deebly goncerned.png (600x500, 98K)

>french army

Attached: duh.jpg (257x196, 7K)

P I G

89 pounds with the barrel attached
Not including tripod or ammo
You ain't humping that assembled

Depends on the mission. I personally enjoyed shooting the 240 more, but that's 'cuz I spent more time on that than any other. Can't beat thr boner factor of the .50 tho.

0331 n sheeit

Humping the .50 isnt as bad as it seems a dismounted team may take 150 pounds of gun+gear with a squad of 11s having a can each

Also I have done it assembled when a barrel got stuck but in general disassembly is preferred

240 just works so much better. 50 cal is cool and all but you have to baby it with timing and headspace adjustments

I dont think i need to get into the weight factor. 30cal can still fuck up vehicles and people

Both, for different applications. MK48 is great also. Experience is WSL in Astan

The only MG i really ever fired was the MG3, MG4 and MG5 in the german army and an M249 and M240 when we where training with the Americans and i gotta say i prefer the MG3 of all of those, idk why i am more of an Old school soldier but i love the MG3 it has a steady recoil and a good rate of fire and you can squeeze off good bursts

The new barrels don’t need to be spaced right?

M240b ftw. I love the .50 but I was an 0331 in a helo assault company so the 240 was my bread and butter.

Dismounted and forward 50 cal MGs are the very definition of "but why?".

240 all day. M2 is a bitch

84 lbs and no we split the receiver, barrel and Tripod up between the gun team.

The new M2’s don’t need to be manually adjusted. However they’re still a bitch, that thing misfires like a motherfucker

240B is awesome. M2s are cool, but fuckin' A shooting a 240 is hella fun if they let you fuck around with it.

So funny story, my staff sergeant had gone for MARSOC and part of the evaluation included a hike. You would have several Marines carrying parts of the .50, but whenever a Marine would fall out, another Marine had to take his .50 component. My staff sergeant was one of the last people left on the hike and fell out after carrying an entire .50 cal. Other than that, I never did stuff with the weapons or CAT guys and never saw folks seriously carrying around .50's except for setting shit up.