A question for military anons

Do you resent civilians, and if so, why?

Attached: stock-photo-female-soldier-saluting-386151253.jpg (450x320, 40K)

I dont resent civilians. I just wish there was a way to make them understand the things we understand. They worship or hate us without knowing anything about what we do.

oh we know exactly what you guys are doing, don't worry.

Yes. Because they look slightly less miserable.

I look at is any other government job with its pros and cons and am usually ambivalent about mildudes. Is this what you want?

Considering we replenish the trust fund that pays their bills, the military should be thanking us.

I'm a civvie and don't really care if you're in the military. I'm not gonna suck your dick just because you got a job in military, but if you like it thats cool. I just see it as a regular job, nothing special.
Might help a bit that I have veteran family members.

No, i just kinda dislike the "i wanted to join BUT..." types

No?

They’re a bunch of losers who wageslave for private (((companies)))

We’re a bunch of losers who wageslave for the (((government)))

At least they get to go home after a long day of wasting their lives

I was briefly a soldier and never resented civilians.
But once, for about 8 minutes, i understood why somebody might

>But once, for about 8 minutes, i understood why somebody might
Lemme guess
"EVIL BABY KILLING IMPERIALIST REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

I can respect that. Dicksucking the armed forces is retarded. It’s just a job to advance the interests of our oligarchs by force. But I do enjoy the free shit and worship sometimes.

Must be nice being american. Most of the world, you get "oh so you do nothing all day?"

now, just imagine true dedication and perseverance.
I know better than anybody that that's not actually how the amry happens, but pretend.
drink a little cool-aid so the hypothetical makes sense

anyway, get up at 5 and exercise so you'll be strong.
eat mediocre food quickly and do a hard task well because it's important to somebody.
all the effort from you and your buddies adds up to a safer and more stable world.
You've got connection, purpose and power. Why? because you paid for it, in sweat and in blood.
If you found time for a family, you've left them crying on a variety of occasions.

But all that is stupid propaganda and besides the point.
Point is, you get back and everybody is stupid and slow.
You're constantly waiting on people to get ready so we can leave after we should have been there.
they stress about non events and don't listen to people who know better.
can't be left alone or they wander off.

In most ways, this is all strawman BS, but if a soldier felt like this, i would understand.
because americans today are honestly stupid and wicked

I think he meant the rectal exam and penis inspection at MEPS

Sure ya do

Attached: jpg.jpg (1500x1000, 884K)

Civilians are better than military desu

.t prior mil

killing brown people

Only the ones who ask stupid questions.

I don’t understand the designation through the term “civilian”. Aren’t milfags just civilians who enlisted? That doesn’t change the fact that you’re a civilian who is now employed by the military. That would be like me, a cook, saying how civilians or everyday people are different than me because I carry a pan all day. What the fuck.

Pathetic ZOGbots. Look down on me if you want, I take it as a compliment.

So why can't civilians ever show up where they're supposed to be, when they're supposed to be there, in clothing appropriate for where they're supposed to be?

What do you do? Get tranny sensitivity training? Rake gravel? Send an air strike on a village?

something something fighting for israel something something jews
am i playing this game right?

they do just fine. some civilians are low tier, some are high tier, just like military. if you're a low tier kind of person, chances are those are the kind of civilians you hang out with.

Where's the military when there's a huge chimp out and "civilians" are left to defend their businesses on their own? Does the military defend our borders? no.
Useless except for killing people in the middle east for israel.

>Do you resent civilians, and if so, why?
Kinda.

A general "there's a 90% chance that this human has not experienced half of what I have in regards to stress, elements, etc...".

It's the same cocky evaluation of your own experiences that loggers, deep sea fishermen,
farmers, ranch hands, linemen, roofers, etc... have.

Literally every man I've ever met, soldier or civilian, with a shitty job that makes you experience hardship that the vast majority of modern society will never understand has been kinda resentful or had a superiority complex about it in some way or another.

I felt the same way coming back from OSUT that I felt after a summer working on a friend's ranch; like my balls were massive and if you hadn't done what I'd done you were a punk.

If I resented them, why would I want to become one again?

Some civilians are annoying because shocker, some people ate annoying. For every obnoxious "I bet you killed people huh?" civilian I can think of 50 motarded fuckfaces who can't read or lead that I want to literally murder.

Legally prohibited from doing anything thanks to the civilians you elected to govern you.

>what is posse comitatus
Have you never wondered why we have both an Army Reserve and a National Guard

Attached: 1550715993126.jpg (490x375, 42K)

honestly nothing is more pathetic than some fucking loser who comes back from VOLUNTEERING to enlist in the military with a huge head, demanding respect and idolization from everyone. Congrats, you made nothing of yourself in life, so while others were opening businesses and going to college, you were jerking off in a cot somewhere wondering when you're finally going to get the opportunity to shoot at brown people.

This isn't to shit on all military/ex-military people of course, merely the shit head ones I've had to deal with. The ones who we all know would have ended up as either meth freaks, or dead in a ditch somewhere had they not enlisted. I've met people who came back and were just normal people. They did their 6 years in, got a full ride to college on the GI bill, and are now normal contributing members of society who rarely, if ever, bring up their serving.

Enlisting into the military quite literally changes what happens to you in times of war. Or rather what could happen.

An invading or defending power has no real responsibilities to a foreign national civilian. this is different than a member of a recognized military, for instance, if you're a member of a military recognized by the UN and abides by the Geneva conventions (provided the other combatants are also recognized by both structures and abide by them ) you have certain things that must happen if you are captured.

They must provide food, shelter, safety, not use you as a hostage, or torture you or degrade you in any way, and maintain the ability for a impartial humanitarian body to provide medical services to you.

>they do just fine
lol, no. I've worked 17 civilian jobs over the last 28 years, ranging from flipping burgers at 15 to managing a corporate headquarters overseeing 430 people. The ratio of fuckups to non-fuckups has remained the same: 3:1.
>flipping burgers
Coworkers would show up 15-20 minutes late, out of uniform, smelling like they rolled in a landfill, dick around instead of doing their jobs, and bitch about how little they got paid.
>working in a tire shop
Coworkers would show up 15-20 minutes late, out of uniform, smelling like they rolled in a landfill, dick around instead of doing their jobs, and bitching about how little they got paid even if they got paid a fuckload (one old guy that had been working for the same shop for 45 years and had basically every automotive cert in existence was making ~$90k a year and still bitched that he was underpaid)
>middle management for a bank
Coworkers would show up 15-20 minutes late, in street clothes, smelling like they took a bath in malt liquor, dick around instead of doing their jobs, and bitching about how little they got paid even if they got a paid a fuckload
>senior management at a different bank
Coworkers would show up 15-20 minutes late, in street clothes, smelling like they took a bath in bourbon, disappear into the break room for 3 hours, come out, brew coffee, disappear into the bathroom for an hour, come out and drink their coffee, go to their desk, read a newspaper, go to lunch for an hour, come back, brew coffee, then go home an hour early. Never even turned their work computer on.
>middle management for a national retail corporation
I worked there for 4 fucking months before I ever saw my direct boss even though his office was right next to mine, he just ghosted for half the year.

good God she aged like milk.
by law the military cannot get involved like that. Would you really want it? The ability for the American government to summons its entire military force when ever it wants to to stomp any form of uprising? If you're not armed already to defend yourself, why the fuck are you on Jow Forums?

jesus fuck, mate. I'm an engineer and we don't have these problems. maybe it's a non-technical thing.

No, at least not all.

Most folks have no idea of the lifestyle and experiences you have in service. That doesn't make them wrong, only that they chose a different path for themselves. Something that defines service, allowing other to live life as they see fit. There is more to service than being in the military, a plethora of civilians serve. Some people escape into an office job, others enlist. Doesn't make them wrong, or us right. Just different flavors for different people.

My only beef with certain civilians is trying to use our experiences for their own agenda.

Attached: IMG_0159.jpg (640x480, 92K)

I dunno. Maybe. All I know is it's a fucking terrible feeling when the key carrier for your building is so fucking late you've got half your employees and 10 clients standing around the front door with their thumbs up their asses because nobody can get in.

Especially in a bank, because literally nothing in them is immediately usable, it takes a MINIMUM of half an hour from the time the front door's unlocked until the teller's computers are functional and the drawers are filled, and that's assuming we pencil-whipped the morning counts and disregarded all physical security practices.

This has happened in a corporate setting too, where only third-party security has access control.
>supposed to be at work at 8
>show up at 0750
>front door's locked, wtf, we have 24/7 security
>call the security desk with my cell, no answer
>well shit that's not good
>call security company, security company can't get a hold of the guy that's supposed to be working either via radio or his cell
>call 911, either the overnight guy had a heart attack/stroke and died at his desk or the place got broken into and the intruder whacked him
>cops show up, force entry, finds ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, no sign of a security guy ever being there, no sign of forced entry
>spend the next 20 minutes giving statements as official rep of the business while juggling calls with everybody else in positions of authority in the company, including the board of directors
>3 days later security company tells us they figured out what happened, night shift guy got bored and went home at like 0100 without telling anybody and leaving the building uncovered, which is a breach of contract and supposed to be grounds for immediate dismissal
>he's still working there

Also I got sued for "sexual discrimination" for firing my absentee secretary.
>lady waltzes in one day and plops down at the secretary desk
>excuse me but who the fuck are you
>I'm your secretary
>OH. No you're not, I fired you 2 months ago. What with you not showing up to work for 100 consecutive days and all.
>You can't do that!
>Yes I can, according to company policy XXXX.YYYY, here's a copy. I sent your letter of termination to the address on record, 555 Bitch-Hole Street, Yourtown, USA.
>....well....that's my address....but I never got it! You can't do this!
>Yes you got it, I sent it registered mail, signature required, as per company policy XXXX.YYYY appendix C, here's a copy of the policy and here's a photocopy of the signed receipt.
>YOU CANT DO THIS THIS IS SEXUAL DISCRIMINATION IMMA SUE
and she did. She lost badly, but she managed to drag it out for 8 fucking months. At least the company floated all the legal fees until it was settled.

She had an androgynous first name, since I'd never seen her I didn't know whether she was male, female, black, white, other, or even fucking human when I terminated her. Which probably didn't actually help my side of the case any but sure as shit embarrassed the fuck out of her in front of the judge.

Also
>>call 911, either the overnight guy had a heart attack/stroke and died at his desk
has happened on me twice now.
>show up to work
>building's locked, wtf
>call security company, security company can't get ahold of guard
>call 911, cops force entry
>guard dead and cold at the desk
And the second one, the guy had a widowmaker at like noon on a Tuesday with 30 people in the lobby.

Both guards were old, the first one was in his early 60s and the second was 83. Not exactly a good choice of profession for someone that old, but with it being third party security we don't get to pick who they assign to us.

no i resent other soldiers

This.

>checked

Especially those grunt wear motherfuckers that want everyone to thank them.

Attached: 1447744387081.jpg (800x220, 80K)

>hurr durr fugg the national guard!!

Don’t worry faggot. I’ll still rescue you from rioters and floods.

>it’s a POG whining about “service” episode

>nothing is more pathetic
i can think of one thing: believing that this actually happens.
The soldiers I know, in and out, are generally better put together or legit fucked medically.
nothing like your strawman

except airforce

>t: enlisted brainlet

More than you

If only the Geneva convention were actually implemented on US troops instead of the US being the only ones to follow it

We're in the ME to gain control of it. Do you really want Iranian and Russian control of it? By controlling the ME we can basically cut of oil shipments to China without losing tens of thousands of troops. Why else do you think China wants the South China Sea? Hint...12% of world gas reserves

I got a union desk job, same shit here. The more jobs I've had the more I've realized people don't want to work, have no self awareness, are completely apathetic, etc... but are the first to bitch about pay.
I worked a job with a base pay of ~32k, sucked balls, but they offered weekend work with a bonus of ~$100-200 AND YOU GOT TWO DAYS OFF DURING THE WEEK. No extra work, you just changed your schedule a bit. We had a team of like 30-50 people that constantly bitched about pay and it was only me and one other dude consistently did the weekend shifts. A fuckin 8k yearly raise for no extra work, holy shit I milked that bitch. I asked one my 28 year old virgin coworkers why he wasn't capitalizing on that shit and he says 'well, what if I want to go to the waterpark on saturday?' well then GO ON A FUCKIN TUESDAY you fuckin mongoloid.

Sounds about right.
>janitor in my office is mid 30s neckbeard
>works part time, 24-25 hours a week
>always bitching about being broke
So I asked his supervisor if there were any full time positions available for him since his supervisor was also bitching about being understaffed. Super says he's offered the dude full time with bennies repeatedly and keeps getting shot down cuz the guy wants more vidya time.

you are not in the minority. but you will not have a good time trying to talk to people here. just lurk.

post your stomach or guns user gogogo

No, however I hate soldiers. They're fat, lazy, and constantly looking for a handout.

Speaking from the point of a 11 year US soldier.

>all the effort from you and your buddies adds up to a safer and more stable world

Do you say this as a soldier who actually believes this or is it devil's advocate?

Who’s dumber?

The guy who enlisted, finished college, and walked away making 6 figures?

Or the nigger with a “degree” that could only find work as butter bar?

I truly feel safe in Israel thanks to your gravel raking, refrigerator repair, and beating your 17 year old girlfriend half to death in your Camaro/Charger you bought at 35% interest.

It's not like you're fighting China in the middle east. You are there. If China were to come would we have a war with China because Chinese are shoot-on-sight?

Besides, China is all up in Africa and even Poland for soft-imperialist reasons. They probably don't want to deal with muslims which is why they put there own into camps.

It seems like soldiers buy into to much neocon propaganda and don't realize that warfare is basically outdated compared to seizing control through political reasons.

You're def a Canada fag

This is kinda surreal to me since I stopped wageslaving at like 24. Just save and invest so you don’t have to work.

No what I'm saying is one of China's main weaknesses is that the are dependent on oil shipments from the middle east. If the US were to control the middle east we would have total dominance over China since they would collapse within 8-12 months without oil. China is in Africa because no one honestly wants Africa and China is in the beginner stage of imperialism and Africa is easy mode

China has nothing to gain from colonizing anything. Westerners just whine about it because they wanna keep their cut of the economic pie. The Chinese are simply more straightforward trade partners. As a whole sub-saharan africa does most of its trade with the west.

t. Africoid

Every civilian who works on Fort Bragg has been put on this Earth to fuck my pay and regularly put my life into crisis while considering me an inconvenience for them to get off early for lunch.

China can push their cheap manufacturing to Africa as well as set up military bases and take natural resources

you guys sure read good
> In most ways, this is all strawman BS, but if a soldier felt like this, i would understand

I will never understand why a post with 60,000 servicemembers has ONE ID card office, which is only open from 0800-1130 then 1300-1600, M-F. Especially when there's nobody fucking there before 0815, they're usually early to leave for lunch and late to return from it, and the last appointment of the day can't be scheduled after 1530.

It's damn near impossible to have saved and invested enough to live solely off interest by 24 without either getting incredibly lucky like in the dotcom bubble or taking HUGE risks. Unless you're willing to accept a very meager existence and are trying to live off ~$1000/mo.

>Both guards were old, the first one was in his early 60s and the second was 83. Not exactly a good choice of profession for someone that old, but with it being third party security we don't get to pick who they assign to us.
Thats because, nearly all security companies are a fucking revolving door when it comes to employees. I use to work for a security company for 2 years and I have seen 200 people quit and this is a company that has at max 15 people on payroll.

>implying this is somehow bad
Do not go gentle into that good night

Waste of time and money. Trading is easier.

bunch of ROTC kids have been clogging the galley past couple days, hate it when they treat the base like a field trip.

I wanted to join, but then I realized I'd be fighting for Israel's interests

I knew this but needed shekels so damn

I’m a US Marine, originally raised in Portland Oregon. A lot of my fellow marines get so injured when civilians call them soldiers etc. but honestly, I have a bit of admiration for them. It’s like, yup, I gave up a large portion of my life for you, and i wouldn’t have it any other way. Enjoy being free.

I meet people who say that and they're fine 95% of the time. One kid I worked with got recruited too aggressively and not well(seems like his recruiter didn't lie enough).
I hope you're talking about the small percentage of crew cut cowards who act like they were military because they saw a recruiter in their high school. Those people suck and are full of shit, even if you never mention your service.

And we handed over our tax dollars for your welfare.

>resent
Why would I resent them? Because my job is military and not civilian? I'm a normal person just like them and more importantly an American just like them.

how the FUCK am i still a neet? where the fuck are these magical do-nothing jobs? i normally hate loafing on the clock but honestly anything is better than wasting years out of the workforce.

Kek. My old staff sergeant used to say “Thank you for your taxes” in response to TYFYS

lol what a dick

There is no honor in serving in the US military because you are fighting for jew interests
LOL anyone who joins the US military belongs to the dregs of society. You are too stupid for college or even a trade school. Thats why most people in the military are white trash, niggers or spics. You have the IQ of a chimp and will end up dead or paralyzed fighting for zionists kek

Your civilian job finances ZOG

LOL

>You're constantly waiting on people to get ready so we can leave after we should have been there.
>they stress about non events and don't listen to people who know better.
>can't be left alone or they wander off.
Honestly, this is the shit that gets on my nerves.

Attached: knife hands internally.jpg (960x640, 233K)

>does the military defend our borders?
I’m at the southernmost tip of Texas with 2 other active duty units monitoring and patrolling hotspots for immigrants. I’m looking at Mexico from where I am right now

Yfw you find out you do more work for the jews than any General could ever do

Attached: 54884663_2.jpg (541x772, 92K)

Hey fellow Portlandfag. You had the misfortune of being to Portland lately? Makes me regret giving the Corps years of my life so a shit hole like that could exist. The rest of oregon minus Salem and Eugene is cool though.

I agree with this.

Have you seen the Tide Pod generation? The military can't meet recruiting goals because 75% of them are disqualified for being fat, mentally ill or having low IQ.

Couldn't join due to ADHD.

And I grew up wanting to be an a10 pilot.

Soldiers that hate civilians are the most stuck up annoying people in any unit, bonus points if they’re quartermasters or supply or something

Fact check: false

I have ADD and it hasn’t stopped me, you’ll find people with much worse mental deficiencies in the military

Fake and gay. I HAVE ADHD and told meps about it. I even went on meds while in and am still serving.

Conscript here. I kinda do. Most people that are in my unit always talk how they can't wait to get out. All they do is drink and do other normie shit. And to think that in a war I'd have to fight to protect those pieces of shit. There are a few decent people but the majority are insufferable basic dude bro equivalents in my country with a little bit of bydlo sprinkled in. Surprisingly there are a lot of weebs

>Do you resent civilians

Don't see why I would; if anything I like them better. Almost all my friends are civilians who have never been and will never be in the military, and conversely I don't like to be around most the people in my command any longer than my normal working hours.

On the other hand, in my experience I can hold more nuanced and interesting conversations about guns, politics, world events, international relations, and conspiracy theories with a higher average of milbros than I can with the average civvie.

I'm just some shorebird sailor, but that's been my experience. Other people in other commands and in other branches will probably have other views, but I think we can all agree the weakest race is civvies who leech off military culture for social status (the "I almost joined..." guy, dependapotamuses, girls whose dad was in the military when she was like 7 so she "totally gets it," etc.)

Attached: set_phasers_to_gaming_eggsdeedeedee.jpg (830x960, 72K)

Depends on the branch and how bad the quotas are. I don't know the USAF's standards very well, but I've definitely heard of people being denied because of minor stuff during years where the service is overmanned.

I can tell you with confidence the Army won't denie you. They're so desperate right now I'm pretty sure you could get your dead great grandpa through meps. The Marines are 50/50.

get inspected? kiss superiors ass? oh wait secure a post? fucking shit what exactly are you doing?

I'm fucking pissed that I was in a position to join, but got knocked back on medical grounds, spent a year and counting on joint surgery so that I'd be in a position to join, but have gotten tied up with civvie shit again, and am no longer free to do so.
Soon, soon...

The absolute lack of perspective of civvies blows my mind to this day, how little they understand about every fucking thing they ever do.
Your post is an accurate summary of my thoughts on them, can't be trusted for fucking anything
(That said, I have dealt with a number of vets who are even worse in this regard, but in all such cases they've been autistic, so go figure)