What situations would a Minimalist/ Lightweight carrier setup excel at?

What situations would a Minimalist/ Lightweight carrier setup excel at?

What's your take on these equipment?

Attached: Rogue-Carrier-B_W_1800x1800.jpg (1186x821, 96K)

when you have medics ready to grab you and whisk you to a well-equipped medical tent. Plates are stupid for SHTF

They’re good for short operations like clearing a house but that’s about it. Plates are overrated in a SHTF situation where there is no FoB to hang out until the next operation.

That should be under his shirt and not over it for it to perform as it was intended.

when you're bugging in like you should be if possible because thats where all your shit is. If you're guarding your house there is literally no downside to having plates no matter how many mental gymnastics people do to say otherwise.
>Plates are stupid for SHTF
retard

expanding on this, look at real examples of shtf in the US. I dont know where Jow Forums gets this idea that SHTF will likely be some sort of battle royale free for all in the woods or some 280 mile bugout where every ounce counts.
>Katrina
lots of people sitting in their houses doing neighborhood watch, 0 downside to plates here
>LA riots
do you think rooftop koreans would have turned down armor if you offered it to them? Hypothetical examples:
>pandemic
bug in if possible. Literally no point of running out into the woods and leaving all your shit behind. If you actually have a good reason to and weight is a consideration just leave the plates with the rest of your shit.
>nuclear war
same as above
>civil unrest/war
why the hell wouldnt you want armor here? People like
also love to claim that in "shtf" (retarded battle royale in the woods) all medical services will be shut down permanently. In actual examples of shtf this isnt the case, but they become less accessible. In a katrina situation for example getting shot in the gut, for example may be survivable, there will just be a delay in how long it takes to get medical attention.

To me the only reason to not have plates would be because you are fleeing on foot.and time is a factor.

yeah I agree with this and its certainly a possibility, in any scenario im going to do everything I can to avoid having to flee thought because what I have at my home is vastly superior than what I can carry in my ruck as far as supplies go

As soon as shit goes down you start wearing it, when it comes time to move you're already wearing it. Its not that hard to put on anyway.

I prefer slick PC's
storing all your shit on there doesnt make sense.
slick you can throw a coat on over it.

you want storage?
thats what a chest rig is for. chest rig + slick PC master race.

Attached: my plate carrier.jpg (1101x1275, 324K)

Slickside Carrier and belt setup.
/thread

bump

>there will be no doctors or medics available for shtf
>so dont wear the protective equipment that would stop a bullet from greviously injuring you

Retarded logic

This user knows. Slick, under a shirt and jacket is the way to go.

The advantage of minimalist PCs is like small pistols: concealability. They're lighter than something with side plates and magazines. If you're wearing a plate carrier in public and open carrying a rifle, do what you want I guess. But if you want to look normal minimalist PCs or kevlar vests with insert pockets are the way to go.

SHTF in the way you two mean it is a retard's fantasy that has never, and will never occur on this planet.

SHTF in reality, plates would be very valuable
>civil unrest
>natural disaster causing temporary lapse in law and order
both very real situations that happen and plates would help you.
>motherfucking ZOMBIES dude, we gotta run on foot for 30 miles a day to...well somewhere, because some reason
Zombies or whatever other concept you plan on running from isn't real. What is real is crushing despair at the mundanity of modern life and escapist fantasy. Plates might hold you back a bit from your dreams of abandoning civilization, but your bigger problem will be you haven't ran since highschool and can't even walk two miles with half the shit you plan on taking.

not those anons but are you stupid? soldiers march all day with plates and a ruck and a rifle. the standard is not difficult to achieve.

>soldiers march all day with plates and a ruck and a rifle.
People posting about
>muh shtf
Aren't soldiers.
>the standard is not difficult to achieve.
Really? Then why does the military have to employ full time babysitters to coach soldiers for months into being able to achieve it?

>being this mad
take it easy neverserved

If you'd served you'd know the average person can hardly even move with a ruck on. There's no point debating it, you don't know what carrying 90lbs of shit feels like.

I'm sorry you're so weak, user. Let someone else carry the plate carrier.

I think you're illiterate as well as stupid, since I'm saying plate carriers are useful.

They excel when you're not fat. Why don't they make fat guy plates? That guys vital organs are bloated, who is he kidding with those little ass plates.