How much did you pay for yours?

The 17S prices are all over the place. I've been gone awhile and haven't kept track - what is a "fair" price these days? Did anyone get seriously ripped off? LOL CONFESS

Attached: payup.jpg (1280x720, 94K)

How this is a $3,000+ gun is beyond me. What are you getting out of this that you can't get with an AR-15/AR-10 for half the cost?

Around $3k new, $2800 used

The ability for recently hasgunz rich fags to flex on people who aren't made of money, then drop another $1k on a new rail, Gieselle trigger, new stock, new pistol grip, a high end optic, and a new muzzle device.

Looks like about $3,300 online. No idea what in person is like in different states.. doesn't seem super common/in stock in gun stores around me

Oh makes sense

The appearance. Its because the SCAR looks better than an AR

I find the ergos more comfortable than an ar10, it's more pleasurable to suppress than an ar10, it has softer recoil than the few ar10's I've fired, in some cases it's lighter weight than an ar10, it simply brings me more joy of ownership than an ar10 would, I just like it more.

It's good out of the box, relax.

Some user said he got one in person in Phoenix area for $3,200. No idea what store.

LGS has a black one (yes 17S) for $2600 and a tan one right above it for $3200.

Didn't ask what the differences were.

Probably nothing more than an LMT would get you. However, this is a proprietary design that doesn't have the economics of scale and competition that the normal AR market has. Also, it's FN. So, there's going to be a sizable markup for the name.

Apparently turning off full auto costs 2000
So fucking lame

what if you did have that money but you spent it to increase the value of your house instead?

I think someone did an analysis a while back and determined that SCARs cost no more that $400 to manufacture with materials, labor and a healthy profit margin added in. Basically FN is ripping people the fuck off. It’s a fine rifle no doubt, but it’s not worth anything close to $3000.

The color, that’s literally the only difference.

I suspect every major manufacturer does this. Along with optics suppliers too.
They just don't have enough serious competition to keep prices from getting out of hand.

Question the methodology used to calculate that. There's much more to consider like operating costs and R&D. If you spend millions in investing into R&D as well as into tooling, training, etc., you're going to charge a lot more than the actual manufacture and material costs.

FN charges SOCOM around $1400. Cost of good from the EU is about $750. Does not include tooling costs etc. Now they are in SC it'll be even cheaper.

FN scars if the 16S was $1999 and the 17S was $2399 would sell by the boat load

I don't think there is a difference between them at all. Just the black one is boring looking in comparison. What I really wonder about is the 20S... I'm not sure if it has a heavier/better barrel, or what. It's selling for $4,000 right now.. I know the buttstock is more elaborate, and it has a full length rail, but other than that... uhh.. oh a Geissele trigger I believe.

Attached: bigboy.jpg (660x522, 50K)

Obviously it takes a shit-ton to develop a new high-quality modern rifle, build the factories, build the tooling, pay all the people involved, etc.
But they cover those capital costs with the government contracts.

It's all paid off. They could charge civilians 1500 and still make a profit. They charge 3500 because they think people will pay it.

No shit two weeks ago for $2117 out the door. Only 320 rds down the pipe.

mine was 2800. a little over 3k after taxes.

70% flexing. 30% it's a good gun

I bought mine after the sandy hook prices fell and before they hiked again for about 2,200 with a geissele trigger and other accessories. Was a sweet deal

Black ones I'm guessing

Poorfag get out.

Don't mind me. Just collecting poorfag tears to mix a palate cleanser.

Attached: GIT GUD.jpg (2160x1838, 1.19M)

fde. black ones were the same price at the time.

Aren't most .308s really fucking heavy? I know there are some outliers like the POF guns but the 17S is pretty light and (I shot a rental at a local gun range, do not own) the recoil felt more like 7.62x39. Telling people they can shoot a .308 those two things, in addition to all the other great stuff about the gun, means they will shell out the cash. That big FN stamp on the side doesn't hurt either. No shortage of .308 cred there.

Attached: l8whVod.jpg (1138x1187, 762K)

I was in my local gunshop the other day picking up some ammo. They had one of these hangin on the wall and i realized the stock looks like a fuckin ugg boot. I pointed this out to the gitl behind the counter said she agrees.
"I thought i was the only one who noticed that"

How much was it selling for?

The markup isn't just a tactical larp tax, it's also what justifies the tactical larp tax. If these cost $800, people wouldn't buy them to flex on the poors.

Might have the chance to snag one at a pawn shop for 2400, but that's the second time in a year I've had that opportunity and I've found deals with accessories that price the gun similarly.

Also at this point with the Bren 2 relatively close to release, and my recent research on LMT's offerings, I'm in no rush.

>two Scars
>B&T
>that fucking Sig 550
Jesus christ

Attached: gabagif.gif (368x349, 2.53M)

17s and 20s are both awesome, can't decide which to go for, wuahhhhhhh!!

Also anyone with both - which do you use & enjoy more - and why?

that's an SG751.

Own both, love both. Which do I shoot and enjoy the most? Neither. Unironically the 16S is the most pleasurable to shoot.

Between the SCAR-H and SSR, ask yourself what kind of role you're trying to fill. One is a lightweight general purpose battle rifle while the other is optimized to squeeze the most potential accuracy out of the platform. Each are specialized for their intended purpose and it would be a mistake to let equipment selection dictate your mission parameters instead of the other way around.

Black is around 2,600.

I paid 3,000 for a used FDE last week(sub 200 rounds) because while every website says 'For Sale, $2,800' they have been out of stock and back ordered for months.

The ability to laugh at people who can't afford one or are too scared to part with 3k and call them poorfags.

>Aren't most .308s really fucking heavy?
No.

An AR10 with M16 style furniture will be around 8.5lbs. A 17S is 8lbs. A G3 is 9.5lbs. They aren't that heavy and there isn't that big of a difference. If you dip an AR15 in a bucket full of tactical strapons it will probably end up heavier.

16S is your fave! Wow, ok. Thanks for your input, all user opinion helps.
BTW, how far out would you say the 17S realistically shoots? I saw someone say 800, but he may be really talented..

>An AR10 with M16 style furniture will be around 8.5lbs
you sure about that? The top dollar AR10s are all pretty heavy (with like 2 exceptions). LMT is 10 lbs, MR762 is 10 lbs, SR-25 is 9. And these all have 16 inch barrels.

>how far out would you say the 17S realistically shoots?

It's reliably a 1-1.5 MOA rifle with factory match ammo. Even with the 13" barrel, man size hits out to 800m are well within the rifle's capabilities.

Conversely, the 20S is a 1MOA rifle at minimum. It will better retain that level of precision over extended courses of fire due to its heavy profile barrel. The obvious tradeoff being increased weight and reduced maneuverability compared to the carbine variant.

>They aren't that heavy and there isn't that big of a difference
difference is center of gravity.

Right under $2,900 new in 2013.

Attached: 28822355_10157058134168906_1199045046_o.jpg (2048x1152, 216K)

Got it. Well, I can see the need for both. FML
Thanks.

get BOTH faggit. Having a SCAR means you don't have to choose.

>R&D
It's literally an AR-18, but with fragile plastic shit.

>literally
you are LITERALLY retarded.

I'd be more interested in the 20s if FN released it in 6.5 creedmoor with a 22" barrel. There's a lot of potential in the 20s, but it's just not worth the price given it's current available configuration and chambering.

also, why don't you join ard?

Attached: image0 - Copy.jpg (1632x1224, 728K)

They cost more because they do more damage in games.

>I don't understand overhead costs whatsoever and thing things should only cost the bare materials and labor

Yep the Brownells retro rifles are right around 8.5-8lbs.

The three you listed all have govt to heavy profile barrels and chunky hand guards. That's where the majority of the weight is coming from.

If you put on a lightweight profile barrel and shortened the hand guard down so as much barrel is as exposed on a 17S you'll be around 8lbs (surprise surprise). If you use one of those fancy BSF Carbon/Stainless barrels for $600 a pop you could get down to mid 7lbs. A chrome lined Criterion is 38oz and a BSF is 10oz less. If you go with a carbon fiber hand guard and skeletonized stock you can get down to mid 6s. The carbon fiber stock is going to make the rifle front heavy though.

$2500 give or take. I really didnt look too closely at it because im not dumping my American gods on that, when i can get a very decent cheeky breeki for $1200.